• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

new Mr. JBJ comemoration T-shirt to be available

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saturday, October 11, 2008

<!-- Begin .post --> Version 3 of Comemoration polos for Mr. JBJ

I will make available in a week or so this version of dry-fit polos (click on image to enlarge) for supporters of late Mr. JBJ to commemorate our icon of reform. It is quite politically neutral as it has only "In Commemoration of Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam born 5 Jan 1926 deceased 30 Sept 2008 In Our Hearts Forever...".

It will be available via Reform Party & other groups just to help them gain some fundings.

1st version were round-neck T-shirts with only "In Commemoration of Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam". 2nd version added "born 5 Jan 1926 deceased 30 Sept 2008", and 3rd version added "In Our Hearts Forever...".

posted by uncleyap at 1:37 AM

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will make available in a week or so this version of dry-fit polos (click on image to enlarge) for supporters of late Mr. JBJ to commemorate our icon of reform. It is quite politically neutral as it has only "In Commemoration of Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam born 5 Jan 1926 deceased 30 Sept 2008 In Our Hearts Forever...".

It will be available via Reform Party & other groups just to help them gain some fundings.

1st version were round-neck T-shirts with only "In Commemoration of Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam". 2nd version added "born 5 Jan 1926 deceased 30 Sept 2008", and 3rd version added "In Our Hearts Forever...".

With all due respect to the late hero Mr JBJ, the font seems to be quite small to be seen, someone from behind have to walk very close to read, and if I e-brake, the person behind me will bump into my ass.:rolleyes:

It would be good to have the font size slightly larger and simple wording without birth and death date.

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all due respect, I do hope you have the family's permission/blessing.

I would think a more stylized picture (like Chev Guevara http://orbita.starmedia.com/~cheleft/che2/Chev.gif) with the following quote will be more approriate:

"Come, walk with me, let us walk together, hand in hand...for peace, justice, truth ... fearing no one except God", JBJ, Jul 2008

mee_siam_hum

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would think a more stylized picture (like Chev Guevara http://orbita.starmedia.com/~cheleft/che2/Chev.gif) with the following quote will be more approriate:

"Come, walk with me, let us walk together, hand in hand...for peace, justice, truth ... fearing no one except God", JBJ, Jul 2008

From what I heard the family members have mixed feelings towards the support and condolence received. One aspect is that Mr. JBJ deserve more from the Singaporeans while he was still alive, and these wreaths etc after he past is not very practical, compared to helps and supports to him when he was down & oppressed.

UY is one of those minority to go forward to practically help vs those who will only say nice things and give flowers after JBJ past.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If some of JBJ's family indeed feel this way, it is very understandable. Here was a man who gave his life to his cause. Whilst he was alive, the public had very mixed feelings about him. On the one hand, they see his passion and fervour. On the other hand, they hear what the press had written about him. They read about the defamation suits against him by the PAP leaders and the way the independent judiciary ruled. And PAP did so much for the country. Therefore the PAP cannot be wrong, right? So the public are not very sure of the territory. And wonder if in the midst of all the attacks, if it had turned into a bitter feud.

Thus if they prefer the man to have some peace at last, and don't touch politics with a 10-foot pole except standing for the PAP ticket which guarantees wealth and continuous increments, then that is also understandable. For why go against the PAP when by going for the PAP you stand to gain the best that singapore's resources can offer? After all, to throw away all those potential material gains for serving the public in the opposition? Far better to serve the public in the PAP!It is very good to serve one of the world's smallest population with the highest pay in the world! It is still public service!

So, it is understandable why the public only come in when JBJ is no more. Perhaps they know that with the passing of JBJ, singapore has lost one of the very few who are prepared to work for them for nothing and yet lose all they have.

Sad, but understandable.

Even more understandable when you look at the state of opposition today. Because a leader of JBJ's stature cannot make even the opposition political parties see sense.

But thank you Uncle Yap.

My comments on your t-shirt:

(1) a picture of JBJ, either stylish or cartoonish in a classic pose, will be good and communicate his message clearly without words

(2) your words are too many...keep it to two or three words at the most, with big fonts...eg "Destined to Live", "I love you Singapore", "My Life (front), For You (back)"

(3) avoid words like death, in commemoration, etc. Keep the whole message and photo upbeat.

You might like to consider that there is not even a need for any message. Maybe the letters J B J is sufficient. Three letters with a loud voice!

Last edited:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
JBJ's face looks a bit like a lion. Maybe a cartoonist can make his hair into a mane and captioned it "The Lion"

A lion is noble, fearless, stands for justice.

Suits JBJ rather well.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not quite as noble as those who robbed him blind while he was alive by dishonorable and unscrupulous ways.

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad for the death man, when he is alive, papee suck him dried. When he died, supporter noblely cashing on his death.:(

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr JBJ & Mahartma Ghandi or Elvis or Che Guevara or even Bin Laden are known as PUBLIC FIGURES. Entire world are publishing their images on every media not just T-shirts without asking any body any permission. But one smart thing is no one will publish a LKY T-shirt for sure.:biggrin:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

UY, wearing a demise's pic on a living body might not be a good idea:p

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
UY, wearing a demise's pic on a living body might not be a good idea:p

pondan you want UY to make T shirts with this pic say so lah ..... LOL

bobpigonsnowfj6.jpg