• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cool bro. That's the one we r going to :smile: is there anything that u don't know of? Haha :wink: u r super

There is an indoor one in Danga city mall. They even sell RAP versions which are like M4 type of markers with magazines with other interesting paintball accessories as well.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes Q3 this year for Legoland. Should have bought tickets but then too busy with work and stuff.

Alamah wasted! If not can just go in Jalan Jalan and have a fun ride whenever you feel like it especially during weekdays when it's not too crowded since you're staying so near to Legoland.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Alamah wasted! If not can just go in Jalan Jalan and have a fun ride whenever you feel like it especially during weekdays when it's not too crowded since you're staying so near to Legoland.

Thats why my wife always said i too kay poh and always helping others except for myself. Just remembered i need to do my MY taxes after the SG ones were done 2 weeks back. When wife looks at the taxes i pay, she always shakes her head,i seriously contribute too much taxes and nation building.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Cool bro. That's the one we r going to :smile: is there anything that u don't know of? Haha :wink: u r super

Good place, Dynamic Paintball.

Cool, thats a good one, can buy defensive paintball equipment as well as even an M4 type when you are there. Kind of cool, they even have AK types for Opfor but must buy as well.

Tonnes! Lots of things i don't know and still learning, each and every day. Every day is an opportunity for me to learn more in life before i pass on. :smile:

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, my friend bought the package from groupon. I only know it includes 500 pellets per person ( that's quite a lot!) but super cheap. About RM70 per person only. Don't know what equipments will be provided ... Will find out Soon :smile:

Good place, Dynamic Paintball.

Cool, thats a good one, can buy defensive paintball equipment as well as even an M4 type when you are there. Kind of cool, they even have AK types for Opfor but must buy as well.

Tonnes! Lots of things i don't know and still learning, each and every day. Every day is an opportunity for me to learn more in life before i pass on. :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats why my wife always said i too kay poh and always helping others except for myself. Just remembered i need to do my MY taxes after the SG ones were done 2 weeks back. When wife looks at the taxes i pay, she always shakes her head,i seriously contribute too much taxes and nation building.

Hard to find someone as helpful as you nowadays, really!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, my friend bought the package from groupon. I only know it includes 500 pellets per person ( that's quite a lot!) but super cheap. About RM70 per person only. Don't know what equipments will be provided ... Will find out Soon :smile:

Really priced reasonably, the mall itself is a bit run down and this is on the higher floors. There is also archery as well by another company.
You can even buy paintball grenades there or buy your own gear to make the shooting.........interesting. :smile:
Outdoor stuff :smile:
http://paintballasia.blogspot.com/2011/09/paintball-johor-malaysia-booking.html

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Got an idea from home alone. How about we put many tubs of super glue and let the intruders/thieves step into them? Or use a layer of grease/lubricants to trap them?

Thats actually still very useful. There are many combination of ordinary home items.
To a really determined person, anything is a weapon.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if you know of this tactic to make drivers stop and leave the car to check out the 'problem'. Just received this as is. Just read it for information and always be cautious:

This was confirmed by the TTDI Shell guy and happened at sec17 junction.

New Tactic! To Rob You in PJ And Soon All Places - spray some liquid on your tyre which leads to a smoke outburst .

Just received this from a local police force in Bangsar. There is a new tactic used by the thieves and robbers & spreading into PJ & other KL areas. Be careful when there is a motorist approaching while you are driving alone in a car. These days, the thieves will spray some liquid on your tyre which leads to smoke outburst.

When you encounter such a situation, don’t panic. Stay calm & don’t ever try to park your car to check what is going on. This is the intention purposely created by these thieves to get your attention. Once you get out from your car, they will snatch your belongings or may even harm you.

So, if you ever encounter such an incident, drive to a safe place where crowded people are or to a petrol or police station. As for the stain, use water to clean it up, that’s all. Look after your own safety, especially to those ladies out there. What ever happens, don’t simply walk out from your car.

Liquid is probably kerosene. When the tyre gets hot , the kerosene evaporates and seems a smoke outburst.. Nothing to worry about and don’t have to stop to check.. If you did not release your handbrake to drive, you get smoky outburst too and burnt tyre smell.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
i would love to meet up this wonder woman one day !!

Thanks, she really is one, at least IMHO. I like women who are able to handle themselves well,
prepared to send them/impart all the knowledge they need. I need to know when i shut my eyes
forever, she and my family will be well prepared.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not sure if you know of this tactic to make drivers stop and leave the car to check out the 'problem'. Just received this as is. Just read it for information and always be cautious:

This was confirmed by the TTDI Shell guy and happened at sec17 junction.

New Tactic! To Rob You in PJ And Soon All Places - spray some liquid on your tyre which leads to a smoke outburst .

Just received this from a local police force in Bangsar. There is a new tactic used by the thieves and robbers & spreading into PJ & other KL areas. Be careful when there is a motorist approaching while you are driving alone in a car. These days, the thieves will spray some liquid on your tyre which leads to smoke outburst.

When you encounter such a situation, don’t panic. Stay calm & don’t ever try to park your car to check what is going on. This is the intention purposely created by these thieves to get your attention. Once you get out from your car, they will snatch your belongings or may even harm you.

So, if you ever encounter such an incident, drive to a safe place where crowded people are or to a petrol or police station. As for the stain, use water to clean it up, that’s all. Look after your own safety, especially to those ladies out there. What ever happens, don’t simply walk out from your car.

Liquid is probably kerosene. When the tyre gets hot , the kerosene evaporates and seems a smoke outburst.. Nothing to worry about and don’t have to stop to check.. If you did not release your handbrake to drive, you get smoky outburst too and burnt tyre smell.

Thanks alot for sharing this Mallow!! Even if you hear noises when people tie cans with strings to your car, lock your car if you really have to get down to check. Lock your car when going to the petrol station counter (especially at night) to pay (you need to pay first before pumping at night).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks bro DOA, i told her many times, she is a bit stubborn sometimes hehe but so far she hasn't done it again.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
On a separate note, the other day when i drove into Tuas, i ran out of cash in my touch n go card. Worse, i forgot my ringgit in SG and i have 3 cards which folks used up (but forgot to top up for me)

So no choice, left with the issue to resolve (as always) so had to pay cash, SGD that is. The lady manning the counter told me she can only top up my car in SGD to the exact 1 to 1 value. So in the end, top up only 10RM in the card which allowed me to pass but yet paid 10 SGD.

Its my fault but do be careful to have RM in the car always.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have a few books on buddhism which I have not managed to digest yet. Have not come across Mohist, will sure to check it out. Thank you for the information.

Hi sgtsk, Mohism 墨家 died out in China long long unfortunately. Its a philosophy and a way of life long gone.

Much like a chinese version of freemasons except that this was formed not for religion but more as a philosophy
to prevent wars and suffering.
(Not the modern version of chinese freemason which is more like the triads)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohism

Mohism or Moism (Chinese: 墨家; pinyin: Mòjiā; literally "School of Mo") was a Chinese philosophy developed by the followers of Mozi (also referred to as Mo Tzu (Master Mo), Latinized as Micius), 470 BC–c.391 BC. It evolved at about the same time as Confucianism, Taoism and Legalism, and was one of the four main philosophic schools during the Spring and Autumn Period (from 770 BC to 480 BC)[1] and the Warring States Period (from 479 BC to 221 BC). During that time, Mohism (墨 Mo) was seen as a major rival to Confucianism (儒 Ru). The Qin dynasty, which united China in 221 BC, adopted Legalism as the official government philosophy and suppressed all other philosophic schools. The Han dynasty that followed adopted Confucianism as the official state philosophy, as did most other successive dynasties, though Daoism and later Buddhism also played an important part in later Chinese life and thought, while Mohism all but disappeared as a separate school of thought. Mohist books were later merged into Taoist canon.

Mohism is best known for the concept of "impartial love" or "universal love" (Chinese: 兼愛; pinyin: Jian Ai; literally "inclusive love") and "No Evasion" (Chinese: 非攻; pinyin: Fei Gong; literally "No Attack") Mozi's philosophy was described in the book Mozi, compiled by his students from his lecture notes.

There was a movie about this i think quite a few years back in 2006:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Battle_of_Wits_(2006_film)

Famous people like master craftsman, Lu Ban were also mentioned in Mozi:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lu_Ban

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
As there has been some PMs on taxes, please note that there is a personal income tax and it will take into account your rental income as well. The tax rate is 26% for non residents and 1-26% if you are staying here for at least 182 days a year.

You can deduct lots of stuff as a tax resident. Again, the real gains tax is based on the 5-10% (within 2 years 10%, after 2 years within 5 years 5%, after 5 years no real gains tax) of what you need to pay for the difference between buying and selling price.

Always keep your receipts even after 5 years for the renovation, bank interest, etc as these are deductible off taxes. Rumour has it that the government may impose 30% capital gains tax soon for properties sold within 1 year to avoid people flipping and speculating in properties.

I strongly urge those who are buying for own stay and still thinking about things not to continue thinking, just go to the developer you want and buy direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.