• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think for me it's gd news , I hope my friends and familiy can join me to own a retirement house in jb.

I am glad as well, it has to be a balance and make sense. Anti speculation measures are good but shouldn't come out all at one go.
That said,its always good to act fast like you once you have done all due dilligence.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh never trust e web info until u see e person in real. This is wat e judge told e ex principal upon sentenced jail terms to him.

Yes very true but i am definitely 35, overweight and too kaypoh for my own good. :smile:
Didn't think i ever put my age in my profile though.

My title as a general worker is also most apt as i belong to the common category of
the do everything type of guy.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given the current gloomy outlook, I think they are doing fairly good! :smile:

Iskandar Malaysia hits RM87.56b in committed investments

Apr 27, 2012

Within just six years, the growth corridor of Iskandar Malaysia has already achieved RM87.56 billion worth of committed investments, with 43 percent of which already realised.

"Iskandar Malaysia is continuing its drive towards the development of a thriving and sustainable modern metropolis in this southern part of Johor," said Ismail Ibrahim, Chief Executive of the Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA).

As a prerequisite to build up partnership with Singapore, Ismail said that further infrastructure development connecting the latter to Johor Bahru will be executed.

In addition, there is also a need to attract investors from the Asia Pacific.

As of March this year alone, Iskandar Malaysia has accumulated RM2.78 billion worth of investments.

Ismail noted that the Iskandar Malaysia-Singapore partnership promises to bring mutual advantage to both countries.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What do you think?

Good news or bad news?

In a way, investors would find the taxation related to Malaysia to be less similar to Singapore's ABSD now.

But I still like Malaysia's way of treating its citizens fairer by demarcating an area (RM 500,000 or less) for them so that the properties are not largely affected by inflationary pressures resulting from foreigners' purchases. That said, I think some critics would say that it is inevitable and prices will rise for them too.

The inflation monster is here? Just buy any asset!

I think its good news and i especially respect Malaysia for at least be seen to be doing its bit to help protect its own people. The 500k rule was implemented way before any rumours of elections first came about. The low and medium cost houses are also permanently out of the reach of
foreigners. Yes, need to do something more productive than putting in cash in the bank. More signature projects and cooperation between the
2 countries are on the way so probably by then, hopefully some of the old die hards may change their mindsets.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
U always eat supper at night (fatty food like prata etc some more), don't really help our waistlines, I know because I'm also guilty :p

Yes very true but i am definitely 35, overweight and too kaypoh for my own good. :smile:
Didn't think i ever put my age in my profile though.

My title as a general worker is also most apt as i belong to the common category of
the do everything type of guy.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wife is JB-lian, she have 2 properties (Both in kota tinggi) while i have brought 3 properties (2 units at KSL and 1 unit at precinct of Jaya Putra Perdana Housing Development, called Cube166)there since 2010.

Welcome to the club and i see that bros and sisters here have already formed the welcoming committee for you. :smile:
Well done, i see you have already arrived even before some of our friends here.

JB-lian is good as you can indirectly access property options which are closed to us foreigners.

I find that most of them are at least up to Crystal/Cathy/Jogs1 standards (i use them as a measure these days)
as in they are smart, resilient and has more guts than some platoon of guys added together.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
U always eat supper at night (fatty food like prata etc some more), don't really help our waistlines, I know because I'm also guilty :p

Haiz, because i always work late. Company only pay me for 9-6pm but i am the only person handling everything for my scope in APJ so even if i rest, in the end i still have to do and no headcount so have to just keep working. Not because of insurmountable work but because we always have some form of crisis which i have
to manage/troubleshoot. Used to be worse as i used to do almost 3 jobs back then.

My old job i was transitioning from, the 2 roles in APJ that i was covering until we finally have a boss who came in and took over one of the functions. Did that for a year for the transition and then 3 years before my boss came in, not sure how i survived back then. The most challenging thing in life is not working with people, its getting work done inspite of some people.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yo yo yo!

Heard from my frenz about this site and i'm glad to able to join you guys for our 2nd life in JB :smile:
Much to learn from you guys seniors :biggrin:

Again, a very warm welcome.

An open mind is the rarest commodity that this world has too little of, i seriously doubted it existed until i first posted on this forum and found people who at least were open enough to come out and see things for themselves. Some have already been there and this acted as both a marker and as an anchor point for them just like a climber will do for those climbing up after him/her.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just recalled something close to my heart.

From the time we left the army, a few of us always remembered to treat other National Sufferers well whenever we see this rare breed of sacrificial lamb in our midst. From giving these suffering souls lifts to when treating others to food/drinks, i still remember what we said when giving out treats back then.

Some of us will jokingly say, its "Subsidized by Mindef" when others wanted to pay. Always cracks some of us up and never fails to puzzle some people. Some of us
blur recruits back then did not know that food in the canteen is payable versus normal cookhouse food. So we will always say that when we are doing the treat to make them feel better.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Its meant to be a complement.. fret not

Thank you, i strive to continuously improve myself as a person so constantly need to do self reflection to see where my blind spots are(have tonnes of it)
People act as a mirror for one to view their reflection, some mirrors may be convex or some concave, all can be used to guage oneself to a certain extent.
Pride + ego are things we need to put down and a continuous struggle for me as they are obstacles to improvement.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, u have proven your capabilities and that u r able to take on multiple roles, including higher positions. Time to set up your own? :wink:

Haiz, because i always work late. Company only pay me for 9-6pm but i am the only person handling everything for my scope in APJ so even if i rest, in the end i still have to do and no headcount so have to just keep working. Not because of insurmountable work but because we always have some form of crisis which i have
to manage/troubleshoot. Used to be worse as i used to do almost 3 jobs back then.

My old job i was transitioning from, the 2 roles in APJ that i was covering until we finally have a boss who came in and took over one of the functions. Did that for a year for the transition and then 3 years before my boss came in, not sure how i survived back then. The most challenging thing in life is not working with people, its getting work done inspite of some people.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, u have proven your capabilities and that u r able to take on multiple roles, including higher positions. Time to set up your own? :wink:

Thanks, you are very kind. My boss recently asked me to take up more responsibilities and to consider running the part of the business as if its my own.
Always, always very indebted to the company i am working in. Any hours i take off from work, i will always pay it back through equivalent time put in or more, weekend or PH, it doesn't matter.

At most i will off my phone but work email, i will still cover. 5 years plus, never taken a single day of MC and i only use half of the leave i have. Even when working from home, my wife, family and friends know not to disturb me during my office hours. I only go downstairs to play with my son after work, even though he is young, he knows not to disturb me when i am working.

My boss or colleagues may not be good to me but i remain grateful to the company and to the founding guys. Even when i was sick or on leave overseas, though i will take longer to reply to prevent making mistakes, i will still get things done. Wife told me back then when the company gave us benefits, etc that she knows i will devote most of my time and life to the company.

I am the type who will die for the right general so very luckily never met someone like Wu Qi yet.
Soldiers of Wu Qi never turned their back from the battle.

http://history.cultural-china.com/Wise/wise151.html

General Wu Qi

General Wu Qi wore the same clothes and ate the same food as the rank and file soldiers of his army. He marched on foot with them instead of riding a horse.
When a soldier was wounded in action, he visited him and saw the soldier had a boil on his skin. In the presence of other soldiers, the general stooped to suck the pus out of the boil with his own mouth.

When the soldier’s mother heard of it, she burst into tears.

“Why should you weep?” someone asked her. “Your son is only a foot soldier, but the general is taking good care of him.”

“You don’t know,” said the mother. “A few years ago, General Wu Qi did the same thing for the boy’s father. My husband was so grateful that he fought and fought until he was killed by the enemy. Now my boy will also die for the general. That is why I’m weeping.”

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh, a lot! As long as its chubby ones hahahha

It's also my duty to tell u that I'm a RIGHT HANDER! :biggrin:

Hahaha, thanks for being a good sport. Oh no, it means you will be pinching more left cheeks a lot! :wink:

Eventually probably will have to do some small biz as even though i am an idealist, i have my pragmatic
moments and know one day i will have to leave the company to do something else. I remain grateful
and never stopped telling people what a great company this is.

Ok back to JB here, saw we had Mercedez cup the other day in HH. Thought that there will be more
Merc parked there but slightly more BMW then Merc, wondering was it a Merc/BMW cup??

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you, i strive to continuously improve myself as a person so constantly need to do self reflection to see where my blind spots are(have tonnes of it)
People act as a mirror for one to view their reflection, some mirrors may be convex or some concave, all can be used to guage oneself to a certain extent.
Pride + ego are things we need to put down and a continuous struggle for me as they are obstacles to improvement.

Remembered the show Seven which talks about the 7 sins of human..
wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony..
Agree its a struggle as we are only human.. btw i am an atheist

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wife is JB-lian, she have 2 properties (Both in kota tinggi) while i have brought 3 properties (2 units at KSL and 1 unit at precinct of Jaya Putra Perdana Housing Development, called Cube166)there since 2010.

Welcome to the forum, you will get answers to most questions here from the helpful forummers here. There is a civil and helpful atmosphere that is quite enjoyable to read. I would stay "stress less" participation.....

Status
Not open for further replies.