• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with HH.

Icyraine, just get simple foam tape from Daiso and tape up some of the windows and openings facing the highway.
If this is the Golf though, i won't be that concerned as the golf course is the buffer and my experience with the golf
course guards are very good. Even after passing that, they still have to climb the fences before they get in. I personally
don't find it so noisy from the highway as i have a unit at The Golf as well. This may change though once more vehicles
go through it but its much much further than many condos and houses where the highway is almost right beside so noise
wise shouldn't be that bad.

If yr wife dun like the project there can also see other project, maybe she see other units and she might change her mind? My wife at first say dun want to move to JB, I bring her one day to view a unit, wow, she change her mind faster than the MRT!!

Now already sign SPA! Waiting to move Liao!!!! Saw a primary school behind my property which is a Chinese school, still thinking to send them to schools in woodlands or just in the place behind my property . Heard kids wake up very early just to attend school. Talked to my good friend who is Malaysian SPR who send his daughter to school in sembawang, wake up 4:30am....???

Heard enrol to JB school must have MM2H or PR or long term pass. Maybe can try apply long term pass? Any bros can help to give some suggestion on whether to send kids to school in sing or JB?

Cheers

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sis Skippy

Hope u be here more often so that i wont kenna "bully" by e guys here ....hahahaha
Ya , do join us for gatherings else i alone also sianz ,,, they all man's talk .....

Hi Sista Ah tiong... Sure be glad to join just that now my daddy still indergoing recuperation and work wise also tight but surely i'll make time out to meet u folks... count me in ya... also me gettign eager cos house seems to be getting ready,.... so looking forward,,,, got alot of stuff in hand and mind wan to do ha ha ... may also ready can meet u folks for more party... yippie:cool:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how long more to wait....
3 weeks have passed..

state approval not yet granted :(:( Goonting and Lim Soh are responding slow nowadays?.. are they on leave? :confused:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good job by JB police again. Well Done!

JOHOR BARU - Four Indonesians and a 50-year-old local woman were arrested in a raid on a house during which police had to open fire to subdue the suspects.

Johor police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said the drama unfolded when police raided a house in Taman Johor Jaya at 1.30am last Wednesday.

"One of the suspects pointed a gun at the police so my men were forced to fire two shots. One hit a suspect's left knee," he said during a press conference here yesterday.

He said police seized two semi-automatic pistols and 17 rounds of ammunition as well as a car.

"We believe that with the arrest of the suspects, aged between 30 and 50, we are able to solve 15 cases involving murder and robbery in the Seri Alam, Nusajaya and Kulaijaya areas," he said.

In another case, DCP Mohd Mokhtar said police detained a 31-year-old man at Hospital Sultan Ismail at 3.20am on Feb 23 for having a gun.

He said the suspect was being investigated under Section 8 of the Firearms (Increased Penalties) Act 1971, which carries a maximum 14-year jail term and at least six strokes of the cane upon conviction.

"We found a pistol and five rounds of ammunition on the suspect, who has records for murder, robbery and drug offences," he said.

This is definitely a Great news for everyone living in Johor. Looks like the top men in Johor's police force are serious about bringing down crimes in Johor and are putting in effort and executing plans. They are also placing pressure right down to those lowest in the police hierarchy. If the head of police is slack and adopts a 'who cares' attitude, I don't think the low ranking policemen in police stations will even bother to apprehend petty criminals, let alone risking their lives having a gun fight with armed murderers. Great effort!!!

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
just wondering how come the suspect who has records for murder, robbery and drug offences is not behind bars.... with these offences, he should be behind bars until he is 60 years old....

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I'm sure yours will be unique and stand out. 150k budget is realistic as your built up is 3200++ sq ft. And your scale of Reno is not exactly small. As you are moving in so much ahead of me and you are my only neighbor (from this forum), I shall look up to u and learn from u :wink:

Haha.. no way.. mine mus be unique and showing my charactre.. now jus keep the fingers cross all renovation can be settled <150k...

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro Icyraine

Please take it easy , woman are like that when her body starts to change due to pregancy , she starts to look things differently ....
Or maybe she wants to get back your attention on her . so please show her more concern.
Perhaps at this period , dun bring her to see HH progress until she ask .
Spend more time with her to buy some nice maternity wears and baby items ....
And dun quarrel with her la ....

Yes, crystal. I agree with you. I was trying to understand her and i think may be you are right, she want me to give her more attention. She is currently 4 months pregnant and she wanted me to buy those baby stuff now, like the baby cot, play pan, stroller and stuff, but i think it's still too early. I certainly do not intend to wait till last 1 month but i think it's too early.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow..I feel for you bro...
sit down and have a heart to heart chat with her....just like the courtign times...
You need to be understanding and so does she...both side need ot give and take...it's not always one hand that is giving....
i believe in time she will understand...as in "Kaizen" take small step at a time...

cheers.:smile:

Well, i think this has something to do with our personality as well. I always think i am a dominant male till we live together. haha. Basically we are both very competitive people, but when it comes to relationship, most of the time she is the one that complain and nagging... and i just keep quiet. But once in a while i cant take it no more and we fight. I always give in to her till sometimes i feel that i need to "knock her head" a little so things will be more balance. But yes, communication is the key.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, crystal. I agree with you. I was trying to understand her and i think may be you are right, she want me to give her more attention. She is currently 4 months pregnant and she wanted me to buy those baby stuff now, like the baby cot, play pan, stroller and stuff, but i think it's still too early. I certainly do not intend to wait till last 1 month but i think it's too early.

Ah , tell her wait till June when sg hv sales , Robinsons will hv store wide 20% plus 20%. Then go jb mydin n buy drypers for newborn. Wait until second trimester then start buy all this. Not too late in case her tummy getting bigger n legs might swell etc. so not so convenient to buy.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding near to coastal highway, you need to spend about RM 5k-RM 10k to beef up security and make your windows soundproof. No need to soundproof the entire house, just your room where you will sleep is enough.

I guarantee your wife will love this house when both of you move in. The flaws are there in every HH houses but fortunately, it can be changed or rectified to make your whole house more appealing.

Horizon, thanks for the advices, the sound proof window/glass is a good idea. Good to get so much info about these special glass window from this thread recently. I bookmark all the links to their website already.

And about the guy who's in jail for robbery, wallau... he is a rare breed. i am speechless.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Icyraine,

When woman are pregnant, their innate protective instinct kick into overdrive. So anything new, unfamiliar or even dangerous is frowned upon immediately. So its understandable she will get paranoid over security issues. I dont know whats your motivation for buying a SGD750K house in johor bro. Even with deep pockets, i will not commit so much money on just one unit. Instead i will buy 3 units and spread it across Nusujaya. 2 of the units can be rented out and help pay for the mortgage. Big houses are definitely shiok to stay in and impressive when relatives visit. But from a practical standpoint, cleaning the place can be a mammoth task unless one engages outsiders to help - more costs and more worries with outsiders in the house. For me, i always like to balance idealism with a sense of pragmatism. Thats why altho many bros here advocate HH, for me i like to stay closer to shops/eateries cos one has to eat everyday and for whatever reasons, one cannot expect to be always driving a car. Again thats me.

Cheers.

Yes bro, i agree with u. We dont need to impress our relatives. I spend most of my hard earned money in investment actually. I bought a new car for my wife last year but i am still driving my 11 years old honda city. This is my 6th property over the past 12 years, all 5 for investment and this HH unit is the first one for own stay. We are actually staying in a 700 sq feet condo right now; because before this we never know if we can have our own baby (wife is "reproductively challenged"). This is like a miracle to me! Since we are expecting a baby now we thought that we should get a better place for the baby, we will need a maid and more space. Wifey told me that we should also live more comfortably now coz i am already coming to my late 30s, hence we bought a unit last december.

The only thing i dont understand is my wife reaction.... anyway, may be it is the pregnancy that make her feel insecure. I will try to be understanding.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Icyraine,

Did you have a good discussion with your wife before you buy the house? Cause buying a house is a big commitment.
When a woman is pregnant, she has to deal with a lot of changes. Therefore any cause for more change will put her is a very protective mode. Please show her more care and try to assure her concern.

Yes, we have a good discussion before buying the house. She did mention a few things about the house that she didnt like but after bringing her to see other housing development, she still prefer HH. What disturbed me is that she keep reminding me again and again about the few things she didnt like about the house in the past months. That give me additional pressure coz it make me feel that i am not a good husband.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah , tell her wait till June when sg hv sales , Robinsons will hv store wide 20% plus 20%. Then go jb mydin n buy drypers for newborn. Wait until second trimester then start buy all this. Not too late in case her tummy getting bigger n legs might swell etc. so not so convenient to buy.

Haha, good idea. She loves shopping. I have to say a woman really understand another woman. Of all the years i know her, the kind of glow on her face when she found a good catch during shopping could never be found else where! Retail therapy!!!

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just say to her, I am so sorry, it was all my fault, i will sell the house as long as you are happy. I still remembered you told me about eating maggi mee with me in our youth, i will live in a shack with you if it so pleases you because nothing matters but you. I wanted somewhere where we can see the horizons and feel the breeze unblocked blowing in on the 2nd floor with our child. I realised my mistake now, lets just sell this and start over with another house. I will go and sell it off tomorrow.

Bro Wuqi.... cannnot laaaa. My bulu also stand up liao... some how when i was younger, i can tell my wife that she is my moon and my star and i want to be her sun; but now i find it really pai seh leh. When i read the old email that i used to send to my wife... waah, i also bei tahan laa.

Btw, really sorry to hear about your wife previous miscarriage. Lost twice... now that i may be a father soon, i can really feel the agony. How did you guys get thru during the hard time? I salute you bro.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear folks,

My granny needs a new set of dentures but it's expensive...
Cost a whopping S$1000 to make it in S'pore- a/c to mum anyway. Any recommendations? TIA.:smile:

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys,
Greetings from KL..in KL for holiday.

Wanna check with you guys...if i'm driving along the north south highway back down south to Singapore, how do i go to bkt indah jusco? Which exit on the highway will lead me there?

I am not sure if this is the best route but normally after crossing the toll near JB, i will take the left exit that head towards skudai , when i get to skudai highway, i take another exit that leads to taman sutera/ sutera mall, and follow it all the way to bukit indah. But maybe other bros and sis could tell u a better way.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, it's all part of the excitements mah ... Can buy a little bit here and there to satisfy her excitement la. If u everything say no, of course that won't go down well with her. She might think that u don't care as much on the baby. In fact, many of my married colleagues told me, when a couple has children, the children will precede before anything else, including husband or wife. Sad, but that's the truth. So why not just join in, share her mood and excitement, and anticipate the birth of the baby! Btw, congrats :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.