• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they think everyone in SG is an idiot thats why everyone else is better than us? Still remember the molest case in SG where a foreigner said to the security guards, the woman he molested and even to the police, "You cannot arrest me, i am foreigner!!" Just like what the bad guy said to Mel Gibson in the movie Lethal Weapon 2 - "Diplomatic Immunity!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwB5SCpQv9U

Some paid the victims off though:
http://singaporenewsalternative.blogspot.com/2012/01/foreigners-who-molest-are-getting-away.html

Anyway, its water under the bridge for most of us now though i do see somethings being done, i just hope that its not too late.

I heard some people said PAP are doing things since the GE, but to me they are only doing minor correction of major errors..

Yes they cut their overpaid salaries but still the highest in the world and PM going to get 3.2 months bonus soon (prorated from May 11 if not will be higher)..

Yes they changed the P1 registration rules but shouldn't preference be given to Singaporeans instead of PRs since day one?

Yes they start building thousands of flats but shouldn't they start build it 5 years ago when they knowingly let in massive number of people?

Meanwhile, since the GE, these things have happened.. COEs went sky high and still going up..property prices still climbing..MRT had massive breakdowns and there are still so many foreigners everywhere that I feel like a minority in my own country!

In other words, they have overdone many things on the wrong side like foreigner population influx but under correct on the right side like cutting a token of their salaries..

Last edited:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
having singaporeans first is a no-brainer thing to do. why only realize it now (and later even got exposed to be half-hearted)!
everywhere else, their politicians may be corrupted, but they don't sell their people out. but what do we see of ours?

my feeling now..痛心...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
having singaporeans first is a no-brainer thing to do. why only realize it now (and later even got exposed to be half-hearted)!
everywhere else, their politicians may be corrupted, but they don't sell their people out. but what do we see of ours?

my feeling now..痛心...

Finally, halfheartedly, they are realising (hopefully) and singing this song (Love song about not loving the partner enough)
http://youtu.be/JyduHWDHqYE

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

my feeling now..痛心...

Actually you deserve more points too, no more to up today. :smile:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro and sis,

This is off topic but I would like yo let you know the greatest treasure trove of knowledge and wisdom that I have come across in my whole life so far(there may be more that I have not yet known, pardon my limited knowledge). Reading deeper into history particularly Chinese history is one of the projects that I had set myself up when I quit my job to spend sometime on personal interests in my life(which includes human history, my own culture and identity, geopolitics, world economy, monetary system, finance and of course investments). Of course I have not set up to try to be expert but just to satisfy to some extent my own yearning for the the 'truth' and have a deeper understanding.

I have came across a series of youtubes on Chinese ancient classics. If you are interested as I am, you could go youtube website http://www.youtube.com/

and search 百家讲坛 易中天. 易中天 is just one of the experts but one whom I admire for history grasp of the classics. Apology the youtubes are in Chinese.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
你不提起就好,一提起我的火就来了。。。。。

Reminded me why we were pushed out here to do/fight whatever we have to do for the future... As the Cantonese say - 自己顾自己, 保重 And "拾生" (strictly to be pronounced in Cantonese):(

my feeling now..痛心...

Last edited:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
你不提起就好,一提起我的火就来了。。。。。

Reminded me why we were pushed out here to do/fight whatever we have to do for the future... As the Cantonese say - 自己顾自己, 保重 And "拾生" (strictly to be pronounced in Cantonese):(

there are many ways to attract foreign talents... not at the expense of locals, who form the base.
the strong sing dollar is already a major pull. the rest is just bonus.

you see in america and australia, they are also actively attracting talents. but do you see them compromising their locals?
for america.. they even call foreigners 'aliens'.
quoting 'In U.S. law, an alien is "any person not a citizen or national of the United States.'
yet, people still flock there.. yes.. i was once contemplating about it.. held back cos of family

you upkeep and retain value.. not cheapen it. something our politicians won't understand after all these years.

but then again.. we are in a way lucky.. there is still malaysia right beside of us.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sorry to hear that. Hope it was not a huge sum ..

Btw, be more persistent to request them to refund the booking fees. There were some examples that the developer gave in and refunded, but it wil take some time to pester them :smile:

Hi Wuqi , thank you very much for ur advise :smile: I had decided to give this unit a miss, my booking fee down the drain le :(

Status
Not open for further replies.