• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyziz

Alfrescian
Loyal
First time posting image, don't know if this is right...

HH_TheGreens.jpg

The new launch at the Green is for 24X75. Those released earlier is for 22X75 hence the price difference. Btw, do anyone here have the layout plan for the new 24X75 release?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I see. So the built up would be slightly bigger too, then? Nevertheless, the tremendous jump in the launch price is still shocking, and we r talking about 700k for a terrace house. New high :smile:

It was, i brought friends right before the two weeks before it jumped. They preferred every other place
rather than HH back then. It was hard to convince them but again to each his own. Bought colleague
from old company as well as friends of a very learned friend. None were keen in EL or HH.

Suddenly one of them changed their minds, went to HH and was told the price had jumped as predicted.
Upset, they bought elsewhere instead, i would probably do the same if i were in their shoes. Who could
blame them? I am not into property, being an IT guy so likely my 2 cents are worth just 1/2 cent to them.

Its always easier to look at things from hindsight, it could have just as easily went down as well. Happy
for them though, at least the property they bought have appreciated as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Well, it is nice to see that security is increasingly beefed up in Johor. This should be way as with that, things would improve and more importantly price.

They need to continue with the critical growth, got stopped at the Perling area by policeman the other day. Asking me where i was going (late at night), i told them just went for prata and going back home. Where is your home? The policeman asks. Oh Horizon hills i said. Immediately got waved off by them and questioning stopped.

I am sure it will be the same if i said some other developments like East Ledang, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Have a habit of patrolling (back in NS always kenna prowler) so whenever cannot sleep or after work, i will drive by the gates of friends and relatives just to help them keep a look out. Its not daily as it depends on my schedule but i try to swing by at least once a couple of days.

It could be a fallen bicycle, plant or electricity out so i can notify them but i just do my part as i know they will do the same for me. Another friend of mine (Australian) is very keen to look at Johore, got so keen he will be going there tomorrow to have a look.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
sound proof as much as I can , since e speaker is facing my room !!!
Nusa sentral near NI meh ?
Dun forget , NI west lake and apartments are going to launch , i am pretty sure its gg to be crowded .
I prefer quiet environment leh.....so noisy i may as well stay in pigeon hole and listen to engines start early morning ....

Yes Nusa Sentral is nearby with the new access road that they carved out and in operation.

Probably yours will still be fine. I have ear muffs for shooting if you need any. Also buy those cheap and good foam tapes for sound proofing and insulation for your windows on top of having double glazed ones. Helps to keep out the sound for me for cars and i used them for doors and windows too in the house.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
As I understand, outside of JB old town, there's a higher % of crimes occuring in the older Chinese-dominated neighbourhoods. These include Tun Aminah, Johor Jaya and Permas Jaya. These older houses are usually not gated & guarded, and being chinese-dominated areas, they tend to be richer, hence attracting would-be criminals. No criminals for instance want to rob my uncle's old house at Plentong, even though his gates are often not locked.

I have often visted Johor Jaya and Permas Jaya over the last few years, thankfully without incidents so far. But need to be more alert than usual lor. Personally, I feel the old JB town areas such as Sentosa, Pelangi, Century, Melodies etc are more crime-prone....

Yes, i am a frequent visitor there in the past, the Jusco there is different in a way. Imagine one time, Wuqi got lost with wife and kids sleeping in the back row. Then got stuck in a jam while going up a bridge. A foghorn blew in the distance and suddenly Wuqi saw he was in a bridge over a sea/river with a tugboat on his left.

Still a bit surreal until now.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Nusa Sentral is nearby with the new access road that they carved out and in operation.

Probably yours will still be fine. I have ear muffs for shooting if you need any. Also buy those cheap and good foam tapes for sound proofing and insulation for your windows on top of having double glazed ones. Helps to keep out the sound for me for cars and i used them for doors and windows too in the house.

oh ya , u mentioned can buy in Daiso , i yet to see how does it look like .....
think best to ask contractor to help me with all this ....

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funds Transfer said:
You will enjoy it more when taking possession of the completed unit! :smile:

When is that going to be?

Early 2014 bro..still long way to go..now jz reading on reno and looking at next purchase :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Don't need contractor as they will charge you more. Just stick it under the areas where the windows or door meets. Cheap and good, looks like double sided black tape actually.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just some figures of the JB projects I recently visited, may be also interesting to those who're currently in the midst of hunting:-

- HH had recently just launched 2 rows of The Greens on Jalan Hijauan 5/7, 24x75 from RM698,800 (facing North)
- Most Bukit Indah's 20x70 link/terrace (ie: Bellezza etc) hovering around mid RM500k
- Nusa Idaman: 7A 22x75 from RM450,888, 8B 22x75 from RM475,888
- Scientex Skudai: Emerald 2 1/2 storey 24x70 RM518,800; Sapphire 35x65 from RM568,800; Opal 32x65 from RM568,800
- Seri Austin: Amanda show house RM301,800 + RM148,000 (ID cost), Emery series 22x70 from RM389,800 - RM543,800
- Molek Haven: 24x80 from RM698,000
- Mont Callista: Park Villa 40x80 (semi-D) from RM701,000
* All figures are for informational and sharing purposes only

Thanks. I have also been to Sutera Utama's Inspirations project (2.5 storey terrace). At RM 728k, it's quite pricey and traffic could be an issue. But the house is really nicely done, and materials used seem gd as well. If I had not purchased elsewhere, it would have been a possible choice. Din know that Keppel-land is one of their shareholder as well.....

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

After some time, you will begin to appreciate the sound. And you will feel peace.. My childhood house is near to Mosque.. I feel good after getting used to it.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other thing that is quite soothing to the soul is to walk into the golf course middle of the night, bring up your ground sheet, lay down and stare at the sky on a starry night..and reflecting on what your life...

Have a habit of patrolling (back in NS always kenna prowler) so whenever cannot sleep or after work, i will drive by the gates of friends and relatives just to help them keep a look out. Its not daily as it depends on my schedule but i try to swing by at least once a couple of days.

It could be a fallen bicycle, plant or electricity out so i can notify them but i just do my part as i know they will do the same for me. Another friend of mine (Australian) is very keen to look at Johore, got so keen he will be going there tomorrow to have a look.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, u can never be sure that our dear crystal will not call her other half "abang" in the future :wink:

She will be more than glad to enjoy her place then :smile:

After some time, you will begin to appreciate the sound. And you will feel peace.. My childhood house is near to Mosque.. I feel good after getting used to it.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we do that? Actually now thinking about it on hindsight, I regretted selling off my telescope 2 yrs back. Could use it now to great effect sky-gazing due to the lesser light pollution here!

The other thing that is quite soothing to the soul is to walk into the golf course middle of the night, bring up your ground sheet, lay down and stare at the sky on a starry night..and reflecting on what your life...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we do that? Actually now thinking about it on hindsight, I regretted selling off my telescope 2 yrs back. Could use it now to great effect sky-gazing due to the lesser light pollution here!

i dun think can just walk into the golf course like that ....usually e lights are off and its looks scary ....
maybe let arsenal try out first and take pic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.