• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prescint 6. Yes, I have asked neighbours to launch a group complaint to UEM. I am so disappointed to hear this in a development like NI.

I agree NI is not that high end development but you still wld expect better security.

Polarbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not of robbery though. I guess this happens when the precint is still empty but the guards would need to be replaced though.

Get grilles for front door and at least all the ground floor windows and CCTV. Also get a competent alarm system and check with your developer to link it to the guard house if possible. AAC does have some alarm systems though pretty expensive. There is a shop right next to the Station One Cafe where you can ask for help with alarm/autogate, etc. Some would advise to get 2 dogs, one at the gate and one at the back.

There is already a good site about the numbers covering everything from police to booking taxi cabs:
http://mymalaysia.wordpress.com/2006/08/14/malaysia-geninfoemergency-numbers/

Thanks Bro Wuqi, This is really helpful. I will try to get an alarm sys.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prescint 6. Yes, I have asked neighbours to launch a group complaint to UEM. I am so disappointed to hear this in a development like NI.

I agree NI is not that high end development but you still wld expect better security.

Ya , with the neighbours , gather yr rights to change new guards , u guys also paying maintenece fees right ?
Tell them if no satisfy answer , this issue will circulate online and no one will dare to buy houses in NI liao ...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello Wuqi

Is there anyway we can know who snipped our reputation pts and left unpleasant remarks ?
I just happened to check my settings today and noticed some did that. I suspect its the same guy !
Although i dun care abt the pts but i just wanna to find out who is this particular guy . And if u have guts , please openly comment instead of doing little things behind!

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend told me the robbers tied up the whole family and his friend is big size and a Malay also, they stay landed also, that's why if u stay landed, get as many dogs as u can, I actually want to buy landed but gave up the idea, if I buy landed I might want to extend the gate fully but it will spoil the design and might look like prison...

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precint 6 is relatively new. less than 1 years..no?

Reminds me of the case in Adda Heights where 3 foreign construction workers broke into one relatively new unit and beat up the husband. Seems like newly completed tamans tend to kana not too long after completion.

These robbers have the tools and know-how to break into a house. They have those huge cutters that can literally chew through locks and grilles. Alarm works only when it is turned on. my friend tells me most of the time, his alarm is off as there are many incidents of false alarms and that can be quite embarrasing. Also alarm works when there are people around. In tamans where there is low occupancy or majority of the units owned by Singaporeans as holiday homes, no use even if install the loudest alarm. Worse..if the guards are in cahoots, they will close both eyes and ears to what is happening.

I suspect some of these robbers may even be the same guys that help build/renovate/service the homes in the taman. so they know their way around and is aware which units are more vulnerable. Call me paraniod, thats why i intend to use induction cooker instead of gas as it eliminates the need for the gas man to come into my house. You never know who his 'pals' are.

Short of arming ourselves with guns like the Americans, there is really a limit to how much precaution we can take, the rest is really 'heng' 'suay'.

Cheers.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precint 6 is relatively new. less than 1 years..no?

Reminds me of the case in Adda Heights where 3 foreign construction workers broke into one relatively new unit and beat up the husband. Seems like newly completed tamans tend to kana not too long after completion.

These robbers have the tools and know-how to break into a house. They have those huge cutters that can literally chew through locks and grilles. Alarm works only when it is turned on. my friend tells me most of the time, his alarm is off as there are many incidents of false alarms and that can be quite embarrasing. Also alarm works when there are people around. In tamans where there is low occupancy or majority of the units owned by Singaporeans as holiday homes, no use even if install the loudest alarm. Worse..if the guards are in cahoots, they will close both eyes and ears to what is happening.

I suspect some of these robbers may even be the same guys that help build/renovate/service the homes in the taman. so they know their way around and is aware which units are more vulnerable. Call me paraniod, thats why i intend to use induction cooker instead of gas as it eliminates the need for the gas man to come into my house. You never know who his 'pals' are.

Short of arming ourselves with guns like the Americans, there is really a limit to how much precaution we can take, the rest is really 'heng' 'suay'.

Cheers.

Next times will do a body check on the gas man before he enter the lift!!

Spawnie

More reasons to save up and move out of SG.

"The median multiple for private properties is 6.03 which means they are ‘severely unaffordable’ but for HDB resale flats, the result is arguably shocking. The median multiple was found to be at a high of around 6.7, which lies within the ‘severely unaffordable’ bracket – and even more unaffordable than private properties." - http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...affordable-than-private-homes?cmp=topc&src=fp

Thanks for the welcome! :biggrin:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone wants to join shooting club??? Heard if join them then we can apply license to buy a rifle or gun and keep at home.... Anyone dare to intrude have to taste the bullets!!!!!

When I was in Phil, if I want M16 just pay money! The got brochures for u to choose also!! Just pay money and u can have license to own also!

Think have to get one in MY if permitted, not to do bad things but for safety of family and self defence. If the bad guys have gun and we dun have then we have to give in to them! But if the bad guys got guns and we also have , we still can fight back!!

Any bros know how to get license for gun?? Shooting club or whatsoever. ..

Last time saw an acticle, robbers went into a house, owner still awake, heard some noise, went to get rifle... Saw the burglars, shoot one of them on the leg, the rest run away... I think they will never want to disturb them anymore!

If the owner no gun or rifle then how??? They can do anything they want .... we have to think of all possibilities and have all precautions as we can get.... Wait till police arrive maybe too late already!!! We are trained in the army and we should know better how to fight a war.... Once they intrude yr property, they asking for trouble, when they ask for trouble, they start a war and we have to protect and serve our family.... Or neighbours .... This is to make them know we r not to be disturbed.... Just like the Gurkhas... Recently at Aljunied petrol kiosk, an Indian guy molest a Nepal girl, those Gurkhas held him down, if u live in a precint, u have to have a mind set as the Gurkhas , they r like one big family living together, they will help one another, I used to study in Mount Vernon Sec and have some Nepal friends and they really looking after one another....

So to those staying in NI, keep an eye on each other that is what I can say!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone wants to join shooting club??? Heard if join them then we can apply license to buy a rifle or gun and keep at home.... Anyone dare to intrude have to taste the bullets!!!!!

When I was in Phil, if I want M16 just pay money! The got brochures for u to choose also!! Just pay money and u can have license to own also!

Think have to get one in MY if permitted, not to do bad things but for safety of family and self defence. If the bad guys have gun and we dun have then we have to give in to them! But if the bad guys got guns and we also have , we still can fight back!!

Any bros know how to get license for gun?? Shooting club or whatsoever. ..

Last time saw an acticle, robbers went into a house, owner still awake, heard some noise, went to get rifle... Saw the burglars, shoot one of them on the leg, the rest run away... I think they will never want to disturb them anymore!

If the owner no gun or rifle then how??? They can do anything they want .... we have to think of all possibilities and have all precautions as we can get.... Wait till police arrive maybe too late already!!! We are trained in the army and we should know better how to fight a war.... Once they intrude yr property, they asking for trouble, when they ask for trouble, they start a war and we have to protect and serve our family.... Or neighbours .... This is to make them know we r not to be disturbed.... Just like the Gurkhas... Recently at Aljunied petrol kiosk, an Indian guy molest a Nepal girl, those Gurkhas held him down, if u live in a precint, u have to have a mind set as the Gurkhas , they r like one big family living together, they will help one another, I used to study in Mount Vernon Sec and have some Nepal friends and they really looking after one another....

So to those staying in NI, keep an eye on each other that is what I can say!

bro,..guns no la.

licensing tasers and having training programs for it will be a good start. the problem is what happens if those buggers have tasers also??!!.....see who zapp who first??...haha.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides 'arming' yourself against robbers, there is a need to handle contractors who might dump their rubbish at your front porch. At another website, I also read of neighbours who dump their rubbish into your bin and neighbours' dogs which peeed and pooed at the grass patch near your house...

Looks like a CCTV camera in front of the house is a must - :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
sis crystal may be worried after reading this.

ya lor , sianz ....
maybe have to rent out instead of staying there ....
so sad ....
But i will still try to stay first , if unfortunately really happen , i will make sure the guards lose their rice bowls!
Maybe have to go and adopt 2 dogs to guard my house....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides 'arming' yourself against robbers, there is a need to handle contractors who might dump their rubbish at your front porch. At another website, I also read of neighbours who dump their rubbish into your bin and neighbours' dogs which peeed and pooed at the grass patch near your house...

Looks like a CCTV camera in front of the house is a must - :smile:

Do u mean happened in NI ?

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
just thought of sharing this..sg is no longer safe.. in fact, this due diligence should be practised EVERYWHERE :eek:

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33455&start=60

"
Hi all,
Pls allow me to make some inputs, the victim's mother is a personal fren of mine.

1. The couple cannot be confirmed to be Chinese nationals. She spoke in mandarin but my fren couldn't really detect any 'accent',the woman also did not turn her face around;

2. She merely left her boy for a max of 10secs to throw trash, no mothers would do that if the country is that unsafe. she never thought that S'pore can become so dangerous...

3. When she turned ard and cldn't find her boy, she was terrified but managed to spot him being led away by the woman becoz he was wearing a red tee shirt;

4. She was relieved to find him though and shouted at the woman as to why she took her son away. the woman merely replied 'wrong child';

5. The feeling of lost and found was so intensed that she did not initially think that it could be an attempt to abduct her boy thus not reporting the incident on the same day. She only did so on the following day, to the police first and then to the mall;

6. The boy is only 39mos, can't relate the incident properly.

7. It is only later in the night when she questioned her boy again did the boy blurted out 'jie jie say will bring me home'.

Let us all be vigilant, my daughter is of the same age as this boy. I was scared out of wits, i never thought SG can be this dangerous. I told my husband to be very alert too... I don't let my elder son go up to our house on his own anymore. =( What has SG become...
"

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
same here written to leongsam he told who the coward is. i feel like outing this nick to the whole board but then i decided to let him/her be karma will bite him/her in the ass.

hello Wuqi

Is there anyway we can know who snipped our reputation pts and left unpleasant remarks ?
I just happened to check my settings today and noticed some did that. I suspect its the same guy !
Although i dun care abt the pts but i just wanna to find out who is this particular guy . And if u have guts , please openly comment instead of doing little things behind!

Status
Not open for further replies.