• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NUSAJAYA: Residents at housing estates are urged to forge closer ties with their neighbours and the authorities to prevent crime in their areas

Johor police management department chief Assistant Commissioner Abdul Aziz Ahmad said the force found that many residents were scared of meeting with the police to talk about criminal cases, even when a large number of such cases had occurred.

"I urge the community to frequently contact and hold discussions with the police, besides forging closer ties among themselves to ensure the security of their neighbourhood," said Aziz.

"Do not be afraid of approaching the police. We do not want things to turn for the worse before they lodge a report," said Aziz while attending a dialogue with residents of Taman Bukit Indah 2 recently.

Also present were Johor Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission director Simi Abdul Ghani and Deputy Criminal Investigations Department chief Assistant Commissioner Mohd Akhir Ishak.

Aziz reminded the residents not to rely solely on security guards at their residential areas, but instead set up Community Policing (CP) groups to conduct crime prevention rounds.

"I also urge the housing estates to set up Rukun Tetangga and Volunteer Patrol Schemes to facilitate the relationship between themselves and the police," said Aziz.

Meanwhile, Simi said the MACC needed information from the public to stamp out corruption cases.

He said the commission acts as a safeguard against corruption, which if left unchecked, could lead to the downfall of a country.

"Our role as law enforcers is important and we need people to continuously supply us with information on corruption," said Simi.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's good thoughts. I think only tamans with strong local presence can achieve this tho ... Whats the chance for Those tamans with heavy foreign investors?

Bro investor, good to see u back in this main forum ... Has been a while :smile:

NUSAJAYA: Residents at housing estates are urged to forge closer ties with their neighbours and the authorities to prevent crime in their areas

Johor police management department chief Assistant Commissioner Abdul Aziz Ahmad said the force found that many residents were scared of meeting with the police to talk about criminal cases, even when a large number of such cases had occurred.

"I urge the community to frequently contact and hold discussions with the police, besides forging closer ties among themselves to ensure the security of their neighbourhood," said Aziz.

"Do not be afraid of approaching the police. We do not want things to turn for the worse before they lodge a report," said Aziz while attending a dialogue with residents of Taman Bukit Indah 2 recently.

Also present were Johor Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission director Simi Abdul Ghani and Deputy Criminal Investigations Department chief Assistant Commissioner Mohd Akhir Ishak.

Aziz reminded the residents not to rely solely on security guards at their residential areas, but instead set up Community Policing (CP) groups to conduct crime prevention rounds.

"I also urge the housing estates to set up Rukun Tetangga and Volunteer Patrol Schemes to facilitate the relationship between themselves and the police," said Aziz.

Meanwhile, Simi said the MACC needed information from the public to stamp out corruption cases.

He said the commission acts as a safeguard against corruption, which if left unchecked, could lead to the downfall of a country.

"Our role as law enforcers is important and we need people to continuously supply us with information on corruption," said Simi.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any bros installed Kubiq kitchen systems? Managed to get some info today at Tesco Bukit Indah. I must say quite impressed with their materials and price. I did a rough calculation and full systems can be had for under RM5K..shave RM10K off my earlier budget!..wow!..Same concept as IKEA's kitchen but quality wise, i think its better. No need to build kitchen base. The doors seemed more solid and the cabinet legs are made of some kind of strong quality plastic material rather than metal (which can rust easily). Most likely using this cheap and good system for my kitchen.

Cheers.

Looks good and i got sumore infor from the website also at http://www.kubiq.com.my/

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's good thoughts. I think only tamans with strong local presence can achieve this tho ... Whats the chance for Those tamans with heavy foreign investors?

Bro investor, good to see u back in this main forum ... Has been a while :smile:

Thank you for your warm welcome :smile:
Congrats on your purchase (All along, I've been stalking you peeps, haha!)

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Members of the public can learn of the latest development projects in the Iskandar Malaysia areas with its new information centre (IMIC), which was launched by Johor Ruler Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar last week.

Also present during the ceremony was Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak and Johor Mentri Besar Datuk Abdul Ghani Othman.

Businessman Abdul Malek Abdullah,54, said IMIC provides useful information on the plans for Iskandar Malaysia.

“The IMIC is very useful for businessmen such as myself as we want to know the latest projects or ongoing developments in Iskandar Malaysia,” he said.

Student Jenny Hau, 19, said she had fun learning about the development in Iskandar Malaysia at the centre.

“The IMIC is equipped with interactive touch-screen panels where it gives an image of projects in Iskandar Malaysia and what it would look like once completed.

“I am looking forward to see how Iskandar Malaysia will look like in the next few years,” she said.

Trader G. Vasu, 35, said IMIC provided views on upcoming projects in Iskandar Malaysia.

By visiting the centre, he was now aware of the development of Iskandar Malaysia.

“The IMIC helped me understand of the kind of development and changes in Iskandar Malaysia which will benefit all of us once it is completed,” he said.

The IMIC, which cost about RM5mil, is divided into Invest, Work, Live and Play sections and is also equipped with UniFi.

The centre, built on an area of 19,057 sq feet, is projected to receive 200,000 visitors per annum and is located in Danga Bay.

IMIC is open on Tuesdays to Sundays between 10am and 7pm and is closed every Monday and during public holidays.

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
DoA, care to share more details on this Matta fair? Thanks.

Hi avelc,

Happened to be at the Matta Fair today too. Entrance fee is RM3 per person. Was eyeing M'sia tours mainly cos this year travel budget much lower. Can book tours to Desaru, Melaka, Kuantan, islands off Mersing, KL hotels, they also have some time share scheme there but not interested.

Legoland was also promoting their annual passes there. RM195 (usual RM275) for adult, RM150 for children aged 3-11. Legoland expect to open in Oct this year and the pass can allow unlimited entry until end of 2013. According to them a day pass will cost RM140, so the annual pass will be worth it if you intend to go in at least twice in those 15 months. This pass is transferable until your first entry when they will give you a card tagged to your name and face.

There will also be a property and home fair at KSL City Mall from 16 - 18 March for those who are still looking. KSL are showcasing some of their devt now - D'Esplanade, Bestari Heights, Kempas Heights.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
from the old thread 2 yrs ago http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?35746-Living-in-JB/page79 it was mentioned tmn laguna is quite remote and near orang asli settlement.

would there any cause for concern?

Hi Greddy, yes it was. But 5 things have changed:

1. Relocation and resettlement of orang asli
2. Building of new highway, better access
3. Danga aquired land around Laguna and serious
redevelopment is on the way, lots to change
4. Danga setting up amenities, parks etc in that area
5. Million dollar bungalows will be aplenty in that area surronding Laguna.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Your list of Singaporeans didn't mention your kids. Are or will your kids be Singaporeans?

Lets leave it at that, if one thinks so, no one can convince them otherwise thats why i have dropped the topic.

Many will praise till the cows come home but few will convert when it comes to the crunch. No matter how much
they claim they hate their country, so few will do it as there is just no impetus or reason to. To put it in the words
of quite a few, "Why would we want to do that, we will lose so much more being Singaporean"

I still keep quiet whenever my staff or the many local friends here constantly complain about their country, i won't go and
tell them i am sick and tired of hearing about it, or preach that they should be grateful to their country because in the end,
its their own country.

As a foreigner though i have stayed here with properties, businesses here, this is still their own "family" matter.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi everyone,

I do not live in JB but I thought I should just come out and say hi.
The reason is because i enjoyed your threads- u have created quite value-adding forums here.

I do own a ppty in nusajaya but it is for investment. The name of the place is somerset puteri harbour, a service apt by ascott for those who are't aware.

Oh yes... just to say, "Hi there folks, nice to meet you. I'm streams, singaporean."

cheers!

Welcome, its a nice place indeed. You sound like a friend of my friend actually as he recently bought one there.
I am Wuqi, this threads's doorman. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
R u referring to concern of safety?

In the past, serious concern as my uncle had bad experience there about 11 years ago, someone knocked his car and claimed money.
Laguna area has undergone such a serious transformation that a major change from "Sell" to "Buy" was recommended.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I read somewhere a bro mentioned CW3 will relocate to Bukit Indah 2 soon, closer to HH.
This will help ease the horrendous parking issue.
Everyday if you arrive after 6:00am, almost all the parking lots near CW3 are taken up already.

Yes, heard it was coming but didn't know they are really doing it. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The Lynas one bro Wuqi mentioned it is not in JB but Pahang. The one ShawnLow highlighted is poison factory in JB but he didn't reply.

The only one i could find about "poisoning" is the one from another forum but this is very old news though it seems and apparently Punggol and Sengkang was affected:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/archive/index.php?t-10382.html

I read with much bore the article in the Straits Times on Friday, 3rd December 2010, titled "Chemical Smell Did Not Originate In Singapore". I can't believe NEA is still hiding this matter and hundreds of Singaporeans living in Punggol and Sengkang are stupid enough not to know where the smell came from. NEA is obviously trying to hide something from the people as the truth will mean more people vacating punggol and sengkang due to the poison air. The following is a 2007 article I have found in the Straits Times:

Ensuring clean air should be part of Punggol plans

Weekend • October 6, 2007

Letter from James Chi Han-Hsuan
Letter from Winnie See

There has been much hype about the Government's recently-announced plans to make Punggol 21 a more vibrant estate.

However, I feel there is a more important matter that should be addressed — pollution from Pasir Gudang in Malaysia.

I used to live in Punggol and have experienced air pollution from Malaysia. A stretch of petrochemical plants lies just across the waterway from Punggol beach. These plants operate around the clock.

Toxic fumes from these plants, often seen in the form of enormous black clouds, constantly drift to our shores. The smell can become almost unbearable at night.

My wife and I used to have to cover our noses all the way from the basement carpark to our apartment due to the pungent smell of chemicals. Once inside our apartment, we had to shut our doors and windows as the fumes would drift into our home.

My wife and I often suffered from severe headaches and seldom enjoyed any fresh air despite living so close to the beach.

The National Environment Agency claimed that the pollution was within an acceptable level. However, I believe the fumes pose a health risk, as seen by the headaches my wife and I suffered. I hope the authorities can investigate this matter.

In addition to developing Punggol, the Government should also address the pollution issue. Now that I have moved to Bukit Batok, I am glad I do not have to tolerate the polluted air in Punggol anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

devilplateDecember 4th, 2010, 12:51 AM
but this time places like AMK aso got smell...hmm

SINGAPORE : MediaCorp received more than 5 calls on its hotline of a bad smell hanging over several parts of the island on Monday.

Calls were received from residents in Hougang, Sengkang, Yio Chu Kang, Ang Mo Kio and and Paya Lebar.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1096221/1/.html

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Doa

U seems like every week go jb even no car. Like jb so much ah
Someone asked me this qn , I replied Of coz I love jb la else why I buy a house there.

Actually there is one Indian gent in HH who really power. He told my dad, 2 years ago he saw on some forums mentioning about Johore.
He then went forth immediately, booked a cab, came and bought a home. He has been living here ever since.

He has no cars, no maids and his family at first thought he was crazy. 2 years on, he has run out of room as his relatives all came! He still gets around using taxis,
CW3 and a few times he even walked from Jusco.

When my dad related this to me, i really have respect for this guy who is a retiree.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Was at the clubhouse today, their menu has been updated. The special cinnamon roll set and pizza has ended but they have others. My fav there is always the tea tarik(large mug of it) with the fried rice(with satay)

Saw my learned friend today who went with his sister and brother in law. About 2 years ago, they came with my friend. My friend then subsequently bought 2 but they didn't. They went to Laguna today and fell in love with the place but alas, no more. (Back then i had brought my friends to Laguna as well but without knowing the changes to the place, they bought at another development instead.)

In the end, they are back today, not sure whether they bought as i left a while later. I told them before, no one is going to laugh at you if you do a u turn now.
A mistake realised, a change made is better than going on until you find the road is a dead end. Thats why i am always the first to admit if i am lost and then bring out my GPSs, maps etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi stay in hh leh , his contractor might quote us tat tier price leh. I can't afford ....

Please don't say that, my contractors are the ones mainly doing Nusa Duta who my aunt recommended to me.
Thats why when you pay it forward, you never know when the person you are helping today may turn out to
be helping you too.

In my aunt's case, i am actually repaying her for all the kindness she gave to the family when she was young.

Sacrificing her youth and her happiness for the family so that she can help out. Her husband is also great too,
waiting for her all these years and always showing my late granpa and my grandma alot of respect including
taking her out every weekend, sending her for religious activities, etc. She also gave me tuition when none would.

Yet another aunt has given all her pay to the family and helped out my family before many times in the past even
if she herself was in difficulties.

These 2 aunts, my dad used to always tell me to keep in touch long after he is gone. I will make sure to let my
kids know what they have done for us.

To quote a movie "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
Quod in vita facimus in aeternum.

When a person is gone, his titles and his academic or career prowess is almost always forgetten and
seldom if ever inscribed on the grave marker. His good/bad name remains.

What do you want on your tombstone?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ya ya ya , so u all go threesome dinner first.

Threesome dinner, sounds weirdly fascinating LOL. Seriously though you guys should get together but again, don't use the forum nicks although in Crystal's case would be hard because most of us here are guys.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow bro. Man of your word. U have really visited the place. Cool!

Oh ... U find that the stairs is big? Hmmm .... Good also la, next time can hold the hand of my kids on each of the side and walk up the stairs together :smile: ... And when I'm old enough, can install those automatic mobility chair (sorry, dont know its scientific name) to take me upstairs, instead of walking using my poor knees :smile:

I never thought of maintaining the glass on the higher area leh ... What maintenance issue do u foresee? All their glasses are laminated with cooling film. Maybe there is some chemical solution that I can apply on the glasses so there is no water stain marks? U know, like those solution where one can apply on the car windscreen whereby when rainwater hits the windscreen, it becomes beads and disperse to the side?

I don't think I will purposely to go maintain it also leh, if it's so high up ... Will algae grow on glass ar? Wouldn't think so right?

So, where would u suggest to install those poles? It's an essential for u leh :p

Yes, its mainly the cleaning but you can get professional cleaning firms to do it once every 2-3 years. Algae probably not since you have airconditioning. The only thing is with the huge halls, etc, need to get at least 2.5 HP unit for aircon. Its really bright and airy. I am so glad
you made the choice and went ahead.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuqi,

Do you have any contacts for glass contractors or shops for tempered glass shower partitions/doors and frosted glass partitions/clear mirrors?
Thanks.

Hi edragon, i saw folks already gave you ample contacts, do let me know if you need other contacts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.