• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Singaporeans choose to move to Johor

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Netizens are discussing a phenomenon where more Singaporeans are choosing to move to Malaysia.

In fact, the number of Singaporeans who have moved to stay in Johor is believed to have doubled in the last five years.

One netizen recently discussed this phenomenon by citing the example of a Singaporean friend who has moved to Johor.

He described that his friend commutes to work in Singapore everyday and adds that many more are doing the same due to the high cost of living here.

Malaysian newspapers also recently carried reports that more and more Singaporeans are choosing to buy private properties and high-end apartments in Johor.

The reports speculate that this could be because salaries in Singapore can no longer catch up to soaring property prices here.

Many industry insiders also foresee that in the future, more Singaporeans will choose to buy properties in Johor.

This is especially so when the rail link from Singapore's Thomson Line MRT to the Johor train system is completed in 2018.

On the phenomenon, the director of a real estate company expressed that moving to Johor is impractical, as those who continue to work here will have to commute a long way to work everyday.

However, such an option does seem attractive as industry insiders note that landed property in Johor are priced from S$250,000, eight times lower than such properties in Singapore, which cost upwards of S$2 million.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder how they tolerate the congestion at the Sinkie custom on returning.

Any one contemplating a move will weigh all the options, plan well and make a decision. All pros and cons are thought through before taking that step, including what they see in the foreseeable future.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
dun you guys find it funny. Your PAP govt runs a country until sinkies have to move over and stay in another country... That is so hilarious!!!!!

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many of my friends are planning to move out after retirement too.

I think it would be great! Instead of meeting old friends in coffeeshops, I will travel around Asia to meet old friends.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun you guys find it funny. Your PAP govt runs a country until sinkies have to move over and stay in another country... That is so hilarious!!!!!
Sinkies that can move to another country are already considered lucky , compared to those that have to move to another world downstairs .