• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
Planning to buy a resale unit in JB. Can any expert here tell me what are the procedure like? Agent says..
1) 1% downpayment
2) Give him the paper work for bank loan
3) Bank contact me
4) Sign the S&P
5) Pay legal fees
6) Pay taxes
7) Pay stamp duty
8) Pay agent fees

Then collect keys?

Is this correct? Is there anything I can ask for like discount or free legal fees etc? Newbie here, would really appreciate anyone feedback. Thank you!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Planning to buy a resale unit in JB. Can any expert here tell me what are the procedure like? Agent says..
1) 1% downpayment
2) Give him the paper work for bank loan
3) Bank contact me
4) Sign the S&P
5) Pay legal fees
6) Pay taxes
7) Pay stamp duty
8) Pay agent fees

Then collect keys?

Is this correct? Is there anything I can ask for like discount or free legal fees etc? Newbie here, would really appreciate anyone feedback. Thank you!

Some agents will demand immediate payment upon signing of S&P, also have to wait for the state consent if you are a foreigner. You can always ask for discount for legal fees from the lawyers. What type of property are you buying, best to deal direct whenever, be it owner or developer.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry to ask, what's this place, The Library @ Austin Mount?

Its a pub, quite popular. Evenings are pretty wild there.

Recently a very learned bro shared with me, some prof (not our prof here) at a new university said there was no cinemas here (now new TGV at Bukit Indah Jusco/Cinema at Tebrau City or the old one at Perling Mall) and no malls (Jusco, Giant, Tesco, Carrefour) worse, said that there was no night life at all (lots of pubs/KTV/wild joints at Nusa Bestari, behind the Ah Koon fishball place) Even near Alliance bank, there are already a few new ones springing up in the area. One can dance until the wee hours of the morning. Except for K Monster, i don't frequent these places but if one drives around enough, one can see that this place has a lot of stuff, just that not in the format like SG sometimes.

For KTV, there is already a K Monster (whose mascot looks very much like my son, the little monster that he is, hehehe) Not sure if the interview was done 5 years ago or was he so isolated that he didn't know many of these are at most 10 mins drive away (tops) Either way, he should get out more.

Last edited:

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some agents will demand immediate payment upon signing of S&P, also have to wait for the state consent if you are a foreigner. You can always ask for discount for legal fees from the lawyers. What type of property are you buying, best to deal direct whenever, be it owner or developer.

Oic. Thanks wuqi256!

We are looking at Nusa Duta. You have any friends there who want to sell? Hee...or have any reliable agents I can approach?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oic. Thanks wuqi256!

We are looking at Nusa Duta. You have any friends there who want to sell? Hee...or have any reliable agents I can approach?

Yes i have a couple of friends, one is my very good colleague (now really good friend), another one is an ex boss, now very close as well. Wife even got jealous especially of the ex boss. She said macham we wore same trousers like that. They are considering to sell their cluster once they get their keys, i think this month. I can pass the contacts directly to you, thats the best. I have no vested interest, probably will get a free meal from them at Moonlight cafe so rest assured no comms needed from me. Another 3 neighbours has multiple units Nusa Duta as well but i think most of them not selling. (i psycho all them to buy back then)

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
According to the wiki link sis Crystal provided, last letter is the checksum based on the first letter and all the digits before the checksum.

Agree, the checkdigit for the checksum is to confirm this NRIC is correct.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sis, my favourite place at Bukit Indah which really stretches the RM is Mr DIY. Reasonable quality stuff at good local prices. I am so elated they doubled their stall size recently!..

Yes, they have lots of interesting stuff, even for cars and flash cards for kids too, always went there ever since they first opened. They took over 2 shops which were doing clothing, wallets etc.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks a lot for the sharing bro FT. Took the liberty to add the URLs.

Good job adding the urls, people really shouldn't copy paragraphs of text from others websites completely (unless they have permission). Sampling a bit of the text and providing a link to the people that wrote the original words is better web etiquette. It lets us benefit from the ideas and go look on the other site to see what else they offer (subscribe to their rss feed, etc.). I subscribed to: http://christopherbalding.com/ it looks interesting.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am considering changing wooden toilet doors and would appreciate for any contact info on door suppliers

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
Just came back fr JPO. The durian stall at JPO in front of the foodcourt is open even on a weekday. But honestly that stall really look out of place in JPO to the extent i feel cheapens the place. Imagine coming out of Zegna, Polo or Burberry store and greeted by the durian aroma (luckily i like durian).

Bro HH, true the rate today is 2.46rm even tho display rate is 2.42rm.

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you wuqi256.

My wife and I are looking at NUSA DUTA. Do you have any friends who want to sell their properties or any reliable agents you know can intro me? Thanks! =)

DreamChaser

I had lunch with my Singaporean friends today and we happened to talk about the Legoland in Malaysia. Following is some comments from my Singaporean friends:

Friend A: Sure or not, can open on time?
Friend B: Are those rides in the themepark safe to play?
Friend C: Got people want to buy tickets and go meh?

I was the only Malaysian, and i was speechless....

I really hope Legoland open smoothly in September and let the flag of Malaysia fly high with pride. I am not against Singaporean, but it is very common that Singaporean looks down on Malaysia and always feels that they are much more superior than Malaysian. Their attitude and words will only make Malaysian more annoyed about Singaporean.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
horizonhills said:
I heard overtime is very popular...in sutera utama though i have never been there

Recently a very learned bro shared with me, some prof (not our prof here) at a new university said there was no cinemas here (now new TGV at Bukit Indah Jusco/Cinema at Tebrau City or the old one at Perling Mall) and no malls (Jusco, Giant, Tesco, Carrefour) worse, said that there was no night life at all (lots of pubs/KTV/wild joints at Nusa Bestari, behind the Ah Koon fishball place) Even near Alliance bank, there are already a few new ones springing up in the area. One can dance until the wee hours of the morning. Except for K Monster, i don't frequent these places but if one drives around enough, one can see that this place has a lot of stuff, just that not in the format like SG sometimes.

For KTV, there is already a K Monster (whose mascot looks very much like my son, the little monster that he is, hehehe) Not sure if the interview was done 5 years ago or was he so isolated that he didn't know many of these are at most 10 mins drive away (tops) Either way, he should get out more.
[/QUOTE]

Overtime is pretty happening... Been there a few times. They are a micro brewery, make their own beer but pricey though... Same price as brewerks in Singapore. They have live bands though...

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup another vote to Uncle Jang, a 'must try' korean restaurant there. I have tried their food and like it very much. There is another korean restaurant at the exactly same row (corner shop on the other end), looks less crowd thus have not tried it yet.

Also, there's another veitnam restaurant (same row with the 'lao di fang' clay pot chicken rice), didn't like their food (even thou looks very authentic), but I must say their Vietnamese kopi is superb!

Went to hand in a cheque at setia bukit indah today and visited this uncle Jang, thank for the source from sister Crystal. The novelty factor is good, food like kimchi is very authentic, the dak-galbi ( a mixture of chicken, Rice cake and cabbage etc. with some sauce fried together not BBQ ) is normal for me. Tried the pork bulgogi find it a bit too sweet for me. Wrapping the pork in lettuce and garlic seem to me like a Vietnam cuisine dish, if I remember correctly. 2 person spent rm84.
Overall I think it's food is normal, experience is nice. I will want to try its ginseng chicken if I am in the vicinity again.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to hand in a cheque at setia bukit indah today and visited this uncle Jang, thank for the source from sister Crystal. The novelty factor is good, food like kimchi is very authentic, the dak-galbi ( a mixture of chicken, Rice cake and cabbage etc. with some sauce fried together not BBQ ) is normal for me. Tried the pork bulgogi find it a bit too sweet for me. Wrapping the pork in lettuce and garlic seem to me like a Vietnam cuisine dish, if I remember correctly. 2 person spent rm84.
Overall I think it's food is normal, experience is nice. I will want to try its ginseng chicken if I am in the vicinity again.

Wrapping the pork in lettuce and garlic is definitely a Korean style of eating. We tried that in Korea a number of times - our favourite.
Vietnamese eats popiah wrapped with vegetables, meat and rice and dipped in a 'heavenly' sauce which I have yet to find out what it was.

The ginseng chicken is ok ..but once you have tried the real stuff in Korean ... there is this tendency to compare.

Overall , Uncle Jang is a authetic place to eat Korean food ... reasonable price ...wonderful service and I enjoyed watching the Koreans tucking in their food there and listening to them chatter in Korean :smile: You can't get this from fake Korean buffet in Singapore.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, not all Singaporeans are like that.. these people that you talked too are just ignorant...(Maybe many folks are really brained wash by the MSM for too long)

I had lunch with my Singaporean friends today and we happened to talk about the Legoland in Malaysia. Following is some comments from my Singaporean friends:

Friend A: Sure or not, can open on time?
Friend B: Are those rides in the themepark safe to play?
Friend C: Got people want to buy tickets and go meh?

I was the only Malaysian, and i was speechless....

I really hope Legoland open smoothly in September and let the flag of Malaysia fly high with pride. I am not against Singaporean, but it is very common that Singaporean looks down on Malaysia and always feels that they are much more superior than Malaysian. Their attitude and words will only make Malaysian more annoyed about Singaporean.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i drove past Legoland last Sunday , seriously i also doubt it can officially open in Sept ! shouldnt now be testing all the rides ? they seems like still in construction mode !

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good job adding the urls, people really shouldn't copy paragraphs of text from others websites completely (unless they have permission). Sampling a bit of the text and providing a link to the people that wrote the original words is better web etiquette. It lets us benefit from the ideas and go look on the other site to see what else they offer (subscribe to their rss feed, etc.). I subscribed to: http://christopherbalding.com/ it looks interesting.

Bro Curiouscat

The blog's source was cited but thanks to Bro Wuqi for filling in the url. Professor Balding's blog was suspended this morning. Cannot read more even we want to! Sad state of affairs.

Peace to all! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.