• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here !

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

Is it after 2 hours lifeguard will blow whistle?
Hehehe. No, cos' when go out need to show the ticket which has a time stamp of entry time. Remember those staff and life guards all wearing yellow t-shirt. All vert tanned and rusty face type.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Birkhall, Queenstown, Hua Yi, Margaret Drive Primary Schools alumni fall in here

Hehehe. No, cos' when go out need to show the ticket which has a time stamp of entry time. Remember those staff and life guards all wearing yellow t-shirt. All vert tanned and rusty face type.

Funny, I remember the blow whistle thingy.
Yes lifeguards all look garang back then and I wanted to be like them. Heard the pay was $25 daily, a princely sum then and saw the lifeguards most of them got cars. Thought it must be the good life.

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal

Me from Queenstown Primary :smile:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weird School Name

Hi,

Anyone in this forum from the following primary schools ?

Birkhall Primary School,
Queenstown Primary School,
Hua Yi Primary School
Margaret Drive Primary School,
Kay Siang Primary School

354553706_ff5400185b_z.jpg

Birkhall ? Got this school meh ? In Queenstown area ?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queenstown Cinema Complex

My best coLLection of that area is the Queenstown cinema compLex which houses the bowLing centre;

RA@MQ16.jpg

3281427970_c8a44bc8f8.jpg

queenstown-cinema41.jpg

DSC00908.JPG

Very old. That was ... started in the 50s ? 60s to 70s ? Was it even active in the 80s ? I think by the 90s this place had already slowed down quite a lot - an old estate with many old folks by then.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: Queenstown Cinema Complex

Thanks for the photos Conqueror. I feel sad. Spent lots of time around the cinema area including NTUC, and community centre. Really sad to see the cinema like this. Anyway its in the late 70s la

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: I Was A ...

Okay, it sandwiched Queenstown Pri together with another strange school Strathmore Pri.

I was from one of these Queenstown and Commonwealth schools. Sounds British.

Me Margaret Drive Pri Sch

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very old. That was ... started in the 50s ? 60s to 70s ? Was it even active in the 80s ? I think by the 90s this place had already slowed down quite a lot - an old estate with many old folks by then.
no lah this actually was the new kid on the block then...
When it was built there were already 2 cinemas nearby...Venus and Golden City.
It was hip place as it had a bowling alley....it was a 2 cinema cineplex way before the word cineplex was coined.
I think my first movie there was Rocky....the first one.
Later years came the KTV.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hehehe. Thanks for posting this pics. Yes, very old. Think the place has been like that since the mid or late 90s. BTW, when was these pics taken? Is the place still around? NTUC is just behind and NLB is right behind NTUC.

Surprisingly, this cinema did not become a church. The other nearby 2 cinemas ended up as churches.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

no lah this actually was the new kid on the block then...
When it was built there were already 2 cinemas nearby...Venus and Golden City.
It was hip place as it had a bowling alley....it was a 2 cinema cineplex way before the word cineplex was coined.
I think my first movie there was Rocky....the first one.
Later years came the KTV.
The KTV did not last long too. That time, all the GROs are Malaysia girls. PRC still haven't invaded yet.