• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nusa Idaman

Another very sian incident is that my bro told my dad about our idea of getting a unit in JB. Straight away he slam our idea and told us the house will not increase in value with so much land I'm Malaysia and tell us straight in the face without us explaning our intended idea, which is to stay there on weekend and not for flipping quick return.

The Baby Boomers generation are very skeptical about JB properties becos of bad experience during Mahathir's period. Their Malaysian shares kenna eaten and properties not delivered.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi vincentck,

thanks for your sharing.
I went to Nusa Idaman today and I did not feel the X-Factor as I felt in Horizon Hill.
There was just a wow factor in HH. It could be the golf course that makes me us feel so. The advantage of NI is the price about 20% cheaper.
Today my wife said: She still prefers to retire in Singapore hahaha
Because everything is so near. Over there we may have nice luxury greenery,low density housing. But after awhile she'll feel bored and would also like to walk out to buy some groceries.
And she feels it is inconvenient to do that in Malaysia.

We had a bad experience today in JUSCO.
There was an Ahbeng Malaysian which took over our parking slot while I tried to reverse park my car.
I went out and I asked him why he did so. He said, he has been watching the slot from far away. Yes, I said that means the whole carpark belong to u just by watching while our car was nearest to the slot.
Anyway if I didn't bring my wife and son. I would probably whack him with my Rattan Stick which I bought in Melacca
View attachment 3301
Hi Idaman, to each his own. We like HH too, but for the price of RM650k for an intermediate lot vs RM500k for a corner lot in Dec 2010, we felt the 30% premium wasn't justifiable. Furthermore, we felt that with the corner unit and additional RM150-200k for renovation, we will have a very comfortable house to stay in once its completed. As for now, the premium is no longer 20% or even 30%, it's more than 50% (extra RM250k for a HH house over RM550k for a NI house). I'm not sure how you calculated 20% cheaper...

Bro, you sound like my dad, always wanting to whack people and my dad also has a similar thick rattan stick in his car for protection... hahah... hope your next trip will be a better experience.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Vincent bro, do u have the psf comparison, back in dec 10? Hard to compare intermediate At HH versus corner with the extra land at NI. Was there a significant in terms of built up and quality of finishes? Thanks

Hi Idaman, to each his own. We like HH too, but for the price of RM650k for an intermediate lot vs RM500k for a corner lot in Dec 2010, we felt the 30% premium wasn't justifiable. Furthermore, we felt that with the corner unit and additional RM150-200k for renovation, we will have a very comfortable house to stay in once its completed. As for now, the premium is no longer 20% or even 30%, it's more than 50% (extra RM250k for a HH house over RM550k for a NI house). I'm not sure how you calculated 20% cheaper...

Bro, you sound like my dad, always wanting to whack people and my dad also has a similar thick rattan stick in his car for protection... hahah... hope your next trip will be a better experience.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Bro Idaman,

After I view NI, was quite impress by the P8 show house and end lot going at RM536K. But later on when I go to HH, can feel the X-factor as well. So end up now holding back thinking wanna wait for the next launch, which is definately more expensive, or grab NI P8 now. Have been thinking these few days Liao. Still can't decide.

Another very sian incident is that my bro told my dad about our idea of getting a unit in JB. Straight away he slam our idea and told us the house will not increase in value with so much land I'm Malaysia and tell us straight in the face without us explaning our intended idea, which is to stay there on weekend and not for flipping quick return.

The Baby Boomers generation are very skeptical about JB properties becos of bad experience during Mahathir's period. Their Malaysian shares kenna eaten and properties not delivered.

Bro Aisanbo,
I do agree this in general. As they say, once bitten, twice shy. But on the bright side, I would say that one less potential competitor to IM properties. :biggrin:

Imagine, if suddenly, one day, Malaysians (especially Johoreans) and Singaporeans woke up and decided to that they will have faith in the My government's IM commitments and realised about the mass potential of it, decided to invest in IM properties, what will happen then? It may resulted in people queuing up overnights in order to buy the property. Hahaha...

Bro Okane, I believe that you should bring your dad to visit IM in order for him to see for himself. As the saying goes, seeing is believing. Bring him jalan2 at Puteri Harbour, HH clubhouse, try the coastal highway, BI Jusco and NI's lake...I am pretty sure his view or sceptism will change then... :smile:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, got u, thats the procedures/flow I was trying to understand. Thanks so much! :smile:

Does that same principle apply to full cash purchase? Means I follow progress payment schedule also, but I would think that the developer as a biz man will want more certainty instead of letting buyers to get out half way and refund money, should a buyer decides to quit due to genuine reason? Im asking because one developer actually tried to tempt me into buying with cash and give me additional discount. I wasn't sure how the payment schedule work and in order to "save face", I didn't ask such question. Obviously he thought I was very very rich that I can afford full cash purchase. I'll take that silent "accolade" but Shhhh .... Lets Keep it within this forum and dont expose me lol :p

Hi DoA, sorry for the late response as I just got back in town. Yes, you would still follow the progress payment schedule, as per the construction and delivery milestones. In case you bailed mid-way, you would get a refund (less some penalty) based on the S&P agreement. If the developer is strong and cash rich, they would perhaps not care much. They would, at the end of the day, get the property back as well as some penalty from you. They can put the property back in the market, possibly at a higher price. In case the economy has turned south, most reputable developers would have the cash and the holding capacity.

I would be a bit careful if a developer offers discount for cash up front. To me, the developer may not be cash rich. As long as the going is good, there may not be problems. However, in case the economy turns around, these guys will be the first to lower prices and offer incentives to get rid of their units and maintain cash flow. They may also give you a hard time in refunding your money in case you decide to back off. So far, I have met with the bigger players in Iskandar and none of them offered me discount for cash up front. Of course, I am not someone who can come close to paying up front, neither do I look like one who could. :-)

To me, the financial strength of the deveoper is most important, particularly if I am going for a greenfield project. For most of the big developers, who are publicly listed, you can go to the Investor Relations section on their website and download the latest Annual Report. If you look at the Profitability, Current Assets (Cash and Marketable Securities), you will get a good idea of their financial strength. I am not saying that Annual Reports are perfect and necessarily accurate, but it gives a good start. Of course, it is very important see their track record, quality of existing developments, make a site visit, feel the vibe, smell the air, etc.

Most big developers in Iskandar, such as UEM and SP Setia, have aquired their land at a very low price. As per my estimate, they would cover the total cost of the project once they sell out 40-50% of the development. Most of the proceeds from additional sales above the break-even would go straight to the bottom line Profit. They would care less if a few of the buyers backed off.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, keep your cool, don let these people spoil your day further, their not worth your anger!
Cheers

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro. Better late than never :-) it was just a curious question from me, not that I can afford cash payment too lol. Not sure how I looked like one, maybe I should buy more Chiong LV goods and take it to the next level lol :p

Thanks for pointing out the annual report. That's one thing I usually overlook, once I have got the impression that the developer is reputable and sustainable. I shall study more and equip myself with better knowledge.

Actually, the one who offered me cash payment was one that offered very low down payment too. If they are desperate for cash, would imagine that they should get more/full down payment. Not sure what the strategy is about. Anyway, this developer is definitely not as big as uem or setia, so hopefully they will materialze their project on time :-)

Hope u had a great break. Cheers

P/s: up-ed your reputation :-)

Hi DoA, sorry for the late response as I just got back in town. Yes, you would still follow the progress payment schedule, as per the construction and delivery milestones. In case you bailed mid-way, you would get a refund (less some penalty) based on the S&P agreement. If the developer is strong and cash rich, they would perhaps not care much. They would, at the end of the day, get the property back as well as some penalty from you. They can put the property back in the market, possibly at a higher price. In case the economy has turned south, most reputable developers would have the cash and the holding capacity.

I would be a bit careful if a developer offers discount for cash up front. To me, the developer may not be cash rich. As long as the going is good, there may not be problems. However, in case the economy turns around, these guys will be the first to lower prices and offer incentives to get rid of their units and maintain cash flow. They may also give you a hard time in refunding your money in case you decide to back off. So far, I have met with the bigger players in Iskandar and none of them offered me discount for cash up front. Of course, I am not someone who can come close to paying up front, neither do I look like one who could. :-)

To me, the financial strength of the deveoper is most important, particularly if I am going for a greenfield project. For most of the big developers, who are publicly listed, you can go to the Investor Relations section on their website and download the latest Annual Report. If you look at the Profitability, Current Assets (Cash and Marketable Securities), you will get a good idea of their financial strength. I am not saying that Annual Reports are perfect and necessarily accurate, but it gives a good start. Of course, it is very important see their track record, quality of existing developments, make a site visit, feel the vibe, smell the air, etc.

Most big developers in Iskandar, such as UEM and SP Setia, have aquired their land at a very low price. As per my estimate, they would cover the total cost of the project once they sell out 40-50% of the development. Most of the proceeds from additional sales above the break-even would go straight to the bottom line Profit. They would care less if a few of the buyers backed off.

Last edited:

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Vincent bro, do u have the psf comparison, back in dec 10? Hard to compare intermediate At HH versus corner with the extra land at NI. Was there a significant in terms of built up and quality of finishes? Thanks

hi bro, Happy New Year :smile:

To give a general comparison, in my view:

1) Ledang Heights = Bukit Timah / Black and White Good Class Bungalow and its equivalent. (or at least was the intent but other concerns like security, etc. hence the disparity at present...)

2) East Ledang = frenkal Ave, telok kurau, etc. overlapping some Orchard Road vicinity residences.

3) Horizon Hill = ORCHARD Road properties/condo! (in my opinion, flip! hahaha...but of course there are ppl who buy and stay, chill)

4) Bestari Heights/Nusa Duta = Future, up and coming orchard road belt. aka - sitting on Gold Mine. (Motto: who dares, flip!) :biggrin:

5) Nusa Idaman = Bishan/Ang Mo Kio/ Climenti/ kallang - outskirt of the Gold Mine but not too distant. Suburban, family living. Value similar to suburban condo, EC, 5 rm HDB.

6) Nusa Bayu = also suburban, family living. Value similar to 5 rm HDB, 4 rm HDB, 3 rm HDB.

7) Nusa Sentral = suburban, family living. Further compared to 5) and 6) from up and coming orchard road :cool: but NS is unique cos it will have the potential to have its own central! The shop lots and commercial masterplan is pretty awesome if , a big if, it takes off. Value similar to 5) and 6) but have the potential to become a 4) ...:confused:

* Leisure Farm = has mix development consisting of 1) and 2) and 3) ! Lovely :wink:

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro. Better late than never :-) it was just a curious question from me, not that I can afford cash payment too lol. Not sure how I looked like one, maybe I should buy more Chiong LV goods and take it to the next level lol :p

Thanks for pointing out the annual report. That's one thing I usually overlook, once I have got the impression that the developer is reputable and sustainable. I shall study more and equip myself with better knowledge.

Actually, the one who offered me cash payment was one that offered very low down payment too. If they are desperate for cash, would imagine that they should get more/full down payment. Not sure what the strategy is about. Anyway, this developer is definitely not as big as uem or setia, so hopefully they will materialze their project on time :-)

Hope u had a great break. Cheers

P/s: up-ed your reputation :-)

Well, I am not surprised. They are trying to compete with the likes of UEM, SP Setia, Gamunda, Mulpha, etc. They most likely lack the brand image. So they will have to attract buyers with incentives, such as low up front payment. From what I can see, they are just trying to be flexible to get your business. You have the choice of making a small commitment up front and reserving a unit, or paying up front and getting a very attractive price. Whatever suits your profile.

Personally, with a lesser known developer, my preference would be to make a low commitment up front and reduce risk.

Thanks for the reputation thingy bro. :-)

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow, a breath of fresh air seeing such a comparison lol nice job!

I have just been to leisure farm with an agent, my first time, looked at the bayou village. It's so serene and the ambience is so relaxed. Saw a lot of Singapore cars there, and felt as If I was in Singapore. The house is definitely lovely but for me, I'm more accustomed to city's lifestyle. It sure felt good having this kind of resort-like living but its just a but too laid back for me. The sub-sale price asked for around 600- 750. It sure is a good retirement area. Btw, I tried getting singtel's signal but to no avail. With it being so close to second link, I thought the signal should be strong.

On the contrary, Sometimes, I can get signal in HH. Gragraphically, LF is closer to sg. I just had a look at the google map. Directly opposite LF across in sg, it's more like green reserves. So maybe there is no satellite tower there. Whereas opposite HH towards Singapore, there are some industrial estates I think. Hence there might be a Singtel signal tower nearby.

So question,

1) any idea where and how to check Singapore telco's signal coverage, that overspilled to JB?
2) any idea how to strengthen the mobile signal? Just googled online, some suggested using wire coil, aluminium foil etc. yet to try and prove it.
3) any genius in HH or NI tried any way to get sg's signal? (in long run, sure save tons of money on roaming charges)

1) Ledang Heights = Bukit Timah / Black and White Good Class Bungalow and its equivalent. (or at least was the intent but other concerns like security, etc. hence the disparity at present...)

2) East Ledang = frenkal Ave, telok kurau, etc. overlapping some Orchard Road vicinity residences.

3) Horizon Hill = ORCHARD Road properties/condo! (in my opinion, flip! hahaha...but of course there are ppl who buy and stay, chill)

4) Bestari Heights/Nusa Duta = Future, up and coming orchard road belt. aka - sitting on Gold Mine. (Motto: who dares, flip!) :biggrin:

5) Nusa Idaman = Bishan/Ang Mo Kio/ Climenti/ kallang - outskirt of the Gold Mine but not too distant. Suburban, family living. Value similar to suburban condo, EC, 5 rm HDB.

6) Nusa Bayu = also suburban, family living. Value similar to 5 rm HDB, 4 rm HDB, 3 rm HDB.

7) Nusa Sentral = suburban, family living. Further compared to 5) and 6) from up and coming orchard road :cool: but NS is unique cos it will have the potential to have its own central! The shop lots and commercial masterplan is pretty awesome if , a big if, it takes off. Value similar to 5) and 6) but have the potential to become a 4) ...:confused:

* Leisure Farm = has mix development consisting of 1) and 2) and 3) ! Lovely :wink:

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fully agree that seeing is believing. Nobody in his right frame of mind would have expected this little cowboy town call JB could have come that far in such a short time frame. I for one was completely taken aback by the infrastructure around Nusajaya late 2010. I couldnt believe it at all! To me, downtown JB is such a contrast to Nusajaya in terms of infrastructure. Not surprising the Johoreans dont even believe it themselves.

I was luckly enough to step into UEM Sales Office at East Ledang that has the complete development Master Plan of Iskandar Malaysia. Personally, that was quite a mind-boggling masterplan, like many I walked away thinking (also wishing them well that at least someone has a dream) "are they sure or not?". Left that place and next stop is obviously looking for food! Not knowing my way around just driving 100% depending on my GPS brought me to Jusco! After lunch, saw some launching signboard for HH! Bingo! Driving through the golf course and the sales office located at their award winning clubhouse - another amazing experience. Like some of you, the XX factor got better of me and the rest was history lah... Truly believe that nobody could have convince me with the IM story until I experienced it.

Good luck to you Okane!

Bro Aisanbo,

Bro Okane, I believe that you should bring your dad to visit IM in order for him to see for himself. As the saying goes, seeing is believing. Bring him jalan2 at Puteri Harbour, HH clubhouse, try the coastal highway, BI Jusco and NI's lake...I am pretty sure his view or sceptism will change then... :smile:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

NI is just next to HH and is also surrounded by greenery. The best move is to just buy NI + HH's club membership...you can have the best of both worlds..haha.

HH Golf and Country Club's family social membership (tennis/swimming/gym FOC) is available to the public at about SGD700 per year or SGD58 per month with no subscription fees....ex by JB standard..i was contemplating buying it but realised my safra membership at less than $5 per month i think is already super underused....haha..so makes no cow sense to buy.

cheers.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have just been to leisure farm with an agent, my first time, looked at the bayou village. It's so serene and the ambience is so relaxed. Saw a lot of Singapore cars there, and felt as If I was in Singapore. The house is definitely lovely but for me, I'm more accustomed to city's lifestyle. It sure felt good having this kind of resort-like living but its just a but too laid back for me. The sub-sale price asked for around 600- 750. It sure is a good retirement area. Btw, I tried getting singtel's signal but to no avail. With it being so close to second link, I thought the signal should be strong.

On the contrary, Sometimes, I can get signal in HH. Gragraphically, LF is closer to sg. I just had a look at the google map. Directly opposite LF across in sg, it's more like green reserves. So maybe there is no satellite tower there. Whereas opposite HH towards Singapore, there are some industrial estates I think. Hence there might be a Singtel signal tower nearby.

So question,

1) any idea where and how to check Singapore telco's signal coverage, that overspilled to JB?
2) any idea how to strengthen the mobile signal? Just googled online, some suggested using wire coil, aluminium foil etc. yet to try and prove it.
3) any genius in HH or NI tried any way to get sg's signal? (in long run, sure save tons of money on roaming charges)

Got. I read somewhere in this thread this matter was discussed. Someone recommended getting a Signal booster, to repro the signal from your HP to SG singtel tower and vice versa. But this signal booster equipment is not available in SG. Some one bought it from Hong Kong. Bro let me in on it if you are able to get hold of this...:biggrin:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

So question,

bro..dont need to save until like that la..i subscribed to Celcom's pre-paid package and the call to SG from JB is less than 8 singapore cents per minute...definitely cheaper than roaming charges..signal is clear and coverage is good.. just go to any celcom outlet and buy their package. I have a cheapo phone that allows for dual sim cards,..so one card is SG, the other card is JB....like my heart like that! haha.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh .... Team work. Let's search for it and work it out for our's sakes. I managed to find this signal booster in USA's telco website. Found nothing in sg. I tried to search this forum, the search results always come back with nothing :s

Got. I read somewhere in this thread this matter was discussed. Someone recommended getting a Signal booster, to repro the signal from your HP to SG singtel tower and vice versa. But this signal booster equipment is not available in SG. Some one bought it from Hong Kong. Bro let me in on it if you are able to get hold of this...:biggrin:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh not ideal mah. My boss always call me. I can't say, wait boss, I'll call u back. Worse using different number some more haha. In view that I dont wanna risk and lose my job, better enhance the signal for my sg phone lor. I have a digi line ATM. Let me go explore celcom too :-)

bro..dont need to save until like that la..i subscribed to Celcom's pre-paid package and the call to SG from JB is less than 8 singapore cents per minute...definitely cheaper than roaming charges..signal is clear and coverage is good.. just go to any celcom outlet and buy their package. I have a cheapo phone that allows for dual sim cards,..so one card is SG, the other card is JB....like my heart like that! haha.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Happy new year brother Vincent :smile:

Was at NI:8 yesterday. NI:8A is completing very well :wink:. Saw some S-plated cars and was chatting with the misses wonder is it Crystal_Tiong or Vincentck or DreamorAction or etc. ? :biggrin:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal

NI is just next to HH and is also surrounded by greenery. The best move is to just buy NI + HH's club membership...you can have the best of both worlds..haha.

HH Golf and Country Club's family social membership (tennis/swimming/gym FOC) is available to the public at about SGD700 per year or SGD58 per month with no subscription fees....ex by JB standard..i was contemplating buying it but realised my safra membership at less than $5 per month i think is already super underused....haha..so makes no cow sense to buy.

cheers.

NI if buying the semi-D, one gets the HH golf membership for free, if I recall correctly.
Was interested in one of the units there facing the Lake but alas, the only unit I had wanted, was a Bumi unit and sold... pity.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Orchard Road somemore... pengz... you gotta check if the area is susceptible to water ponding :biggrin:

My version:
1) HH - Thomson800, ThomsonGrand... (golf course view, tucked at one corner!)
2) LF - Black & White government bungalows around Mount Pleasant vicinity (oasis on its own!)
3) Nusa Duta - Citylights and condos around Lavender area (near to amenities!)
4) Nusa Idaman - Eunos, Paya Lebar (quite convenient, have mosque!)
5) Nusa Sentral - Pasir Ris, Loyang (in the land of nowhere!)
6) Bestari Heights - Bedok Court (large but old fashion!)
7) Setia EcoGarden - ChuaChuKang
8) Setia Tropika - condos around Bedok Reservoir

Don't flame me... just for fun !!

Status
Not open for further replies.