• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

Turbonetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do have a point . But am thinking many units may not be occupied the whole yr round as they are bot by the PRCs as holiday homes. So the number of pple staying may not be so huge.

I was told by an agent that a project has to be reserved 50% for the locals and remaining for foreigners.
is this true?
if so,PRC still can't beat the number of locals.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was told by an agent that a project has to be reserved 50% for the locals and remaining for foreigners.
is this true?

I don't know abt the quota but CG is going all out to mkt their condos all over Malaysia and even in Singapore soon.

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Penang is unique becos the condos are facing the Andaman Sea, not some straits as what some waterfront ppties face but claim as seaview

But there is still large water body ? Maybe that's why the highest price at Brunsfield Danga Bay is only around 1.2k which had alredi factored this in ?

Last edited:

Turbonetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know abt the quota but CG is going all out to mkt their condos all over Malaysia and even in Singapore soon.

yes,when i was at the Singapore show gallery,the salesgirl told me they soft launch in Singapore,Australia,Malaysia and China.
Last week when i was at JB City Square,i saw their roadshow.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Penang is unique becos the condos are facing the Andaman Sea, not some straits as what some waterfront ppties face but claim as seaview

exactly. penang and KL/S'gor (ie damansara/pj) have been established prime areas for decades. plus penang is like singapore, shortage of land. iskandar/ JB is new kid on the block, untested. and it's got huge expanses of rolling flat land. well, the next 5 years should be quite interesting. :smile:

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
exactly. penang and KL/S'gor (ie damansara/pj) have been established prime areas for decades. plus penang is like singapore, shortage of land. iskandar/ JB is new kid on the block, untested. and it's got huge expanses of rolling flat land. well, the next 5 years should be quite interesting. :smile:

true that KL/ S'gor are much more established but we cannot deny that once the RTS or HSR are built, JB will be very different as many from other parts of Malaysia and other parts of the world may stay at JB and take the train to SG to work. It will also be much more convenient for Singaporeans to stay / retire in JB . So in that sense, prices in JB are factoring all these in.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
But there is still large water body ? Maybe that's why the highest price at Brunsfield Danga Bay is only around 1.2k which had alredi factored this in ?

PEN.jpg

now this is what i call a seaview

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

Though Jb has plenty of land to fill in the condos, apts and landed, ppties at coastal area especially with unblocked straits/sea view still command premium price due to limited supply of such coastal land

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Though Jb has plenty of land to fill in the condos, apts and landed, ppties at coastal area especially with unblocked straits/sea view still command premium price due to limited supply of such coastal land

Agree on this. Basic economic theory of demand and supply applying here.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on this. Basic economic theory of demand and supply applying here.

Yes, wisdom from the classical school of economics still holds. The real winners in Danga Bay are those who bought “sea”-view units at Tropez. Not sure if the view will be obstructed by the newer condos in the area but the psf they paid is a steal in today’s term. When I went to view 1 year+ ago, all seaview units are long gonee

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
true that KL/ S'gor are much more established but we cannot deny that once the RTS or HSR are built, JB will be very different as many from other parts of Malaysia and other parts of the world may stay at JB and take the train to SG to work. It will also be much more convenient for Singaporeans to stay / retire in JB . So in that sense, prices in JB are factoring all these in.

hope you're right as i'm finally vested in jb after years of ignoring it!

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
sometime in Y2017, 2018,..say, considering 10,000 flat units, times 3 person per unit,...one can hope that the racial-social harmony in Johor be NOT disrupted.
Yesterday, I was driven to the showroom,..and saw lotss of characters like this,...
30ho2tg.jpg

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
have faith ! it will happen like it did over at Shenzhen :smile:

The best thing abt vested in both Spore and JB is you can monitor your ppty physically due to close proximity and having a safe goldmine in SG helps to diversify risk in case Iskandar flops and if Iskandar flourish, you have a share of the pie as you are already on the boat. If rent is a problem in JB and you are out of luck, you can always live in your JB ppty and collects rent from your SG ppty. This is what I am working towards

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best thing abt vested in both Spore and JB is you can monitor your ppty physically due to close proximity and having a safe goldmine in SG helps to diversify risk in case Iskandar flops and if Iskandar flourish, you have a share of the pie as you are already on the boat. If rent is a problem in JB and you are out of luck, you can always live in your JB ppty and collects rent from your SG ppty. This is what I am working towards

A lot of Singaporean cannot imagine what 6.9 mil will look like in 2030. The actual figure will be a lot higher, probably in the region of 7.5 mil if we take into account the daily workers from Johor and tourists. What we see currently in terms of jam will get 20-30% worse in 2030. So I guess JB is a way out. Very likely I will retire in JB.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of Singaporean cannot imagine what 6.9 mil will look like in 2030. The actual figure will be a lot higher, probably in the region of 7.5 mil if we take into account the daily workers from Johor and tourists. What we see currently in terms of jam will get 20-30% worse in 2030. So I guess JB is a way out. Very likely I will retire in JB.

Think the SG govt already anticipated this and that was why they went big into Danga Bay A2 island and Medini. The RTS and HSR are also vital parts of the equation to facilitate the commuting.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this true?

was told just now that there is a foreigner quota at Country Gardens. likely to be 50% but not confirmed....

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think the SG govt already anticipated this and that was why they went big into Danga Bay A2 island and Medini. The RTS and HSR are also vital parts of the equation to facilitate the commuting.

Sg govt has much to gain too from population moving across causeway to live while still workling in SG. Other than easing the overheating housing in SG, the govt can still expand its tax base and continue to draw tax revenue. So assuming SG can only hold 5m working population based on its land area, it can only tax 5m workers assuming workers are not mobile. If workers are mobile and could travel to and forth Msia and Spore with ease to work, SG govt can tax 15m workers assuming 5m stays in Spore and 10m stays in JB.