• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi homeinjb,

Congrats, welcome to the club!! As long as you avoid SCB and ask around the banks before committing. Always best to go straight to developer!! Yes, that's progressive payments.

Why SCB?

I'm currently with Standard Chartered Bank on the 2nd year. Care to elaborate?

Btw guys I'm currently training to be a property agent in Singapore. In 3 months time I'll be taking my license. Please support support. I'm free on 4 of May if interested to meet.

:smile:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why SCB?

Btw guys I'm currently training to be a property agent in Singapore. In 3 months time I'll be taking my license. Please support support. I'm free on 4 of May if interested to meet.

You should consider also taking the training in Malaysia. Sure to get many business here!

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely, if pocket can take it, why not, Penang is a good place to stay as well but at 2m, a bit out of reach for folks. I think those keen should take action soon before they really implement at 2m.

I went Penang 1 year ago and the property prices are ridiculous and the worst part is many are investing with no tenant. I saw tall building with no one staying. Scary.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, thats why after i did my due dilligence i decided to come out here. :smile:
You and i, our risk appetites are different as well. Not everyone can take it.

I 2nd that. I'm quite glad you started this so that I get to pocket capital appreciation of $500, 000 ringgit only lah.

Thanks again.

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
At last got a house in HH after pondering over for last 3 months :smile: Gave into wife's desire to have a corner unit with extra land!!!
Need some help on following
1) Was told that S&P will be after 4-6 months and i will be notified. Does that takes so long for S&P?
2) Need to pay 10% (minus the deposit) on S&P signing date
3) Legal fees will be absorbed
4) Stamp duty (3.5%) + foreigners levy to be paid by us
5) Was introduced to Standard Chartered banker, claims need to pay him 0.5% stamp duty. Is it part of the regular procedure?
6) Even though house will be completed after 24 month (approx), we need to keep on paying interest after signing S&P till TOP and thereon actual installments starts. Can anyone plz recommend better banks and loan options?

Pls advice if have missed out any thing in my calculations

har? is new house purchase from developer right? if it is, the banker will earn commission from bank for successful home loan internally, why need to pay him?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, I read it differently. MRCB may be sold down given the reduced revenue opportunity because the Government decided not raise the toll charges as high as we thought it may be.

Agree, i mean that they should do away with the toll completely or at least lower it to something that most of us can take.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Why SCB?

Good for you. SCB kind of made some forummers unhappy in the way that they twisted around things. Had quite a few PMs just on them alone. :(
Will support you. You might want to PM me about the swimming lessons thing. Could use a pointer or two as well.

I definitely cannot swim but given the amount of blubber i have, likely i will float very well. :smile:

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the view. However I a bit worried about the customs increase charges for Singapore cars. Seems like they want to make us pay for the cost of building the EDL...

Apology for coming back late as I had login problem yesterday.

It seems making Singaporeans pay is the path of least resistance for the politicians without risk of losing votes. Just hope the politicians are also mindful that it is very important that Iskandar succeed and Singaporeans are key players in its success. My bet is the govt would work out something that is not too drastic.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I 2nd that. I'm quite glad you started this so that I get to pocket capital appreciation of $500, 000 ringgit only lah.

Thanks again.

I am glad you did get started as well. We still have many doubting Thomases who are still doubting even now, 3 years plus down the road. Again
its not for everyone i guess. Have to give up sometime, sent my final email to people i really care about a couple of days ago. Probably will be the last
one too.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Apology for coming back late as I had login problem yesterday.

It seems making Singaporeans pay is the path of least resistance for the politicians without risk of losing votes. Just hope the politicians are also mindful that it is very important that Iskandar succeed and Singaporeans are key players in its success. My bet is the govt would work out something that is not too drastic.

Yes, both sides need to continue helping each other. It takes 2 hands to clap as well but just one to give a tight slap.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
been out of action for some time.. as expected.. the posts have grown :biggrin:
long story short, a quick update on my plans moving to jb... we won't be going thru the plan, at least not now.
my wife cannot get over the fact that she needs to wake up even earlier daily for our kids' school, and weekends for eca.
we expect the same routine to go on until at least the kids have started/completed their university..

by then.. if we still wanna live in jb, or other parts of malaysia, we would be renting. exchange rate should still be strong.. :wink:

All the best man! No worry, JB will be around a long time.

Last edited:

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Mika14, so sorry to hear, whats the brand and model of your bike? Did you make a report? I know people will tell you its useless. I was told the same thing when i had the accident, now it looks like i have won the case as they found the guy and he didn't dare to turn up in the end after making us wait for him twice.
My bike is Honda Wave. Yes i made a report already...

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi!, plz suggest which banks should i approach and how to get their contact details.
Can i approach bankers in Singapore and ask them to connect me to their counterparts in JB
Alternatively are there any good bankers that u have come across. Please advice

Hi homeinjb,

Congrats, welcome to the club!! As long as you avoid SCB and ask around the banks before committing. Always best to go straight to developer!! Yes, that's progressive payments.

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need ur opinion, why we need to pay additional 0.5% as stamp duty. Not sure if there are other hidden surprises as well.
BTW, will u be able to PM me the details of payment i need to fork out (based on 90% loan for 25 years term)

Why SCB?

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
its good to know that. but are you sure we need not pay 0.5% for so called stamp duty to banker. can anyone around here please share their own experience on dealing with bankers

har? is new house purchase from developer right? if it is, the banker will earn commission from bank for successful home loan internally, why need to pay him?

Kurniawan

Bro,

Applying for Malaysia PR is not so easy especially if you dont have the 'kulit-fication' (kulit is skin in Malay).

One of my friend's ang moh husband, who is a PHd holder just got his MPR after more than 12years teaching in a government linked uni as a Associate Prof.

Can you believe that? And my friend is a PHd herself too...

Malaysia will give you a 'home' (MM2H) but definitely not PR or even citizenship so easily...unless you have the kulit-fication... :smile:

Highlighted as requested. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.