• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had lunch with my Singaporean friends today and we happened to talk about the Legoland in Malaysia. Following is some comments from my Singaporean friends:

Friend A: Sure or not, can open on time?
Friend B: Are those rides in the themepark safe to play?
Friend C: Got people want to buy tickets and go meh?

I was the only Malaysian, and i was speechless....

I really hope Legoland open smoothly in September and let the flag of Malaysia fly high with pride. I am not against Singaporean, but it is very common that Singaporean looks down on Malaysia and always feels that they are much more superior than Malaysian. Their attitude and words will only make Malaysian more annoyed about Singaporean.

I am Singaporean and it is my hope that Malaysia will do well too. It is good for the region as a whole!
But the process of getting such theme parks up and running is a long one. There will always be teething problems.

When I went to the Paris Disneyland during its first year of operations, there were many rides that were not operating. Likewise, I recalled the same for Singapore's Universal Studios too.

Anyway, I know that there are many Singaporeans who are friendly and treat their neighbours well.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I need help to wire my home for ethernet. Does anyone have a contact that I can get in touch with. A simple home ethernet network. I'm not sure whether an electrican can do it.
Appreciate a reply soonest possible as I am starting Reno next week. Sorry for this late request But only thought about this when spoke to a friend who asked me whether I was having "wired Ethernet " for the home. I was thinking of wireless But was shocked by what he told me and am now seriously wanting to install wired Ethernet.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Horizonhills: I heard overtime is very popular...in sutera utama though i have never been there

It is actually, there is one at Mount Austin for those so inclined. I
am not much of a pub crawler, aside from work i only drink with close friends.

Heard Bosco Wong set up one in MY. Ipoh is i remember correctly.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I need help to wire my home for ethernet. Does anyone have a contact that I can get in touch with. A simple home ethernet network. I'm not sure whether an electrican can do it.
Appreciate a reply soonest possible as I am starting Reno next week. Sorry for this late request But only thought about this when spoke to a friend who asked me whether I was having "wired Ethernet " for the home. I was thinking of wireless But was shocked by what he told me and am now seriously wanting to install wired Ethernet.

Wireless is inherently unsafe (if you are talking about security) no matter what you do to it even if you put in all sorts of protection, some products like edetective would already be able to view all the traffic. Wired is still the best, use wireless for traffic that are not private. You can just use wired for the masterbedroom, etc and leave the rest for wireless.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
True I notice that is common as well.. why malaysians looked down on malaysians?
Elitism again??

Cmon, you talk to those Malaysians staying in Spore ( PR ) who have kids who are Sporeans and they themselves look down on Malaysia. I am sure some of these Sporeans young men who looked down on Malaysia as a whole were born in Malaysia in the first place. In my office, there are 20 people of which 5 are born in Spore, 8 born in Malaysia and the rest from Japan, India and China. They all look down on Malaysia

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cmon, you talk to those Malaysians staying in Spore ( PR ) who have kids who are Sporeans and they themselves look down on Malaysia. I am sure some of these Sporeans young men who looked down on Malaysia as a whole were born in Malaysia in the first place. In my office, there are 20 people of which 5 are born in Spore, 8 born in Malaysia and the rest from Japan, India and China. They all look down on Malaysia

Politics lah, HH.

If DAP the ruling party, then such comments may be unheard of.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
True I notice that is common as well.. why malaysians looked down on malaysians?
Elitism again??

u got it wrong , its malaysians look down on Malaysia not malaysians ....
i can understand that too ! u cant blame them coz they have their reasons ....

Last edited:

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrapping the pork in lettuce and garlic is definitely a Korean style of eating. We tried that in Korea a number of times - our favourite.
Vietnamese eats popiah wrapped with vegetables, meat and rice and dipped in a 'heavenly' sauce which I have yet to find out what it was.

The ginseng chicken is ok ..but once you have tried the real stuff in Korean ... there is this tendency to compare.

Overall , Uncle Jang is a authetic place to eat Korean food ... reasonable price ...wonderful service and I enjoyed watching the Koreans tucking in their food there and listening to them chatter in Korean :smile: You can't get this from fake Korean buffet in Singapore.

Hmmm perhaps I got mixed up between the 2:smile:. There is one Korean restaurant in shanghai call 本家, it's worth a visit if you like Korean food. Beef is their speciality. I actually don't fancy Korean food but that restaurant is the first Korean restaurant that I like, and I don't take beef haha....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I had lunch with my Singaporean friends today and we happened to talk about the Legoland in Malaysia. Following is some comments from my Singaporean friends:

Friend A: Sure or not, can open on time?
Friend B: Are those rides in the themepark safe to play?
Friend C: Got people want to buy tickets and go meh?

I was the only Malaysian, and i was speechless....

I really hope Legoland open smoothly in September and let the flag of Malaysia fly high with pride. I am not against Singaporean, but it is very common that Singaporean looks down on Malaysia and always feels that they are much more superior than Malaysian. Their attitude and words will only make Malaysian more annoyed about Singaporean.

I can assure you that not every Singaporean thinks that way, there are some who hope to see Malaysia succeed. The comments you have heard is already very mild. Together with my countrymen, some of my friends from other parts of Malaysia also have not even heard of Iskandar or Nusajaya and first thing they say is that it will end up like Putrajaya or Cyberjaya (associating the "jaya" part of the place)

Indeed it might but at least diss it only after you have seen it.

Some folks from KL are only starting to realise the existence of Iskandar, if not for a dinner with some of them (my wife's newly hired staff) recently, otherwise they have never even been to Nusajaya or heard of it. Have to introduce them to the growing parts of Johore and the notable progress it has made.

Just to share, I have personally heard of the following when myself or a local friend brought their friends/relatives in(Please note that these are serious questions posed with no sarcasm) and we have to take them with a straight face and explain patiently:

1. Are you sure that there are no more daily robbery with guys toting guns now?
(Happened many years prior, it happened to my relatives in Pelangi on a CNY, for many years after that, the family had a bitter quarrel, blamed each other for what happened. Splitted and we were instructed by my father to stay away from Johore until i came back 2008)

Yes, back when i was a teenager, i was already a regular weekly visitor of JB with my then girlfriend (and later wife) walking over, by bus or taking taxis across the causeway. All activity stopped after that fateful CNY.

2. Penang got robbery, will it affect your place or not? Penang is next to Johore only right?
3. KL now got demonstration, will spillover for sure, do you want to evacuate? KL very near what, half an hour will reach Johore at most.

1. You said Horizon Hills, do you mean you guys are living in the hills? (Sua Teng Lang - akin to savages)
2. Do you really have toilets there? Do you still use "pong teng" kerosene lamps. Any TV sets? Got electricity meh?
3. Don't bluff, are you sure you use washing machine?
4. What Legoland, is it all made up of legobricks? Are you sure there is even electricity to run the rides?

2011-2012
1. Are you sure you are able to get easy access to food sources there? As recent as 2 months ago, a fellow countrymen, invited by my local friend brought bread, hard biscuits, lots of water bottles as well as camping equipment here including tents. His excuse - He was afraid he would get lost and be hungry for days. He has never been outside Singapore, having been informed that the whole world is uninhabitable.

2. A learned friend who has been a commando, trekked countless countries including parts of China where "tu fei" are common, still have the impression that thousands of people die here daily and never even been to our area.

There were also some who having failed to dissuade us to make the move here with crime, then told about the giant mosquitoes here to try to scare people off. Friends posted to remind me about this as well as the recent Ang Mo Kio dengue outbreak - Some people are just unable to realise mosquitoes obeys no man made borders.

1. Bersih 3.0 already leh, how come you guys didn't smell the tear gas? No rioting at your neighbourhood meh?

2. Now the questions from my friends are(all good relatives already have houses here):
Are you sure there are still units there, can you help me to check in your area please.

3. Can you really set off fireworks here? Please help me to buy "kong ming teng"

4. Legoland, when complete? Tickets how much?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

True, some of them when we brought them here including folks who have left (and are now coming back) as well as relatives from East Malaysians or those from KL/Penang got a huge shock. Indeed things may still fail i reminded them but look at how things have progressed, it may still regress but it will still be a good place
to retire even without the theme parks or big developments.

Just the infrastructure here including relaxation, medical, entertainment is enough to support. Was interesting though, as an outsider, introducing their country back to them. Glad to at least give them a new perspective.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Curiouscat

The blog's source was cited but thanks to Bro Wuqi for filling in the url. Professor Balding's blog was suspended this morning. Cannot read more even we want to! Sad state of affairs.

Peace to all! :biggrin:

Yes bro, you definitely did cite the source. Wonder why it was suspended though. :(

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank you wuqi256.

My wife and I are looking at NUSA DUTA. Do you have any friends who want to sell their properties or any reliable agents you know can intro me? Thanks! =)

Have a few friends who have properties there, mainly clusters.
I can introduce you to them to buy direct which i feel is the best way. Get a separate lawyer to represent you and to protect your interest and thats it. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wrapping the pork in lettuce and garlic is definitely a Korean style of eating. We tried that in Korea a number of times - our favourite.
QUOTE]

Thats really the authentic way, i like it like that as well.
I think one of the sauces the Vietnamese use regularly is fish sauce :smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If DAP rules Malaysia, those PAP greedy dogs will have to be grilled why they are paying themselves S$150,000 a month salary while Lim Guan Lim from Penang has a meagre S$10,000 a month salary. I simply love this guy, saw him dining by himself in an Airasia cafe without any guards. No air no anything. Fly Airasia somemore.

Tats the problem in red dot. They tink by raising wages can really solve rising costs? For example..housing..in the first place had they control HDB prices and keep it low and affordable prices, at least not so bad lah. In future my children can afford to buy 1 themselves. But looking at present HDB prices, i really pity my children. Shake head....
Next outsourcing....privatisation..SP power, transportation, hospitals..all these are essentials to our needs...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cant really blame them as Nusajaya and whole of Malaysia has progressed rapidly from 2007-2012. From 1960-2000, the Malaysians working in Spore return to their hometown every year during CNY and they see the same shit in their kampongs. The only real dramatic change in Malaysia is from 2007-2012 actually

Have you guys notice the street lamps are all lighted up from 2nd link all the way to Jusco ? Infact some of the things are now better than Singapore.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes bro, you definitely did cite the source. Wonder why it was suspended though. :(

Some of the dirt that was dug up by the Prof is amazing and that may have caused problems for himself. Sad but true, he asked Singaporeans to be responsible and ask their Government to also do the same. I read that he also received alot of hate mails before the Blog came down!

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you guys notice the street lamps are all lighted up from 2nd link all the way to Jusco ? Infact some of the things are now better than Singapore.

Great news! This is not rocket science but needs political will. If that is evidence of that, then I think some parts of the Malaysian management style is changing.

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, the LED light looks great and much better than the old yellow lamp...i can see clearly when driving along the 2nd link last weekend...thumbs up to msian government on this..

Status
Not open for further replies.