• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thinking back, just even a few months ago, people still saying Singaporeans staying in gated/guarded places are ok but what about integration, living, etc. Don't hide the crimes, some would say but if one just search, one can find all posting regarding crimes that were never modified or deleted.

Those who have businesses, living here and some i may dare say who are thriving, may still belong to the minority for now but increasingly seeing more people i know starting up business here other than buying houses, etc. They are also buying into commercial and industrial property as well.

I am glad to be helping them somewhat to integrate better here, it is a thankless job but sincere thanks to everyone who is helping out here. I know of a good neighbour who is local but has been helping out Singaporeans unreservedly and not for financial gains since the developers do not give anything here. (unlike Singapore)

Some of the guys he brought in on the other hand are not really appreciating his efforts. Recently someone even called a bank staff and asks them to fetch them from Tampines to Johor to discuss the loan agreements, send them for shopping at Jusco and to send them back to SG. When they asked me about this since a good friend referred them, i said, just ask them to go to another bank, i will answer to my friend.

On and off we will have people questioning is this a HH thread? Again, it was not and never will be, all those who actually did go through all the postings (kudos to you) and even the very first posting will realise it was always about having options.

Sometimes its challenging when sorting out interactions with other forummers especially if privy to certain circumstances of some, i will tend to stand up for them or modify posts if it concerns their privacy or if they are really having issues.

Please bear with me if some posts get inadvertently modified.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
The water tank is made of fiberglass I believe.

Yes, bypassing the tank will give increased pressure but as what wuqi has mentioned, it will affect your neighbours and if everybody does this then....

Also, do note if you bypass the tank, you no longer have a backup water source. Should the mains be cut off or the main water pipe (PVC) entering your meter reader spring a leak (I encountered this 2 months back), you could be out of water for awhile till SAJ comes to dig up the pipe and replace it. Even with my tank, I endured 24hrs on a Sun without water.

Just wanted to share that I went up to my roof last Sat to check on the reserve water tank at my HH Golf house. The tank is not very big ( maybe 1 metre in diameter and about 1 metre high) and is made of those tough plastic-like material, it is not metal and it sits on a concrete base. There is an inlet tap (presumably from the mains) and about 2 to 3 outlet taps leading water from the tank to the rest of the house. The outlet pipings are PVC and are about 2 inches in diameter.

Afternote:
My friend, who has his house behind mine, has gotten his plumber to divert the water from the mains to the rest of the house, bypassing the reserve tank. He didnt fit a water pump and the pressure is more than good for the taps on his second floor. The water pressure at the ground floor was so powerful that it splashes each time the tap is opened. According to his plumber you do not need to fit a pump to increase the water pressure - the water at the mains at HH is so good, it can "shoot" a 3-house distance away, having tested it himself. Hope this is helpful to those having poor water pressure. : )

nesta0013

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on my own preferences and views only :

1) location (as of now) / amenities - Tropez
2) developer's reputation/reliability in JB - impiana
3) price - impiana
4) design/layout - tropez WOW me much more. The design of their bathroom is incredible too.
5) ease of getting tenant - perhaps slanted towards tropez due to existing more established infrastructure networks and more buses plying the roads, but big potential towards impiana in the future

Thanks bro DoA for the analysis, will visit both showhouse and take a look 1st.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

Diverting water from the mains to the rest of the house is actually illegal and some
neighbours may not be so happy. If you really did it, just keep it to yourself as your
neighbour may be unhappy and do it as well. Connecting direct for points (for occasional use)
like garden hoses, etc is one thing but for the whole house is bad.

As more and more people do this, the water pressure will just get progressively smaller.

Adding a pump on top for the water tank may drain water faster but its limited by the
water tank so any adverse effects are limited to a certain extent.

I think for bro Odyssey's place, it may be different as we definitely needed the pump for
the 2nd floor shower when we came here. It was just great that the Semi-D unit has it by
default but we had to install for some of the other units. Exactly because others diverted
water.

It will be ok in the very beginning but will get progressively worse as more and more people
move in.

As for the wall in between on the roof top, not every one that has the wall although parts
of the rafters or most of it are made of wood although the latest ones i saw should be metal.

Thanks Wuqi, I didnt know that diverting water from the mains would affect the rest of the neighbourhood. If this is so, then this method is bad. My friend also didnt know that. This method was recommended by the contractors. I thought we stumbled on a good and easy way to increase the water pressure, haha - my bad. I guessed I still have much to learn about plumbing.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi, I didnt know that diverting water from the mains would affect the rest of the neighbourhood. If this is so, then this method is bad. My friend also didnt know that. This method was recommended by the contractors. I thought we stumbled on a good and easy way to increase the water pressure, haha - my bad. I guessed I still have much to learn about plumbing.

Ya. Most of us r layman and would hv taken the contractor's word for it. It's probably the management's role to explain this clearly to the house owners.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
The water tank is made of fiberglass I believe.

Yes, bypassing the tank will give increased pressure but as what wuqi has mentioned, it will affect your neighbours and if everybody does this then....

Also, do note if you bypass the tank, you no longer have a backup water source. Should the mains be cut off or the main water pipe (PVC) entering your meter reader spring a leak (I encountered this 2 months back), you could be out of water for awhile till SAJ comes to dig up the pipe and replace it. Even with my tank, I endured 24hrs on a Sun without water.

Hi 2bFree, the tank is not fiberglass, its like those they use for making those big blue containers for liquid - I dont know what the material is called. The material is quite flexible and I was wondering to myself, how long this tank can last. I was also at two-minds, as having a reserve water tank is good as I learned from the contractors that water stoppages can sometimes last a few days in Malaysia. I can understand this as this place is huge and there is still a lot of development going on, and it is not due to the inefficiency of the authorities or service provider. Thanks for sharing, this is something I will have to take into consideration too.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya. Most of us r layman and would hv taken the contractor's word for it. It's probably the management's role to explain this clearly to the house owners.

I guessed its easy and faster for them to divert than to source and fit a proper water pump; whats with the electrical and all. Thank goodness for Wuqi in pointing this out to me early; now I feel so stupid : ( haha.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
If not fiberglass, then it is PE (Polyethylene). Traditionally fiberglass was used but perhaps modern plastics are now more durable, lighter and UV resistant compared to the past :smile:

Hi 2bFree, the tank is not fiberglass, its like those they use for making those big blue containers for liquid - I dont know what the material is called. The material is quite flexible and I was wondering to myself, how long this tank can last.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi homeinjb,

Greeting, I suggest you contact those banks represetative that were presented at the developer office. Forget about Citibank, it is a waste of time, trust me.

i did contact CitiBank as well, but since they offered me only upto the max of 65% loan, i had no option but to drop it. btw development is HH

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a saving grace. Phewwww ... So the prediction was acceptable :p Now I will keep my crystal ball. I was so scared that u would smash my crystal ball ...

I came by tuas at around 9:30pm.. Very few cars... My wife said she could only see 2 cars, one is mine and the other 1km away.. Haha..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi general Wuqi,

Like what Ginfreely said, if you think it is good, just do it and don't worry what other perceive.. Tien got eyes, durians also got eyes.. We also got eyes.. You will be blessed either now, tomorrow or future..

Some naive people who complain will understand that one day when they are hurt... Don't be discouraged.. Able to give is the biggest blessings one have..

Thanks bro DOA, i agree. I am too blunt at times and really just want to help.

Some actually complained to me when things went wrong with the very things they
chose to do or worse, go to my family to complain.

No matter what one do, it will never be perfect so i understand that. I probably should
have made a sticky out of it earlier for taxation but then i wasn't the moderator back
then and multiple threads without a folder would have been worse.

Its pretty discouraging sometimes but someone has to do it.

Again, thanks to everyone who has been helping out.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with the former statement, bro. But for Citibank, it will be a waste of time only if one walks into their office to request for a loan knowing that they do not give full support to a particular project. Saying this because At least for taman laguna, they are giving full support and they could offer 79%, which is much better than the 65% being reported.

I know they are quite agressive with another project this year, that is at nusa duta. Someone please share their experience if u have just dealt with them :smile: cheers

Also, they have promo on home loans now, and giving free holidays (threshold of min loan amount applies). These are all signs that they have bigger appetite this year :smile:

Hi homeinjb,

Greeting, I suggest you contact those banks represetative that were presented at the developer office. Forget about Citibank, it is a waste of time, trust me.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, please don't feel that way

At least I'm grateful that u have highlighted this and enabled me to learn :smile: I have a very curious mind and never reject new knowledge/info. Thanks for sharing :smile:

To add, there is no stupid question, only question is how much a person is willing to ask and grow :wink:

I guessed its easy and faster for them to divert than to source and fit a proper water pump; whats with the electrical and all. Thank goodness for Wuqi in pointing this out to me early; now I feel so stupid : ( haha.

Last edited:

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Citibank staffs are indeed agressive (I have personal deal with them before and they are very keen to earn the commissions from Singaporean), but the decision whether to offer loan better than 65% still depend on their head office in KL. I believe HH is not in their list of appetite, hence it is a waste of time to proceed further. Just me two cents :smile:

Agree with the former statement, bro. But for Citibank, it will be a waste of time only if one walks into their office to request for a loan knowing that they do not give full support to a particular project. Saying this because At least for taman laguna, they are giving full support and they could offer 79%, which is much better than the 65% being reported.

I know they are quite agressive with another project this year, that is at nusa duta. Someone please share their experience if u have just dealt with them :smile: cheers

Also, they have promo on home loans now, and giving free holidays (threshold of min loan amount applies). These are all signs that they have bigger appetite this year :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.