• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya , with the neighbours , gather yr rights to change new guards , u guys also paying maintenece fees right ?
Tell them if no satisfy answer , this issue will circulate online and no one will dare to buy houses in NI liao ...

Unfortunately they couldn't care less. The only way is to secure your house really tight... at least for now. Once the place reaches high occupancy rate it will be much safer.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello Wuqi

Is there anyway we can know who snipped our reputation pts and left unpleasant remarks ?

Can ur unpleasant remarks beat mine?:mad:

#
19-03-2012 07:19 AM
Thread: Mudlaysia awarded...

retarded puki mat

#
19-03-2012 07:18 AM

islam babi, allah puki, mat cheebye

#
19-03-2012 02:11 AM
Thread: Thank you Sinkie Malays...

fuck u

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all,

Just in case i missed any on PMs.

To those involved in the project up north. Congrats to those who have participated.
All the available units have been snapped up save for 2 which is for personal consumption, thanks again for your interest. :smile:

We will keep you updated when we have a collective buy again.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Can ur unpleasant remark beat mine?:mad:

#
19-03-2012 07:19 AM

retarded puki mat

#
19-03-2012 07:18 AM

islam babi, allah puki, mat cheebye

#
19-03-2012 02:11 AM
Thread: Thank you Sinkie Malays...

fuck u

Wow, sorry to hear. :(
I have never really deducted anyones points like that, even those 539 who disagreed with me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Anyone wants to join shooting club??? Heard if join them then we can apply license to buy a rifle or gun and keep at home.... Anyone dare to intrude have to taste the bullets!!!!!

When I was in Phil, if I want M16 just pay money! The got brochures for u to choose also!! Just pay money and u can have license to own also!

Think have to get one in MY if permitted, not to do bad things but for safety of family and self defence. If the bad guys have gun and we dun have then we have to give in to them! But if the bad guys got guns and we also have , we still can fight back!!

Any bros know how to get license for gun?? Shooting club or whatsoever. ..

Last time saw an acticle, robbers went into a house, owner still awake, heard some noise, went to get rifle... Saw the burglars, shoot one of them on the leg, the rest run away... I think they will never want to disturb them anymore!

If the owner no gun or rifle then how??? They can do anything they want .... we have to think of all possibilities and have all precautions as we can get.... Wait till police arrive maybe too late already!!! We are trained in the army and we should know better how to fight a war.... Once they intrude yr property, they asking for trouble, when they ask for trouble, they start a war and we have to protect and serve our family.... Or neighbours .... This is to make them know we r not to be disturbed.... Just like the Gurkhas... Recently at Aljunied petrol kiosk, an Indian guy molest a Nepal girl, those Gurkhas held him down, if u live in a precint, u have to have a mind set as the Gurkhas , they r like one big family living together, they will help one another, I used to study in Mount Vernon Sec and have some Nepal friends and they really looking after one another....

So to those staying in NI, keep an eye on each other that is what I can say!

Bro Arowana,

You can't get one in MY. Even in SG, you can't get one for home defense even if you are a gun club owner, has blue tag or IPSC certified. Only if you have a real reason. Here in MY, gun licenses are very difficult but there are other ways to defend and secure yourself. PM me.

I know the feeling, i have slept with a piece near to me when i was overseas.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, sorry to hear. :(
I have never really deducted anyones points like that, even those 539 who disagreed with me.

Not u lah. I believe u been giving points (more often than deducting) to fella bros here...esp in this thread.:smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro,..guns no la.

licensing tasers and having training programs for it will be a good start. the problem is what happens if those buggers have tasers also??!!.....see who zapp who first??...haha.

Tasers are useful but they are not foolproof as if they are snatched away, they can be used against you instead. Some particular types or thick clothing have shown to be ineffective. Some types (handheld) are also not powerful enough and to a robber, you want to incapacitate him, not enrage him. Learn to defend yourself and to run if need be. A proximity light at the back gate, a cctv system are just some of the passive systems.

I have mentioned this before, whatever security systems one has, its only is a matter of time. The trick is to make it not worth their time by hardening your place. Some folks, when they first moved out here even boobytrapped their windows.

He told me luckily no robber tried to come in......else the garden behind will have more fertilizer. Just like the bigger houses in Setia Tropika, they even have electrified fence.

Pepper spray can be purchased easily from Tesco btw.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Besides 'arming' yourself against robbers, there is a need to handle contractors who might dump their rubbish at your front porch. At another website, I also read of neighbours who dump their rubbish into your bin and neighbours' dogs which peeed and pooed at the grass patch near your house...

Looks like a CCTV camera in front of the house is a must - :smile:

I think some of these types of jobs are inside jobs, hence i made it a point to loudly and nicely point out to them that many of my neighbours are very very well prepared. Probably nothing much left for the police when they come here, only the morgue attendants to scrape off the ground.

The rubbish part is really bad but nothing beats a personal experience. I went with a group of friends once to survey a very high end place. Everything was fine until we went to the front porch and got off. As this high end place has no fencing for all units, all the grass in the garden has brown patches as the dogs from all the neighbours basically use the place as a public latrine. The whiff of the poo stay affected some of them even when they went back to my car. Both units were the same, even the higher end one was a latrine.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

Just in case i missed any on PMs.

To those involved in the project up north. Congrats to those who have participated.
All the available units have been snapped up save for 2 which is for personal consumption, thanks again for your interest. :smile:

We will keep you updated when we have a collective buy again.

Bro Wuqi,
Just to learn a thing or two here from you . What are real advantage of commericial shophouse in KL vs commercial shophouse at JB . What I can think of is KL properties got a much bigger critical mass , however prices might be much higher than JB , is it true?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank as a lot. This is really helpful as the residents of prescint 6 have scheduled a meeting this coming sunday to discuss security issues and possible measures to mitigate this.

Cheers

Crime is everywhere, prevention is always better than reaction. I would suggest to form a small group to check on all possible ingress spots including places where the angle of incline is less steeper. Positioning a semi-perm guard post there or a guard dog (with shelter for the poor dog) will help. Also, the developer should be taken to task if its still managing the security. Look for holes in fencing or ground that were dugged up. Where there is no barbed wire, it should be added as well. IR sensors and cameras would be beneficial as well. I appreciate the defence that Laguna has, concertina wire, IR sensor and overlapping camera system. The wire was also well laid. There should be another guard company doing the rounds if possible. These are external stuff.

Get to know your neighbours, know who is heavily armed (the frigate in your neighbourhood), stay close to him/them or maintain good contact. Get good cameras, proximity systems like lighting or alarms. Tune down the sensitivity and ask for alarm systems with an emergency trigger. It should be a proactive system which should be as flexible as possible while not disturbing the peace. (I know, some cheap alarm systems trigger every time someone sets off firecrackers/fireworks in the distance)

People here are quite united against crime and more often than not, will help you. :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
same here written to leongsam he told who the coward is. i feel like outing this nick to the whole board but then i decided to let him/her be karma will bite him/her in the ass.

ok , after a shower , i am okay liao , ignore all this ppl!
thanks for all the bros who comforted me thru pms!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
ya lor , sianz ....
maybe have to rent out instead of staying there ....
so sad ....
But i will still try to stay first , if unfortunately really happen , i will make sure the guards lose their rice bowls!
Maybe have to go and adopt 2 dogs to guard my house....

Not that bad, as long as residents are doing something, then something will be done. Only danger is if everyone bochup, then nothing gets done. Then it would only get worse and go downhill. Isolated 1-2 cases are nothing, only danger is if its consistent. Then danger is not the price falling for the estates (as that is only money) but danger to folks lives.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
ok , after a shower , i am okay liao , ignore all this ppl!
thanks for all the bros who comforted me thru pms!

See, so many good people around. There is more good than bad as i always believe. :smile:
I will remember to up your points as soon as i can give it to you again.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
whoami

wow , mine not so nasty as yrs ....
someone up my pts and comment" up for u , low life peasant in JB"
i wonder why need to hv all this pts n power in a forum ?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Unfortunately they couldn't care less. The only way is to secure your house really tight... at least for now. Once the place reaches high occupancy rate it will be much safer.

Yes agree, just secure your place. Form your own group, know your neighbour and things will only improve from there. I have many neighbours here who thinks they are very rich and ignores everyone, keeping to themselves. Yet those truly rich ones tend to be the humble ones. Even had an atas neighbour who claimed they drank at least a full bottle of red a day.

They forgot, they may be rich at 65 but some already did pretty well at 25 yet others become millionaire below age of 20. For a mountain that is higher, there may be higher still. Even mount everest is not the highest if you count those in the sea. Low profile is key. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
whoami

wow , mine not so nasty as yrs ....
someone up my pts and comment" up for u , low life peasant in JB"
i wonder why need to hv all this pts n power in a forum ?

Wow, defeats the purpose of upping someone then. Yes, low life peasants we may be but thats our choice in life. I rather make my choice than have someone make it for me.

We may soon see more reversals from certain groups of people once XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
They were very very unfortunately all kept out of the loop it seems. :(

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
same here written to leongsam he told who the coward is. i feel like outing this nick to the whole board but then i decided to let him/her be karma will bite him/her in the ass.

Karma is the best thing, just leave it. There will always be someone who disagree with you, we have to just live with it.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that bad, as long as residents are doing something, then something will be done. Only danger is if everyone bochup, then nothing gets done. Then it would only get worse and go downhill. Isolated 1-2 cases are nothing, only danger is if its consistent. Then danger is not the price falling for the estates (as that is only money) but danger to folks lives.

ya , i hope my NI 8/8 neighbours are cooperative and helpful !
still a bit scare coz most of the time i be staying alone

Status
Not open for further replies.