• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought it is a common thing for one in JB to do his own carpentry work for kitchens, bedrooms, lightings, aircons etc right? Also most people will change the sinks, taps, toilet bowls etc right?

Why would you need to change toilet bowls , sinks and taps ? They are pretty class , I would say better than our BTO flats leh .
:confused:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

:eek: wow come to think of it i've never been to those parts before not even the utm vincinity. should go look see. lastresort you have more info?

it depends on what kind of property you are looking at and time frame.

I found 1 selling exactly 10 acres of RESIDENTIAL land facing main road at only 2.8 million. RM 6 PSF.

Can build more than 100 terraces with large common area. In Singapore, you can squeeze 400 terraces in such a land.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought it is a common thing for one in JB to do his own carpentry work for kitchens, bedrooms, lightings, aircons etc right? Also most people will change the sinks, taps, toilet bowls etc right?

depends on quality if good then use as is but if sub-par mostly will take the opportunity to change to something more aesthetic and durable?
although i have the itch to change mine but have since decided against, they look and use quite ok :smile:
allows me to save money for other cosmetic changes :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Isnt it obvious out of 5, someone can give HH materials 4 to 4.5? You give 3 to 3.5? Thats very kind of u. ALL of my fellow relatives and investors gave HH finishing/materials big FAIL. I would give 1 out of 5. And you know what crap excuse HH will say? Because HH owners are rich.. so we decided to give lousy finishing because they will spend fortunes to renovate the house anyway. When I was replacing my cracked toilet tiles in HH, one knock here and those unbroken ones nearby will crack. So I changed all the tiles in the toilets walls. I am very surprised someone can give HH 4 out of 5 for these miserable finishing. Bestari HT and Nusa duta gave top finishing.

I got a call this morning at 6am from my tenant again in Horizon Hills. Apparently the rubbish collectors MIA again on Monday and the whole place is very smelly. I was told since last Thursday ( Thursday - Monday??? ) the rubbish trucks just wouldnt appear and I was at dead ends. Given up hope on HH. No problems with East Ledang houses so far. Maybe the truck drivers stay nearby. East LEdang is good in many ways, esp its proximity to Singapore and the top notch quality. However at this present moment, it just lack "human" feel as many houses are still empty the last I went to collect rent.

That was my personal assessment at that time given the units i have, that was on page 19 of this thread and i did rank EL on top of HH.
I have always say that mileage vary and pointed out house defects here. The Golf units were having more defects as compared. I have put innumerous posts since then saying the finishing is not good and needs improvement but seriously tiles needing wholesale replacement, i would say only semi-d and i only know of some as mine was fixed by the developer rightaway. Unless you moved in much later and got the other guy, Mr Lee then it might be different. I didn't have any problems with the terraces and clusters that i bought. I didn't buy this place for the finishing.

I absolutely agree with the other bro that its more of a 3 but definitely not 1 as you described. 1 would be totally unlivable and requires at least 400k or more to fix. Apparently i am luckier than you in terms of tenants as i haven't had any tenants needing to shout at me.

Defects happens to all developments, its whether or not the developer bothers to fix it that matters.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Your weightage on materials for HH is too high. When compared to LF and EL (score of 4.5 to 5), I would give HH a 3 to 3.5. That's my assessment.

Agree with your assessment, for certain units, its definitely only a 3.

If i have to choose between 2 places and one has lesser amenities but much better finishing and the other has better amenities but poorer finishing. I would still choose the one with better amenities. Have made this clear before as i can always change finishing but i cannot "buy" amenities.

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the completion of EDL will bring in the much need human flow to the eastern side of JB which was pretty much neglected and has lots of potential. In terms of ROI, and with the annoucements of water theme park, foreign hospital, and many more other developements to come, the developments of the east and the north, in actual fact, should not be totally brushed aside.

euphony, for me, one kid's fight has ended, but another has began. Now its my younger daughter's turn for exam. Again, stressed parent, bochap kid! I hope at the end of the tunnel, I come out of parenting in one piece. :smile:

agree with potential because human numbers/traffic is already there. aiyo! one done another to go. The one doing the most is parents! I sometimes joke with my friends its not an engagement ring, its a suffeRING. :p

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

I found 1 selling exactly 10 acres of RESIDENTIAL land facing main road at only 2.8 million. RM 6 PSF.

Can build more than 100 terraces with large common area. In Singapore, you can squeeze 400 terraces in such a land.

oh? the developer is selling land? or is the land for sale for residential development? this is indeed a very attractive pricing.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I know LF got in house cleaning maintenance plus the new exit, I would have considered LF... (HH is the only property I have viewed in JB..)
Not sure if we can get in house cleaning maintenance in HH as well...

I am prepared to do renovation for my HH property.. It is going to be busy.. so whatever poor furnishing is not important..as long as pipe and roof don't leak..

A cleaning company actually tried to get the license to operate in HH , the last I heard was still pending but I did not follow up, maybe can check Maint office. I got external cleaning for just RM80 before renting and 3 persons turned up to clean; that is about 3-4 hrs work !

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look over the fence of LF and you will see the tallest bldg under construction in the area. It is the apartment block in EL and is right next to the entrance of EL. Use it as a beacon.

you know the exit to Gelang Patah on the way to LF, there is another exit almost immediately after, this one should lead to EL. On the way you'll pass by the newmed school, hit a roundabout, take 3rd exit, (anjung neighborhood centre will be on your left) and you should see the guard house not too far down the same road :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Praying hard this will not happen to my house next year !!

Consistent Leaks In The House - East Ledang

Just wanted to share some leaking problems that we are still facing in our house. We've reported it many times to the developer but all they have done was covered and painted over it. It's super annoying and I know that many neighbours are facing the same issues. Apart from continuously hassling the UEM customer service office, I'm wondering if anyone has successfully gotten UEM to fix these leak issues.........................................................................

for more information @ http://expatjohor.blogspot.com/2011/10/consistent-leaks-in-house.html

I must apologise to all, though i always said your mileage may vary, my quality assessment of both HH and EL are apparently off:

From the same person for East Ledang:

Also, we found out that almost none of the windows are straight and the rendering on the walls are quite soft. Well, actually a lot of things in the house are not straight (from door frames, main entrance, etc) !!!!!!

We thought we could just drill and screw on timber blinds, but the rendering cracked so we had to screw in a length of aluminium angle to reinforce the top of the window opening which is anchored deep into the wall and then attach the Venetian timber blinds clip to the aluminium angle. The benefit of this is straight edge, less screws required to be counter sunk into the wall and we can attach any window finishing to the aluminium.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

A cleaning company actually tried to get the license to operate in HH , the last I heard was still pending but I did not follow up, maybe can check Maint office. I got external cleaning for just RM80 before renting and 3 persons turned up to clean; that is about 3-4 hrs work !

Hi aangsc, actually there is. Look for Grace at maintenance office and ask her for the cleaning contact. She can get you 2 ladies who are their contracted ladies and their boss will send them to your place and pick them up when they are done. Not expensive either.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lastresort is really doing research in details man, maybe by age 30 you'll be having your own seminar teaching ppl about property investments :smile:

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi jasonjst,

The price is a real steal to some, compare to Singapore. I guess it's a relax n slower pace that attracted us to this place. ( but one must understand n take the slow pace n don't complain as this is part of the beauty.) the air are fresh, we wake up with birds greeting us and go to bed with starlights twinkling lullaby . The openess without unwelcome noises., of couse with yr own compound. We could choose to job around it, hold BBQ n hang around into wee hours without worrying about being inconsiderate neighbors, comes new year, some will set fireworks in their bungalows too. Most eat at Gelang Patah or usual place as all of u. For me, my friends n relatives that been to my place, long to go again n again, that's why my SIL decided to buy my next land n built. We have not been there for more than 9 months due to my child PSLE. Maintain part, most employ their in house cleaning services. ( just pass them yr house keys). Hope I have answer some of yr question.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

sanur sis so you're using it as a weekend home for now? :smile:
I like it that your precinct has a theme to it. I think the showhouse was featured in an architecture&design mag![/QUOTE

Hi euPhony,

Guess most of their showhouses featured in their mag., i do not have the chance like most of them here to b able to enjoy it as weekend home, for now it's more of holiday home:(. Cos I have kids to ferry here n there. Am officially the chauffeur.:(

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

Interest leh? They put into the loan gotta charge interest I believe.
If not confirm people dun pay lump sum.

ya..i forgot about your interest bro..cos mine is interest free. :biggrin: if u factor in interest, it will be closer to your figure.

mine MTRA is RM8,000 over 15 years..CIMB Aviva...i think one of the cheapest in the mkt if i am not wrong.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi aangsc, actually there is. Look for Grace at maintenance office and ask her for the cleaning contact. She can get you 2 ladies who are their contracted ladies and their boss will send them to your place and pick them up when they are done. Not expensive either.
Thanks bro for update. So they finally got license to operate , that is good news to residents, hopefully they maintain competitive price. How about gardening is there one license one available as well ? Sorry , was a bit out of touch since I do not visit as often now.

What is your view about development around skudai where the Premium outlet is located ? Any good development spotted there ?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi jasonjst,

The price is a real steal to some, compare to Singapore. I guess it's a relax n slower pace that attracted us to this place. ( but one must understand n take the slow pace n don't complain as this is part of the beauty.) the air are fresh, we wake up with birds greeting us and go to bed with starlights twinkling lullaby . The openess without unwelcome noises., of couse with yr own compound. We could choose to job around it, hold BBQ n hang around into wee hours without worrying about being inconsiderate neighbors, comes new year, some will set fireworks in their bungalows too. Most eat at Gelang Patah or usual place as all of u. For me, my friends n relatives that been to my place, long to go again n again, that's why my SIL decided to buy my next land n built. We have not been there for more than 9 months due to my child PSLE. Maintain part, most employ their in house cleaning services. ( just pass them yr house keys). Hope I have answer some of yr question.

Hi Sanur,
You have not been there for more than 9 months? No wonder you're here in the forum as it's the closest you can get to being there physically :biggrin:
How do you intend to meet Arsenal there if he really PM you as you've offer to let him visit your house?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Sanur,
You have not been there for more than 9 months? No wonder you're here in the forum as it's the closest you can get to being there physically :biggrin:
How do you intend to meet Arsenal there if he really PM you as you've offer to let him visit your house?

Not forgetting it's school holi n I can pre arrange lo. Can make it most weekend now if am in Singapore. My last visit was after the PSLE, 9 months was before that.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would you need to change toilet bowls , sinks and taps ? They are pretty class , I would say better than our BTO flats leh .
:confused:

Jason, some developers provide 'class' ones like yours and LF/EL/Straits view Residences but others don't - so of course must change lah.:smile:

Go view these showrooms, arsenal ... u will see the difference .

Status
Not open for further replies.