• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Faint!,, NI getting crowded Liao , town hall , kindergarten gg to build there n super heavy traffic! If confirm inside NI , I will sell my house once complete. . .
I seriously doubt the traffic will be heavy in NI because there isn't much commercial area there other than the current one opposite the sales office and the business area that they are building next to the sales office. Anyway, a bit more activity would be good like public buses and eateries.

vincentck: hope your wife gets well very soon.

on a slightly different note, it is unfortunate that the diesel is still a low quality in MY when about just about every car manufacturer are producing euro 5 specced engines..
Thanks bro. The mark on her hand seems to be drying up; the doctor says it's nothing serious, doesn't look like cancer and gave her some antiseptic cream to apply.

As for the MY diesel, the transport minister "allowed" the extension for the oil companies to sell Euro4 diesel in 2014; initially was supposed to be 2012. Bummer!

This is the reason why I am hesitant to get a diesel pick-up or car that is more than EURO II compliant since the diesel quality here in MY will likely damage the particulate filters in the EURO IV/V vehicles resulting in poorer fuel consumption, emission and sensor issues...

Also from what I understand, some BMW vehicles are assembled in Pahang which is why the price is lower due to reduced import duty.
From what I know, BMWs are assembled in Kulim and they removed the DPF (diesel particulate filter) to ensure it doesn't get clogged up due to the Euro2 diesel. And yes, locally-assembled cars like the XC60 sells RM60k cheaper than a same CBU unit.

Put paid the desire to have a "Good car" but also a desire to be GREEN!!! I don't know how far this is true BUT I was told that the technology is in place but keeping the fuel low grade so that the fuel can be keep affordable!!!!
Dunno if the Gov wanna wait until Proton can develop diesel engines before they allow Euro IV/V diesel in MY. For SG, it's Euro4 diesel, but the taxes makes it prohibitive to buy a diesel car there, unless one has high usage, like taxis. I believe from the Budget 2012, the road tax for diesel cars has been reduced provided the cars are EuroV compliant.

Just went to Taman Laguna to check it out after bro DoA sharing his purchase; absolutely love the 26' width of the house. They still have corner units for some of the types. I couldn't ask more because the lone Malay sales guy was handling a customer's purchase, so dunno what's the pricing. Might go there again tonight to have seafood. Any restaurant to recommend there, for those who have eaten there?

Bro wuqi, it's hard to find real friends nowadays.... takes more effort now to show others that we still value their friendship, which is also why I think some ppl prefer the convenience of just not showing up. Attended an old friend's wedding 2 weekends ago in KL; prior to that his invitation thru Fb had about 5 friends saying that they will attend. Nearer to the date, 3 updated saying that they cannot go. In the end, only my wife and I attended. The groom was very appreciative; happy that we could be there to share his happiness.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi, it's hard to find real friends nowadays.... takes more effort now to show others that we still value their friendship, which is also why I think some ppl prefer the convenience of just not showing up. Attended an old friend's wedding 2 weekends ago in KL; prior to that his invitation thru Fb had about 5 friends saying that they will attend. Nearer to the date, 3 updated saying that they cannot go. In the end, only my wife and I attended. The groom was very appreciative; happy that we could be there to share his happiness.

Bro, I was once told that a person would consider himself very lucky if he could count his "true friends" in one hand!! Good on you Bro.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got to embrace the reality.. Friendship is also a very dynamic affair.. To lengthen the friendship, better don't have any conflict of interests.. When you are strong, you will have lots of friends that are willing to please you.. When your friends are weak, give them the necessary support.. To make yourself happier, don't expect anything from anyone..including friendship in return..

Just be nice to your friends, and embrace the truth..

Bro, I was once told that a person would consider himself very lucky if he could count his "true friends" in one hand!! Good on you Bro.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Sunday March 18, 2012 MYT 6:03:00 PM

Japanese investors to develop RM500mil "Little Japan" in Johor Baru

JOHOR BARU: Japanese investors plan to develop Malaysia's first "Little Japan" township in Taman Molek here for high net worth ethnic Japanese keen to relocate and make Malaysia their second home.

Global Asia Assets (M) Sdn Bhd (GAAM), an asset-building consulting company for Japanese investors, which is behind the project, hopes to woo 2,000 wealthy Japanese to live, work or do business here within the next few years.

GAAM chief executive officer Fujimura Masanori said since March last year, some 70 Japanese individuals had already relocated here under the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme.

Additionally, 365 Japanese investors have also acquired high-end residential and commercial properties worth more than RM400mil here since January last year and are expected to also move here permanently soon.

"In view of the overwhelming response, we are eager to kick start the "Little Japan" project in Taman Molek where Japanese individuals are expected to invest over RM500mil in landed houses and luxury apartments over the next few years," said Fujimura.

Fukimura was talking to reporters at the Starhill Golf & Country Club in conjunction with a charity golf tournament in aid of the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami last year.

About 50 golfers, including 20-GAAM customers from Japan had flown here to take part in the event.

All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross Society for distribution to needy victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami on March 11 last year.

According to Fujimura, "Little Japan", the first of its kind in Malaysia, would be a self-contained township complete with restaurants, spas, medical facilities and retirement homes for Japanese who want to live and work here.

He noted that the Japanese, who have traditionally avoided investing outside of Japan, have enormous amounts of liquid assets lying dormant in Japanese banks.

Fujimura said the response was very positive with Japanese clients buying up 50 per cent of the 248 high-end condominium units in Molek Pine Tower 3 - a project by the Kuok Group subsidiary, Tanjung Bintang Sdn Bhd, which is marketed under the Berinda brand name.

"The developer, in view of the overwhelming response from Japanese buyers, will refit the units with special Japanese features such as Onsen-Spa facilities, Ofuro (Japanese bathtub) and Zen concept landscaping.

"Our clients have already committed over RM400 million in the purchase of units in various residential schemes in Taman Molek and Taman Ponderosa, which is yet another project by Berinda," he said, adding that GAAM will also manage the property on behalf of its clients.

"Johor Baru's proximity to Singapore, coupled with good infrastructure, fine weather, the Government's commitment to boost safety and security and the virtual absence of natural disasters like earthquakes, makes it an ideal place for Japanese to make it their second home," he said.

These residents, he added, would eventually also open Japanese convenience shops, fine restaurants, dental and medical clinics in partnership with locals, traditional medicine shops and even retirement homes catering not only to Japanese clients, but also Singaporeans and locals.

"They will help create jobs, provide skills training, help promote business and contribute to the local economy and the growth of Johor and Malaysia as a whole," he stressed.

Fujimura is confident the "Little Japan" project will take off in a big way because of rapid development in Johor under Iskandar Malaysia, with international schools and universities and top-notch health and medical facilities all opening here soon. BERNAMA

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
the medicine my father is eating are controlled drugs, they are for parkinson disease and causes hallucination..

therefore i dont know if can get from mypharmacy ..

May I know the name of medication your father is taking? Where he consult his doctor? My mum got parkinson disease too. She is taking madopa only and it is not effective anymore. Would like to know how your father responded to his medicine. Does the medicine help him alot? Thanks.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
speaking of friends, i was showing 2 friends around the whole of today. we had a great time but i also felt sad. they are earnest buyers and the more appealing projects are sold out whilst alternatives were not ideal for a variety of factors. I finally saw in person a resale unit at gateway and golf. A good sized renovation budget is a must. An interesting observation came from an impromptu trip to taman sutera.

I always wanted to visit but was put off by the traffic around the area. today was an exception since i promised to bring my friends around. We braved the traffic anyway and was pleasantly surprised by 1 of the new launches. The design was well directed, the toilet concept was so cool! the glass fencing on the balcony was elegant. the materials (solid timber for the minimalist stairs! nice switches!) were top notch and the finishing was flawless. The double volume space was well executed. minor negatives (some units close to the main road + a single instance of out-of-place-very-60s multi tiered window panes and 0 garden plot) but came away very impressed even though it was bare bones (no ID)! I have not gone into a house to be wowed like that since visiting numerous show houses for a long time.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know the name of medication your father is taking? Where he consult his doctor? My mum got parkinson disease too. She is taking madopa only and it is not effective anymore. Would like to know how your father responded to his medicine. Does the medicine help him alot? Thanks.

Please check out what is currently a huge noise on the net concerning the effectiveness of pure coconut oil on Parkinsons, but even more promisingly, on Alzheimer's.
Worth checking out, when other remedies are not doing as much as hoped, and certainly for the inexpensive and painless possibilities of a natural product.
All good wishes

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I was told that you do not need any approval from the management to renovate the interior of your house. What they need is a deposit.
Approval is needed from management, only for renovation to the exteriorof your house.
Can anyone confirm this. Thanks.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please check out what is currently a huge noise on the net concerning the effectiveness of pure coconut oil on Parkinsons, but even more promisingly, on Alzheimer's.
Worth checking out, when other remedies are not doing as much as hoped, and certainly for the inexpensive and painless possibilities of a natural product.
All good wishes

Thanks, any links that you would recomend?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Was supposed to be up on Genting until this evening. Yesterday heard from my learned neighbour and his good friend about updates on a certain type of property. Called/SMS all the bros who were confirmed and kind of organized things from Genting with the help of my neighbour. Got folks coordinated so one short more than half a dozen took action. Funds got transferred and details were provided. Cut short everything and called it an early night.

Rushed down from Genting all the way back to HH. Didn't even grab a drink or a bite and arrived in HH in 4 hours 15 mins. Changed cars and then got a surprise. Thanks to a certain forummer, i am very grateful for the frying pan. Thanks again.

Went to help in negotiations, wasn't sure if it helped but a barely coherent Wuqi, weak without food and drink went ahead anyway, finally found the place (they changed location at last minute) and negotiated a good price with the developer concerned. In the end, got lucky and everyone saved a 5 figure amount (MYR).

Sometimes a good deed will come back, here is the sequence:

Wuqi helps A, A told Wuqi about opportunities for appreciation in Area Z (for example)
Wuqi shares with B, B asked C (experienced in this field as he is an owner of muliple units) who then went to recce.
B and C then both gave their own experience and Wuqi went to find out more from A.
Developer gave ultimatum to do all negotiations by today as some units were snapped up by early afternoon (at first kind of
felt it was a developer tactic until a few customers showed up and threw cheques.)
Wuqi thought he would be going in alone but luckily C turned up as well at the last moment.
In the end, everyone saved some money and Wuqi and friends bought a good place:smile:

Developer was tough and didn't even want to give stamp duty, legal fees anymore, in the end negotiated, opened up the new phase and saved everyone concerned some money. After our units are gone, no more stamp duty or legal fees.

Its all team effort as everyone helped but was pretty trying to do this especially for the first time to represent a team of investors(i am in IT after all).

Somehow when developer knew i wasn't an agent and i told their guy i didn't want anything, he somehow relented in the end with good terms and more time. He probably also saw i was dead serious from the unshaven fatigued look i had and the cheque book, owner details i brought with me. I guess i probably looked too young to him and he wasn't really interested in talking to me at first, instead talking to C until i asked some questions which finally got his attention. Negotations then begun in earnest.

My sisters are still thinking about this as is another good friend who is going on Wednesday and some who PMed me. Thanks again for all the interest, i will follow up with those who already are going for it. I will pass you the information and you can deal with the developer direct. I have no vested interest in this as we already secured the minimum quorum while i was still up in Genting.

Will negotiate with the banks to secure best deal for all as i am just glad its finally in. Still got some limited seats as i negotiated for spare ones for my family as some of my friends (really admire and grateful for their trust in me) passed me their money without even seeing their units for themselves. One of them didn't even know the developer concerned and i only realised when he asked me today. Things happened so fast, in a blink of an eye, i have now commercial as well as residential lots.

Again, investment is not for everyone but i really salute those who can see a good opportunity and a quick check on the market, made a quick decision. Often, the first answer one gives in a multiple choice question is the best one.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
People always see things differently, what one may see as a hellhole, another may see opportunity. Its the reason why a learned retired Dr always says,

Think different from the common man, not just in thought but in perception for perception guides ones thoughts.

There are some who will balk at even buying a 3-10k MYR 2nd hand car to travel around or even find it too dangerous to walk 5 metres to the bus stop, yet others already bought 3-4 cars and thriving here.

There are also those who will gamble all their money away yet sneer at you when you are doing investment or when you are trying to earn more money saying you are wasting money.

There are those who give up every single time, yet there are those who persist and see things through to the very end. No one cheers the person who gave up right at the start but even the last person is cheered all the way to the end. The only time you start to lose is when you start giving up.

Not referring to those who have financial constraints but to those who are restricted only by their own limited perception (i myself was a victim of this 3 years back)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, I was told that you do not need any approval from the management to renovate the interior of your house. What they need is a deposit.
Approval is needed from management, only for renovation to the exteriorof your house.
Can anyone confirm this. Thanks.

Hi Avonup, yes that is correct. It may differ slightly from developer to developer though. Normally for interior, some may not even care or at most just ask for a token deposit. Its the major ones and normally exterior that they would want a large deposit and a proposed architectural (for really major ones) plan for. I would humbly suggest to get an architect if you are doing major stuff so that the relevant authorities pass it and you don't have future problems in case you are thinking of selling next time. For that matter, always try to pay your cukai harta/tanah asap so that any intention to sell will not be delayed by unsettled taxes.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Really lucky and grateful to have got to know good bros as well as in HH and on this forum.
Always lots to learn more from everyone and i have much more to learn.

Thanks as always for you inputs.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a coincidence! I chanced upon a web forum a few days ago discussing the benefit of virgin coconut oil. Virgin means cold press, ie no heating in extracting oil from coconut. Google virgin coconut oil and you will sure find discussions on the subject. You can even download from youtube how to make the oil. In western countries, the oil is expensive, hence how to DIY is popular. Here it is simple. Go to a wet market in Johor, say Bestmart at Bestari and you can watch fresh coconut milk being prepard which locals use it to cook curry. Yesterday[ i went there to buy at the biig hardware shop grater, filter cloth etc to DIY back in our beloved island for my relatives.
I intend to skip the last step of the process of extracting oil from coconut milk. Even if the medical effect is not noticeable, well, just treat it as a health drink, or eating chendok.
QUOTE=mallow;997280]Please check out what is currently a huge noise on the net concerning the effectiveness of pure coconut oil on Parkinsons, but even more promisingly, on Alzheimer's.
All good wishes[/QUOTE]

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said, bro.

Some related inspirational quotes:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Winners don't quit and quitters don't win.

"As soon as you truly commit to making something happen, the "how" will reveal itself." Tony Robbins

There is no such thing as failure. There are only results. - Tony Robbins

If you can't change your fate, change your attitude. - Amy Tan

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently - Henry Ford

"If you can't face a little failure now, sooner or later you'll face the mother of all failures" - Ed Seykota

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot

People always see things differently, what one may see as a hellhole, another may see opportunity. Its the reason why a learned retired Dr always says,

Think different from the common man, not just in thought but in perception for perception guides ones thoughts.

There are some who will balk at even buying a 3-10k MYR 2nd hand car to travel around or even find it too dangerous to walk 5 metres to the bus stop, yet others already bought 3-4 cars and thriving here.

There are also those who will gamble all their money away yet sneer at you when you are doing investment or when you are trying to earn more money saying you are wasting money.

There are those who give up every single time, yet there are those who persist and see things through to the very end. No one cheers the person who gave up right at the start but even the last person is cheered all the way to the end. The only time you start to lose is when you start giving up.

Not referring to those who have financial constraints but to those who are restricted only by their own limited perception (i myself was a victim of this 3 years back)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
speaking of friends, i was showing 2 friends around the whole of today. we had a great time but i also felt sad. they are earnest buyers and the more appealing projects are sold out whilst alternatives were not ideal for a variety of factors. I finally saw in person a resale unit at gateway and golf. A good sized renovation budget is a must. An interesting observation came from an impromptu trip to taman sutera.

I always wanted to visit but was put off by the traffic around the area. today was an exception since i promised to bring my friends around. We braved the traffic anyway and was pleasantly surprised by 1 of the new launches. The design was well directed, the toilet concept was so cool! the glass fencing on the balcony was elegant. the materials (solid timber for the minimalist stairs! nice switches!) were top notch and the finishing was flawless. The double volume space was well executed. minor negatives (some units close to the main road + a single instance of out-of-place-very-60s multi tiered window panes and 0 garden plot) but came away very impressed even though it was bare bones (no ID)! I have not gone into a house to be wowed like that since visiting numerous show houses for a long time.

Sorry to hear about your friends, there are still some nice gems for own stay but they will have to be fast to consider the various developments.
Thats nice, Sutera side is actually nice but the traffice is a little bad. Design is always good. Can consider this place if you find it suitable.
Actually in terms of design, Laguna's ones are very good actually.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for sharing! :smile:

Well said, bro.

Some related inspirational quotes:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Winners don't quit and quitters don't win.

"As soon as you truly commit to making something happen, the "how" will reveal itself." Tony Robbins

There is no such thing as failure. There are only results. - Tony Robbins

If you can't change your fate, change your attitude. - Amy Tan

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently - Henry Ford

"If you can't face a little failure now, sooner or later you'll face the mother of all failures" - Ed Seykota

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
City&Country: Market braces for slower year

By Lam Jian Wyn of The Edge Malaysia
Sunday, 18 March 2012 00:00

Prices and monthly rentals of homes on the secondary market in Johor Baru remained largely unchanged over the last two quarters of 2011, although certain housing schemes stood out with significant price growth.

The eurozone crisis has dampened buying sentiment somewhat and “the market will remain cautious if the current world economy remains uncertain,” says KGV International Property Consultants Sdn Bhd (Johor) director Samuel Tan when presenting The Edge/KGV International Property Consultants Johor Baru Housing Property Monitor for 4Q2011.

He notes that the market has turned somewhat cautious, as people are becoming more selective because of higher borrowing costs now and a reluctance to commit to bigger-ticket items over concerns about employability in the current uncertain economic climate.

He also lists signs to look out for. “Increased non-performing loans are signs of an unhealthy market. In the primary market, it is another adverse sign when developers start to ‘throw’ prices due to unsold stock. These will be precipitated by a tougher business environment and a higher unemployment or under-employment situation,” says Tan.

According to the sampling in the monitor, home values in Johor Baru remained stable with increases in specific developments that have benefited from improved infrastructure or their proximity to upcoming landmarks, says Tan. New property launches in the vicinity of some of these developments have also propped up prices.

Price growth was noted for the landed homes sampled in the property development hotspot of Tebrau/Kempas. The standard 2-storey terraced homes in Taman Gaya for instance saw a quarterly growth of 7.1% to RM300,000 from RM280,000 in 3Q while similar houses in Taman Setia Tropika rose 3.22% to RM320,000 from RM310,000.

Values of 2-storey semi-detached/cluster homes in most of the selected schemes sampled in Tebrau/Kempas also rose significantly in 4Q including in Taman Gaya and Adda Height, which recorded a 12.5% hike to RM450,000 from RM400,000 in 3Q. In Austin Heights, prices appreciated 5.77% to RM550,000 from RM520,000 and in Taman Setia Indah, prices rose 3.57% to RM580,000 from RM560,000.

Tan attributes this growth to two factors, namely more launches of new properties in the area that have boosted values as well as the area’s popularity among the middle to high-income group, resulting in more transactions.

Meanwhile, monthly rents remained the same as the previous quarter across all types of housing in the sampled areas.

Overall gross yields continued to drop with only a few areas registering very modest growth, in the region of under 1%.

Record launches in 4Q
In the primary market, the Johor property market ended 2011 on a strong note with the most launches in a long time that were largely well received, says Tan.

He attributes this exuberance on the part of developers and buyers to the good sentiment that has buoyed the property market thus far.

“Developers want to catch the overflowing good sentiment before government policies slow things down [like the use of net income to approve loans and the increased loan-to-value ratio],” he says. However, Tan expects a quieter 2012 with developers holding back their launches as tighter banking regulations kick in.

He points out two trends in the market, namely the rise of serviced apartments and condominiums as well as more bungalow and semidee launches.

“Serviced apartments represent a new generation of properties and a new price threshold in the market,” he says.

Most of these are targeted at singletons, young couples or small families, he adds. However, a significant portion of four of the most notable serviced apartments launched in 4Q were snapped up by foreigners, mainly Singaporeans, says Tan.

According to Tan, among the four more significant projects launched are Dijaya Corp Bhd’s Tropez Residences in Tropicana Danga Bay in Iskandar Malaysia; UEM Land Holdings Bhd’s Imperia Condominium in Puteri Harbour and Impiana Resort Apartment in East Ledang, both in Nusajaya; and WCT Bhd’s 1Medini Residences, also in Nusajaya. Their overall take-ups average 65% to 70%, he says, citing reports.

This interest from foreigners and Singaporean buyers may be due to the imposition of a 10% stamp duty on foreigners buying properties in the island republic as well as local buyers who are purchasing their third property, says Tan.

“Some serviced apartments that were launched two years ago have also seen their values go up. For example, [S P Setia Bhd’s] Sky Loft Premium Suites in Bukit Indah and the Sky Gardens Residences in Setia Tropika have risen from RM380 psf on average to RM480 psf,” he says.

Meanwhile, bungalows and semidees are coming up in good addresses, thanks to strong demand for these products as evidenced by the encouraging take-ups of these property-type launches in places such as Taman Seri Austin, Taman Austin Heights and Senibong Cove.

Major announcements and developments
There were a number of significant announcements in 4Q2011. These included RM2.5 billion worth of mixed-use residential and commercial developments, of which two out of three phases will be jointly undertaken by Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) and Qingdao Zhuoyuan Investment Holdings, a subsidiary of China’s Zhouda Real Estate Group.

IIB and Zhouda inked two framework agreements to develop these projects last November. This marked the first time a developer from China had invested in Iskandar Malaysia.

In December, Sunway Bhd announced that it had, via a joint venture (JV) with Khazanah Nasional Bhd, acquired the leases for a period of 99 years for two adjacent parcels measuring 691 acres from IIB for RM745.3 million.

The parcels in Zone F Medini have an estimated GDV of RM12 billion, and the acquisition has boosted Sunway’s landbank in Johor to 755 acres, with a GDV of RM13 billion.

The group will form a JV with Khazanah’s unit, Dayang Bunting Ventures Sdn Bhd, to form Semerah Cahaya Sdn Bhd, which will be responsible for conceptualising, managing, implementing and developing the 691 acres.

“A developer with a good brand going into the area in a big way bodes well for Iskandar Malaysia,” Tan says.

The MRT line linking Malaysia with Singapore is expected to have a station in JB Sentral in Johor Baru
Another positive announcement is the MRT tunnel linking Malaysia with Singapore. According to a report, the line is expected to be an extension of the Thomson line and the stations are expected to be somewhere in JB Sentral and the Republic Polytechnic — representing the Northernmost point of the line in Singapore. The line is expected to be completed by 2018.

In addition, as part of a land swap deal, the Malaysian and Singapore governments have also set up a committee to explore the possibility of relocating factories in Singapore to Iskandar Malaysia.

In November, it was announced that Singaporean businessman Peter Lim and the Johor royal family had inked a deal to acquire a 24.71-acre piece of prime waterfront land to build a medical hub and marina city. Phase 1 will entail the development of a 200-bed hospital, serviced apartments and a mall, says Thomson Medical Pte Ltd. Its subsidiary, Thomson International Health services, will manage the hospital.

“Singaporeans will be coming in a big way once they see Iskandar Malaysia crystallising. 2012 to 2013 is a critical period. It is the ‘tipping point’ where catalystic projects happen,” Tan says.

Meanwhile, 4Q also saw the opening of Johor Premium Outlets (JPO) in Kulai, which sells branded designer goods at a discount. While it is a little quiet on the weekdays, Tan says throngs of shoppers — many of them Singaporeans — visit the place every weekend.

The opening of the stores has boosted the value of homes in the vicinity, thanks to its vibrancy and the opening of the Coastal Highway.

“It is 20 minutes away from the toll after the Second Link Highway. Actually the Coastal Highway was officially opened with the JPO and as a result, a whole stretch of housing schemes have actually gone up in value and are most in demand such as Taman Nusa Idaman and Ledang Heights,” Tan says. Based on the monitor, 2-storey terraced homes in Nusa Idaman in the Nusajaya area rose to RM420 in 4Q from RM350 in 1Q2011.

Other significant announcements include the opening of the new Multimedia University and University of Reading campuses in Iskandar Malaysia, notes Tan.

“It bodes well for Iskandar Malaysia when we see things moving.”

This article appeared in City & Country, the property pullout of The Edge Malaysia, Issue 898, Feb 20-26, 2012

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japanese investors to develop RM500mil "Little Japan" in Johor Baru

JOHOR BARU: Japanese investors plan to develop Malaysia's first "Little Japan" township in Taman Molek here for high net worth ethnic Japanese keen to relocate and make Malaysia their second home.

Global Asia Assets (M) Sdn Bhd (GAAM), an asset-building consulting company for Japanese investors, which is behind the project, hopes to woo 2,000 wealthy Japanese to live, work or do business here within the next few years.

GAAM chief executive officer Fujimura Masanori said since March last year, some 70 Japanese individuals had already relocated here under the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme.

Additionally, 365 Japanese investors have also acquired high-end residential and commercial properties worth more than RM400mil here since January last year and are expected to also move here permanently soon.

"In view of the overwhelming response, we are eager to kick start the "Little Japan" project in Taman Molek where Japanese individuals are expected to invest over RM500mil in landed houses and luxury apartments over the next few years," said Fujimura.

Fukimura was talking to reporters at the Starhill Golf & Country Club in conjunction with a charity golf tournament in aid of the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami last year.

About 50 golfers, including 20-GAAM customers from Japan had flown here to take part in the event.

All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross Society for distribution to needy victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami on March 11 last year.

According to Fujimura, "Little Japan", the first of its kind in Malaysia, would be a self-contained township complete with restaurants, spas, medical facilities and retirement homes for Japanese who want to live and work here.

He noted that the Japanese, who have traditionally avoided investing outside of Japan, have enormous amounts of liquid assets lying dormant in Japanese banks.

Fujimura said the response was very positive with Japanese clients buying up 50 per cent of the 248 high-end condominium units in Molek Pine Tower 3 - a project by the Kuok Group subsidiary, Tanjung Bintang Sdn Bhd, which is marketed under the Berinda brand name.

"The developer, in view of the overwhelming response from Japanese buyers, will refit the units with special Japanese features such as Onsen-Spa facilities, Ofuro (Japanese bathtub) and Zen concept landscaping.

"Our clients have already committed over RM400 million in the purchase of units in various residential schemes in Taman Molek and Taman Ponderosa, which is yet another project by Berinda," he said, adding that GAAM will also manage the property on behalf of its clients.

"Johor Baru's proximity to Singapore, coupled with good infrastructure, fine weather, the Government's commitment to boost safety and security and the virtual absence of natural disasters like earthquakes, makes it an ideal place for Japanese to make it their second home," he said.

These residents, he added, would eventually also open Japanese convenience shops, fine restaurants, dental and medical clinics in partnership with locals, traditional medicine shops and even retirement homes catering not only to Japanese clients, but also Singaporeans and locals.

"They will help create jobs, provide skills training, help promote business and contribute to the local economy and the growth of Johor and Malaysia as a whole," he stressed.

Fujimura is confident the "Little Japan" project will take off in a big way because of rapid development in Johor under Iskandar Malaysia, with international schools and universities and top-notch health and medical facilities all opening here soon. BERNAMA

Status
Not open for further replies.