• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. It is still feasible to live in JB via renting the place you like without much of the exposure of financial risk due to policies vagaries.

been out of action for some time.. as expected.. the posts have grown :biggrin:
long story short, a quick update on my plans moving to jb... we won't be going thru the plan, at least not now.
my wife cannot get over the fact that she needs to wake up even earlier daily for our kids' school, and weekends for eca.
we expect the same routine to go on until at least the kids have started/completed their university..

by then.. if we still wanna live in jb, or other parts of malaysia, we would be renting. exchange rate should still be strong.. :wink:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good in a way. Those Sporeans who bought RM 500k - RM 700k terraces may see their house being sold for over RM 1 million as most residents in places like HH are non-malaysians

would there also be a situation where there won't be any buyer cos the value isn't 1 mil, yet the requirement is minimum 1 mil?
basically the investor will be stuck in a 800k house where locals cannot afford, and foreigners are not eligible?
marking it up 200k to 1 mil will probably not bait foreign buyer cos the value is just 800k.

imo, it is risky to buy properties valued less than 1 mil.. unless of course, for your own stay and not intending/expecting to sell

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The precaution 'Do not leave your valuables in your car' applies everywhere except in heaven. People smashed cars even for cash cards.

the older cashcard readers expose the cashcards.. but in newer ones, the cashcards are inserted directly underneath the reader.
it won't be visible.. anyway, old habit, i still remove it and keep in my glovebox :wink:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
long story short, a quick update on my plans moving to jb... we won't be going thru the plan, at least not now.
my wife cannot get over the fact that she needs to wake up even earlier daily for our kids' school, and weekends for eca.
we expect the same routine to go on until at least the kids have started/completed their university..

by then.. if we still wanna live in jb, or other parts of malaysia, we would be renting. exchange rate should still be strong.. :wink:

aiyo , me so sad to hear abt your decision . but i think your concern is right too . We are in different situations ....
If I am married with kids , I also think its a bit hard to wake up so early to send kids to school unless school starts at 9am ...
But u r welcome to join NI gatherings when my next door neighbour organise it ....
: )

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyo , me so sad to hear abt your decision . but i think your concern is right too . We are in different situations ....
If I am married with kids , I also think its a bit hard to wake up so early to send kids to school unless school starts at 9am ...
But u r welcome to join NI gatherings when my next door neighbour organise it ....

thanks sis for the invite :smile:
no point going thru it when the other half is not going to fully cooperate.. it will be hell.
i got a friend migrated his whole family to australia, only to return 2 yrs later. not cos he got no job, but his wife could not get over the fact she has to DIY on EVERYTHING. no maid, no parent helping, nothing other than the hubby (who needs to drive distance to work).
also she couldn't drive also didn't help their situation.
my friend told me it was so bad that they nearly got divorced..

now they are back into the matrix... and 'happy'... :*:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Welcome back and so sorry to hear about your plans, there are different ideas of the exchange rate long term. I would humbly suggest to share with other relatives if possible, get one and rent out first while the market is still not that expensive.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
would there also be a situation where there won't be any buyer cos the value isn't 1 mil, yet the requirement is minimum 1 mil?
basically the investor will be stuck in a 800k house where locals cannot afford, and foreigners are not eligible?
marking it up 200k to 1 mil will probably not bait foreign buyer cos the value is just 800k.

imo, it is risky to buy properties valued less than 1 mil.. unless of course, for your own stay and not intending/expecting to sell

That might be possible if the property market stagnates and no one buys at all.
People are also smart. If its just around 800k, then owners may either be able
to:

1. Sell it by waiting a while and selling it higher. 2. Offering after market rebate or 3. Throw in renovation, furniture etc.
As it is, most likely if they go ahead with this plan, Iskandar is very likely to be up to 800k only.

The last round of raising from 250k to 500k, there were exactly people who thought like that or worse. There were 3 people who were throwing it just as i got into Johore. One even warned me that one will never see an appreciation. She has stayed in JB close to 20 years and even strongly voiced her opinion all those who went in (back then 3 years ago) will all lose everything.

There is no right or wrong here but people adjust to the market as long as it still makes sense to them.
Again, yes always buy with a view to stay.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
no point going thru it when the other half is not going to fully cooperate.. it will be hell.
i got a friend migrated his whole family to australia, only to return 2 yrs later. not cos he got no job, but his wife could not get over the fact she has to DIY on EVERYTHING. no maid, no parent helping, nothing other than the hubby (who needs to drive distance to work).

100% must require the wife to buy into it. She must buy into it else one would never be 100%.
I am very lucky indeed to have a wife who thinks otherwise.

Yes, immigration is not for everyone, for some not even a weekend home or an alternative place.
Just like the movie Matrix, there are people like Cypher who will enjoy being back into the system.

Not everyone can go unplugged. Agree, for some, the best place is home as no matter where they go,
no other place, not even AU is suitable for them. I definitely respect your decision, a happy wife is a
happy home. Make her unhappy and heaven instantly becomes hell for most men.

Cypher: You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix
is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize?
[Takes a bite of steak]
Cypher: Ignorance is bliss.

People staying in Johore are actively using school buses as well as dedicated transport to send them in to work
and their children to school daily in SG.

I know as one is my neighbour and he is from Germany.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
the older cashcard readers expose the cashcards.. but in newer ones, the cashcards are inserted directly underneath the reader.
it won't be visible.. anyway, old habit, i still remove it and keep in my glovebox :wink:

Yes, always keep it under, never expose the cards just in case no matter where one is.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have 2 children studying. One pri 4 and the other Sec 1. I don't drive. It is true that DIY everything can be tough. Takes a lot of hard work, pre planning and determination to get everything done in daily life. To me it doesn't matter so long as my family is with me.

I'd say give a it little bit more time. Don't give up hope yet. Even trying it out on the weekend is also a good start. Just get the reno done up nicely first.

Good luck!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A good copper pipe lifespan is only 10 years on average.... If you have too many pipes and when it leaks, it is very tough to troubleshoot..
1 to 1 sound like good plan.

Always 1 to 1 for me, thats why we always advocate to do it like that be it aircon, etc. Just get a pump for each individual unit that one installs. That plus the 2nd floor water pump will at least ensure sufficient water pressure.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have 2 children studying. One pri 4 and the other Sec 1. I don't drive. It is true that DIY everything can be tough. Takes a lot of hard work, pre planning and determination to get everything done in daily life. To me it doesn't matter so long as my family is with me.

I'd say give a it little bit more time. Don't give up hope yet. Even trying it out on the weekend is also a good start. Just get the reno done up nicely first.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, not every woman is built like you or Crystal, jogs1, etc. We probably won't need NS if every woman are like this:

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/im...ard-miller-we-can-do-it-rosie-the-riveter.jpg

For some women, washing the dishes already need their maids to do it. They can't get their manicured nails dirty, etc.
Some can hardly be counted on to do anything except to use their husbands money, throw tantrums and take the easy way
out everytime.

Somehow, this made me appreciate my wife more. I really don't know how to count my blessing, all the stuff i did for her
suddenly seems so worth it.

I am going to take my wife to a nice place for Korean dinner (her fav) tonight.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, not every woman is built like you or Crystal, jogs1, etc. We probably won't need NS if every woman are like this:

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/im...ard-miller-we-can-do-it-rosie-the-riveter.jpg

For some women, washing the dishes already need their maids to do it. They can't get their manicured nails dirty, etc.
Some can hardly be counted on to do anything except to use their husbands money, throw tantrums and take the easy way
out everytime.

Somehow, this made me appreciate my wife more. I really don't know how to count my blessing, all the stuff i did for her
suddenly seems so worth it.

I am going to take my wife to a nice place for Korean dinner (her fav) tonight.

Aiyoh, most Singaporean women are not that pampered lah, my friend has maid also wash dishes leh..I see many good wives too who pay for the mortgage, car, children's expenditure, maid, groceries etc

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sorry to hear that, bro. U know I have always hoped that things will work out for u. Don't give up, keep on instilling the idea to her and hope the one day it will change her mind, when the time is right.

Bro wuqi has a point, if possible, commit one now for retirement later is a good idea. Give it a serious thoughts, before things are priced even much more out of reach soon.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u have babies now, And when u have raised them up till such a point when they need to attend school, will u move back to sinkie ar?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe, have to disagree on that. At least 90% of the ladies in my office don't DIY, even on the simplest little things.

They are darn good on make-up DIY tho ... Lol

Aiyoh, most Singaporean women are not that pampered lah, my friend has maid also wash dishes leh..I see many good wives too who pay for the mortgage, car, children's expenditure, maid, groceries etc

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, is this exception or genuine feedback in general? Do u guys face these problems?

damn funny this guy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horizon-Hills-GCC-Nusajaya-Homeowners-Page/182278325136252?sk=wall

Well, here we go AGAIN!. This morning I wais woken up by loud hammering and shouting from building site next door? I looked out our rear widow and the monkeymen had taken down the protective sheet metal wall separating and protecting our property from the construction site. They were fastening stakes onto my retaining wall on my property without asking... Now, we have spent $200k on landscaping and 15 months getting most.. Not all.. Of the defects fixed.. Now these assholes have fucked up my retaining wall! What the fuck is wrong with these freakin morons up here?

There is no fucking respect for anyone's property, no consideration for the potential damage.. Nothing... They just shrug their shoulders like... Oh WTF... Not my problem. Really.. These people are subhumanoids from the cromagnum era...

I'm really tired of constantly dealing with all of this shit.... Every fucking day... Streets are littered with construction debris, nails, metal straps, bricks... No one fucking cares... If Horizon Hills did, they would supervise these morons... But they don't.. No one assumes any responsibility..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow, is this exception or genuine feedback in general? Do u guys face these problems?

Pity this guy, think he is damn sway but there are many ways to handle issues. Going online to complain is just one of them.
Taking pictures, going to management and talk to them is another with further escalation to the press, etc.

Here, being loud and rude is pointless, complaining like Stomp is pointless.

Found that out when i have several fast talking relatives and friends who got rebuffed or even got quoted higher
than normal prices. Basically told to shove off as they don't want their business.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can understand how your wife and most people think. The commute daily is not something very pleasant to do. My wife was against the idea to buy a property here.. Most will think it is a white elephant and dangerous thing to do. One day I just bought my wife to HH... After seeing the landscape and the space, in stead of saying "no no no no no", she said "yes yes yes yes yes".. Instead of choosing the smallest house, she asked for the bungalow and we put the deposit... I need to spend next few days arguing in order to ask her settling for something smaller in between.

I felt that when you are still employed, you dare to buy or rent.. If you are old and without job, you might not rent or buy anything... Maybe your children need to live with you or you need to help looking after your grand children.... At the end, you will still give up and live in singapore... Singapore is a cool place to live, but you need income to live without fear, unfortunately..

I am using my house here as a weekend getaway and have no intention to rent it out. It soundso wasteful and doesn't make any sense, but the view I have last week with flock of birds flying high across the golf course, and the feel of a place to retire in future after all the hard work in singapore, is making myself feel very good.. compare with people buying cars in singapore, buying a house here seem wiser..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.