• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Sam is right. Mercedes are crap. Steve Jobs has to change his every six months.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mercedes are crap, Steve jobs has to change his AMG every 6 months to enjoy the car. But he loves it so much that he keeps changing them. There are some things that reliability just can't compete with, design.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/250000-roadster-proof-of-steve-jobs-genius-20120109-1pr4x.html

$250,000 roadster: 'Proof' of Steve Jobs' genius
Toby Hagon
January 9, 2012 - 3:02PM

Comments 5

<p>

Mercedes-Benz has referenced the late Apple boss Steve Jobs in revealing the new generation of the tech giant’s sports car of choice.

The sixth generation of Steve Jobs’ car of choice has been revealed ahead of the 2012 Detroit motor show – a car the former Apple boss never got to see.

The late Apple chief was mentioned in the formal welcome of the new Mercedes-Benz SL convertible by Daimler chairman Dr Dieter Zetsche.

Speaking at the unveiling of the $250,000-plus sports car, Zetsche made mention of Jobs’ reported purchasing of a new one of Mercedes-Benz’s iconic SL every six months.
Advertisement: Story continues below
The new Mercedes-Benz SL convertible.

The formal welcome of the new Mercedes-Benz convertible.

“Mr Jobs always drove his Mercedes-Benz SL AMG without the Californian licence plates. In part I’m sure because they detracted from the beauty of the car and our designers would certainly agree with that,” said Zetsche, before explaining the real reason.

“Jobs got away with that by exploiting a loophole in California law that gave new car owners up to six months to get permanent plates. To ensure he never technically violated the law he reportedly would get a new Mercedes SL every six months.

“To me that’s all the more proof of the man’s true genius.”

To be fair, Jobs drove the more powerful and more expensive AMG version, but it shares the same basic body as the version that accounts for the majority of sales.

Jobs never saw the latest, all-new Mercedes-Benz SL before he died last October following a battle with cancer; pictures of the car began leaking on the internet in early December before being officially revealed soon after.

The Detroit motor show, which opens this week, is the first opportunity for the public to view the latest version of a car with a heritage dating back 60 years.

The new Mercedes-Benz SL goes on sale in Australia towards the middle of 2012 with a price tag starting from about $250,000.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ah Sam is right. Mercedes are crap. Steve Jobs has to change his every six months

Mercedes are crap, Steve jobs has to change his AMG every 6 months to enjoy the car. But he loves it so much that he keeps changing them. There are some things that reliability just can't compete with, design.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/250000-roadster-proof-of-steve-jobs-genius-20120109-1pr4x.html

Obviously, you don't read properly or read his autobiography, he love Mercedess Benz for the German Engineering & it has no plate, having found a loophole in the traffice ordance system & so that people, can't trace him.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Ah Sam is right. Mercedes are crap. Steve Jobs has to change his every six months

9311f_ht_steve_jobs_car_jef_111028_wg.jpg

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I had a Merc, a 300E W124 and it was a beautiful experience driving it. The maintenance, fuel consumption and road tax at that time was very high. My family members has Beemers, Mercs and Porsche cars and one may like a Beener another a Merc, it all depends on the person.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

You obviously need to find out the definition of sarcasm.

Obviously, you don't read properly or read his autobiography, he love Mercedess Benz for the German Engineering & it has no plate, having found a loophole in the traffice ordance system & so that people, can't trace him.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

You obviously need to find out the definition of sarcasm.

Halsey02 = Lim Hwee Hua?
But in all fairness, he is right to explain, afterall you were formerly a Sinkie

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Windsor said:
I had a Merc, a 300E W124 and it was a beautiful experience driving it. The maintenance, fuel consumption and road tax at that time was very high. My family members has Beemers, Mercs and Porsche cars and one may like a Beener another a Merc, it all depends on the person.

I think many of the reliability problems of German marques are due to outsourcing, mainly to east European and Latin American countries. The main engine components seem to be reliable enough but the peripheral parts are shit.

Last edited:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think many of the reliability problems of German marques are due to outsourcing, mainly to east European and Latin American countries. The main engine components seem to be reliable enough but the peripheral parts are shit.

I guess owners of such marques can live with the slight inconveniences as they have spare cars available. I see many HDB owners with such cars nowadays, some with 7-seater variants even. It is a status symbol here.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Halsey02 = Lim Hwee Hua?
But in all fairness, he is right to explain, afterall you were formerly a Sinkie

is that a good example of an artificial evolution of being a real human being? Ash is a good example of that, every sinkie who wanna be a real human being should take ash as an example.