• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

nightkids

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi nightkids, at least your wife is SPR and working in SG. Something to fall back.

My girlfriend isn't working in SG now and there are a lot more factors for us to consider.

We are just thinking of JB as a viable option.

A lot of friends have told me I am kinda crazy to consider moving to JB cause you need cash and CPF money cannot use.

Get what you mean....... my friends, even my wife says i'm crazy to move to JB.......bcos danger lurks everywhere.....

For me, i consider JB bcos i dislike the system here......paying 300k+ for a 3-room flat, which only leasehold of 99 years.....paying so much for a car which only last 10 years.......opening the flood gates for FTs and making locals tan bo jiak...etc etc

But really must consider properly bcos i'm not young anymore, and once decision is made, that's no return......

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ya loh.....understand that. In fact, before i know about the 10k levy, i intend to put only wifey's name so that i can buy something less than rm500k......

At first i tout can buy MY car and drive into Sin, later realised from LTA website that SGreans cannot drive MY car into SIN......sianz.....

The only things i worried is the traffic jam at the customer......regardless whether is Causeway or 2nd Link....

Can, don't worry. You just need to hire a part/full time driver or ask one of your local neighbours to drive you in when in emergency. Lots of people do that and build up good rapport with neighbours and friends here or do what like the ang mo are doing, bought their own MY car and then hire a MY driver to drive them into SG. First 10 times entry is free, after that must pay S$20 - 25 per entry (5 dollars extra is for ERP wholeday)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Get what you mean....... my friends, even my wife says i'm crazy to move to JB.......bcos danger lurks everywhere.....

For me, i consider JB bcos i dislike the system here......paying 300k+ for a 3-room flat, which only leasehold of 99 years.....paying so much for a car which only last 10 years.......opening the flood gates for FTs and making locals tan bo jiak...etc etc

But really must consider properly bcos i'm not young anymore, and once decision is made, that's no return......

I made the decision, so did lots of other bros here, once you have done your due dilligence, don't look back but make sure to do DUE DILLIGENCE FIRST.

nightkids

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can, don't worry. You just need to hire a part/full time driver or ask one of your local neighbours to drive you in when in emergency. Lots of people do that and build up good rapport with neighbours and friends here or do what like the ang mo are doing, bought their own MY car and then hire a MY driver to drive them into SG. First 10 times entry is free, after that must pay S$20 - 25 per entry (5 dollars extra is for ERP wholeday)

Bro wuqi, hiring a MY driver is a good idea..... in fact i can ask my bro-in-law to stay with me in JB and drive me out using my MY car everyday to work !!!
erm.....but it sort of defeat the purpose leh...... i want to drive my expensive MY car myself.....:(

I made the decision, so did lots of other bros here, once you have done your due dilligence, don't look back but make sure to do DUE DILLIGENCE FIRST.

Ah........so that is the key word..... Nah beh, Horizon Hills don know still have or not.....

Bro wuqi, do you know any new property which is freehold and near the 2nd link?

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually there is a scheme by LTA to allow Singaporean citizens or even PRs to drive a MY registered car into SG but you must be working and have principal address in MY and you can only drive into SG on weekends, all Singapore public holidays and another 28 weekdays in a calendar year. Thus not really applicable if you stay in MY and work in SG daily.

I am thinking of applying for this since I do work in MY but not really high on my list of priorities :smile:

At first i tout can buy MY car and drive into Sin, later realised from LTA website that SGreans cannot drive MY car into SIN......sianz.....

The only things i worried is the traffic jam at the customer......regardless whether is Causeway or 2nd Link....

Asian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, but only from father/mother to son, etc. Else its considered a sale and you will still have to pay the 10k levy regardless.

Thanks Wuqi,
Just went to Setia Eco Garden to have a feel this morning.
The sales lady told me Malaysia properties can only resale to local only.
Is it true?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi,
Just went to Setia Eco Garden to have a feel this morning.
The sales lady told me Malaysia properties can only resale to local only.
Is it true?

Firstly, not Eco Setia if possible. Secondly, no such things unless you are buying bumi lot then yes can only resell to bumi.
I bought at least 3 subsale properties here from Malaysians/Sri Lankans and they were reselling to me. I am clearly a 100%
foreigner.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro wuqi, hiring a MY driver is a good idea..... in fact i can ask my bro-in-law to stay with me in JB and drive me out using my MY car everyday to work !!!
erm.....but it sort of defeat the purpose leh...... i want to drive my expensive MY car myself.....:(

Ah........so that is the key word..... Nah beh, Horizon Hills don know still have or not.....

Bro wuqi, do you know any new property which is freehold and near the 2nd link?

You can drive it in MY? You just need someone to drive you out and back for that stretch.
HH still got but expensive. Still have, EL, NI, etc.

Don't concentrate on the problems, concentrate on the solutions. I have a friend whose IQ
is much higher than mine (mine is only 130 plus) yet until now all his money was in USD FD,
he never listened to any of us and now his USD has dropped from the original 1.63 to 1.26.

Told him to sell company stock when it was at his highest but now dropped then he wants to sell.
Told him to hold now since its so low.

All this while, everyone around him made money whether in SG properties and now JB properties.
He is still thinking and weighing all angles and options. Slight rain only and he will defer his plans
to go out.

Some people, you just cannot help, they are their own worst enemies and will ensure that though
they had large sums of money, they couldn't put it to good use.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Actually there is a scheme by LTA to allow Singaporean citizens or even PRs to drive a MY registered car into SG but you must be working and have principal address in MY and you can only drive into SG on weekends, all Singapore public holidays and another 28 weekdays in a calendar year. Thus not really applicable if you stay in MY and work in SG daily.

I am thinking of applying for this since I do work in MY but not really high on my list of priorities :smile:

Or if you have a business here but that scheme limitation will still apply. I have friends here now from EU countries who purposely did not get PR so that they can drive the MY cars in or those who already have it will hire a local to drive in daily.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw that bro DOA has already replied to you(Thanks bro DOA).
I would suggest here for now though Kuching is even more viable to stretch the dollar but Kuching you need to catch a plane
so unless you are there for long periods of time else flying out everytime may be a hassle to some in the long run.

Walk only when you cannot stay, cross only when you cannot hold, fly only when you cannot crossover.

If you live in Sarawak, may be you could get a job with one of the oil industries companies in Miri. I heard oil exec there chartered plane almost every weekend to fly to Singapore for shopping.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since this is going to be Malaysia's election year, do you think it is wise to wait until after the elections before making a decision whether to buy a property in JB?

Asian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Firstly, not Eco Setia if possible. Secondly, no such things unless you are buying bumi lot then yes can only resell to bumi.
I bought at least 3 subsale properties here from Malaysians/Sri Lankans and they were reselling to me. I am clearly a 100%
foreigner.

Thanks again.
Any reason why not Eco?
Bukit Indah traffic not so good at the moment.

nightkids

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can drive it in MY? You just need someone to drive you out and back for that stretch.
HH still got but expensive. Still have, EL, NI, etc.

Don't concentrate on the problems, concentrate on the solutions. I have a friend whose IQ
is much higher than mine (mine is only 130 plus) yet until now all his money was in USD FD,
he never listened to any of us and now his USD has dropped from the original 1.63 to 1.26.

Told him to sell company stock when it was at his highest but now dropped then he wants to sell.
Told him to hold now since its so low.

All this while, everyone around him made money whether in SG properties and now JB properties.
He is still thinking and weighing all angles and options. Slight rain only and he will defer his plans
to go out.

Some people, you just cannot help, they are their own worst enemies and will ensure that though
they had large sums of money, they couldn't put it to good use.

Learn another new thing from you again Bro Wuqi......

btw, where is EL and NI?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks again.
Any reason why not Eco?
Bukit Indah traffic not so good at the moment.

The surrounding area has at least 20 large attenna/comms tower, etc and the layout of the surrounding area is really favoured by some.
Proximity wise its closer to SG though. Some "masters" were taken to the place by locals, none, repeat none of them said the place can buy.

Insider information also seems to indicate likewise. Again, this is personal preference and may not be accurate.

Back then, i informed others not to buy certain properties by a developer, of course they still went ahead anyway. Then you start to see comments from them that they are selling as its not ideal due to the very reasons i raised. Then they sold and some even became my neighbours.

To each his own, everyone (including myself) is entitled to making our own mistakes. No one is 100% right and any kind of guidance provide is just a reference point, i can well be wrong.