• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
No apologies at all but really thank you so much for thinking so highly, most of my relatives certainly don't. Including one who earns a gargantuan 12k and shouts at us almost everytime she sees us. She also never greet my mother and father though she is a "wan bei" making me lose the respect i had for a ex president scholar. Gives them a real bad name. Is the worth and character of an individual measured by his pay? Then some of us are way more worthy than some ex president scholar who don't even know common courtesy to greet ones elders.

He was fine in the beginning but not so good at the end towards his friends and allies.

Sun Wu, Fan Li are those who, after knowing the deed is done and that being at the top is not their priority, knew when to quit and faded away from the reigns of power. Those who do not know when to quit when the work is done are those who are destined to have bad names after they are gone.

Wu Zi Xu, Fan Zeng are those who thought to keep on helping but what happened to them in the end but sorrow. In context of Han dynasty, Xiao He was lucky but not for Han Xin. Even Xiao He had to live under Gaozu's constant suspicion until the day he passed on.

I don't know much history but using it to compare against the events of this world, lets one glean a deeper insight and understanding.

Indeed, my view of Chinese history and culture changed drastically after my initial attempt to understand it(still very shallowly though). Yi Ching is regarded as some representation of the origin of Chinese philosophies. I read that sages like Laozi, Kongzi, Mengzi drew their inspiration from Yi Ching. All these philosophies together with Buddhism guided Chinese live to large extent for thousand of years. I was amazed at the profoundness, wealth and sophistication of these ancient philosophies. I would think it would be a great loss if I have not gleaned from these philosophies and other subsequent classics the wisdom and lessons to enrich life. Of course we could learn from philosophies of other cultures too.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LEGOLAND ALERT: 16 APRIL DEADLINE!

The discounted pre-opening tickets for Legoland can only be bought until 16 April!

Operations are due to begin in the last quarter of this year.

The Pre-Opening Annual Pass will be valid from the opening day until 31.12.2013.

Go to their website at www.legoland.com.my if in Singapore - you can try it also from Malaysia, but the link is iffy. If in Malaysia you can also use this link: http://redtix.airasia.com/Events/Legoland/

Thanks for the reminder Mallow.

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not expert but these are my personal experience, there are also other places like EL as well:

thanks wuqi for ur suggestion & advice.
here are the details of property we had seen, its in golf precinct, 3 story semi-d facing golf (not great view of the golf, only end corner of the golf is visible) and very near to New Costal Highway. Although traffic is not at its peak, but voice of the vehicles crossing by was clearly & loud. it has price tag of 1.6m (exclude stamp duty/legal fees, renovation cost, etc)
basically there is no choice left, all others sold out :(
is it worth waiting for another launch (which is not know yet)

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Just to share. had a rather interesting 2 days in JB. Started off Friday 7am from home and got stuck 2 hours on 2nd link Malaysia side. Decided to cut short and come back Saturday in order to miss expected Sunday's jam.

Went to Persada. Achieved objective to understand what is possible in JB and to manage expectations of budget. A lot is possible. I did not realise until now that the kitchen would be one of the most complex because of the coordination with the plumber and electrician and if I choose to, the appliance providers as well. Seems best prices can only be had at the Persada period. Next round will make serious downpayments. Many brochures to study. Recommend everyone to make at least 2 trips to the Home Fairs which happens three times a year. First for homework, second and third for purchases.

Bought latest copy of the Edge Malaysia. An article says that the Msia Gov will compensate MRCB since they lose rights to toll Malaysians using the EDL. The compensation includes to toll all Singapore cars but the irony is that 30k Johoreans cross border daily to work in Singapore and they will be the worst hit as they are the main bulk driving Singaporen cars into & out of Malaysia because they cannot drive Malaysian cars into Sg if they are working in Sg. (Things the Msia Gov do to punish its own people) I wonder why the Gov has to make it so complicated. The Gov should just buy the EDL and open to public foc as part of the promotion budget of Iskandar.

I drove the long way to the Johor Premium Outlet (JPO) via Senai & Skudai Highways and go via Indahpura. Boy, then I realised why they come up with the concept of Iskandar. Is a collection of many many towns like Pulai, Saleng, Kulai, Senai etc (not satellites to JB) plus new towns coming up like Genting's Indahpura. The potential and activity within Iskandar is vast (Wuqi, I understand Senai now...). Lets hope the politicians don't screw it up with and after the upcoming elections. Signboards still got much to improve. I used a Map, not GPS.

JPO was much better than I expected. Had fun. Prices were good and food in some outlets were tempting. Maybe because I went at night after rain... make sure you carry at least 3 RM1 notes as thats' all the machine accepts and no one to negotiate with.

On way back today swung buy HH and noticed a TM mobile truck setup to help people with broadband connectivity.

At the Shell station (Gelang Patah R&R) closest to the toll heading towards Singapore, was nasty surprise to learn at the pump that their Ron97 is 3.10/ltr when others selling at 2.90/ltr. Will note to avoid this station next time, and switch to Esso Mobil next door.

Only thing I did not do was to wash my car. Just as well, it was raining dogs and cats. Singapore roads were nice on this relatively quiet Saturday....

Well have a happy easter and a good week ahead.

Last edited:

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was in JB yesterday and guessed timing was good, cleared Causeway in like 15 mins. Then wanted to try EDL but decided to check out eastern side first and happy to find out that the East Coast Coastal highway is up as well, all the way to Sierra Perdana (15mins drive) but the last stretch to Pasir Gudang still blocked. The traffic has like increased 10 x before the highway was completed. So they say, build it and they will come.

Then headed to Tebrau City and from Permas Jaya and traffic still quite bad. Thought EDL supposed to relieve traffic here?

From Tebrau, then went to Taman Laguna to try out the seafood. Unfortunately stomach starting acting up so while my family enjoyed dinner, I was off in the toilet vomitting. I like the ambience of the place though - Restoran Asli was like so super crowded so we opted for the less crowded Restoran Kah Lin. Can really see Singapore from here. Bro DOA, guess you can really row sampan home. Submarine a bit too much especially low tide, where to hide it? haha

From Taman Laguna, used the open Coastal Highway back to CIQ in 10mins and then cleared Causeway in another 15mins. Was glad that we didn't have jam both ways. Wah if everyday is like that, I might well consider commuting liao...

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's great bro. Nothing is better than seeing things with your own eyes, instead of just merely referring to reading materials or words of mouth. Glad it was a pleasant experience and sounds like you will join our club soon :wink:

Hi all,

Just to share. had a rather interesting 2 days in JB. Started off Friday 7am from home and got stuck 2 hours on 2nd link Malaysia side. Decided to cut short and come back Saturday in order to miss expected Sunday's jam.

Went to Persada. Achieved objective to understand what is possible in JB and to manage expectations of budget. A lot is possible. I did not realise until now that the kitchen would be one of the most complex because of the coordination with the plumber and electrician and if I choose to, the appliance providers as well. Seems best prices can only be had at the Persada period. Next round will make serious downpayments. Many brochures to study. Recommend everyone to make at least 2 trips to the Home Fairs which happens three times a year. First for homework, second and third for purchases.

Bought latest copy of the Edge Malaysia. An article says that the Msia Gov will compensate MRCB since they lose rights to toll Malaysians using the EDL. The compensation includes to toll all Singapore cars but the irony is that 30k Johoreans cross border daily to work in Singapore and they will be the worst hit as they are the main bulk driving Singaporen cars into & out of Malaysia because they cannot drive Malaysian cars into Sg if they are working in Sg. (Things the Msia Gov do to punish its own people) I wonder why the Gov has to make it so complicated. The Gov should just buy the EDL and open to public foc as part of the promotion budget of Iskandar.

I drove the long way to the Johor Premium Outlet (JPO) via Senai & Skudai Highways and go via Indahpura. Boy, then I realised why they come up with the concept of Iskandar. Is a collection of many many towns like Pulai, Saleng, Kulai, Senai etc (not satellites to JB) plus new towns coming up like Genting's Indahpura. The potential and activity within Iskandar is vast (Wuqi, I understand Senai now...). Lets hope the politicians don't screw it up with and after the upcoming elections. Signboards still got much to improve. I used a Map, not GPS.

JPO was much better than I expected. Had fun. Prices were good and food in some outlets were tempting. Maybe because I went at night after rain... make sure you carry at least 3 RM1 notes as thats' all the machine accepts and no one to negotiate with.

On way back today swung buy HH and noticed a TM mobile truck setup to help people with broadband connectivity.

At the Shell station (Gelang Patah R&R) closest to the toll heading towards Singapore, was nasty surprise to learn at the pump that their Ron97 is 3.10/ltr when others selling at 2.90/ltr. Will note to avoid this station next time, and switch to Esso Mobil next door.

Only thing I did not do was to wash my car. Just as well, it was raining dogs and cats. Singapore roads were nice on this relatively quiet Saturday....

Well have a happy easter and a good week ahead.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello morning bro. Sounds ideal and perfect, isn't it, if the traveling would always be so smooth like a breeze :wink: it's still do-able on some days, just not weekdays :p

That's some coverage of the roads u had travelled yesterday. The coastal highway near Sierra perdana hasn't fully opened yet. Maybe it'll improve but u r right, a lot of developments there are selling like hotcakes now, with the opening of the EDL. So, the volume of traffic will increase, similarly applying to BDO and ST, where the take up rates have increased so much, as shared by some learned bros here.

Hey, sorry for your dinner but now that u have found the way to get there, I don't think anything would stop u re-visiting right? What was the feedback by your family? Is kah Lin the one at the furthest in? What was the damage to the wallet and what did u have? I have yet to try the other 2 restaurants. I would give the first one a miss, but will try the one on the furthest in, next time, as some fellow bros and sis here recommended :smile: yup, in terms of customers, the other 2 restaurants had clearly "No fight"!

Ohhhh ... I dont illegal park my submarine. There is a berthing at danga bay marina. It's still free at the moment (I think), so even if it's low tide, it will be at proper bays :biggrin: yah, on this note, my heart turns sour, thinking and wishing how I wish I could live like the rich does ...

So, what's the latest of your house hunting? :smile:

Was in JB yesterday and guessed timing was good, cleared Causeway in like 15 mins. Then wanted to try EDL but decided to check out eastern side first and happy to find out that the East Coast Coastal highway is up as well, all the way to Sierra Perdana (15mins drive) but the last stretch to Pasir Gudang still blocked. The traffic has like increased 10 x before the highway was completed. So they say, build it and they will come.

Then headed to Tebrau City and from Permas Jaya and traffic still quite bad. Thought EDL supposed to relieve traffic here?

From Tebrau, then went to Taman Laguna to try out the seafood. Unfortunately stomach starting acting up so while my family enjoyed dinner, I was off in the toilet vomitting. I like the ambience of the place though - Restoran Asli was like so super crowded so we opted for the less crowded Restoran Kah Lin. Can really see Singapore from here. Bro DOA, guess you can really row sampan home. Submarine a bit too much especially low tide, where to hide it? haha

From Taman Laguna, used the open Coastal Highway back to CIQ in 10mins and then cleared Causeway in another 15mins. Was glad that we didn't have jam both ways. Wah if everyday is like that, I might well consider commuting liao...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did u not check with the sales office of what's in the pipelines? The recent launch of the greens suggested that they will go for middle price range project, in view of the demands and the economic sentiments. Many reports have indicated that the demand for high-end properties will slow down. So, I guess it depends on what type of properties you intend to purchase, and if such properties will be launched in the immediate future ....

thanks wuqi for ur suggestion & advice.
here are the details of property we had seen, its in golf precinct, 3 story semi-d facing golf (not great view of the golf, only end corner of the golf is visible) and very near to New Costal Highway. Although traffic is not at its peak, but voice of the vehicles crossing by was clearly & loud. it has price tag of 1.6m (exclude stamp duty/legal fees, renovation cost, etc)
basically there is no choice left, all others sold out :(
is it worth waiting for another launch (which is not know yet)

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with this approach. I also visited to gain understanding, collect brochures a long the way and shortlist/compile price list and quality. This will avoid last min rush, checking here and there, and worst still, not knowing what and where to look for stuffs.

Indeed, many good exhibitors there. Again, this is from the point of view of someone (yes, me) whom has no idea about anything about Renovation etc. So, what appears good to our eyes might not be relevant to those experienced bros here, whom have gone through the entire process. So, readers' discretion is advised :smile:

Btw, I think HOMEFAIR is only twice a year :smile: and btw, I even bought something (small) from Dehub, which is a company selling those high suction power gadgets.

www.dehub.com.my

I was also impressed by Teka ranges of products. Really loved their quality and styles.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday went to homefair as well.. Think it is a good place to get contacts.. I have tried HongLee and classy.. HongLee quality and service is very good.. Classy is affordable and fast.. If you are going for some simple kitchen, classy is fine, rather than getting some IDs whose kitchen you don't know they get from anywhere...

Oh boy.. Bought some some water filtering system because wife think the sales lady very cute and sell very hard(lucky it is not me).. So going through my expenses this early morning... Wow I have far exceeded my overall budget... Still haven't bought fridge, tv and washing machine yet..

Now I am think if I want to take up the golf membership..because playing in HH is very expensive and not nice for if i bring guests unless I pay for them all the time....and I don't have time.. What a waste..

I agree with this approach. I also visited to gain understanding, collect brochures a long the way and shortlist/compile price list and quality. This will avoid last min rush, checking here and there, and worst still, not knowing what and where to look for stuffs.

Indeed, many good exhibitors there. Again, this is from the point of view of someone (yes, me) whom has no idea about anything about Renovation etc. So, what appears good to our eyes might not be relevant to those experienced bros here, whom have gone through the entire process. So, readers' discretion is advised :smile:

Btw, I think HOMEFAIR is only twice a year :smile: and btw, I even bought something (small) from Dehub, which is a company selling those high suction power gadgets.

www.dehub.com.my

I was also impressed by Teka ranges of products. Really loved their quality and styles.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday went to homefair as well.. Think it is a good place to get contacts.. I have tried HongLee and classy.. HongLee quality and service is very good.. Classy is affordable and fast.. If you are going for some simple kitchen, classy is fine, rather than getting some IDs whose kitchen you don't know they get from anywhere...

Oh boy.. Bought some some water filtering system because wife think the sales lady very cute and sell very hard(lucky it is not me).. So going through my expenses this early morning... Wow I have far exceeded my overall budget... Still haven't bought fridge, tv and washing machine yet..

Now I am think if I want to take up the golf membership..because playing in HH is very expensive and not nice for if i bring guests unless I pay for them all the time....and I don't have time.. What a waste..

For the guests , they can book thru sg golf agent called oscar . Min must hv 3 balls . Usually weekdays n sun afternoon is cheap.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro gunner, was it nesh u saw (the one with penguin - very cute)? Or was it the other one, where there is hot and cold water dispenser + filter (by coway)?

Hong lee has quite a big booth there. Lots of customers too ...

Bro, from my observation, electrical appliances at home fairs are the last thing I would get. The prices are the same as the shops outside, some even cheaper outside for the same items ... Just my findings :smile:

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the guests , they can book thru sg golf agent called oscar . Min must hv 3 balls . Usually weekdays n sun afternoon is cheap.

Cheaper than booked directly as member' s guests right.. Member has no privilege
, just have to pay more..

Yes, I got nesh.. This I bought without doing any research.. How is it? Can drink right?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can drink la, I'm sure haha, nothing worse from drinking from tap :p But I have reserve on the ozone thingy, killing smells and bacteria without even the need of using hand wash detergent. So, I came home, did some research but I won't share la, since u have bought it. In short, nesh is not as receptive by those residents in KL. They mainly go with amway, coway, pana sonic or bacfree. Having said that, the water there is full of m&d/sands, so maybe nesh doesn't do as good a job on this, hence lowly ranked by them.

I find that water in JB is still decently clean, as in not brown nor smelly, so nesh might be popular in jb?

Based on the price, look, system and quality of coway and nesh I saw at their booths, I would go with coway, if I was to buy it without research. They even poured a cup for me to drink.

Sorry hor bro, just my honest feedback, since u and crystal asked.

Cheaper than booked directly as member' s guests right.. Member has no privilege

Yes, I got nesh.. This I bought without doing any research.. How is it? Can drink right?

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes , cheaper than member's guest. That's y most of us not keen to membership and can go diff courses to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.