• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just now went to see my ni house progress, not much progress after 2 weeks.
Actually e cw link interchange is still quite a distance fr ni , I mis estimated e distance. So need worry congested .Hahha

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Setia Eco Garden today and there was a few terrace units from the older precincts that are opened up for sale to international buyers. The sale price was also based on the original package with a discount from the offer price and various fees absorbed (MOT, loan, legal)

I had a look at the Liviana (http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_eco_garden/property-for-sale-liviana.htm) on site where 2 corner units were available with nice 30-ft space for a garden. They were OK and would have committed to one of them. But I asked if there was anything else open to foriegners.

I was told there is a corner (last) unit of the Alphenor (http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_eco_garden/property-for-sale-alphenor.htm) that is also available and immediately asked to have a look. Although it is North facing and subject to afternoon sun, the view is great. It also has about 25-ft space for a nice garden. Anyway, this unit is now no longer available because I had signed the booking form :-) Signing of SPA will be in a month's time which is great as that will likely be before any increase in the government levy that looks to be quite certain according to the sales folks from SP Setia.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual Screwaporeans get screwed by the MY govt. nothing new. But come to think about it, its NOTHING compared to what we are experiencing back home.

i for one is grateful to the Msian govt for offering me a chance to retire early. I always count my savings,...eh um,..sorry blessings. haha.

cheers.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Setia Eco Garden today and there was a few terrace units from the older precincts that are opened up for sale to international buyers. The sale price was also based on the original package with a discount from the offer price and various fees absorbed (MOT, loan, legal)

I had a look at the Liviana (http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_eco_garden/property-for-sale-liviana.htm) on site where 2 corner units were available with nice 30-ft space for a garden. They were OK and would have committed to one of them. But I asked if there was anything else open to foriegners.

I was told there is a corner (last) unit of the Alphenor (http://www.spsetia.com.my/setia_eco_garden/property-for-sale-alphenor.htm) that is also available and immediately asked to have a look. Although it is North facing and subject to afternoon sun, the view is great. It also has about 25-ft space for a nice garden. Anyway, this unit is now no longer available because I had signed the booking form :-) Signing of SPA will be in a month's time which is great as that will likely be before any increase in the government levy that looks to be quite certain according to the sales folks from SP Setia.

congrats bro on taking your first step towards an alternate but more liberating lifestyle. I would have assumed you have done all your homework bro cos SEG is located quite far in. That said, its truly a nice place with tons of greenery and fresh air.

cheers.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
congrats bro on taking your first step towards an alternate but more liberating lifestyle. I would have assumed you have done all your homework bro cos SEG is located quite far in. That said, its truly a nice place with tons of greenery and fresh air.

cheers.

Thanks yonglip. The greenery and fresh air is precisely why I looked at Eco Gardens. This property is to be my retirement home. I have tolerated for too long the cramped environment in Singapore which is getting worse. Anyway, the big shopping malls and other emnities are really not too far away at Bukit Indah.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
taking about housing security a few posts back. let me attach the academia knowledge about how secure tech devices (even cars) really are. not for the faint hearted...

[video=youtube;metkEeZvHTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=metkEeZvHTg[/video]

Last edited:

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear all,

i am new to this forum and looking forward to purchasing a home in Nusajaya. Have gone through this thread and seems like NI & HH are the only possibilities. Although manage to find details regarding HH, but couldnt locate any wesite related to NI. Seeking advice from the experts here to let me know where is the Nusa Idaman sales office and how it can be reached from Singapore or from bukit indah. unable to find any website related to Nusa Idaman project details.

cheers!
homeinjb

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa duta to be precise. The next stop was gonna be HH but I saw no point dealing with that agency anymore so I left ...

Dear Bro DREAMorACTION,

Which porperty project are you referring to? Horizon Hills or Nusa Duta?
I have a bad experience with the agent you mentioned as well, Not only KC, but also his colleagues from the same company O*P Realty. JY, IK are a few names. They just simply shout the price. Imagine a property selling at 600K in January becomes 650K in February. They blamed it on the owner but the actual fact is, the valuation of the property comes back only at around 500K. The onwer is another problem, when one advertisement shows a higher price, all of them follow. The asking price does not reflect the actual price of the property.

I urged fellow brothers to becareful when dealing with agent. As mentioned before, it is best to purchase it directly from the developer. If no choice, then only got for subsale. Sorry for being harsh, but I would not recommend the above agents to anyone.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Quite a distance. The population at indah 2 will increase significantly soon. Another service apartment opposite the terminate will be launched soon, in addition to horizon residence that's under construction

Just now went to see my ni house progress, not much progress after 2 weeks.
Actually e cw link interchange is still quite a distance fr ni , I mis estimated e distance. So need worry congested .Hahha

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, once u see panel bankers sitting at the sales office, it would mean that the bank has assessed the market value of the launch price and ready to provide loan facilities based on the launch price. It saves so much hassles and no valuation report is needed. Also in another word, there is no point visiting banks that u dont see at the sales office, because they will come back with hundred and one excuses to delay your application, and due to the deadline of 14 days to pay the down payment, one can only go with the panel bankers at sales office.

So for those that are going toall the banks to submit application, don't waste time. This is speaking from experience. Cheers

Dear Bro DREAMorACTION,

Which porperty project are you referring to? Horizon Hills or Nusa Duta?
I have a bad experience with the agent you mentioned as well, Not only KC, but also his colleagues from the same company O*P Realty. JY, IK are a few names. They just simply shout the price. Imagine a property selling at 600K in January becomes 650K in February. They blamed it on the owner but the actual fact is, the valuation of the property comes back only at around 500K. The onwer is another problem, when one advertisement shows a higher price, all of them follow. The asking price does not reflect the actual price of the property.

I urged fellow brothers to becareful when dealing with agent. As mentioned before, it is best to purchase it directly from the developer. If no choice, then only got for subsale. Sorry for being harsh, but I would not recommend the above agents to anyone.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. Every country screw foreigners except singapore where the govt always like to screw its own kind. I want to be a PR in singapore, at least I will be treated as talent.

As usual Screwaporeans get screwed by t its he MY govt. nothing new. But come to think about it, its NOTHING compared to what we are experiencing back home.

i for one is grateful to the Msian govt for offering me a chance to retire early. I always count my savings,...eh um,..sorry blessings. haha.

cheers.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its ok lah. After the CLOB case, what its new? Compare with the ERP and parking fees we have to pay everyday, it is ok lah..

Yeah, I have stated this possibility last month in this forum.. that they charge only Singapore registered cars but there are forummers who think otherwise as Malaysia government depends on Sinkie for a living. When I read the paper, the government claimed that when they disallow Singapore cars to pump RON 95, Singapore visitors still flock to Johor Bahru. So now they are proceeding to screw Singaporeans and leave the Malaysians alone as Singaporeans cannot vote for UMNO ma

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When singaporeans stop visiting JB, they might revert their policies.. Lets not buy any more property and stop visiting JB.

As usual Screwaporeans get screwed by the MY govt. nothing new. But come to think about it, its NOTHING compared to what we are experiencing back home.

cheers.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. Every country screw foreigners except singapore where the govt always like to screw its own kind. I want to be a PR in singapore, at least I will be treated as talent.

Every country govt scared of losing votes mah but in SG no such worry becos got GRC.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
When singaporeans stop visiting JB, they might revert their policies.. Lets not buy any more property and stop visiting JB.

Not to say completely stop going but to reduce the frequency loh... Eg used to go 4-5 times a mth, if the news is true, then will cut to 1-2 times.., buy less and eat less loh!

Actually they screw themselves too what, we go in less, spend less, they lose business also what!
So in the end it's the JB economy that is screwed..

Cry or laugh now???:confused::*:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
They even killed many of their own businessEs in the JB city with the introduction of the new CIQ. So, I think no one would be spared ...

Not to say completely stop going but to reduce the frequency loh... Eg used to go 4-5 times a mth, if the news is true, then will cut to 1-2 times.., buy less and eat less loh!

Actually they screw themselves too what, we go in less, spend less, they lose business also what!
So in the end it's the JB economy that is screwed..

Cry or laugh now???:confused::*:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.