• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gruesome accident at Tampines St 45 T JUNCTION - RIP

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Leongsam that it is better for one to actively go help the family of the victims in anyway one could, or if one believes, say a quiet prayer for the bereaved. Sometimes public condolences became something meant for oneself.

If anyone here has any information now one could donate a little gift to the bereaved please post here as it will be particularly beneficial for those of us overseas, thank you in advance.
A lot of people are already helping them. The best the rest can do is to help prevent such an accident from happening. Don't let the boys die in vain. This should be a wake up call to pap to seriously ratchet up the penalties for causing road kills, as well as to implement all viable measures to improve road safety.

This accident occur in a suburb area at a traffic junction near a school with lots of pedestrians and cyclists. No excuse whatsoever for the lorry driver for reckless driving. Obviously reckless driving penalties are way too lenient to inculcate poor driving habits in Singapore.

With cheap cost of CCTV nowadays, the traffic police ought to put surveillance cam around the island to actively nab errant drivers, even if no accident occur. This will keep all drivers on their toes all the time.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Leongsam that it is better for one to actively go help the family of the victims in anyway one could, or if one believes, say a quiet prayer for the bereaved. Sometimes public condolences became something meant for oneself.

If anyone here has any information now one could donate a little gift to the bereaved please post here as it will be particularly beneficial for those of us overseas, thank you in advance.

yes, agree......its about time we helped fellow singaporeans rather than.....

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
xcoM4Ar.jpg

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How on earth do you recover from such a lose?

inconsolable loss
irreparable grief
no words can describe the catastrophe
only comfort and kind words will help to reduce the pain
public sympathy and empathy will go a long way
time will heal the wound and the profound sorrow
it's grim reminder to all of us
don't take our life here for granted
life is one sudden mockery and one sudden swing

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i hope the bereaved parents will recover from this this tragedy
time will heal everything....:(

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A lot of people are already helping them. The best the rest can do is to help prevent such an accident from happening. Don't let the boys die in vain. This should be a wake up call to pap to seriously ratchet up the penalties for causing road kills, as well as to implement all viable measures to improve road safety.

This accident occur in a suburb area at a traffic junction near a school with lots of pedestrians and cyclists. No excuse whatsoever for the lorry driver for reckless driving. Obviously reckless driving penalties are way too lenient to inculcate poor driving habits in Singapore.

With cheap cost of CCTV nowadays, the traffic police ought to put surveillance cam around the island to actively nab errant drivers, even if no accident occur. This will keep all drivers on their toes all the time.

I agree watchman that the government should relentlessly improve road safety for all road users un any way particularly for cyclists. A lot of education too is required for all these to happen. But then I still feel that children should not be allowed to be on roads use for motor vehicles.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
P1-Jan29-Tuesday222.jpg

01998e19.jpg

:(:(:(:(

TNP PHOTO: Jeremy Long Two brothers, aged 13 and 7, were killed in a fatal accident in Tampines at about 5.40pm yesterday afternoon.

The older boy was cycling, with his younger brother riding pillion, across Street 45 towards Dunman Secondary School when they were hit by a cement truck turning into the junction.

One of them was killed on the spot. A witness saw the other boy, who was severely injured, trying to get up before collapsing again. He didn’t move after that.

Singapore Civil Defence Force paramedics pronounced them dead at the scene. The 56-year-old driver was arrested at the scene for causing death by a rash act.

Last edited:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cement mixer, tipper drivers are paid by trip.More trip more money. If any bros pass through west coast highway, you can see all this monster lorry speeding like there's no tomorrow. Agreed that something must be done to prevent this kind of incident happening again.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the purpose of posting these cruel heartwrenching pictures here? Will they make the family and friends of those 2 boys feel better? Isnt the thought of it already sick enough?

Mock and censor me all you want but this is sensationalist bullshit.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cement mixer, tipper drivers are paid by trip.More trip more money. If any bros pass through west coast highway, you can see all this monster lorry speeding like there's no tomorrow. Agreed that something must be done to prevent this kind of incident happening again.

yes, driving along this stretch of west coast highway and also along that stretch of aye nearby is damned dangerous!!!...these heavy vehicles are speeding!!!!!!!!!!! the cement mixer can just topple and bury you and your car!!!!!!!!!!!

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree watchman that the government should relentlessly improve road safety for all road users un any way particularly for cyclists. A lot of education too is required for all these to happen. But then I still feel that children should not be allowed to be on roads use for motor vehicles.
Some families are poor, both parents have to work and can't afford maids. I don't see why school kids should be disallowed to cross the roads, especially pri 3 upwards and in suburb areas.

Drivers used to be mindful of other road users, but I note that in past decade, the penalties on reckless driving is too lax thus leading to really bad driving behaviour.

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the purpose of posting these cruel heartwrenching pictures here? Will they make the family and friends of those 2 boys feel better? Isnt the thought of it already sick enough?

Yar agree with you. What value other than to sell papers. :(

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please have some respect for the victims and remove the pictures of the dead bodies.
Thank you.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some families are poor, both parents have to work and can't afford maids. I don't see why school kids should be disallowed to cross the roads, especially pri 3 upwards and in suburb areas.

Drivers used to be mindful of other road users, but I note that in past decade, the penalties on reckless driving is too lax thus leading to really bad driving behaviour.

i totally agree. the social milieu has changed. we have lost something i would call social concern and care. in the past, we are more careful and more forgiving...more patient and more concerned with the welfare and well being of our fellow singaporeans. we have lost it. that kampung spirit has been lost with the massive influx of non-singaporeans...

you just look around you...you can see a very hostile and a very indifferent social milieu...sad. this place has also become more dirty,more filthy and more congested like sardines. nobody seems to stop and care anymore!!!

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i totally agree. the social milieu has changed. we have lost something i would call social concern and care. in the past, we are more careful and more forgiving...more patient and more concerned with the welfare and well being of our fellow singaporeans. we have lost it. that kampung spirit has been lost with the massive influx of non-singaporeans...

you just look around you...you can see a very hostile and a very indifferent social milieu...sad. this place has also become more dirty,more filthy and more congested like sardines. nobody seems to stop and care anymore!!!

When the floodgate was opened, that was when we singaporean lose our compassion.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the floodgate was opened, that was when we singaporean lose our compassion.
I will not be too quick to put the blame on foreigners. I think the culprit is Wong kan seng in his decade rule on MHA where he slash the budget of TP and allowed the courts to relax penalties on reckless driving. They spend more money and resources on a few terrorists than policing the streets properly.

TCH, if he wants to redeem himself for posterity should handle road safety and harshly clampdown on reckless driving.