• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid RM200 for a 1 bedroom suite, upstair and downstairs, king-sized bed, come with 2 breakfast and free pass to their so called water park.

MATTA fair is at Danga City Mall but for JB, it ends this weekend leh.

Oh shit ! should have go buy the desaru hotel package . Thinking of bringing kids there.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info and link! Looks like the site is much closer to NI now meaning taking the bus service becomes a more feasible option for us if ever the need arises :biggrin:

Not too sure whether this is gd news to home owners at NI . I want a home to be away fr malls and heavy traffic places and now the interchange is so near to NI

Last edited:

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tmn Laguna
After much reading this forum, decided to chalk in and give some experiences we have,. (we are malaysian working in Sg)
Have been viewing tmn laguna and HH since these projects started. At first , skeptical on JB developement.. we all know how slowly JB property and entire markets.
When laguna was first launched it was only $380k.. however.. the distance and location really turned us off.

All changed after the highway is built and i realized how vibrant the things have started to change along this area.
(from legoland, puteri harbour, edu city, medini etc)
When my partner and I decided to give it a change to laguna, all phase 2-2 sold out... that time was Oct'2011.. need wait for new phase launching..
We were like a bit desperate and keep look out for re-sale unit. Guess was fated, one family was eagerly sold their phase 1 Type A unit for 580k..view the house, within a week, confirmed at RM540k and signed the S&P within a week in Nov11.. (lol... we were like ..are we crazy, bought half a million house jus one view and in a week time)

After long 3 mths loan and legal process, we hv the key now, now looking forward to renovate the place (plus we are especially pleased to see/hear that phase 3 type C&D selling at >RM640k,. hahahaha)

We going to make the front, coutyard and back patio with wooden flooring... going to feel so resort-like and time to invite friends to come over for wine and dine with so many sitting places.... all transformation think will take us RM150k +-.

Cheers everybody.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is there a nice pub or wine outlet that we could chill out in Bt Indah? Use it as a catch-up spot like 1st Friday night of every month at 7pm. In that way, kakis may turn up when they are free.

Otherwise, prata at Habib is alright too! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Good choice, lets go with this arrangement, first Friday at maybe later, 8pm instead as some may still be on the way across the causeway?

Again, probably no introduction of nicks on the forum, best not to.

Some other places we can consider down the road (We will use Station One for now, a bit pissed off with them as their attitude is getting worse day by day. They don't even smile at regulars and the manager or boss (always in black), face is equally black)

Habib is good but a little too noisy at times
Yews cafe is also another place but probably too far for some bros.
HH cafe as well as some of us can get 20% off the total bill.

This will probably be a separate item from that of looking at investments, etc. Bro Funds Transfer?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
We going to make the front, coutyard and back patio with wooden flooring... going to feel so resort-like and time to invite friends to come over for wine and dine with so many sitting places.... all transformation think will take us RM150k +-.

Cheers everybody.

Sounds like a good plan. Congrats Bbbear! :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro , how much is the desaru hotel package cost you huh ? BTW where is this MATA expo located ?

We really like Pulai at Desaru, the Korean restaurant at the private bungalow is nice too. They give you Korean ginseng wine too. The owner is Mr Jung, very affable guy who likes diving and golf. So serious about Golf that he has two golf carts, one for him, another for his wife.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The missing link is always the lack of a hinterland in Singapore - as always reminded by Bro Wuji.

All these FTs, even if they sustained the same pressures, costs, punishments, etc, they can retire back to their homelands and enjoying either the benefits or the low prices that come with their economies.

My Canadian friend worked here and would be very happy to be looked after properly back home.
My Indian colleague are buying properties and land back home; taking advantage of the Rupees' plunge over the past months.

In short, let us make the best of opportunities available and seize them when it becomes available!

Paying $800K for a HDB flat or $1,300 psf for Punggol condo may not give the best returns on the face of the earth presently. We need to look further.

Agree, Lets carpe diem! Best to do this in a discussion at a kopi tiam or something. :wink:
Carpe diem at kopit tiam@Johore :P

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Okay, back from being a tour guide. It was a rushed day but an enjoyable one, nonetheless.

Brought them to HH, NI and taman laguna. It was totally an eye opener to them about the space and quality of houses in JB and how advanced the town has become. The last time they stepped into JB was about a good 8 to 9 years ago, and that was only a quick stopover at city square. They were impressed on all these hidden and high class tamans outside city center, which they had never ever imagined they existed.Exhausted now. Time to shower and hit the bed. god bless you all. Good night.

So glad your folks like the place and thanks for sharing. I hope your old folks will see the light, do bring them around for gathering here including those organized by bro FundsTransfer. Easier when they can see others doing it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
At this rate, quite irrelevant if we look at Vivian Balakrishnan's comment on whether one wants 3 meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant.

Absolutely agree.

We need to explore all possible options, again JB is not the only place to go.
Thats why i always supported other options as well.

Its just that Johore works the best for me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

nice to meet you too :smile:

I purchased this ppty on my own. My friends bought places in HH and Bukit Indah.
It will be nice if i really do know your friend but i don't think so. Not now anyway...(:

Perhaps one day I'll. Afterall, it is always important to lookout for each other.

Have a good day!

Its highly likely though, that we do know each others friends in that case.
Because he just bought one at the same time you did.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning got another summon from Certis Cisco.. Too much traffic in parkway area, kid is late for lesson.. so I pulled my car at the side, bring my kid across the 2 lane road.. When I turned around, I saw a china national parking attendant already issued a summon.. Obviously see saw me cross the road with my kid... Last month I also have a $200 fine and 12 demerit points.. I agreed I parked illegally temporarily but I always made sure I won't cause any inconvenience to anyone.. And this time, I guessed it is less than a minute... I felt very sick.. Driving a car in Singapore is like a walking ATM.. The china national officer obviously don't care and understand..

Can't blame them. I think they have a certain quota to meet. If I am not mistaken...:wink:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys are cracking me up, almost laughed right out in front of my boss as i was reading this. Some of my coffee is all over my screen.

hahaha , arsenal is funny guy ...

Arsenal
Btw , this morning someone has msg me and guessed my name correctly ....
U lousy la , whole nite until now , still haven come up my name ....

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My kids are not even in Primary school and their appetite will only get bigger.

Good advice on the drinks. We bring our water bottles out, the whole family. Cut down on sugar and also save on costs.

But just can't do without my cuppa in the morning.

Maybe should consider home Nescafe and then put in coffee mug.

Another way to save on children is to make them eat the same thing. Each takes turn to decide on what to eat. Buy noodles and add $1 to upsize. Then divide into 2 portions to share. This way, instead of paying $3 each for a bowl of mee which the child can't finish anyway, each children will end up spending just $2 for the just right bowl of noodles. :wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
At this rate, quite irrelevant if we look at Vivian Balakrishnan's comment on whether one wants 3 meals in a hawker centre, food court or restaurant.

I have 3 meals outside all weekdays wor....very jialat I can say.... sometimes I stinge a bit by asking dd to buy lunch for me from her school canteen... $1.30 per packet of rice with vege and egg... :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.