• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good progress made to boost connectivity between S'pore, Iskandar M'sia

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1200443/1/.html?
SINGAPORE: Singapore and Iskandar Malaysia have made good progress in efforts to boost connectivity.

Malaysia's Land Public Transport Commission and Singapore's Land Transport Authority awarded the tender for the Malaysia-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS) Link Joint Engineering study on 2 May.

The architectural and engineering consultancy study tender went to the consortium of AECOM Singapore, AECOM Perunding and SA Architects.

It'll determine the technical parameters for the RTS Link between Singapore and Johor Bahru to achieve a convenient and cost-effective system that's well-integrated with public transport services on both sides.

This will be done in two phases.

In Phase 1, which is expected to be completed by end-2012, the consultant will look into technical parameters and propose options for the Link.

In Phase 2, the Malaysia-Singapore Joint Ministerial Committee (JMC) for Iskandar Malaysia will decide on the option that will be studied further.

Another area with good progress - the new Malaysian Automated Clearance System (MACS).

The number of users has increased significantly, from 1,140 in 2009 to 167,083 in April 2012.

The system provides fast-track immigration clearance for non-Malaysian investors, business persons and professionals, using special entry and exit lanes.

These achievements in bilateral cooperation were highlighted by the JMC at its ninth working meeting in Johor Bahru on Thursday.

The meeting was co-chaired by Mr Nor Mohamed Yakcop, Malaysia's Minister in the Prime Minister's Department and Mr Khaw Boon Wan, Singapore's Minister for National Development.

Also present were the Chief Minister of Johor, Mr Abdul Ghani Othman and Singapore's Minister for Transport, Mr Lui Tuck Yew.

A new work group on industrial cooperation will be look into ways of promoting mutually-beneficial twinning of economic activities.

It'll focus on high value-added projects in the manufacturing and services sectors.

The JMC also agreed to further strengthen collaboration on the environment and tourism, covering environmental management, environmental awareness and river cleaning.

- CNA/ck

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a quick update, the issue with the developer was finally resolved. Legal help was forthcoming as well as some big guns offered to help but they called and repeatedly apologised and promised to make it up for future launches, so just let it go.

Very happy for you. Having good connections certainly a must in malaysia to prevent and settle big troubles, if one wants to go big. Good to know also the legal system still a viable recourse for victims.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, a photo of Sky Exec apt Bukit Indah..it is building up nicely..

Just to clarify, I don't own the units there or any Setia units..those cars are also not mine, especially the Merc :smile:

e669286e.jpg

I tend to suspect the pic was taken from a BM 7 series at least. :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is that the 7 series with number XXXXXX? I was there around the same time.. People like that should stay in Singapore, don't come here and spoil our image..

Yes, oh wow i didn't know you were there too. Yes thats the one. Very rowdy crowd and then they walked into the sales office as i was having dinner with my family. He seemed to be upset it seems that he didn't get to park there so in the end he just parked at his friends and walked in.

I make friends with everyone, from the GM who greeted me to the security guard who tried to chase me away. I still thanked her for doing her job.

Unfortunately, we tend to meet people like with noses up in the air all the time no matter where we go.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lost my specs (bad week) but still went ahead to SG and just came back. Drove in all the way to SG and back using nothing but the "force"
Was clear all the way from first link to my place although there was quite a few SG cars coming in to Johore when i came in via first link.

Took good old dad for coffee at Hans to catch up. Needed to go in to SG as paid up too much for others for the commercial units and some of them haven't repaid me yet especially some relatives. Paid up for them first and mine (since now resolved with the developer) is due next week. Went in to take my funds and top up for their account as i didn't want them to lose their unit. Sometimes really hard, chasing after friends and relatives for their loans to make sure they get it in in time even though we have already met the minimum quorum, after losing my unit, i didn't want to let them lose out as well.

Told one bank last week to help expedite and very honoured that they gave some face to this little guy. Sometimes people need to help themselves, other times all they need is a friendly push. Its hard though when sometimes people are pushing in the opposite direction. Still one has to try. While i am still here, i will still do what i can.

Have to say, OCBC, PBB and even to a certain extent even HSBC was one of the nicer banks at least for this time.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Very happy for you. Having good connections certainly a must in malaysia to prevent and settle big troubles, if one wants to go big. Good to know also the legal system still a viable recourse for victims.

Thanks a lot for your kind words sir. I was just lucky, yes it definitely is good. Got to know lots of good people here including very good neighbours. Some live almost right next to me. Very very honoured. :biggrin:

Quite a few guys were getting involved and were advising me on the next steps and the relevant people to contact to give them a really hard time. Even those not directly involved told me to go ahead and gave me their moral support. Some even gave me their law firm numbers and stands ready to bear witness if required. Really grateful for the people here who helped me regardless where i came from. Seriously steady people.

Then the other side made concessions and most importantly, they apologised sincerely this time.

From the start to the end, i never asked for monetary compensation,
Its about making things right, for a customer.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of the uncles that I played golf with, when they are in Malaysia, they behaved like big fxxx.. I am usually courteous and patience.. Once a guy drove a Merc 350 parked his car in the middle of the single lane road to buy chicken rice in Singapore.. blocking all the traffic behind.. I honked until he came toward trying to figure me out.. I stepped out of the car and stared at him, waiting for him to throw punches if he dared..

Bloody hell, many big fxxx chicken out when being challenged.. Cultured and learned people whether gangster or not usually have respects for everyone...

Yes, oh wow i didn't know you were there too. Yes thats the one. Very rowdy crowd and then they walked into the sales office as i was having dinner with my family. He seemed to be upset it seems that he didn't get to park there so in the end he just parked at his friends and walked in.

I make friends with everyone, from the GM who greeted me to the security guard who tried to chase me away. I still thanked her for doing her job.

Unfortunately, we tend to meet people like with noses up in the air all the time no matter where we go.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Few days ago in Sim Lim trying to buy a CCTV camera.. The salesman initially quote me 150 for one.. later the price drop to 75 because my budget is only 50++ and later drop to 30++ and then 10 when I lost my confidence on this guy... Few shops away, there are selling the exact model for $10... (((just some brandless china plastic camera)

Singapore, Malaysia all the same... must do research before buying things...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You could be right.. Now I see... Better don't behave like that.. else Malaysia will think Singaporeans are like that...

You will be extremely surprised to know that many of these same "uncles" who drove S350 / CLS 350 / 7 series / A6 or A8 are Malaysian with Singapore PR. True blue Sporean uncles are afraid of getting robbed or clobbered in JB so that either drive Japanese cars or keep very very low profile. Many of my relatives in their 60s to 80s stayed in landed properties in Spore because of their child education. They are all Malaysian but once they reached JB, they seriously behave as if they are Johor Sultan.

On the NS highway, those S-plated cars cutting Qs and using road shoulders, easily more than half are Malaysian with SPR because its their homeground and where they grew up in. When they are caught by the polis, their well-versed pasar bahasa melayu language gave them away while negotiating for a price to settle. These are told to me by a neighbour who was in the Johor TP and has since retired from force. He said those Malaysians driving S-plated cars were the most arrogant lot. Pure Sporeans holding red passports were very humble and "afraid" to argue.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You could be right.. Now I see... Better don't behave like that.. else Malaysia will think Singaporeans are like that...

aiyoyo , u always think driving S plate are Singaporeans , last time i already told u could be PRs too ....
Now if u meet any good and polite msian plate driver , it could be our dear Singaporean Wuqi .....

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the NS highway, those S-plated cars cutting Qs and using road shoulders, easily more than half are Malaysian with SPR because its their homeground and where they grew up in. When they are caught by the polis, their well-versed pasar bahasa melayu language gave them away while negotiating for a price to settle. These are told to me by a neighbour who was in the Johor TP and has since retired from force. He said those Malaysians driving S-plated cars were the most arrogant lot. Pure Sporeans holding red passports were very humble and "afraid" to argue.

Just curious - if i didn't speed on NS highway but am stopped by Police, should i just continue to maintain innocence and ask them for evidence of speeding? Asked this before and someone said that's the best thing to do, rather than to succumb to giving kopi money, which I'm not keen on. Just asking for your opinion...

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyoyo , u always think driving S plate are Singaporeans , last time i already told u could be PRs too ....
Now if u meet any good and polite msian plate driver , it could be our dear Singaporean Wuqi .....

Now I could almost figure how Wuqi looks like. He drives a Malaysian car sometimes, b spectacled , quite well built, about 5' 9", little unshaven, with some moustache, very kind and friendly looking, surprisingly good looking...ladies, pls keep your hands off for the sake of his wife.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I could almost figure how Wuqi looks like. He drives a Malaysian car sometimes, b spectacled , quite well built, about 5' 9", little unshaven, with some moustache, very kind and friendly looking, surprisingly good looking...ladies, pls keep your hands off for the sake of his wife.

very humble looking n hugable , hahahaha , just joking ....

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will be extremely surprised to know that many of these same "uncles" who drove S350 / CLS 350 / 7 series / A6 or A8 are Malaysian with Singapore PR. True blue Sporean uncles are afraid of getting robbed or clobbered in JB so that either drive Japanese cars or keep very very low profile. Many of my relatives in their 60s to 80s stayed in landed properties in Spore because of their child education. They are all Malaysian but once they reached JB, they seriously behave as if they are Johor Sultan.

These uncles came from an era when My and Sg were one. To them, today My and Sg are still same and one. :smile:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried before.. just looked blur and don't know what language they are talking about.. When the traffic piled up, they "lan lan" will let you go...

Just curious - if i didn't speed on NS highway but am stopped by Police, should i just continue to maintain innocence and ask them for evidence of speeding? Asked this before and someone said that's the best thing to do, rather than to succumb to giving kopi money, which I'm not keen on. Just asking for your opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.