• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
One observation i have is that, most of country A people are smart enough, at least book smart and some to a lesser degree, streetsmart.
Unfortunately, just like my family members (dads generation), most of them are crabs in a bucket. The infighting and non cooperation in the family doomed most of them to obscurity and a very mundance existance. Its as if they are still fighting one another in their mothers (my grandma's) womb. Things have changed slightly now, probably because unlike the crabs, i was born a lobster (hehehe). Hence instead of fighting, i believe in sharing. Now my sisters and some of my aunts (the nice ones and non crabs) have houses here too, things have changed 180 degrees at least with some members of my family. There is way more trust and sharing than in the past.

No one would ever have thought we would progress to this new level. Johore has been a boost to the flagging family relations that have plagued the generation before me. Having tried more than 2 years of bringing my grandmother out every weekend (and failing) to still boost family relations made me finally stop and realise it was not going anywhere. Sometimes all some people need is a listening ear, they may not even need a helping hand. If even we don't help each other, who will?
We need to succeed together, not get each other into trouble. For animal lovers who care enough to stick a sticker on their car to say "Be kind to animals", please realise that sometimes there are helpless people too and humans are also animals. Please be kind to them too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality
Crab mentality, sometimes referred to as crabs in the bucket, describes a way of thinking best described by the phrase "if I can't have it, neither can you." The metaphor refers to a pot of crabs. Individually, the crabs could easily escape from the pot, but instead, they grab at each other in a useless "king of the hill" competition (or sabotage) which prevents any from escaping and ensures their collective demise. The analogy in human behavior is that of a group that will attempt to "pull down" (negate or diminish the importance of) any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, conspiracy or competitive feelings.

This term is broadly associated with short-sighted, non-constructive thinking rather than a unified, long-term, constructive mentality. It is also often used colloquially in reference to individuals or communities attempting to "escape" a so-called "underprivileged life," but kept from doing so by others attempting to ride upon their coat-tails or those who simply resent their success.[1]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for medical, whenever one mention medical to many elders, they are always saying "One can afford to die but not get sick in Country A", this is reality. If they were just discontented, they would have said, "One can only afford Class C ward in Country A"

I live in Country A & a few years ago I had a heart attack & even though I had more than enough $$$ in my medisave account, I still had to pay thousands because the gov't limits the amount I can use. In fact I ended paying more out of pocket than I could claim from medisave :rolleyes:

One of the medical options recommended by my doctor was open heart surgery. I have enough $$$ in my medisave account to pay for the procedure, but the problem is that the PAP won't let me touch my own money to cover the costs:mad:

If I had decided to go through with the open heart surgery, I could have done it cheaper in Bangkok at one of the private hospitals:eek:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those living or invested in Horizon Hills must rejoice with me in this piece of great news yet again.

Yesterday, my friend managed to sell off his Horizon Hills Superlink TERRACE ( TERRACE, not Cluster or semis ) Totally BARE unit.

The price is RM 1.3 million + resale.

A few other Superlinks ( big terraces ) have been sold recently for RM 1.1million already.

Those semis facing the Golf course at the Gateway, I heard from the HH salesmen that one was recently sold for RM 1.6 million +.

At this rate, below RM 1 million houses cannot be found in HH soon.

Yesterday the Spore government announced yet another major round of coolig measures to deter the prices from shooting up.

For sure the investors will start looking to snap up more houses in HH and nearby as there are no restriction on any ownerships or property investments here yet.

wait for me!!!

d0nt shoot sooo fast till i cant buy !
lol

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, my friend managed to sell off his Horizon Hills Superlink TERRACE ( TERRACE, not Cluster or semis ) Totally BARE unit.

The price is RM 1.3 million + resale.

A few other Superlinks ( big terraces ) have been sold recently for RM 1.1million already.

Those semis facing the Golf course at the Gateway, I heard from the HH salesmen that one was recently sold for RM 1.6 million +.

Ummm, seriously? I barely just bought my unit, but I will cash out instantly if so lol. That kind of price is absolutely absurd.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a way, it's good.....if the toll fee is not increased for those not using EDL.
At least there's a choice for people to escape the jam at CIQ if they willing to pay.
That's additional s$8 per day or s$160/mth which I think is worth it if there's no jam and makes it feasible for daily smooth commuting.

OMG - If I understand correctly what they have written about this - there is no choice for the ppl using the causeway! the toll booth will be located near/in the CIQ. So, irregardless if you wish to use the EDL or the Tebrau way - you gotta pay, the moment you pass thru the CIQ!
Those that do not need to pay are ppl using the EDL without hitting the causeway! The changes from 2.90RM currently to 9 bucks..if I am not mistaken....much more expensive than Tuas! knn!!

Normally i use the causeway rather than Tuas, if this is true better have to think twice already....

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ummm, seriously? I barely just bought my unit, but I will cash out instantly if so lol. That kind of price is absolutely absurd.

reminds me of the newbie PRs that comes in to buy HDB flats in the last few years. They do not know what is the actual market price and just pay whatever the owner is asking cos when they compare SG with other major cities like Beijing or Shanghai, still cheap. They forgot to compare SG to SG. In the process, these PRs spoil the market and drive up the price resulting in many Singaporeans turning to BTO.

I think at this rate, it will be no time before M'sian govt intro more cooling measures like raising the min to RM750K for foreigners...

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
reminds me of the newbie PRs that comes in to buy HDB flats in the last few years. They do not know what is the actual market price and just pay whatever the owner is asking cos when they compare SG with other major cities like Beijing or Shanghai, still cheap. They forgot to compare SG to SG.

Hush yonglip bro, I'm in the process of putting my own unit up for sale, don't want you giving them strange ideas as to how much they should or shouldn't pay for it lol.

When they were RM 1.7m to RM 1.9M, I avoid cos I feel it is grossly overpriced. Now the resale are hitting RM 3million.

I see your point. Fact of the matter is, as far as property goes, or any other asset class for that matter, any objective analysis will reveal upside or downside possibilities, regardless of prevailing market conditions.

Best one can do is take the data in and come to a decision.

I am very bullish about the long-term prospects for southern Johor, but very sceptical about property prices everywhere in East Asia and Australia for the short term.

At the transacted prices you mention, it simply appears to me that prices have run up too fast, and too quickly. Unsustainably so for the short term.

Lol, but then again, I've been reading this thread in full and I noticed scepticism about rising prices here in Nusajaya from 2 years ago. *shrug* Who really knows till well after it happens?

ANyway I'm buying for immediate occupation, so I guess it doesn't really matter to me right now which way they go. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
reminds me of the newbie PRs that comes in to buy HDB flats in the last few years. They do not know what is the actual market price and just pay whatever the owner is asking cos when they compare SG with other major cities like Beijing or Shanghai, still cheap. They forgot to compare SG to SG. In the process, these PRs spoil the market and drive up the price resulting in many Singaporeans turning to BTO.

I think at this rate, it will be no time before M'sian govt intro more cooling measures like raising the min to RM750K for foreigners...

I think some Sporeans are crazy :eek: They forgot why Sporeans are moving to JB in the 1st place.

No wonder the Malaysians are complaining of high prices in JB.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey, tis is good news for u Teck! But I know u wouldnt, at least for now....lol. Tis is good news to all who had already vested in HH. Avelc, mia tu liao!

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Check the caveat around Feb or March and the prices should be reflected. I really cannot believe it but he has showed me the contracts early this morning. Suddenly I feel that RM 3 million upsized bungalows in HH left unsold now look cheaper. When they were RM 1.7m to RM 1.9M, I avoid cos I feel it is grossly overpriced. Now the resale are hitting RM 3million. No wonder I see more and more maseratis, lambos and Bentley during my weekend golf session recently

Hey HH, where do you check caveats lodged for Johor properties?

I also think it's only a matter of time before Msia govt introduces cooling measures like raising the bar to 750k.

Hey, tis is good news for u Teck! But I know u wouldnt, at least for now....lol. Tis is good news to all who had already vested in HH. Avelc, mia tu liao!

Hey odyssey, have to shop around leh, I'm just a humble buyer, buy property have to work out sums & choose area, not masak masak like buying toys... Going to Puteri Harbour & maybe Bukit Indah this weekend.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new super-link in the Hill is selling at 820k, if a super-link is sold at 1.1m, then i think it's either
1)The unit is the special super-link terrace (only 8 unit at the golf) with good golf view, i saw one such corner terrace asking for 1.4m
2)All of the terrace priced at 820k is sold out ( which is possible bcoz there are only a few units left 2 weeks ago but i know they will open up more)

Either way, this is a great news!

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG - If I understand correctly what they have written about this - there is no choice for the ppl using the causeway! the toll booth will be located near/in the CIQ. So, irregardless if you wish to use the EDL or the Tebrau way - you gotta pay, the moment you pass thru the CIQ!
Those that do not need to pay are ppl using the EDL without hitting the causeway! The changes from 2.90RM currently to 9 bucks..if I am not mistaken....much more expensive than Tuas! knn!!

Normally i use the causeway rather than Tuas, if this is true better have to think twice already....

Based on the report today, you are bloody right....
http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20111208-315095.html

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
its more likely a move to liven up kota iskandar. put a toll on that route and nobody will find a reason to go and become a white elephant situation?

i am really and truly puzzled...why coastal highway can be free while they have to charge on EDL????...

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm thinking will the SG side follow the pricing change? If so it'll be a significant amount for daily commuters plus weekend day trippers looking for some savings across to JB. That'll kill a lot of cash cows in 1 stone and a political suicide for the incumbent. I suspect they'll judge the backlash and then shy away from the drastic decision. History shows similar flamboyant moves almost never takes...

if thats the case, what has the increase in toll got anything to do with the EDL?
it appears that they are just finding a reason to increase the toll... crap man....

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
if thats the case, what has the increase in toll got anything to do with the EDL?
it appears that they are just finding a reason to increase the toll... crap man....

Yes lah, it is not EDL toll fee but CIQ toll fee.
They are smart also to prevent the EDL becoming white elephant. Since need to pay might as well use.
I think toll fee would be increased to RM6.20 from rm2.90 now.
A return trip would cost about s$6.50 inclusive sg toll.
One month 20 working days would be s$130.
If it can effectively reduce jam and redistribute traffic between tuas and woodlands, actually not too bad considering the many other savings from housing, food, petrol, etc.
But I worry their CIQ counters never expand and so back to square 1.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey guys, sorry i'm back. Need to rush my work so i will be brief on my cents.
All about pricing:
I don't think the pricing for the entry fees for Lego land is feasible.
For the first link pricing, even implemented, i don't think this will remain for long once they realise its not feasible.

For HH, i am really surprised, i had thought it would be slow and steady growth and not as fast as its doing, it should
remain reachable at least for a time.

As for people who always tell me that there is no corruption, people don't die in the streets in Singapore, please refer to this:
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?...t-knifed-and-killed-by-gangster-on-the-street!

Status
Not open for further replies.