• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not to say completely stop going but to reduce the frequency loh... Eg used to go 4-5 times a mth, if the news is true, then will cut to 1-2 times.., buy less and eat less loh!

Actually they screw themselves too what, we go in less, spend less, they lose business also what!
So in the end it's the JB economy that is screwed..

Cry or laugh now???:confused::*:

Will sillyporeans learn their lessons? No. Kiasi, kiasu, Kancheong....for all u know the imminent increase of state levy could be due to our fault too.:(

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to think it in the business perspective. I.e. first mover advantage vs late followers which usually have higher opportunity costs :smile:

Will sillyporeans learn their lessons? No. Kiasi, kiasu, Kancheong....for all u know the imminent increase of state levy could be due to our fault too.:(

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to say completely stop going but to reduce the frequency loh... Eg used to go 4-5 times a mth, if the news is true, then will cut to 1-2 times.., buy less and eat less loh!

Actually they screw themselves too what, we go in less, spend less, they lose business also what!

Actually can avoid or not, the EDL when crossing at Causeway?

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
spidey said:

If the toll hikes for Singaporeans were true, what do you think will be the impact on traffic during weekday peak hours on the causeway?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess No impact. Status quo. Those who travel during peak hours are workers. So money must still be paid in order to get to work ...

If the toll hikes for Singaporeans were true, what do you think will be the impact on traffic during weekday peak hours on the causeway?

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tonight have some drinks and a bit drunk.
Spoke to a china national of 20 years. His first visit to Singapore. He thought Singapore is a heaven until he saw many old Singaporeans cleaning tables and asked me why, because all old folks in china will be given some pensions in one way or another..
Also spoke to some Singtel folks. 500 old Singtel staffs were transferred to a company called Huawei. After seeing MPs and ministers, the agreement is those above worked for Singtel more than 25 years will be given 3.5 months severance pay. Huawei will promise them no retrenchment within 1 year. After that their employability is subjected to performance. Huawei have big supply of workers and they absorb these workers because of relationship with Singtel. Basically Singtel are asking Huawei to ex these folks rather than paying them 1 year 1 month severance, for their own KPI at the excuse of working for shareholder which is mainly Temasek.. I don't mind give away my Singtel share to keep their job..

What has Singapore become, just a money churning machines for shareholders? Every countries will take care of their people. I am not talking about Greece or the PIGs because a lot of rich folks are not paying taxes..

Malaysia is always ready to suck Singaporean.. Where can we go? What the hell has our country become?

I am high.. But when see the old folks cleaning tables in golden shoes, I am glad that some one still willing to give them a job.. I am sad that if we don't take care of ourselves, we could become like them..just to survive and live in this country.. Maybe some of these old folks are graduates without jobs..

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know whether construction of Life-Style Mall beside Legoland has started? It is suppose to open sometime around end of this year together with Legoland, Indoor Theme Park(Puteri Harbour) and Traders Hotel.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago I have a good chance of making a lot of money... I was in my 20s.. The money is enough for me to retire immediately and travel round the world till I am old... However due to some reasons which I think god is helping me for not getting the money..if not I will be a very different person because I will not know what to do with the money at that age..

Over the years I saw many young folks suddenly making good money out of no reasons.. They convince themselves it is because they are smart and because they work hard...(yes I am drunk)...and they become complacent and proud, they talked loud and looked down on people.. However a few years down the road and with the change of the tide.. They realize actually they are just a bit lucky.. And idiots will make the same money under the same situation... Sometimes one need to know without some heavenly blessings, you might not get that...

Do you really think all those civil servants making millions are because they are the best and smartest? I seriously dont think so.. ( I am sleeping soon)..

Everyone has a path in this life.. Everyone will experience different things.. Do be humble when you do well because someone doesn't do well might not because he is lazy... Even a smart guy who are strucked by a big sudden sickness or a sue, he might end up having to clean tables in golden shoe..

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago I have a good chance of making a lot of money... I was in my 20s.. The money is enough for me to retire immediately and travel round the world till I am old... However due to some reasons which I think god is helping me for not getting the money..if not I will be a very different person because I will not know what to do with the money at that age..

Over the years I saw many young folks suddenly making good money out of no reasons.. They convince themselves it is because they are smart and because they work hard...(yes I am drunk)...and they become complacent and proud, they talked loud and looked down on people.. However a few years down the road and with the change of the tide.. They realize actually they are just a bit lucky.. And idiots will make the same money under the same situation... Sometimes one need to know without some heavenly blessings, you might not get that...

Do you really think all those civil servants making millions are because they are the best and smartest? I seriously dont think so.. ( I am sleeping soon)..

Everyone has a path in this life.. Everyone will experience different things.. Do be humble when you do well because someone doesn't do well might not because he is lazy... Even a smart guy who are strucked by a big sudden sickness or a sue, he might end up having to clean tables in golden shoe..

How so true!

I remembered someone told me that in some investment, it could only goes up or goes down or no up no down. If one thousand idiots were to make the investment, it wouldn't be surprising if about 1/3 of these idiots were to be right sometimes. So it is contraditory to say these idiots were smart because idiots by definition are not smart.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know whether construction of Life-Style Mall beside Legoland has started? It is suppose to open sometime around end of this year together with Legoland, Indoor Theme Park(Puteri Harbour) and Traders Hotel.

I was there sat afternoon, some structures are half built, not sure if these were for the life style mall. One 30 storey hotel in China was built in 2 weeks. If similar speed is to be used, then the mall could likely be ready by year end :p

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some learned people say this is the general trend in the world today where corporate interests have become so powerful. I am sure it would become worse in decades to come. Not sure I could have chance to see reversal in my life time.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess No impact. Status quo. Those who travel during peak hours are workers. So money must still be paid in order to get to work ...

Bro, impact will be those PRs that stays in JB but work in SG, coz SPR cannot drive MY registered cars in SG..
Also those SG businessmen that need to travel to JB on a daily basis, eg hv factory there or salesmen need to go JB to meet client..,
I know some of these ppl go thru like a couple of times a day!
Can't imagine, will be a real pain:mad: for these group of ppl.

I see another impact would be businesses will be factoring in these cost and prices of things may go up...both side of the causeway!:*: thou not a lot lah! Then again never know!!

Also bros, IF the MY gov charge SG registered cars, then what about the SG CIQ? Also charge SG registered cars only and all MY registered cars o need to pay? Or charge on MY registered cars? Tit for a tat!!

If this is really the case, I believe a lot of ppl will be screwed... Local and foreign alike...
On the other hand, will it be a smoother ride to Jb? :biggrin:

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some learned people say this is the general trend in the world today where corporate interests have become so powerful. I am sure it would become worse in decades to come. Not sure I could have chance to see reversal in my life time.

Yes, it is, my co just did this, cost saving mah....and I lost 15 staff in this process!!
Either the co survive or a lot more ppl will get the axe... It's a cruel world out there!

One of our bros here hit the point - be humble and be contented with what u have! Someone out there is in a worse shit than you!
I would like to add, spend more time with yr loved ones, live is too short! God bless...

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for the agent, I will just forget it. I'm not against agent and paying the 1% but what we want is reliable and trustworthy agents. I've been meeting alot of agents previously and I can say than some are good. We just need to becareful. From the way they talk we will know whether they are good or not.

Why buyer need to pay 1% to agent, in all my property purchases in MY KL, buyers DO NOT need to pay anything to the agent ..only sellers have to coz they appointed the agent. Why is JB following SG Policy? Just because they are near to SG?
In KL, u don't get this kind of fees on the buyer!

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why buyer need to pay 1% to agent, in all my property purchases in MY KL, buyers DO NOT need to pay anything to the agent ..only sellers have to coz they appointed the agent. Why is JB following SG Policy? Just because they are near to SG?
In KL, u don't get this kind of fees on the buyer!

Agreed with you bro..

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many rules, restrictions and regulations.
Last week while talking to a Malaysian colleague, I was told that a SPR who wish to convert to Singapore driving license needs to let go Malaysian driving license.

You dont need to let go MY driving license.
It is all rubbish where the JPJ Johor wanted to get few hundreds of kopi money from you in order for you to retain the MY driving license.
Try any other states in MY the JPJ do not have such rules that you must cancel your MY driving licence.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
spidey said:
On the other hand, will it be a smoother ride to Jb? :biggrin:

The qn is whether the SPR malaysians and others will

A. Switch to motorbikes
B. Not deliberately use the causeway even if they are near the 2nd link

This will reduce congestion if it happens. But will it happen?

Also, what proportion of the peak causeway traffic is Malaysian cars? If there were a lot, why would they rather pay $20 per entry than to own a cheap SG car? I'm quite interested to know the profile of drivers taking the causeway during peak hours. That will help us analyze the impact of traffic due to the toll hikes.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The qn is whether the SPR malaysians and others will

A. Switch to motorbikes
B. Not deliberately use the causeway even if they are near the 2nd link

This will reduce congestion if it happens. But will it happen?

Also, what proportion of the peak causeway traffic is Malaysian cars? If there were a lot, why would they rather pay $20 per entry than to own a cheap SG car? I'm quite interested to know the profile of drivers taking the causeway during peak hours. That will help us analyze the impact of traffic due to the toll hikes.

Time to call in all bikers!!!! Toll only rm1!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.