• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see you guys are quite affluent and can easily buy property now.

I can't hurry as real cash not enough. Even a RM500K property is a problem for me.

Think I will need another 5 years to buck up. By that time, I think I am too late. Prices already shot up.

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can't hurry as real cash not enough. Even a RM500K property is a problem for me.

Think I will need another 5 years to buck up. By that time, I think I am too late. Prices already shot up.

Hey mate

When you are aware and making plans, you are taking the tentative steps but definite ones towards success.

I may be underestimating your challenges but when you are trying to achieve a goal, try to incorporate teamwork (sharing a property) and also leverage where possible.

You may be right that prices may shoot up in time to come. But learn from the principles of property investment. There may be more Iskandars and Singapore on the horizon. Apply what you have learnt then!

Good luck.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Like what bro FT said (which is very true), follow what you learnt today so that you can progress further tomorrow. :smile:
I wish you all the best and DON'T GIVE UP. When you feel like giving up in the face of time, look at Zhang Qian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Qian

If you feel like giving up in the fact of fierce opposition, look at Ban Chao.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban_Chao

:smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have a fund manager friend, she said that when her relatives ask for investment tips, she will not entertain them...becos if they make money, she does not gain, but if they lose money, they will blame her...:cool:

True, thats life and i am still learning life's numerous bitter lessons one at a time.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe it or not, I have been viewing JB properties for the past 13 years! In fact, I dislike JB at that time but my in-laws insisted to bring me around to view houses (I have seen many and have missed alot of opportunties). It is only in the last 2 years that I started to change my opinons.

So it is never too late!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
erhh can ask y my thread remove? So how do I help out then?

I deleted but when the first post is deleted, the thread is gone as well. Its back on now.

Select the appropriate options and then click the Delete button. Note: deleting this message will result in the deletion of the entire thread because this is the first post in the thread.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Believe it or not, I have been viewing JB properties for the past 13 years! In fact, I dislike JB at that time but my in-laws insisted to bring me around to view houses (I have seen many and have missed alot of opportunties). It is only in the last 2 years that I started to change my opinons.

So it is never too late!

Yes never too late, just curious what made you change your mind in the last 2 years?

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read in the other thread no need white card anymore from Jun 1, don't know whether still need to chop the passport? If no need to chop, next time no need to apply Macs even for those daily travellers...:rolleyes:

Passport still need to be endorsed. Thats why they encourage u to apply Macs. Make dollar/cents.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone has experience delivering household food items including milkmaid n shampoo from JB to UK?
Izzit better using POS r singpost?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone has experience delivering household food items including milkmaid n shampoo from JB to UK?
Izzit better using POS r singpost?

Dan, you cannot be serious...... There is Milk and Shampoo in the UK.... NO SHORTAGE reported!!! Because of the weight it will cost more for the item that is being sent. Tell the person whom you are buying the items for to go to China town in Central London, take the Picadilliy line and or the tube to LEICESTER SQUARE TRAIN STOP ask for directions to CHINA TOWN and shop for THE ITEMS wanted. Most things that you can get here you can get there and some more!!!! Assuming the person is living in London or slightly outside London in the suburbs..... Alternativly, take a tube to Colindale and go to the HUGE CHINESE supermarket there, you can even get Durians and belacan!!!!! There is food court there that you can get "local" food!! Cost lots more than it would be here but then everything has to be shipped in!!
Seriously, not being sarcastic, BUT whatever you can get here you can also get the UK.

Last edited:

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Earlier plan was to emigrate out of Singapore but did not do so when the opportunites arise.
For past 2 to 3 years, Johor has changed quite alot and I believe it is a good retirement home for myself. Also, realised that the properties prices are getting higher each day and foreigner limits increases from RM250K to RM500K so have to make a firm decision before it goes up further.
Yes never too late, just curious what made you change your mind in the last 2 years?

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB market has been under performing ever since the Asian Financial Crisis. Comparatively, JB has not done much in terms of property prices up until 2009/2010. So, I am not surprised that you have been watching the space ever since! In fact, speaking to a few Johoreans, most still lack confident with JB properties (their home ground). Most Johorean would buy for their own stay but invest elsewhere. They would rather invest in Sg, KL or Penang. I also dont blame them for what they have gone through over a decade or so...

IMHO, JB has merely played the catching up game (with owners/investors coming from Sg, KL, Penang etc) thus far. So, if you think the prices are already high, you ain't seen nothing yet! The Johorean are just numbed to all these fanciful development around them in Nusajaya. Well, I dont know about you, if PM Lee sees it and Najib sees it and Johor State supports it - you either see it or missed it!

You can't blame anybody for it.... I do hope you seize it.

Cheers
N

So it is never too late!

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB market has been under performing ever since the Asian Financial Crisis. Comparatively, JB has not done much in terms of property prices up until 2009/2010. So, I am not surprised that you have been watching the space ever since! In fact, speaking to a few Johoreans, most still lack confident with JB properties (their home ground). Most Johorean would buy for their own stay but invest elsewhere. They would rather invest in Sg, KL or Penang. I also dont blame them for what they have gone through over a decade or so...

IMHO, JB has merely played the catching up game (with owners/investors coming from Sg, KL, Penang etc) thus far. So, if you think the prices are already high, you ain't seen nothing yet! The Johorean are just numbed to all these fanciful development around them in Nusajaya. Well, I dont know about you, if PM Lee sees it and Najib sees it and Johor State supports it - you either see it or missed it!

Cheers
N

I think this has legs.

The current demographics will drive it. At the present population of 3.4 million, it is expected to balloon to 4.5 to 5 million by 2020. Maybe more if foreigners (not just Singaporeans) choose it as a retirement location.

Secondly, the economy is humming along nicely now. The association with Singapore should add more billions to the target.

Last but not least, the world will go through an inflationary spin soon. Owning assets always help!

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have quite a few Malaysian colleagues, and in my chit-chat with them, none of them will consider investing in Johor property the last i spoke to them in the last few weeks. Almost all of them continue to maintain that investing in KL property is nothing like Johor property -- phrases like cannot rent out, cannot sell are mentioned when it comes to Johor. What is telling is that none of them have been to Nusajaya before....

Cheers
N

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friends laughed and said that JB is the heaven for burglars. KL folks also said that is the place to "con" sinkies.. Another friend whom father owns a GCB in JB perlangi area said his house has been deserted for decades.. Only cockroaches want to live there.. One private banker shake his head and pass sarcastic remarks. Ihe similarity of these people is they have not stepped into JB for years...

It just confirm the price is still cheap.. If they start buying, we got nothing to buy..

I have quite a few Malaysian colleagues, and in my chit-chat with them, none of them will consider investing in Johor property the last i spoke to them in the last few weeks. Almost all of them continue to maintain that investing in KL property is nothing like Johor property -- phrases like cannot rent out, cannot sell are mentioned when it comes to Johor. What is telling is that none of them have been to Nusajaya before....

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
One person i got acquainted with owns property in quite a few countries, and in the last few months bought properties in New York and Sydney, but maintains that Johor property cannot be touched, due to his purchase some time back which cannot be rented out, and he told me about how he ended up wasting time to visit over weekends just to cleanup the place...

Call me ignorant or a hermit -- but I have yet to meet a single person from KL who owns Johor property and is positive about it, other than a few from MISS (Malaysian investors in singapore).

Cheap gets cheaper sometimes, and more expensive gets more expensive. But considering KL properties are relatively undervalued compared to other South East Asian capital cities, we have a chance if Iskandar takes off in the next 3-5 years.

Nusajaya, Nusajaya... will it be the taman to retire in, or for me to make a some profits. Only time will tell.

My friends laughed and said that JB is the heaven for burglars. KL folks also said that is the place to "con" sinkies.. Another friend whom father owns a GCB in JB perlangi area said his house has been deserted for decades.. Only cockroaches want to live there.. One private banker shake his head and pass sarcastic remarks. Ihe similarity of these people is they have not stepped into JB for years...

It just confirm the price is still cheap.. If they start buying, we got nothing to buy..

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone into Barossa Valley Shiraz? Just had some just now. Also bought a few more bottles to keep. If anyone is interested, search for Two Hands Gnarly Dudes Shiraz -- amazing palate and nice smell.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone into Barossa Valley Shiraz? Just had some just now. Also bought a few more bottles to keep. If anyone is interested, search for Two Hands Gnarly Dudes Shiraz -- amazing palate and nice smell.

Where did you come across "...Gnarly Dudes..." dude :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.