• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been busy trying to sort out my purchase and learnt a few new things... or at least new to me -

1. There are three sets of legal fees one has to pay in a purchase transaction
a. legal fees on the SPA (usually absorbed by the developer)
b. legal fees on the loan agreement (may or may not be absorbed, but can be tagged onto the loan) and
c. legal fees on the memorandum of transfer, not the same as stamp duties which is paid to govt (also may or may not be absorbed by developer)

2. Seems like there is this regulation (dunno effective when) that requires foreigners buying property under a Master title to cut out the individual title and finalise the transfer before the loan can be disbursed. Because of this, I have to pay the stamp duties now even though property is not completed instead of 6 months after collection of keys as was previously told to me by developer.

3. Difference between the two so-called property tax cukai tanah and cukai pintu. Cukai tanah or quit rent is paying tax to the land authority, it is a tax revenue. Cukai pintu or assessment rate is paying to the majilis or council for the maintenance of roads, drains, lights, collection of rubbish etc. Something like our S&CC I suppose. I had always thought that maintenance fee paid to developer was for this purpose but apparently that is only for the maintaining the security system of G&G... Anyway I got info about the two taxes from here http://www.real-estate-malaysia.com...erence-between-quit-rent-and-assessment-rate/

Hope I got my facts right. Would appreciate if the bros and sis here can enlighten or clarify. Thanks!

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Even Msia also protect their citizens in certain way. Unlike in tiny red dot!

When my bro-in-law was retrenched, he was replaced by a Pinoy. Took him apprx 9 mths before he was offered his present job. His starting pay was 1/3 of his last drawn salary fm his previous employment. Got four mouths to feed. Wife no choice but to seek for employment too. Luckily his pigeon hole was fully paid!

As parents, we have to really think hard of our childrens future too. I juz pray hard they be able to survive in tiny red dot. As for contigency plan, getting a property in Msia/JB definitely a step towards the right direction. Wouldnt be surprised very very near future we may see sporeans staying JB but working in tiny red dot. Some of our bros here are already doing it. Juz like our Msian (PRs and green card holders) counterparts...

2/3 pay cut is so sad to hear, took how many years to accumulate these increments and all just lost in a sweep, displaced by a foreigner some more. PAP ought to be ashamed such thing is happening to citizens, but all that they will say is citizens need to go for upgrading and pay is tied to productivity!

Yes, Msia definitely protect their citizens, they don't issue employment pass easily.. In my other ex-job some years ago, my company also had to justify why cannot hire a local when they tried to send SG country head on expat terms to our MY office. But recently, I see angmohs frequently in Jusco/Tesco, I wonder whether these are expats working in the new universities being set up or they are working in SG and now living in JB?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've read this in another forum, they say the background is actually a SG politician.. So take it with a pinch of salt...just my 2 cents..

SG politician or not, I think what he wrote does reflect the situation, nothing seem to be exaggerated..

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you all for the informative forum and kudos to the pioneer starter especially big bro Wuqi. I had following this thread since march 2011. :eek: got a shocked how fast time flies.

I brought sky loft in July last year for holiday home. Was comtemplating getting a landed for home stay but chicken out last minute. With such supportive communities around hopefully I will get my house in JB soonest.

Hope everyone here huat ah.......!

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you all for the informative forum and kudos to the pioneer starter especially big bro Wuqi. I had following this thread since march 2011. :eek: got a shocked how fast time flies.

I brought sky loft in July last year for holiday home. Was comtemplating getting a landed for home stay but chicken out last minute. With such supportive communities around hopefully I will get my house in JB soonest.

Hope everyone here huat ah.......!

Hi Nomadoi

Welcome. U are well on the way already with a loft in the sky :smile:

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about developers, just only recently then i found out, one very good developer (whom i shall not name) was so good to the people, they even gave installments to the deposit
and difference between the bank loan and the remainder. One guy from SG spoilt it though as he stretched their goodwill past the 2 year mark. Imagine if one gets 90% for a 500k house and takes more than 2 years to pay RM 50k .

Nowadays, this good developer learnt its lesson so limiting this to 6 months. I sincerely salute the boss of this company as well as the manager (another good man)

Understand SP also required only RM5K for the first two years.

Snooze

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope Nicole Seah will contest and win, she is so young and intelligent, who say SG got no talent? Only PAP looked down on its own citizens, calling us daft..

Talent lies in the eyes of Pappies.

Only those who screws up are considered talents. MBT, WKS, HC, SAW-smrt

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Reporting live from HH clubhouse now, just came in with family. Heavy rain, just after I let them off at the shelter, a black SG BMW came in and took my spot.

I politely inform the guy that he was in my spot, probably he didnt see what it was for. Smiled and waved nicely but either he didn't see or he is too "High class" as I was driving one of my spare cars.

He didn't say anything but just parked close to his friends. His friends promptly asked the new guard who didn't know
me to make me move. Pointed out nicely that it's my spot but new guard didn't know so I let her check. On the way in bumped into someone senior in HH and said hi to him.

My friend then asked me if I knew the BMW guy as he was walking towards us. Said no, smiled and went for early dinner. Again the menu has changed quite a bit but busy here. The golfers were trying to keep out of the rain so it was doubly crowded at the clubhouse.

Only later then found out the lady guard told them not to park but just happen that BMW driver took my spot. Normally wouldn't bother but it was my spot so no choice but to inform him. The lady guard had to come and chase me away too otherwise his friends were saying its unfair. Especially when he is driving a SG BMW.

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^Whoa you have a reserved lot at the clubhouse? Cool!

I should go to the clubhouse and try the food but have not been impressed on the 4 times I have gone in the past year.

Blasted rain...made me completely soaked while riding...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
^^Whoa you have a reserved lot at the clubhouse? Cool!

I should go to the clubhouse and try the food but have not been impressed on the 4 times I have gone in the past year.

Blasted rain...made me completely soaked while riding...

Thanks man. Their latest menu is not bad. Just bought cake for my wife from the new moonlight cafe. Very nice tri layer cheese cake.

My favourite mechanic again outdone himself, he fixed some issues with my car with no charge. Didn't drive another car for a while so the battery went dead (wife unplugged the solar charger as well) so i jumped the car myself using a jump set. Some jap cars of that generation though, after changing or jumping the batter, their settings have to be reset manually so he helped me with it.

Going to change the exhuast, etc to the car this weekend. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just a quick update, the issue with the developer was finally resolved. Legal help was forthcoming as well as some big guns offered to help but they called and repeatedly apologised and promised to make it up for future launches, so just let it go.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a quick update, the issue with the developer was finally resolved. Legal help was forthcoming as well as some big guns offered to help but they called and repeatedly apologised and promised to make it up for future launches, so just let it go.

Wow Bro Wuqi
The issue was quickly resolved!
But i shudder what wld hv happened should any lesser person than you were in the same situation. Hope that u wil get a much better deal in their future launches.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that the 7 series with number xx5454? I was there around the same time.. People like that should stay in Singapore, don't come here and spoil our image..

Reporting live from HH clubhouse now, just came in with family. Heavy rain, just after I let them off at the shelter, a black SG BMW came in and took my spot.

I politely inform the guy that he was in my spot, probably he didnt see what it was for. Smiled and waved nicely but either he didn't see or he is too "High class" as I was driving one of my spare cars.

He didn't say anything but just parked close to his friends. His friends promptly asked the new guard who didn't know
me to make me move. Pointed out nicely that it's my spot but new guard didn't know so I let her check. On the way in bumped into someone senior in HH and said hi to him.

My friend then asked me if I knew the BMW guy as he was walking towards us. Said no, smiled and went for early dinner. Again the menu has changed quite a bit but busy here. The golfers were trying to keep out of the rain so it was doubly crowded at the clubhouse.

Only later then found out the lady guard told them not to park but just happen that BMW driver took my spot. Normally wouldn't bother but it was my spot so no choice but to inform him. The lady guard had to come and chase me away too otherwise his friends were saying its unfair. Especially when he is driving a SG BMW.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro, congratulations.. they own you a favor and might become your friend.. "bu da bu xiang shi" ==> No fight no friendship..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, a photo of Sky Exec apt Bukit Indah..it is building up nicely..

Just to clarify, I don't own the units there or any Setia units..those cars are also not mine, especially the Merc :smile:

e669286e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.