• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Magic In Moulmein-Kallang GRC

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After the GE, I talked to RA LTY (new M-K MP and Transport Minister). He said a new MRT is in the pipelines but I insisted one station must be at the doorstep downstairs of my block. He said he couldn't guarantee that. I said I don't care about guarantee, just do it. There's plenty of land here for it and plenty of passengers from the residential estate and the industrial estate. If you bypass this as a new station site, the complaint and petition shall go all the way up to LHL and LKY. The new station here was announced late last year and the works have begun now.

That settled, I went to see Yaacob and Denise to complain. My estate is one side new and one side old. I'm on the old side. I asked them they must upkeep the older side of the estate, especially for the poorer and elder. The first estimate quote was about S$6,000 including so-called subsidies, payable in instalments including use of CPF to pay. I was neither interested nor satisfied. I said I'd rather go door-to-door to convince neighbours that would be a rip-off and not to vote for the project. S$6,000? Hire your own contractor is by commonsense surely the better deal.

Cut the story short, now they come up with a new offer. Free for essential repairs and $300 all-inclusive for optional repairs. HDB and/or TC bear the rest of the cost. I'm not boasting, please. This is how I feel we as citizens should deal with MPs and ministers on causes we deem to be fair.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i see increment in conservancy charges looming in the horizon....they give you one dollar and take back one fifty.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its ok...they screw you for 5 years first....then redraw your block to another GRC.

I've already screwed them for first two years, giving me MRT station and cheap upgrading. They want to redraw later? We shall see. At most draw and even. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i see increment in conservancy charges looming in the horizon....they give you one dollar and take back one fifty.

Also, with upgrades, en blocs, a new MRT station or a new mall, expect the rents to go up for neighbourhood shops.

You see those small family businesses: bakeries, barbers, provision shops etc? Soon they will be halved in size, forced to close down, be replaced by cheaper Ah Tiongs, or be replaced by more franchises (e.g. tuition centres, Phoon Huat baking supplies, Ma Kuang TCM etc)

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also, with upgrades, en blocs, a new MRT station or a new mall, expect the rents to go up for neighbourhood shops.

You see those small family businesses: bakeries, barbers, provision shops etc? Soon they will be halved in size, forced to close down, be replaced by cheaper Ah Tiongs, or be replaced by more franchises (e.g. tuition centres, Phoon Huat baking supplies, Ma Kuang TCM etc)

Nothing can be perfect to expectation. Yes, your concern is right. To build the new station, they're demolishing an old mall to rebuild it into a new mall. Rentals will be high and causing rentals in the old neighborhood stalls and shops to rise too. Prices will increase. But that's life. Nothing can be perfect.

Good observation anyway, deserve upping your points. :wink:

Last edited:

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the GE, I talked to RA LTY (new M-K MP and Transport Minister). He said a new MRT is in the pipelines but I insisted one station must be at the doorstep downstairs of my block. He said he couldn't guarantee that. I said I don't care about guarantee, just do it. There's plenty of land here for it and plenty of passengers from the residential estate and the industrial estate. If you bypass this as a new station site, the complaint and petition shall go all the way up to LHL and LKY. The new station here was announced late last year and the works have begun now.

please lah, jalan besar/kallang area already has so many MRT stations. farrer park, little india, boon keng, including kallang lavender, aljunied, tai seng, mcperson, paya lebar etc. how much more and where u want to squeeze?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please lah, jalan besar/kallang area already has so many MRT stations. farrer park, little india, boon keng, including kallang lavender, aljunied, tai seng, mcperson, paya lebar etc. how much more and where u want to squeeze?

The more the merrier and more convenient. Actually, I also asked LTY and Denise that one station should be built at Golden Mile. But being reasonable, I accepted their reply that there's already Nicoll on one side and Lavender on the other side of GM. The Beach Road, North Bridge Road and Victoria Street blocks all are within walking distance to Lavender station, some nearer, some further, but all within reasonable walking distance.

My case is different. My area is surrounded by three stations within a few bus stops distance, but none within walking distance.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The more the merrier and more convenient. Actually, I also asked LTY and Denise that one station should be built at Golden Mile. But being reasonable, I accepted their reply that there's already Nicoll on one side and Lavender on the other side of GM. The Beach Road, North Bridge Road and Victoria Street blocks all are within walking distance to Lavender station, some nearer, some further, but all within reasonable walking distance.

My case is different. My area is surrounded by three stations within a few bus stops distance, but none within walking distance.

U demand is very hard to full fill.
Next time please ask SMRT to build one unit pigeon hole just special for U next to the entry gate(tapping the Ezylink card).
Maybe they can convert the Toilet/Control room for u to stay. Like that no need walking distance. Craw also will reach in less than 1 min.

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal

your are is jl besar right? am curious because if an unknown mrt station pops out, the property value would definetly go up. am always looking out for opportunities.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U demand is very hard to full fill.
Next time please ask SMRT to build one unit pigeon hole just special for U next to the entry gate(tapping the Ezylink card).
Maybe they can convert the Toilet/Control room for u to stay. Like that no need walking distance. Craw also will reach in less than 1 min.

I'll get a station at my doorstep in two years' time. I don't make unreasonable demands. It was already decided a new line is needed after the public outry against MRT lines overloaded under Raymond Lim. So the question was, where are the new stations to be? That was the timely opportunity to lobby for it on reasonable grounds. There're many factors to reason with, the increase in neighborhood population, suitable land etc.

In fact, my wider neighborhood got two more stations nearby, so we'll be having six stations on three lines altogether. Cheers!

your are is jl besar right? am curious because if an unknown mrt station pops out, the property value would definetly go up. am always looking out for opportunities.

The best part of the opportunity was LTY got posted to my GRC and also Transport Ministry and I got to know him during the GE campaigning. Although I was on the other side campaigning against him, he was quite jovial with a sense of friendly rivalry. As Transport Minister, he'll want most of the new stations in his GRC. It was a question of which areas. I gave him the reasons and grounds in my favor. That's it. That's a win-win for both of us. This type of opportunity how to miss? And he lives in Joo Chiat SMC, he'd seen first hand how dangerously groundswell can turn.

Last edited:

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
You shake hands with the devil over MRT stations? I thought you're supposed to be opposition member? You say you area already got 3 stations. Even if you want to fight for more stations, shouldn't you fight for more stations in areas without stations?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then the TC shall be handed over to WP after next GE. :wink:

KNN, I ask the WP candidates to give me free education and free transport and free conservancy fees, and they say go and ask the PAP gahment. That's after they are voted in by the other 60% residents!

You so lucky voted for the PAP candidates!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
myo539 said:
KNN, I ask the WP candidates to give me free education and free transport and free conservancy fees, and they say go and ask the PAP gahment. That's after they are voted in by the other 60% residents!

Go and understand more how Singapore works, who collects the tax and who controls the budget. You can approach any MP, even a PAP MP, if there no approval is given by the govt, nothing can be done. Even though it is elected by only 60%, it has the power of 93%. That is the sorry state of our political system. So you ask me who to put the blame for things going wrong if not the party that holds the 93%. The PAP takes it upon themselves. It sounds stupid, but that is unfortunately the fact.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
You shake hands with the devil over MRT stations? I thought you're supposed to be opposition member? You say you area already got 3 stations. Even if you want to fight for more stations, shouldn't you fight for more stations in areas without stations?

Agree. CPIB must investigate what go on between Ah Ram and LTY. How can his area have so many lines and stations but may area has zero KNN

天理何在?国法何在?!!!

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Investigate what? If you want MRT station near your place, you can also go and see your MP. It depends on how well you present your grounds and reasons.

I can only speak for my own area. I don't live in your area or know it well. You have to do it yourself if you want it.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll get a station at my doorstep in two years' time. I don't make unreasonable demands. It was already decided a new line is needed after the public outry against MRT lines overloaded under Raymond Lim.

I think this Raymond Lim is very very swey, he must have peeped Miss Saw urinating twice.. The MRT was built in the 80's and if I am not drunk, Yeo Ning Hong was the transport minister then. This asshole failed to design a system with provision for increase load.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It's not that simple. You'd have to justify concentration of residential population, working commuters traffic etc. Have you attended a parliament sitting? All MPs advocating something must have facts and figures ready to present and debate. It's not Hong Lim free speech or street protest.

You're mistaken. I assented and voted for WP all the way from nomination centre to counting centre fighting and arguing for WP votes. That's why he has to reserve a certain measure of respect for me. If you carry his balls, you'd be in no position to negotiate with him. I point this out not as a boast. I point this out so that all whom have brains and eyes can understand and see clearly, there's no need to fear the government when one stands on solid grounds of reasons.

In any case, there's no such thing as this free or that free. Then you want education for what? Then you want job for what? Study for what? Work for what?