• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

in the 70s, LKY salary only $3,500 and he built Sinkie land from 3rd world to 1st

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal

MINISTERS' salaries are raised for the first time in independent Singapore, from $2,500 a month to $4,500.

Their wages were previously frozen to set an example of wage restraint for other Singaporeans in the young country.

Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew tells Parliament that the salaries are being raised because he wants to appoint newly elected MP Hon Sui Sen, who used to head the Development Bank of Singapore, as the Finance Minister.

Earlier that year, Law Minister E.W. Barker had asked to leave politics as he could not afford his mortgage, which was based on his former income as a lawyer.

It is 'not fair' and 'unrealistic' to ask ministers to earn a wage 'out of all proportion to what they were earning outside the Government and whose family needs are also pressing', says Mr Lee in Parliament.

Also, it will be impossible to attract men of integrity and ability to become ministers with the existing pay once the current ministers leave office.

His own pay will, however, remain at $3,500 to demonstrate his commitment to the policy of no wage increases without productivity growth, he says.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My late father bought our 3 room flat in Ang Mo Kio for $15,800 in 1977.
Lots of folks back then could not afford this type of moolah :rolleyes:
My late father was lucky , he inherited some moolah from my granduncle
:p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY didn't bring the country from 3rd world to 1st. Stop propagating this myth which has been retold many times in National Education and during the annual NDP.

1) When the British left, Singapore already had a thriving port and inherited excellent infrastructure.

2) Albert Winsemius was the brain behind Singapore's economic plan.

3) Singaporeans were hardworking. There was a strong enterprising spirit.

4) Singapore's geographical location is good.

We Singaporeans do not owe LKY anything. He's a backstabbing political opportunist whose legal training honed his tongue for debates. He was a traitor in WW2. He believes in eugenics - the ideology of Hitler.

Stop defending him, and stop giving him undeserved credit.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY didn't bring the country from 3rd world to 1st. Stop propagating this myth which has been retold many times in National Education and during the annual NDP.

1) When the British left, Singapore already had a thriving port and inherited excellent infrastructure.

2) Albert Winsemius was the brain behind Singapore's economic plan.

3) Singaporeans were hardworking. There was a strong enterprising spirit.

4) Singapore's geographical location is good.

We Singaporeans do not owe LKY anything. He's a backstabbing political opportunist whose legal training honed his tongue for debates. He was a traitor in WW2. He believes in eugenics - the ideology of Hitler.

The 60.14% got brain-washed for 4 decades , you can't expect them to change their mindset overnight :biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1970...a 2 rm flat @ queenstown ask for 3k...cash n carry...plate of mee 20 cents...soft drink 5 cents...cuntry not develop yet oredi got cheek to draw 1 pigeon hole per mth salary...tui nia mah chow hei... :rolleyes::biggrin::oIo:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I credit the PAP old guards like Goh KS, Lim KS for not being corrupt like Marcos. (Sure, their sons and daughters are not poor people but they are not grotesquely rich and powerful compared to political families in other SEA countries).

The same can't be said now for the Lee dynasty.

M

Mdm Tang

sorry. will be soon. likely

when the current renovation

is completed at the Owners' Lounge. :smile:

M

Mdm Tang

can i name one of my horses :

Ramseth .? Race Callers will like it also. :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My late father bought our 3 room flat in Ang Mo Kio for $15,800 in 1977.
Lots of folks back then could not afford this type of moolah :rolleyes:
My late father was lucky , he inherited some moolah from my granduncle
:p
A 4-room flat bought in 1971 costs only $8,000. A terrace house then costs about 25k. A MG sportscar would set you back about 5k.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Based on a $2,500 salary in those days, you are able to buy a 3 room flat every 7 months.

let's guess when will this post be in the rubbish chute.. this is so comical!! wahahhahahah!!!! Are you the sinkie one who claim that people need a correct reason to learn a new language???

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I find it funnier when i am rest assured that your stupidity will remain permanently inside you. Comical! ROTFL

when this post is in the rubbhis chute again, i will go there and take a look. hehehhehe yeah yeah, you are so smart that you landed yourself in a rubbish chute.. how ingenious!!!!

Your intellect is so awesome.... you can keep it to yourself.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

MINISTERS' salaries are raised for the first time in independent Singapore, from $2,500 a month to $4,500.

Their wages were previously frozen to set an example of wage restraint for other Singaporeans in the young country.

Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew tells Parliament that the salaries are being raised because he wants to appoint newly elected MP Hon Sui Sen, who used to head the Development Bank of Singapore, as the Finance Minister.

Earlier that year, Law Minister E.W. Barker had asked to leave politics as he could not afford his mortgage, which was based on his former income as a lawyer.

It is 'not fair' and 'unrealistic' to ask ministers to earn a wage 'out of all proportion to what they were earning outside the Government and whose family needs are also pressing', says Mr Lee in Parliament.

Also, it will be impossible to attract men of integrity and ability to become ministers with the existing pay once the current ministers leave office.

His own pay will, however, remain at $3,500 to demonstrate his commitment to the policy of no wage increases without productivity growth, he says.

Sear Hock Rong... it is now the year 2012... stop living in the past or your ass might get mouldy