• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Can I know how big is the house ? Include clubhouse? And furnished?
Thanks.
Hi Aisanbo, the house is 22x70 with a b/u of 2100sf, i think. No clubhouse access... partially furnished with 1 AC, water heater, fridge, washer, kitchen cabinet, with 2-burner stove and hood, 3 fans and lights in all rooms and curtain rails w/o curtains. They are giving 2 access cards and 2 car stickers.

Stamp Duty for lease in Malaysia : Monthly Rental X 12 months - RM2,400.00 / 250 = RMXXX.00 (Round up to the nearest Ringgit) X Number of years = Total Stamping Fee

Your stamp duty = RM1800X12 - RM2400/250 = RM77 X 2 yrs = RM154 plus duplicate copy for landlord RM10 = RM164. Agent is charging you RM100 for service charge which is fair.

Agents in Malaysia are also not suppose to collect commission from 2 parties for the same transaction, as this is know as Dual representation which is against their Agent's Byelaw. They can represent only 1 party and only to collect commission from the party he represent. Landlord have to pay 1 month commission for 2 yrs lease to his appointed agent.
Hi Serenity, thanks for sharing the formula for calculating the stamp duty. As for the agent fee, that could be why he doesn't want me to issue the cheque to his company. I'm not going to pay that, if her is not supposed to collect from me. As a landlord or my apartment in KL, I was also charged 1 month rental for a 2 year tenancy. Like that, must sound it out with this agent, Jxxx Yxx.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, I believe each precinct within the whole development is strata landed. The huge waterfall landscape & lake is not.
IMHO, landed strata should be more secure than normal Gated & Guarded.
The roads and area within G&G is still public area and legally anyone can enter the area.
There can therefore be more strict access control to landed strata properties.

FAQ on Gated & Guarded Community attached.

Attachments

• faq-gated.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 1,618

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regrettably, I could only do this once a while n each time I reluctantly bide goodbye to my place. Feeling sad going back to reality.

Couldn't agree more! Since I'm still staying in SG, whenever I pass the CIQ into JB, I just feel this sense of freedom...I always know that there'll be good food and great massage ahead. Even my wife mentions that I seem like a bird and smile more. Then it feels like a kid reluctantly going back to school after holiday when we cross the Causeway/2nd Link back to SG...

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

is the whole development landed strata titled? this might be an interesting development to follow then. less the eye sore and disastrous individual color palettes many tamans suffer from! :p

just called Cascadia - they ave launch the 2 storey and 3 storwy from 500k onwards...
One quick question guys - Which area is easier to rent out?? Tebrau area or HH/Bukit Indah Area??
Anyone have exoerience in this 2 areas...?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

FAQ on Gated & Guarded Community attached.

This FAQ is interesting and confusing too. So does it mean it is quite useless if developement is non strata , even though it is gated and guarded . Reason , 1) problem if people refuse to pay , 2) it is illegal to stop members of public to acess to development since the roads leading to the houses are actually public road .
Now , how many of the developement is strata title in JB . Is Bukit Indah , HH , Nusa Indaman , Nusa Duta , Bestari Height , and many other strata title ? I thought only LF , EL are strata titled if I am not wrong ? Previously , we are telling people the many dis-avantages of strata titled . Look like we are wrong ?

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

This FAQ is interesting and confusing too. So does it mean it is quite useless if developement is non strata , even though it is gated and guarded . Reason , 1) problem if people refuse to pay , 2) it is illegal to stop members of public to acess to development since the roads leading to the houses are actually public road .
Now , how many of the developement is strata title in JB . Is Bukit Indah , HH , Nusa Indaman , Nusa Duta , Bestari Height , and many other strata title ? I thought only LF , EL are strata titled if I am not wrong ? Previously , we are telling people the many dis-avantages of strata titled . Look like we are wrong ?

Hi,

Not all in leisure farm are strata title. But I wonder if strata title within the same developer land alright? Since the rest of the land still belongs to the developer.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
asianbo:
interesting info.

jasonjst:
the following is a copy from another forum which is the essence from a few published newspaper articles (MY) -
All strata G&G (new & existing)
- No problem since it is a private land. fencing guardpost all ok.

Non strata G&G , e.g. individual title (new)
- non strata G&G must have 24 hrs guard at guard post and must not interfere people/vehicle from entering. e.g. rubbish collecting car.
- at least > 51% agree then only can form.
- Must not force non-paying people to pay.
- Guard post & gate must be temp. structure, renew yearly.
- Perimeter fencing not allowed.

for existing one
- if govt get many complaints they will look at it and remove fence/gate if not compliance. eg. if road block using "tong" causes inconvenient to some residents then it will removed.

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

Not all in leisure farm are strata title. But I wonder if strata title within the same developer land alright? Since the rest of the land still belongs to the developer.

should be no problem when the strata-titles get transfered to individual owners from the master-title.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
asianbo:
interesting info.

jasonjst:
the following is a copy from another forum which is the essence from a few published newspaper articles (MY) -
1) All strata G&G (new & existing)
- No problem since it is a private land. fencing guardpost all ok.

2) Non strata G&G , e.g. individual title (new)
- non strata G&G must have 24 hrs guard at guard post and must not interfere people/vehicle from entering. e.g. rubbish collecting car.
- at least > 51% agree then only can form.
- Must not force non-paying people to pay.
- Guard post & gate must be temp. structure, renew yearly.
- Perimeter fencing not allowed.

3) for existing one
- if govt get many complaints they will look at it and remove fence/gate if not compliance. eg. if road block using "tong" causes inconvenient to some residents then it will removed.

Most of us belong to cat 2 & 3 isnt it ? :confused:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

How do you know the roads leading to the houses belong to developer ?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of us belong to cat 2 & 3 isnt it ? :confused:

shouldn't be a worry, i dun think enforcement is religiously adhered to. also we're looking at some very 'powerful' developers backed by influential who's whos.
main prob lies with the 'defaulters'. actually on hindsight, its also good not to have very good access roads in any development that the public can use esp. if it is a shortcut to somewhere else. else they can complain which is why most blueprints have dead-ends i guess to circumvent.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
shouldn't be a worry, i dun think enforcement is religiously adhered to. also we're looking at some very 'powerful' developers backed by influential who's whos.
main prob lies with the 'defaulters'. actually on hindsight, its also good not to have very good access roads in any development that the public can use esp. if it is a shortcut to somewhere else. else they can complain which is why most blueprints have dead-ends i guess to circumvent.

It is very true that the goverment will want to encourage Gated and Guarded , it is a win -win situation . They (gov) dont need to maintain they roads and less crimes too . Anyway my estate leading to nowhere , hence got no public interest to acess that area. The home owners are mostly rich and well off , so far have not hear of defaulters for last 3 yrs. Why would people want to default RM100/= ? Not malu meh ?

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is very true that the goverment will want to encourage Gated and Guarded , it is a win -win situation . They (gov) dont need to maintain they roads and less crimes too . Anyway my estate leading to nowhere , hence got no public interest to acess that area. The home owners are mostly rich and well off , so far have not hear of defaulters for last 3 yrs. Why would people want to default RM100/= ? Not malu meh ?

actually the roads inside the developments are maintained by mbjb. they are the ones to be called upon should there be a need to repair potholes, lamp-posts etc not the developers. i think we're mostly civic minded and would like our living spaces looking the best they can for years and years but there are others who don't think like that resulting in some of the examples raised earlier. for a good handful of johorians, the concept of g&g is pretty alien after the concept of nusajaya.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
on a separate note, visited Seng's electric on wuqi's list. i must say not bad at all. though it has a strong samsung bias with good warranty terms vis-a-vis other brands. but for the items i was looking for samsung has gotten good reviews. service was excellent pricing wise seems ok too bang for buck. as for the address am not sure whether it is the correct one? I searched on google and it gave me opp. sunway college. but then google map is not updated either. it should be the stretch of shops before the sunway stretch immediately after (I think mah sing's??) the condo blocks. first shop you'll see as you pass the traffic lights.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

Stamp Duty for lease in Malaysia : Monthly Rental X 12 months - RM2,400.00 / 250 = RMXXX.00 (Round up to the nearest Ringgit) X Number of years = Total Stamping Fee
No such experience but I think better pay to the agency, it is safer that way.
I'm going to call the property mgmt company that handles that house I'm renting, and ask them how much commission are they paying him. If they say 1 month rental, then I will call the agent and tell him I won't pay the RM900, or at the very least nego down to RM450 max.

Just in case you run out of ideas what you can do on a weekend in JB... you can go marina south fly kite... oops its go bukit indah fly kite
View attachment 2635
Hey, nice kite bro LeMans2011.... something nice to do with kids...

Definitely and keep away from some agents who take comms from both sides. Btw, just heard
boss of a successful real estate agency has a semi-d in the Gateway too and just moved in recently.
Ok, so agent should only collect from the landlord. Thanks bro wuqi.

Hi Vincent,

Is this your temporary plan due to security reasons? I'm just curious.
Bro Investor, my house in NI will only be completed mid to late 2012; after renovation maybe it will 2013 before I can move in. My HDB tenancy expires 30th Nov, so to make the transition easier and to save some money, we decided to move to HH. SGD1600 HDB rental vs RM1800 HH rental... and won't have to pump SG petrol anymore... it's more about savings for us.

Lastly, i don't know how many of them are used to the idea of paying maintenance and sinking fund. In Nusa Idaman, there is an issue of some residents refusing to pay the monthly contribution to the security fees funds - they claim that they don't need security. Why the fxxk do you buy a gated precinct if you hate to pay for security?? There is a neighbouring development "Kiara Hills" where they have done away with the security post because the majority of residents decided they don't want that. When these people stop contributing to maintenance and sinking fund... the place will rot.
Bro LeMans2011... I hope this won't happen in NI Precinct 8, which is supposed to be the premier precinct in NI. I already know 2 SG Malays staying around my future house, hopefully as Singaporeans they will have a strong need to maintain the security and pay the fees after the free first 3 yrs fees.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm going to call the property mgmt company that handles that house I'm renting, and ask them how much commission are they paying him. If they say 1 month rental, then I will call the agent and tell him I won't pay the RM900, or at the very least nego down to RM450 max.
Hey, nice kite bro LeMans2011.... something nice to do with kids...

Ok, so agent should only collect from the landlord. Thanks bro wuqi

Bro Investor, my house in NI will only be completed mid to late 2012; after renovation maybe it will 2013 before I can move in. My HDB tenancy expires 30th Nov, so to make the transition easier and to save some money, we decided to move to HH. SGD1600 HDB rental vs RM1800 HH rental... and won't have to pump SG petrol anymore... it's more about savings for us.

Hi Vincent,

That's a very wise choice you have made.

Bro LeMans2011... I hope this won't happen in NI Precinct 8, which is supposed to be the premier precinct in NI. I already know 2 SG Malays staying around my future house, hopefully as Singaporeans they will have a strong need to maintain the security and pay the fees after the free first 3 yrs fees.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

It used to be that it takes very long time to get the strata title deed which creates problem when selling. I believe it has been rectified already with some new laws.
Individual titled G&G should be ok if all owners think like-minded and willing to pay.
But if only say 60% agrees, these 60% will subsidize the other 40% who would also get the security without paying. There's nothing you can do.
In time, some of the 60% would "dulan" and not pay too.
Also, New resale owners have no obligation at all to pay.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

Vincentck,

In a similar situation, the agent for the landlord was asking me for half month rental as comm for a one year lease.

Well, I did not take up that lease, so I do not know of the payment method.

I think, (maybe I am wrong), over here, the terms are negotiable, it is ultimately how much $$ one pays, it can be "packaged" in a few forms such as comm, service fee or some kind of charges. Landlord nay agree to some requests by tenant but try to recover that cost in another way. It is all about negotiation.

I usually look at what is the total cost that I have to pay, to determine if it suits my budget and needs.
Bro Abugumgum, mine asked for 1/2 mth rental too, even though my lease was for 2 years. Although it is lower than my budget of RM2k/mth rental, but I would still like to save wherever possible. Thanks for sharing.

Ladies and gents, just to share something... my rented HH house is own by an Australian citizen Sri Lankan who's only in her mid-20s. I believe she also owns another property in HH. Apparently, this property management company manages 160 houses around the area, some from HH, some by SP Setia. I suspect a few rich Sri Lankans are using numerous names to purchase properties in Nusajaya for investment purposes. And with the initial purchase price of RM200k from the developer for that Gateway house, loan installment is probably less than RM1k. If they rent out a house for RM2k, that's 1k gross profit; multiple by 160 house, makes potentially RM160k for them every month. WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.