• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Jettset

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh you poor thing! I must agree, the salespeople is most lacking!
Property wise, its great and more importantly it does not have foreign limit (like SPH) - which is good for price upside as it means the target market is way bigger. They are sold out because they launch this in other countries (mid east, japan) where they received good response. Internally, I am told staff & friends took up not that much percentage wise, only slight discount for staff (not friends). 1Medini being right in front of Pinewoods mean, you get a clear view, a good market for tenants. Its a real bummer not being able to get the unit we want...so you have my empathy
SPH is great too, right by the water and all the other pros, which you already know of course.
I like Impiana too - right next to East Ledang, very nice established neighbourhood vibe to it!

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh you poor thing! I must agree, the salespeople is most lacking!
Property wise, its great and more importantly it does not have foreign limit (like SPH) - which is good for price upside as it means the target market is way bigger. They are sold out because they launch this in other countries (mid east, japan) where they received good response. Internally, I am told staff & friends took up not that much percentage wise, only slight discount for staff (not friends). 1Medini being right in front of Pinewoods mean, you get a clear view, a good market for tenants. Its a real bummer not being able to get the unit we want...so you have my empathy
SPH is great too, right by the water and all the other pros, which you already know of course.
I like Impiana too - right next to East Ledang, very nice established neighbourhood vibe to it!

oh well.. fate may have decreed that 1medini is not for meant for me...certainly would have been a lovely home to have. If cash, time and space permit, I'd love to purchase a nice home in medini one day.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh well.. fate may have decreed that 1medini is not for meant for me...certainly would have been a lovely home to have. If cash, time and space permit, I'd love to purchase a nice home in medini one day.

was invited to the launch of North Tower last month, found out price has increase to RM530 per sq ft,in my opinion not worth to buy for that kind of price.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to put my 2 yr old LED 42" TV in my car and drive over thru the Causeway.
Need I pay duty for used electrical appliances?
Any difference if theres a Malaysian in the car, claiming that he got it from a 2nd hand shop?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you can but you will need to pay the transfer fees and if after 10-20 years, then sell at least no issue with Real Gains Tax as one pays nothing after 5 years.

The main issue is on the trust though, unless one is very sure else it is a possible avenue for dispute further in the future.

How about doing a "held in trust" agreement with the relative in a lawyer's office to avoid future dispute?
This way, the relative will not be able to sell the property quietly and pocket the money.

GoreNah

Re: Question about Singaporean buying malaysia property

hi! newbie here.
we're kinda ok with that 500k price cap..i mean of course lower better la :smile:
But the other rule on having to open a fixed deposit of $300000 is so hefty for us although it says that we can withdraw 150k later :s
There's no other way to not doing it and get our dream home & better quality of life in MY ??

Anyhow Wuqi, thx for all the efforts and initiatives for these forums :smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi! newbie here.
we're kinda ok with that 500k price cap..i mean of course lower better la :smile:
But the other rule on having to open a fixed deposit of $300000 is so hefty for us although it says that we can withdraw 150k later :s
There's no other way to not doing it and get our dream home & better quality of life in MY ??

I bought a house in NI but no need to open a fixed deposit.
Are you applying for MM2H ?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you talking about MM2H scheme? You don't need that to buy house thus don't need to put any 300K fixed D.. Moreover once you buy house above 1M, you "might not" have to put any deposit for MM2H scheme..

hi! newbie here.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi crystal thx for the reply!
after i posted i chanced upon this :
http://thinkproperty.com.my/realest...s/mm2h-malaysia-my-2nd-home-the-benefits.html

i guess im too eager and sumhow paranoid abt this going-out-of-"comfort"-zone ting. heh. shall do more readings and stuff before posting in future.

thx once again !

U r welcome. Buying a house in jb is not complicated. Do feel free to ask us if u r in doubts.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mm2h

Some questions regarding the application for MM2H -
Had anyone here already applied ?
Is it complicated to apply yourself instead of thru an agent (understand the fee is about RM5K to 6K)?

sofiaamelia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy property in malaysia but no income proof

i am doing freelance job. looking to buy a JB property. i know most bank give 80% loan.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buy property in malaysia but no income proof

i am doing freelance job. looking to buy a JB property. i know most bank give 80% loan.

U can show them your fixed deposit or savings acct to proof that u can service e loan .
Now banks are stricts on loans , they might give u lower % loan amount.

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't have a monthly pay slip to show as proof of my income while applying for a loan because I work for a foreign company that remits my salary directly to my bank account.

I had to provide the last 3 month's bank statements, remittiance statements, Income Tax declarations and CPF contribution statements. I also had to provide a Credit Bureu report. With these, I got my loan application pre-appproved with a letter of offer (I'm now deciding if I should go with that bank).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Mm2h

Some questions regarding the application for MM2H -
Had anyone here already applied ?
Is it complicated to apply yourself instead of thru an agent (understand the fee is about RM5K to 6K)?

Not that complicated and don't really need agents if you have enough $$$ and meets their requirements but need to make at least one visit to KL regardless whether you do it yourself or not.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

What sis Crystal said is true, the only way to convince them is to show you bank account and how much you can put in monthly, etc.
That and any CBS reports you have as well as stocks/shares or any assets you may have to prove you are able to service the loan.

lattner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like to check with all,

For a new development, there are some nicks and retification works that the developer has to carry out, is it wise to pay in full for a sub sale house? As a 2nd owner would the house be still under "warranty" from the developer?

By paying full for a sub sale, are there any risk, would I recieve the title deed immediately from the developer?

Thanks in advance.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just obtained my driving license need some advice... (travelling SG to JB,to and fro)

Hi, I am considering cars like

1. Kia Picanto
2. Perodua Kenari
3. Proton Savvy

All these are budget cars i feel .. are they suffice to allow me to travel daily from JB to SG , to and fro?

On top that, should i buy a normal or a OPC car plate?

hope living in JB people can advise.

Thank you..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Just obtained my driving license need some advice... (travelling SG to JB,to and

Hi, I am considering cars like

1. Kia Picanto
2. Perodua Kenari
3. Proton Savvy

All these are budget cars i feel .. are they suffice to allow me to travel daily from JB to SG , to and fro?

On top that, should i buy a normal or a OPC car plate?

hope living in JB people can advise.

Thank you..

Maybe 2 if its really more fuel efficient. Buy OPC and get the new scheme.