• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, havent been posting recently due to slow internet connection. Can i ask you guys which internet provider u guys having and also which handphone postpaid service provider u guys having... As there is a big amount for deposit as for foreigners, i was wondering which one i should sign up. Hope can get some infor from u guys...
i recently got P1 but receiving not so good, so went for refund. Unifi went to ask have to pay deposit 1750RM, a crazy amount of money!! How good if they give special arrangements for Singaporeas!

Now using U mobile thumb drive internet, but dun know which wifi broadband so my ipad can be used once again.

cheers

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^I am on Unifi but didn't have to pay a deposit though.

Will opt for Unifi over all other options as it is a fiber optic connection not affected by lightning storms and has good and stable upload/download speeds.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^I am on Unifi but didn't have to pay a deposit though.

Will opt for Unifi over all other options as it is a fiber optic connection not affected by lightning storms and has good and stable upload/download speeds.

Hey bro, can tell me how u apply without paying an deposit? i want to get that also!! Dun tell me u malaysian ok!!
How much u pay monthly?

Maybe the time u signed up the rule for collecting deposit not out yet! hahahaha

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm, TM people never asked me for it so I never paid :smile: Could be during the initial phase they were more interested in getting people to sign up by going door-to-door. This is how I signed up.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hmm, TM people never asked me for it so I never paid :smile: Could be during the initial phase they were more interested in getting people to sign up by going door-to-door. This is how I signed up.

I think you got lucky as they need that for foreigners like us, had to put in deposit for first Streamyx and then when we upgraded to Unifi, they returned us the Streamyx deposit but did not ask for the 2nd deposit.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Can definitely see some lights from Legoland but a lot of lightning as well.
Grounding of units especially the corner is essential, i deliberately lowerd
my antenna as well as Astro until no one can see them. Even have some
guys recently asking me why i am too poor to install Astro or antenna. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for sharing the nice pics Ginfreely.
Good information on the solar stuff from bro Grago.
Always alot to learn from the good people here. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Sis Crystal,

Its always important to have someone to put in some lightning protection even though it may mean that house may get more lightning strikes.
Always have a fire extinguisher handy whether in a car or in a house.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I had a talk with the fat lady boss of the Dian-xin corner shop ( cant remember the name of the shop but its very funny name anyway) in Horizon Hills.

One thing she told me which is real. The owners of HH in the early phases are so lucky. Buy 1 get 1 free. What she meant was this:-

-those who bought terraces @ RM 250K are now selling at RM 500k and
-those who bought clusters @ RM 400K are now selling @ RM 800K.
-Those who bought Semis @ RM 700K are now selling for RM 1.4M.
-Those who bought bungalows @ RM 1.8M are now selling for RM 3.6M

From the statistics, it does seem to be the fact. I tried calling my favourite agents to chit-chat with them today as they are normally too busy to entertain my calls during weekends. Many Semis are asking for RM 1.4 m for 2 storey and RM 1.6M for 2.5 storey. Semi-Ds in the Golf ( 50x100) are now asking for over RM 2 M. Its really buy one get one free. Even Nusa Idaman semis are asking for RM 1.4M - RM 1.6M! I remember there was one desperate forummer here who was very eager to sell his semi d at Nusa Idaman @ just RM 700K+ 6 months ago. Where on earth is he now? If he can hold until now, just selling at RM 1.2M will earn him some big fat profits after deducting the what ever penalty and taxes

Yes they are so lucky, i only got this:

-Those who bought Semis @ RM 800K

The rest are all from subsale as i bought some later so some are much higher than the price
she quoted.

-terraces @ RM 400K
-cluster @ RM 500K

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Could be political pressure or even contractual clauses..wouldn't know for sure unless one has the inside scoop.

Chelsea Premium Outlet? You mean Johore Premium Outlet? :wink: Such a place does not interest me but I have brought overseas guests and business associates there for lunch so for me, it does serve a purpose.

That is the risk of investing in a foreign country. We can moan/complain all we want but we have no or little say. Although I think it has improved compared to the Lot 1, Pacific Mall days. Thus I think it best that those interested to invest or stay here, do their own homework and due diligence rather than just depending on what has been posted online. I do not wish to be held accountable for a decision that you may regret.

Agree, best to do own due dilligence rather than hear say. Even for those who has been here for 10-20 years, they told me things have progressed
so much as never before. Senai + Kulai area will see some transformation, the domestic airport will be upgraded soon as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just heard yesterday that NI 8B show house was on fire when lightnings striked last month ....
So scary man!!!
Guess have to do a lot of preventive measures on lightnings for corner lot ....

I think the show house was just a basic mock up hence not a lot of protection, etc.
Was so busy with work and also on the weekends, helping relatives, etc to get their things done.

Was a depressing week workwise but on the good stuff, finally resolved my issue with the commercial unit, so now got 2 units.
This developer made good on their promises and they showed me the good side of what a developer could be. Kudos to them.

Went to a new condo project by them and recommended my neighbours to check it out, my learned neighbour went there to check out
and in the end bought two. Good potential i think, they had early bird discounts too.

Went to see and in the end bought 1 as well and negotiated for a good bro to get one. A good bro neighbour was also keen so i asked
for them and in the end got 10k off for each of them. My wife always said i am good at negotiating for others but never for myself.

A bit blur these few days though, either i drive in circles, just feel very tired.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Mallow, i can actually see well enough to drive without glasses. I can shoot well enough without glasses too. Was really late that night and was an emergency so no choice. Challenging night though as long drive.

Found a gem of a place in Pontian so i took my wife and son there on one of the weekends and it was right beside the sea and was pretty self contained with a hypermarket, food court, even RM2 dollar shop. Stayed at Hotel Pontian, it has a 24 x 7 Indian food store downstairs as well as opposite a 7 eleven store. Pretty
good for fishing too and there are also stores around selling fishing gear. Quite nice to relax by the sea with satay, chicken wings etc. Hotel is a bit old though but pretty professional staff, free wifi as well as breakfast.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Originally Posted by sgtsk
Now I could almost figure how Wuqi looks like. He drives a Malaysian car sometimes, b spectacled , quite well built, about 5' 9", little unshaven, with some moustache, very kind and friendly looking, surprisingly good looking...ladies, pls keep your hands off for the sake of his wife.

very humble looking n hugable , hahahaha , just joking ....

Thanks everyone, definitely humble looking but nothing else about me that is special. I drive a MY car mostly whenever i am in town. I agree though with HH though, not every SG car is driven by a Singaporean just like not every MY plate is driven by a local. :smile:

I try always to be courteous though sometimes its challenging, so far never really horned anyone here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Funny my wife, the ninja warrior show just started, she asked me. How come though i am so fat, i can always run so fast and i am so heavy but she can barely hear my footsteps. I told her, hippos can run fast too, just that they don't see anything worth their time to run for. :P

Come to think of it, i did surprise many colleagues in the past because of my soft footsteps.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My son likes watching Nick Junior channel so much here especially the Dora Explorer one. Recently on Youtube he searched for and found scary Dora items like: Dora the murderer and Dora kills swiper. Really gory but he laughed so hard.

Didn't really notice until i saw Dora's head flying around so kids these days, have to watch out what they are watching.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny my wife, the ninja warrior show just started, she asked me. How come though i am so fat, i can always run so fast and i am so heavy but she can barely hear my footsteps. I told her, hippos can run fast too, just that they don't see anything worth their time to run for. :P

Come to think of it, i did surprise many colleagues in the past because of my soft footsteps.

"Float like a butterfly and Sting like a Bee........"

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a talk with the fat lady boss of the Dian-xin corner shop ( cant remember the name of the shop but its very funny name anyway) in Horizon Hills.

One thing she told me which is real. The owners of HH in the early phases are so lucky. Buy 1 get 1 free. What she meant was this:-

-those who bought terraces @ RM 250K are now selling at RM 500k and
-those who bought clusters @ RM 400K are now selling @ RM 800K.
-Those who bought Semis @ RM 700K are now selling for RM 1.4M.
-Those who bought bungalows @ RM 1.8M are now selling for RM 3.6M

From the statistics, it does seem to be the fact. I tried calling my favourite agents to chit-chat with them today as they are normally too busy to entertain my calls during weekends. Many Semis are asking for RM 1.4 m for 2 storey and RM 1.6M for 2.5 storey. Semi-Ds in the Golf ( 50x100) are now asking for over RM 2 M. Its really buy one get one free. Even Nusa Idaman semis are asking for RM 1.4M - RM 1.6M! I remember there was one desperate forummer here who was very eager to sell his semi d at Nusa Idaman @ just RM 700K+ 6 months ago. Where on earth is he now? If he can hold until now, just selling at RM 1.2M will earn him some big fat profits after deducting the what ever penalty and taxes

Ya bro HH i remember him i think his nick is Kaeel. Really NI semi D price also shoot up that high? I Can only be happy for the paper profit :smile:. Not selling mine any time soon unless it quadruple in price hahah (jus kidding).

Just relief And thankful to Bro Wuqi for startng this thread.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very nicely taken from 2nd floor of Giant Nusa Bestari :smile:

Thanks for sharing the nice pics Ginfreely.
Good information on the solar stuff from bro Grago.
Always alot to learn from the good people here. :smile:

This one pasted with fairy is my favourite :smile:...Mr DIY shop in Tesco building...

df3496d3.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Mallow, i can actually see well enough to drive without glasses. I can shoot well enough without glasses too. Was really late that night and was an emergency so no choice. Challenging night though as long drive.

Found a gem of a place in Pontian so i took my wife and son there on one of the weekends and it was right beside the sea and was pretty self contained with a hypermarket, food court, even RM2 dollar shop. Stayed at Hotel Pontian, it has a 24 x 7 Indian food store downstairs as well as opposite a 7 eleven store. Pretty
good for fishing too and there are also stores around selling fishing gear. Quite nice to relax by the sea with satay, chicken wings etc. Hotel is a bit old though but pretty professional staff, free wifi as well as breakfast.

Hi, how long does it take to drive to Pontian from jB? I have never been there...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.