• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Whoah Brother Wuqi, thanks for your wise words. I really respect you as a brother who is always there to help and give advice! What you are saying is really true and really means a lot to me, I'll copy paste this post and keep it somewhere so that I will always remember what you said. I think only people who have gone through a lot in life are able to think like you, very matured thinking! If everyone thinks like you, there will definitely be world peace!

I guess sometimes life is sad, we just have to take the truth and move on, I believe this is very much like going to view a house and falling in love with its location, design and all only to find out you do not have enough to pay for downpayment or get a loan. So concentrate on getting yourself financially ready so that when you see what you want again, you will be ready for it. A failed deal may be a missed opportunity now, but it may be a blessing in disguise when you've finally found a better home in future! :smile:

Thanks for your kind words, once you go through it, you will know. Better to have loved and lost then never to love at all. I only wished i had your level of wisdom when i was your age.

What you went through, will only make you tougher. Even the strings of a bow must first move back in order to launch an arrow beyond.

Just like Dugu Jiu Jian, (Wu Xia sword play), it was a swordplay supposedly gleaned from defeat and failure, learn from it
(and be better), refusal to admit one was wrong is to be doomed to repeat the same mistake forever. No one is infallible.

I should know, i was once one of the greatest failures of all and still learning to proceed one day (hopefully) to success.

I discovered that there was no easy way out or any real short cut to success.

Only after going through the following steps does one really progress:
1.Failure occurs 2. Realisation of failure 3. Reflection 4. Analysis 5. Admission of ones fault 6. Learning 7. Move on 8. Apply 9. Succeed

Most people just go straight from 1) - 8) and bypassing all the steps in between. They never really get to learn and hence goes straight
back to 1. the next time something similar happens. It becomes a vicious cycle.

Experience takes time to savour and like the bouquet of a fine wine, has its own pace, surprising one with long awaited realisation when
one least expects it.

Yes, fully agree. Preparing oneself for success, visualising it, believing and then living it. I know you can do it but the only person who can
do it is one who believes in himself.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuji

May I get the rights to your life story? And if possible, film rights too....
The last few pages for this forum is like a best seller paperback and a page turner! :smile:

Thanks, mine is just a common story.

Still remembered one man who inspired me, he stood once on a podium and against impossible foreign and local odds, helped inspire a whole new generation and sparked off my interest in the knowledge economy. I was helping to take pictures that day but my ears were not at rest.

Everyone was in awe of him, yes its true that the enterprise he helped created was funded by others but by golly he was the main reason why it made any sense as everyone followed him and continued to push for the same thing.

Raising the glass high to the one man who made it all happen. The humility, the friendship as well as the staunch stewartship that made the impossible, possible.
That man deserves a book to be written about him, not me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yeah Tea Garden at the roundabout have this irritating habit of closing off a large section and squeeze all the people to the remaining tables. I thought it is abit strange too, afterall the whole eatery area is not that big?! Some of the food I tried is not warm enough like the fried bee hoon and mee goreng..

Actually I find eating at coffee shops in MY not much cheaper than eating at eatery shops, and the latter environment is better - less smoke and flies - especially those with air con. The last time I ate at the Golden coffee shop mee hoon kuey, there was a fly in the soup and when I told the stall lady and asked her to cook another bowl (nicely btw), her smiley face turned black immediately and brought back the bowl without a word..

Its funny actually, sometimes the companies here don't seem to be interested in their customers, even regular or once loyal customers. Yes thats why sometimes might as well go to cafe or restaurants.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My exact sentiments.

Just published. A brand new 2.0 Toyota Camry goes for $161,988.

Scary and sad at the same time, at this rate, difficult to get a replacement SG car for my dad to take my mother and grandma around.
In a way, understand that they are also trying to curb the many many cars clogging up our highways.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Arowana, i was replying to someone elses request but just suddenly thought about you so sharing the contacts here as well.

Can try this:
http://www.easyterra.com/malaysia/car-rental-johor-bahru.html

Some contacts:

Pernas Sime Darby Rent-A-Car Sdn Bhd
Podium 1C, Menara Ansar, 65, Jalan Trus, Johor Bahru, 80000
07-2237520

Orix Car Rentals Sdn. Bhd.www.orixcarrentals.com.my/
G1 Jalan Gereja
Johor Bahru
07-2241215

Car Rental Sdn. Bhd
35, Jalan Rosmerah 4/12, Taman Johor Jaya, Johor Bahru, 81100
07-3550781

This is for the airport(Senai):
http://www.europcar.com.my/

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
wow , so fast need to do it meh .... i still looking at themes and designs .....
Actually I know nuts abt housing things leh ....simi materials etc also a headache to me ....

You know, i feel 100% confidence in you and Bro DOA and some of the forummers. You already made it so far, this little thing is not beyond you.
Sometimes its just that the more options, the more the confusion.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes, really. Can feel it from your words. I'm a "sensitive" guy haha

Aiya, chill ... Turn a deaf ear Lo. Let him moan. His result will be the same. He can cry father cry mother, but u shouldn't get yourself upset la. U should be busy thinking how u wanna deco your house Liao ... And start to compile a price list and supplier. Start early, this should be a joyful milestone in your life ...

Agree, she got a bit distant recently. I think that german can is starting to get too much on her nerves. Luckily she never told him Du....a........
You guys should talk more :smile:

A little encouragement, goes a long long way sometimes.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
seriously , i dun know why ppl like to borrow things from ppl ! i can understand how your wife feels .....
if those seriously need the car , can loan it to them but not always la .....

Those who are in the league of "borrow cars" are also the same ones who will lend me theirs if the roles were reversed. They don't normally borrow but then i guess its also because i try to give them the better or newer cars so hence wife sometimes complains a little.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good on you, wishing you well with your journey here.
My two cents worth below (quick one)

Hi Guys,

Didnt want to open anew thread so decided to post here unless u guys tink its worth a thread on its own.
Over the past one year, my wife and I have been toying with the idea f mobing to JB and working in S'pore.
The good thing is that my wife and I have been frequent travellers to JB by car. we literally know JB at the back of our hands.

Our decision to move to JB was due to several factors:
A) Congestion in Singapore. We stay in the north part of spore but looking ard at the BTOs and the upcoming flats, we dun tink the transport system can handle this
b) We are hoping to earn some passive income using the CPF which was paid for the house. Like getting some returns from the CPF
c) My wife and I we like quiet pastures to stay in
d) Freehold property
e) We intend to retire there eventually.
f) Lower expenditure.

Homework we have done:
a) Over the last one year, we have surveyed and scour potential properties from Bkt Indah,Mt Austin, HH, Leisure Farm etc.
b) We are very impressed with HH...the rest had some factor or another which affected our decision e.g Bkt Indah looks a little too run down, Mt Austin was too far away to the 2nd link, leisure farm was a bit out of the way and the price per square feet looks high.same for east leadang
c) We estimated the price we can go for and we intend to go no more than RM900000

Some burning questions:
a) I spoke to a few pple in HH for quotes and monthly payments and a breakdown of the payments. It seems different agents give me diferent quotes and explanations. I am rathe confused.
Can anyone post me a link or a calculation for me. best is with examples.
My last talk with an agent was this breakdown:

Stamp Duties - amt ?? Normally 3 percent but some developers absorb this, please remember that bank loan also have stamp duty and legal fees (not that much as compared to the first one)
Lawyers Fee - amt ?? Normally 5-6k but can ask for discount. PLEASE ASK FOR DISCOUNT
20% downpayment or 15% depending on loan amt - correct? Yes if you can get 85% or at least 80%
Thats all? No, there is also a 10,000 foreign levy if there is even one Singaporean/foreigner name inside the property

Generally, what is the maximum number of years one can take a loan? Can one if let say with a bit more income decides to pay a bit more for the month? Depends on the banks and also how comfortable they are with you. 10, 20 years 30 years and up to age 65 is the max normally.

b) Different agent tells me different amts to be paid at different phases. What is a typical payment for each phase?
Go with developer whenever possible. Phase is only if you have progressive payment and the house is still being constructed then you will normally pay a certain amount at each stage or in the case of a loan, the banks will slowly disburse

c) can the owner's name be different from the bank loan name. e.g can i put the name of the house under my mum's name (she is abv 60 yrs old) but the bank loan under my name? Yes you can have it in your mums name but then you will have to pay the 10k levy if either you or your mother are not Malaysian.

d) What is the concept of strata? Shared ownership, some landed units have this as well. A bit more restrictions but also maybe more protection in certain sense. Check with your lawyer. Use own lawyer where possible.

e) I have also looked at resale and saw some pretty nice gems in HH. Any thoughts on resale? any horrifying stories? What to look out for?
Yes you can. I bought some from subsale in fact. As a general rule, avoid agents, most of them revolves around some agents who don't bother to follow up or over promise. Use own lawyer

f) I have a singapore car. but i intend to get a malaysian car if i move there. What are the additional tax we foreigners need to pay for owning a car? both pre-owned and first hand?

Same taxes applies, you can save on the 30% tax and more, etc if you get MM2H so that you can buy or import a foreign car without the taxes.
Cannot sell within 2 years if i am not mistaken. If one fully pays up a 1 M property here, you can just put 150k into an FD, show proof of incoming overseas incoming of at least 10k RM a month and get MM2H. Car loans can be applied for as well, around 70-80% for up to 9 years normally

g) Last qn, what is a typical maintenance/security/conservancy charge in HH?
I pay all in one lump sum so can't really be 100% but here goes:
90 for terrace, 110 for cluster and 130 for semi d.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know, i feel 100% confidence in you and Bro DOA and some of the forummers. You already made it so far, this little thing is not beyond you.

Ya lor , more options caused confusion.
Luckily , I still hv a helpful jb neighbour to rely on renovations things.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
He definitely got on her nerves. But ah tiong, don't need to be so worked up after work right? Just come in here to chill and wind down, don't stay so distant k :smile:

Agree, she got a bit distant recently. I think that german can is starting to get too much on her nerves. Luckily she never told him Du....a........
You guys should talk more :smile:

A little encouragement, goes a long long way sometimes.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your big doze of confidence booster, bro!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi has answered all. But I have a point to add on the discount of the lawyer. I asked similar question on the discount before, although I received no answer, but my recent transaction had allowed me to find out some info, thought I would share.

For the discounts (if given), most lawyers will give their discount % based on the following scale:

1) S&P <100k - less 25%
2) S&P >100k but <500k - less 30%
3) >500k - less 35%

Take note that these discounts are on lawyer fees only, not the disbursements whatsoever.

These are the info I gathered from several enquiries with several solicitors. This is a guide, but based on further bargain, I had 2 lawyers that were willing to give extra 5%, on top of the scale stated above.

So rule of thumb, ask and you may get :smile: good luck

Good on you, wishing you well with your journey here.
My two cents worth below (quick one)

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok la. Still pretty standard, because it's basically 2.4 really ... Those additional .05 % won't hurt the bank at all ... It's peanuts to them ...

Btw, I had never signed so many docs at one go ... I needed 1.5 hours to sign everything, and on every single page!

Quite gd deal leh. Mine only -2.4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.