• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Crystal, If you are not in a hurry, you might want to take it slow. Every property has its pros and cons. I would suggest to check and compare with at least 2-3 banks before making a decision. I have 3 forummers who PMed me about bad deals just for SXXXXXX bank alone.

Oh , meaning alithough UOB approved my loan, i can still source for other banks right ?
my sales gal keep pushing UOB ....

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Just to share, based on the experiences i had and from folks here who shared with me, 3 banks i wouldn't touch:

1. SXXXXXXX Chartered Bank
2. H X X C
3. U X

Your mileage may vary of course but they cited bad representation, high interest rates and lock in clauses.

Just because they have branches in Singapore as well does not mean they do well or provide good service
here. I have friends who told me H X X C folks told them that they can never get loan to buy car or house
in Johore as they are foreigners! That was the only time i had to ever get involved and got another bank
to talk to them. Within days, approval came and then documentation followed. Folks from the SXXXX bank
was worse, promised and told my friends and some forummers here one thing and did another.

You might be better off with some of the local banks, after all, you are borrowing money them to finance a home.
They are way MORE afraid of you than you of them.

Alamak bro wuqi i took up wif the third bank on ur nono list...now can onlycross finger hope nothg wrong isit?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh , meaning alithough UOB approved my loan, i can still source for other banks right ?

Crystal u hv not signed anythg so no need to worry if u dont like for wateva reason with d bank..she is EXXXXr isit ya quite pushy but u no need yo succumb.. I took not cos she push cos it suited me

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would suggest u may consider public bank~they payout money very fast.
And once u have decided few bank,js go apply them all in one time. Wait which 1 revert then u can compare n tink n sign on that

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
guys

wow , uob sent me mortgage planner ....

Loan Amount $460,605
Tenure of Loan : 30yrs
Total Repayment : $810,877.17
Total Interest Paid : $350,272.37

BLR -2% Interest rate 4.2%

The interest we pay can buy another house liao , wish I can strike toto first prize and clear off one time....

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
guys

wow , uob sent me mortgage planner ....

Loan Amount $460,605
Tenure of Loan : 30yrs
Total Repayment : $810,877.17
Total Interest Paid : $350,272.37
BLR -2% Interest rate 4.2%
The interest we pay can buy another house liao , wish I can strike toto first prize and clear off one time....

Hi
How much is the Downpayment n monthly repayment??

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Crystal, If you are not in a hurry, you might want to take it slow. Every property has its pros and cons. I would suggest to check and compare with at least 2-3 banks before making a decision. I have 3 forummers who PMed me about bad deals just for SXXXXXX bank alone.

Bro Wuqi is right, the 3 banks he mentioned were not only bad but very slow in processing & service are really poor...local banks services are way better.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Yes, you can still do a u turn now. Don't be pressured by them or anyone into signing with any bank. You have the right to shop
around. Also, where in any doubtful situation when buying a property, you have the right to say no before S&P, etc. Even then
there are still ways to get out. Where in cases for buying subsale property, always insist on getting a separate lawyer so that
one represents you and the other represents the seller. Never use the same lawyer for both sides as in cases of dispute, the
lawyer can help neither.

Bros who are already with the 3 banks, it was actually mentioned earlier in the threads but even then your mileage may vary
so it may not be so bad as some of those who encountered them. Just my 2 cents worth from own experience as well as that of
others who i was helping. Personally, i would not touch them. Even the Jap guys here told me not to from bad experience. Imagine
folks shooing you away when you want a loan as they think that foreigners cannot get any loan or even open any types of account
here. Really embarrasing to know from them that it was H X X C.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The best experience is taking your keys for the first time. It doesn't matter how many properties you already have, it just feels different when you are given a set of keys to your own house. The next one is when you get your own title deed. The feeling is just like having log card of your cars.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
total 15% downpayment and monthly abt $2.5k

I know experts would always give guidance on limiting or aiming for 0 loans where possible but think of this way, banks will only be willing to lend you money when you are still young and able.

When you are 60 plus, which bank will give you a housing loan? Once you are past 40 years of age, how long a loan tenure can one get? Time and tide waits for no man(or woman), unfortunately there are still folks in the world who thinks they are getting younger every year.

My 2 cents? Get the biggest property that you can comfortably afford and take it from there. Especially since its for your retirement, it should be something that you will be delighted to be living in.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
congrats crystal.

I think over the next year this forum will kick into even higher gear with many on target to get their keys? :smile:
The feeling when you first grasp the precious keys is...

Its funny though, the feeling when you have the key is even happier when you see the title deed, at least for me.
Every time i received more keys, i kept them with me the whole week, the title deeds, just into the cupboard on the 2nd day.

Only reason why i finally kept the keys was that with 6 bunches plus car keys, its a major bunch that is very troublesome
to bring only. My lecturer and colleagues even commented i was like a prison warden or a janitor. :smile:

Quickly got the message, so now only the critical keys.

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, gd day to all.

UOB is working damn slow, from last month till now they keep saying management haven't decide whether to loan 80% or 85%!
Ridiculous, despite my several phone call to them till last week, give up!

I just got approval loan (duration took around 1 week plus) from HLB for my unit at putri habour "Imperia".
Anyone got a unit there?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its funny though, the feeling when you have the key is even happier when you see the title deed, at least for me.
Every time i received more keys, i kept them with me the whole week, the title deeds, just into the cupboard on the 2nd day.

i think it is symbolic, the keys whereas the paper is just legality. plus the jangle of the keys is music to the ears! haha.
6 bunches can make a symphony already! :p

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi is right, the 3 banks he mentioned were not only bad but very slow in processing & service are really poor...local banks services are way better.

Really ah? Dunno why i dun experience d same thg...i guess like bro wuqi said mileage for us varies..but it is simply bad biz model to discriminate blatantly ppl who r givg u biz in d 1st place like d hxxc for eg.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Bestari Height today.
I saw one Singapore Registered car when I visited the Semi D show unit. We chat a bit here and bit there. Too bad, we both did not intro ourselves to each other. When I was about to leave (so was he), he asked whether I am Singaporean. I said yes, pointing to my Sing plate car. He then told me he stayed in JB, in Horizon Hills to be exact.

Just wondering and hope he is also a member in this forum. LOL.

chong2011

I agreed with bro Wuqi. Let shop around and chose the best offer, not need to rush. As nowadays local banks are very aggresive and like my case I finally chosed AMB as they give me the best offer 1~3rd Yrs: 4.05% fixed with 3-yrs lock-in period. Lately City Bank offers BLR-2.4 or 2.45% with no-lock in. According to the bank officer, it is a very flexible repayment scheme and also applicable to foreigners. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Narmi, definitely may vary but sometimes, some of these banks, you have to seriously wonder why they refuse business. Maybe they did not like the guys who went to them (H X X C) or think their money stinks?

Anyway, one time friend of mine tried to open an account, the teller pushed the money (10k in RM 100 notes) across the counter too hard and fell onto the floor, luckily it was tied with rubber band. He walked out immediately.

Clyeo, just in case you are wondering, it could be some of our other forummers who also live at HH. Definitely not me.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My sister introduced her friend to me recently and asked about lawyers as he bought subsale here.
I still stand by the recommendation for the Syed Alwi, Ng & Co guys. :smile:

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Bestari Height today.
I saw one Singapore Registered car when I visited the Semi D show unit. We chat a bit here and bit there. Too bad, we both did not intro ourselves to each other. When I was about to leave (so was he), he asked whether I am Singaporean. I said yes, pointing to my Sing plate car. He then told me he stayed in JB, in Horizon Hills to be exact.

Just wondering and hope he is also a member in this forum. LOL.

I have bought BH too. That is a worth piece place~pending for loan approval now~

Status
Not open for further replies.