• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cash rich people especially international investors will try to grab and in turns hold the price, if not forcing it upwards. But we r only talking about the high end properties. For those in middle range and less than 500k, I think it will drop to suit local's appetite?? Just guessing. Yes, there was little effects in 08/09, but then the entry point/barrier was much lower then? It was 250k right?

Recently, there is no more big new excitements for nusajaya / medini? The latest was only sunway purchasing a piece of land? Hope the momentum can go on strong ......

Bro ,
I dont see big different from now to jan 12 if you are talking about NI basic unit of 550K less discount 540K . In a recession , normally the luxury segment are the one that suffer most because these houses are not a NEEDs.
For mass market 500K range , I dont think affect much, unless gov lower limit for foreigner which is very very unlikely ! From what I know prime land owners are no longer interested to built landed houses less than 500K liao . Basically they have no more land on hand within 2KM radius of Jusco BI . Like what bro yonglip say , they think they are sitting on Gold Mine , which is quite true .
Area outside of Nusajaya might feel the heat of the recession. Hence , my thinking is it depend on which location you are talking about .

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: causeway link bus

How about the view on the variety as the spice of life lol, inject some colors, design, and make it fun. We can have competition and award the best "innovative" idea lol

This is good also. I remember reading somewhere in this forum that some properties at Leisure
Farm has the same criteria. Looking at Nusa Duta, some residence remove the side windows and plaster up, some extent their master bedroom belcony with various configurations. But then again this is free-hold landed living. You go to 6th avenue, simon road, st michaels road etc...in 30 years time all look different... but personally i prefer some rules to preserve the architectural coherency of the neighbourhood.

There is a new development along AMK ave 5, Luxus Hill. Looks impressive, uniform, contemporary, spacious too. But what happen when owners begin to add here, add there, alter here, alter there, remove this, remove that, change the colour and add a neo classical very orbiang column into his car porch? Vomit blood ?! :eek: So in 30 years time, all will look different. LOL ...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The announcement in Jan. Wait for LHL and Najib announcement..

Actually not only Mr Najib although its going to get really interesting. A few bros have shared recently on pretty good infrastructure/business developments that will be ongoing, more companies going into Iskandar area and if its really true about some of the plans, i think its good news for everyone.

As always though, buy for own stay is always my 2 cents worth. Buy 1-2 more if you want to leave for kids, etc but flipping is always dangerous. IMHO, flippers are like day trading, the risks are higher. Folks who are in it for the long haul like me prefer blue chips and i hedge in a way by having buying and keeping properties in different countries.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm, those are valid points. Oh god, this is getting so hard. How a bout making it more interesting? How about a show of hand? Who thinks I should buy at NI now (yes now, December 2011), and who thinks I shall wait till next year.

Bro ,
I dont see big different from now to jan 12 if you are talking about NI basic unit of 550K less discount 540K . In a recession , normally the luxury segment are the one that suffer most because these houses are not a NEEDs.
For mass market 500K range , I dont think affect much, unless gov lower limit for foreigner which is very very unlikely ! From what I know prime land owners are no longer interested to built landed houses less than 500K liao . Basically they have no more land on hand within 2KM radius of Jusco BI . Like what bro yonglip say , they think they are sitting on Gold Mine , which is quite true .
Area outside of Nusajaya might feel the heat of the recession. Hence , my thinking is it depend on which location you are talking about .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Yes, I'm shaking and contemplating what to do. I want NI but is this the entry point now or jan 12, based on speculation that they might reduce price. What's the odds? Big guess here

And darn, I was going to go to NI office, bang table and demand for 10%, now I can only bang myself haha

Btw, I didn't know about the dmc for P8. Can u share what u have gathered about the dmc? I know about he maintenance clause only. Thanks :smile:

Just wait and see for next year or buy? It will be an interesting year, it may get bad or it may get better. Who knows really? :wink:
For me, i am here for the long haul so i am still in the buying mode. Interestingly, one learned elder who was was against too much into Malaysia recently bought a large number of properties here using cash. We influence each other in turn. Bless his soul, he always looks out for me.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh, likely to be intermediate. End lot is left with those shorter version, bout 65" instead of 70 or 75. Oh u have secured one? When was it and what was the price then? Yeah, I hope to join p8b soon. Decision decision decision!

Just being nosey abit. What convinced u to buy in 8b? :smile:

P7a targets to complete by middle next year. If I want to move in fast, I might also consider it. Lots of intermediate in 7a and 8b left, so no hurry except the 10k promo ... Arghhhh!

May i know where are the shorter version end-lots? 8/8, 8/9, 8/10, 8/11? Din realised got shorter version?...

Ours is End-lot 32' by 75'. We purchase for 539,888.

Long story... Location, Lay-out, Surrounding ambience, Developer, Pricing, which ties in with our outlook and purpose of relocating to Nusajaya eventually...

Come and join our neighbourhood. Do you cook? :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You give me a impression that JB properties will be going south soon ? Developers are going to give out more discount and hence one should wait ?

A few developer tell me that they are going to up the prices for their new launch . For example Nusa Duta new launch for custers shall be 800K instead of current 560K , Semi D shall be 1.2M to 1.5m instead of 780K to 950K currently. Infact current houses are all fully sold .

Bro , so which is the true views ?

I hope they do but from what i heard, its the same as what you have heard Jasonjst. This is as 2 bros went to ask and got same reply. One is local.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah bro, I'm looking for long haul too. I started late but starting young. Being the first purchase im getting myself into, I trying to assess and learn concurrently. I need to make the first purchase right to boost my confidence for subsequent journey. It has been exciting learning and visiting all these show houses and developers. I have decided my first purchase shall be in NI. Let's hope it all work out for me.

I tried to google the "big" news. No results leh?! Where did u all read the news?

Just wait and see for next year or buy? It will be an interesting year, it may get bad or it may get better. Who knows really? :wink:
For me, i am here for the long haul so i am still in the buying mode. Interestingly, one learned elder who was was against too much into Malaysia recently bought a large number of properties here using cash. We influence each other in turn. Bless his soul, he always looks out for me.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, im not an expect and im not trying to predict anything. It's just my opinion after visited almost all the developments in JB in the past 4 weeks. And some agents did tell me that increasingly, many people are unable to get loan. No loan = lesser demand = lower price soon? I'm in as great a dilemma as I'm still trying to make a call whether to buy at NI now :S

P/s: The banks used to approve loan based on gross income and your installment up to 40% of gross income. Now it's based on nett income and max 30%. The effect on sales is there already, based on what I have gathered

Its actually their way to ensure the market stays warm enough but not too warm. There are some who did not buy with loans or those who bought with loans and then repaid them in a year or two. There are also those that may have financial issues and some agents promised them they could get a loan at certain percentage. When it didn't go through and they find themselves in a tight bind with no banks to lend them, thats when they have no choice but to pass it on.

Happened 3 years ago when someone got rid of their property (i bought a few subsale) by selling to me. Happened for 1 unit 1 year plus back when a relative bought from someone who couldn't get a loan as well. Its pretty hard not to be able to get a loan here though.

Bros who are into cars may consider banks like Ambank, HLB for car loans.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah bro, I'm looking for long haul too. I started late but starting young. Being the first purchase im getting myself into, I trying to assess and learn concurrently. I need to make the first purchase right to boost my confidence for subsequent journey. It has been exciting learning and visiting all these show houses and developers. I have devices my first purchase shall be in NI. Let's hope it all work out for me.

I tried to google the "big" news. No results leh?! Where did u all read the news?

Hi DreamorACTION bro/sis, are you young? I think if buying and looking long haul, you can book your unit now and secure the good unit and discount first. Nothing to lose!

whats the booking fee for NI again? i cant remember

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Recently, some agent in Singapore was marketing shophouses in Nusajaya for around RM 850K, in a development named Nusa Sentral. I have no idea about the project or the exact location though. Wonder if anyone else has heard about this.

Its very remote, accessible only via Gelang Patah but...........
It has a new road which will link it to NI easily, thus ensuring ease of access.

Its very near to the SILC area. I would consider shops there as its 3 storey.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I was there last weekend. The developer is country view. Google it. Their houses are going for about 400k, after discount. Built up about 2300 sqft. The location is a bit remote to me, but will have direct access to te road leading to gelang patah

Yes, you are right, i didn't like the design of the houses so much but still quite ok. The shops are better. It will be far more accessible once their new roads are done u;.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's 8/8 bro. Lot number 169401, 169525 etc. u might not see difference on the plan, but the agent told me its shorter and informed me so that I get no surprised. I prefer it longer so I'm gonna choose intermediate. Price around 470++, before 10k discount.

Cook? I can cook ... U dare to eat? Hahahah

May i know where are the shorter version end-lots? 8/8, 8/9, 8/10, 8/11? Din realised got shorter version?...

Ours is End-lot 32' by 75'. We purchase for 539,888.

Long story... Location, Lay-out, Surrounding ambience, Developer, Pricing, which ties in with our outlook and purpose of relocating to Nusajaya eventually...

Come and join our neighbourhood. Do you cook? :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, how about house loan? I have yet to receive feedback on the loan. Can kindly advise? Thanks

Its actually their way to ensure the market stays warm enough but not too warm. There are some who did not buy with loans or those who bought with loans and then repaid them in a year or two. There are also those that may have financial issues and some agents promised them they could get a loan at certain percentage. When it didn't go through and they find themselves in a tight bind with no banks to lend them, thats when they have no choice but to pass it on.

Happened 3 years ago when someone got rid of their property (i bought a few subsale) by selling to me. Happened for 1 unit 1 year plus back when a relative bought from someone who couldn't get a loan as well. Its pretty hard not to be able to get a loan here though.

Bros who are into cars may consider banks like Ambank, HLB for car loans.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

I am scouting for bank loan and was offered this flexi loan package. A checking account comes with this offer. Interest rate on the checking account is the same as that charge on my loan. This is fantastic as I can take advantage of compounding effect to grow my money in my checking account to pay off the loan earlier. This seems too good to be true for me. I am afraid that I might missed some important considerartions.

Can Brother and Sister offer me some advice on flexi loan?

I would take flexi loan after all the considerations but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.