• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Taiwanese Students' protest on Yahoo Live!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taiwanese Students Protest going LIVE on Yahoo

Live URL on Yahoo 10.Nov.2008

Blog of Activists

Yahoo News URL

Taiwanese students are seen on live internet video now in the wet and cold protesting against the Unconstitutional Laws against Procession & Assembly, they demand the laws to be amended by Ma Ying Jiu regime. They also protest against the prohibited areas gazetted to prevent protest near government's ministries.

Student protesters are demanding apologies from President MaYingJiu & Premier Liu. They also demand the Interior Minister & Police Chief to resign for the violent crack down against protest which happened last week.

These students have CAMPED for 4th day & night right now, in this protest and simultaneously in Taipei 台北 and Tainan 台南, Yahoo Live! broadcast are live-linking from both sites (north & south of Taiwan).

As I am typing now, they are having a music session to boost moral!

These are exactly the same issues concerning Singaporean citizens and activist!

I ask Singaporean activist to support these Taiwanese student on the same grounds of concern and interest. Their protest are not discriminating against any political factions 不分兰绿 aka the Green & Blue camps in Taiwan.

Ex-President ChenShuiBian 阿扁 went to support these students, however he got snapped at by these student protesters, who slammed him that within his own 8 years as presidents these oppressive laws against Protests & Assemblies had not been amended as well as ChenShuiBian's government was also abusing the same laws to oppress NOGs and activists. The students demands Ex-President ChenShuiBian also to apologize.

抗議…全球聲援 靜坐…網路直播

<label> </label> 更新日期:<q>2008/11/09 04:09</q>

〔記者林嘉琪/台北報導〕這次大學生靜坐抗議行動,首次展現在BBS、部落格與twitter 的動員,學生並透過「Y! Life」網路平台,製作「一一○六學生靜坐行動」現場串流轉播,轉播最高峰的觀賞人氣直逼三千人,逼近人數的最高承載上限,也有外國網友跨國聲援;同時 也號召台中、台南與高雄三地學生及民眾,計畫陸續於各地進行大小規模的抗議行動。
擔任「一一○六學生靜坐行動」現場串流轉播主持人、台大心理所研究生邱千蕙表示,「還有在美國、日本荷蘭德國的網友很關心台灣學生情況」,所以學生擔任同步口譯,目前已有國、台、英與客家語言等多語的現場主持。
邱千蕙說,十一月六日第一天集結,只有四十人使用網路轉播,但當天下午一下子就增加到幾千人;七日下午四點三十分,警方出動優勢警力驅離師生,網路人數暴增至二千三百多人,「民眾有權利知道事件經過,而不是只看到被利益團體及媒體選擇出來的片段」。
六名學生組成DJ群,二十四小時輪流接力主持,深夜時段更開放現場叩應,目前還在趕錄「修改集會遊行惡法」相關演講節目,要讓更多人可以不用到現場,也能知道師生訴求。
靜坐行動發起人、台大社會系助理教授李明璁,是最先在網路發表串連文章者,先號召二百多人連署,後來更集結近六百人至行政院靜坐。他分析這次動員,「誰說台灣大學生不關心公眾議題」?只是發聲管道不同。
「一一○六學生靜坐行動」官網:http://action1106.blogspot.com/;「現場串流轉播」:http://live.yahoo.com/wenli。
本土社團籲馬回應學生訴求
〔記者林毅璋、駐歐洲特派記者胡蕙寧/綜合報導〕台灣北社等本土社團昨共同召開記者會,除公開支持在自由廣場前靜坐抗議的學生外,也呼籲馬總統不要讓台灣的民主與自由倒退,並要求馬兌現選前承諾要將集會遊行法由核准制改為報備制的政見。
北社社長張學逸說,「現在我們最基本的自由與人權被侵犯、表達言論的自由被壓制,很快的我們的民主政治就會崩解」,他樂見一群熱血青年有理想並自發性的捍衛自由與人權。
人本教育文教基金會董事長史英說,馬曾公開表示,「堅信集會遊行是人民權利,不是政府恩賜」。但他要反問,既然是人民的權利,卻連在哪裡舉行、抗議的對象是誰都還要政府核准,這樣還能算是人民的權利嗎?
除了本土社團,許多旅外台灣人也對連日來發生的警察執法過當表示不滿,並聲援靜坐學生的訴求。
歐洲台灣協會聯合會發表聲明,台灣總統被矮化,也自我矮化了。馬英九沒有對中國、對世界宣稱自己是台灣總統,中國卻正利用這個會談向世界宣稱:「世界上只有一個中國」。
歐台會促理性運用公權力
歐台會說,西方民主國家在執行公權力時都相當謹慎,因為公權力的本質就是暴力。歐台會認為,馬政府口中的「暴民」都是捍衛台灣及人權價值的鬥士,因為他們才向國際社會說明了台灣的民主與價值所在,只有獨裁政權才會對人民下「暴民」標籤該會希望政府和平理性地運用公權力。
旅美台灣人連署譴責馬政府
另,十八個旅美台灣人社團連署發表聲明,譴責馬政府為了讓陳雲林賓至如歸,不惜犧牲台灣的民主與人權;馬政府為了討好中國,竟不允許街道出現北京不高興的旗幟,這是讓台灣民主蒙羞的黑暗時刻。
大紐約區數個台灣社團,七日也到駐紐約台北經濟文化辦事處抗議暴力警察欺壓人權,並支持學生在自由廣場的靜坐抗議。

posted by uncleyap at 12:23 AM

<!-- End .post -->

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
集會遊行法 aka 集遊法 means Assembly / meetings & Procession Act.

Similar to famiLEE LEEgime's notorious iLEEgal procession & iLEEgal Assembly laws. Same things the bastards charge activists under. :p:wink:

Totalitarians! :oIo:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
those students have been make use of by the opposition.
a opposition who denied everything,when someone got injure supporting them during those marchs and protests.
a opposition who keep shielding Chen,even when all the evidences prove that the whole family is so corrupted.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
集會遊行法 aka 集遊法 means Assembly / meetings & Procession Act.

Similar to famiLEE LEEgime's notorious iLEEgal procession & iLEEgal Assembly laws. Same things the bastards charge activists under. :p:wink:

Totalitarians! :oIo:
Uncle Yap,

Not mean to be impolite, I feel that Taiwanese have their own ways to solve their internal problem.

Each time your request to Singaporean for support, I cant help but to tell you straight to the point that we should not be so busy-body.:rolleyes:

Afterall, will they (Taiwanese) support us in our problem?:confused::confused:

We should focus on how to tackle and deal LKY and his empire instead of trying to interfere with other country politic situation.:eek:

Dont we have enough troubled with our Government?

jw5

Loyal
a opposition who denied everything,when someone got injure supporting them during those marchs and protests.
a opposition who keep shielding Chen,even when all the evidences prove that the whole family is so corrupted.
The students lack a sense of right and wrong.
If they had viewed the footage of the protests closely, they may have noticed that the violence was initiated only by the protestors. Things like eggs, stones, fireworks, bottles, molotov cocktails, even shit were thrown by some violent protestors.
The police chief even tearfully pleaded for peace after getting hurt himself. More than 140 policemen were reported injured by the hospital. There were no reports or scenes of police brutality at all, they were simply trying to cope with some violent protestors.
The government and police had time and again said that they would not clamp down on protestors but that they cannot allow violence.
It is sad when certain people due to their own political ambitions, personal hatred or violent inclinations, try to claim that they have been wronged in the guise of civil activism and violent protests.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

This protest is regardless of party faction - no Green no Blue, they ask for law to be changed. Although already much more reasonable than famiLEE LEEgime's in Taiwan and yet their people are demanding changes.

Taiwan's Green & Blue camps takes turn to be in power.

You can not say weather the students are used by which camp.

These students demands 马英九 to apologize and change laws.
When 阿扁 went to support these students, the student also attacked his 8 years of presidency and demanded him to apologize that he used the same laws to oppress the Taiwanese people..

See?

Same students! They are just against the Assembly & Procession Laws not supporting any party not KMT not DPP, both presidents they think are together in the wrong.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
The students lack a sense of right and wrong.
If they had viewed the footage of the protests closely, they may have noticed that the violence was initiated only by the protestors. Things like eggs, stones, fireworks, bottles, molotov cocktails, even shit were thrown by some violent protestors.
The police chief even tearfully pleaded for peace after getting hurt himself. More than 140 policemen were reported injured by the hospital. There were no reports or scenes of police brutality at all, they were simply trying to cope with some violent protestors.
The government and police had time and again said that they would not clamp down on protestors but that they cannot allow violence.
It is sad when certain people due to their own political ambitions, personal hatred or violent inclinations, try to claim that they have been wronged in the guise of civil activism and violent protests.

Taiwan had seen many many peaceful protest and demonstrations. I had seen them myself when I was there.

Seldom there is any violence.

Usually permit is given by Taiwanese mata to the organizers, majority protests have the permits as long as they applied.

Even if no permit, e.g. some of 施明德 red shirt army protests has no permits. And these students today also have not applied for any permit. Taiwanese mata also don't do kiasu crack down, unlike famiLEE LEEgime.

Last week when 陈云林 visited, it was a very rare case of violence.

It is quite obvious that the new female president of DPP 蔡英文 is not as experienced and had not organized her events well. She made heavy promises before the event to assure that they will be peaceful rational and orderly. But she failed to control he protesters.

陈云林 the Beijing envoy was besieged in the banquet hotel for 8 hours by the protesters outside, the Taiwanese matas in the end had to force dispersal using tear gas & water canon.

TV showed senior mata commanders 分局长 injured and crying in tears.

Things went out of hands on both sides. But this is very very rare in Taiwan. I can tell you that Mr. 施明德 & his red shirt army were much larger in numbers and took campaign over longer period and more frequent, they don't just besieged a hotel but entire presidential palace of 阿扁 and still some of these had no permits given. Still everything turned out Peaceful.

That shows the organizers knows what they were doing and they have got profound experience. Mr. 施明德 is the original DPP chairman long time back. Really old hand in these things. 蔡英文 is the new chair woman she is not so well experienced.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like our students have more brains and insight than you, Yap Keng Ho, and thank goodness for that, going by the recent petition on public transport concessions for students.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle Yap,

Not mean to be impolite, I feel that Taiwanese have their own ways to solve their internal problem.

Each time your request to Singaporean for support, I cant help but to tell you straight to the point that we should not be so busy-body.:rolleyes:

Afterall, will they (Taiwanese) support us in our problem?:confused::confused:

We should focus on how to tackle and deal LKY and his empire instead of trying to interfere with other country politic situation.:eek:

Dont we have enough troubled with our Government?

Hi, :smile:

I am asking people from different Asian countries to work and fight hand-in-hand.

Make reference and comparisons. Share experience. Share information. Share resources and voice out for each other.

You can only get help from others when you are also helpful to others.

Yes Singaporeans do get helps from Taiwan all the time. Taiwanese came here to monitor our protests as well as elections and kangaroo trials. Singaporeans are helping Taiwanese in exactly the same things, except that their trials are no Kangaroo for us to watch. I went to Taipei & Taizhong as election observer myself, invited by Taiwanese I visited their 中央选举委员会 rally sites and election campaign HQs. I went to see their assemblies and processions. Peasants burnt fire crackers to welcome their candidates like CNY when candidates' convoys entered their rural villages. Their hostiles will honk and shout at each other also.

Much more exciting than SG elections, much much more.

:biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can petition for all kinds of groups in the end why don't just petition against the public transportation MONOPOLY and exploitations?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you do it, and go get your own support instead of appearing to be a party pooper?

Why don't one person do EVERYTHING?

Bao Ka Liao? 包到完?

That itself is a monopoly already.

famiLEE LEEgime is a monopoly because everything they Bao Ka Liao!

Singapore has millions of citizens, I am only but one of them. So how many things to you expect me to Bao?

:biggrin::eek:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why ask me since it is you who talks so big but then only appears to be a party pooper?:rolleyes:

Why don't one person do EVERYTHING?

Bao Ka Liao? 包到完?

That itself is a monopoly already.

famiLEE LEEgime is a monopoly because everything they Bao Ka Liao!

Singapore has millions of citizens, I am only but one of them. So how many things to you expect me to Bao?

jw5

Loyal
Uncle
What you mentioned in your post about Chai Ing Wen and Shi Mingde I already know.
In fact, I'm following the news and talk show commentary on Ah Bian's case very closely as well.
I just want to point out that in anything we do or say, we have to have a strong sense of right and wrong and a balanced view. I'm pleased to note that in the talk show programs that I watched on Taiwan channels, the commentators and hosts have been largely fair and have a sense of right and wrong.
It will appear that some of the student protestors and DPP supporters and probably all of the violent protestors don't have that.
It is something that people in SG will also need to cultivate, including people in this forum, opposition party members, civil activists, the media, the government, civil servants and even (or especially) the man-on-the-street.

DannyBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This protest is regardless of party faction - no Green no Blue, they ask for law to be changed. Although already much more reasonable than famiLEE LEEgime's in Taiwan and yet their people are demanding changes.

Taiwan's Green & Blue camps takes turn to be in power.

You can not say weather the students are used by which camp.

These students demands 马英九 to apologize and change laws.
When 阿扁 went to support these students, the student also attacked his 8 years of presidency and demanded him to apologize that he used the same laws to oppress the Taiwanese people..

See?

Same students! They are just against the Assembly & Procession Laws not supporting any party not KMT not DPP, both presidents they think are together in the wrong.

hey clown,
Thru you the entire SBF now knows that wayang moles like yourself its out to create chaos. still talk like a world leader...LOL

DannyBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey clown,
Thru you the entire SBF now knows that wayang moles like yourself its out to create chaos. still talk like a world leader...LOL

Originally Posted by scroobal
Quote:

You should really step aside if you have no clue what to do, where to go and how to do anything in the fight for a democratic Singapore.

Despite all these years and the amount of attention that you have sought and received, no one knows who you are and your background is really hazy as the day that you took stage.

You continue to hijack events of the opposition, you write nonsense about flowers next to toilets, you cast a shadow of comedy and sillyness on their cause and you sure know how to rain on a parade.

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by scroobal
Quote:

You should really step aside if you have no clue what to do, where to go and how to do anything in the fight for a democratic Singapore.

This attitude itself is precisely what I need to Axe those falsehoods behind who claimed to be fighting for a DEMOCRATIC Singapore.

You disagree with my styles and then ask me to step aside in this fight if I don't follow your ways which I disagree to follow. This is exactly what LKy is doing - sidelining the oppositions which disagreed with him.

No wonder LKy the old dog thief also can claim to be democratic. No wonder Khmer Rouge called themselves The Democratic Kampuchea. No wonder Kim Il Song called North Korea the Democratic People's Republic of Korea !

Democracy is the most abused word in the world. :eek::rolleyes::wink:

You think you know what to do? You think that people all agreed with you?
You think you know where to go? & you think people all agreed with you?
You think you know how to do everything? & you think people should all agree with you?

I think it should be time for you to put on your White Shirts & Pants & look into the mirror, :biggrin: are you not a clone of LKy?

I am practical. I don't call myself a democrat nor a human rights advocate. I fight greedy selfish coward and dishonest exploiters, I fight injustice and inequalities, I fight falsehoods.

I think YOUR VERSION of Democracy is just another falsehood.

You consider yourself a democrat, consider your own style democracy, you consider your own methods and routes the only right one, you IMPOSE these on the others, and you Alienate those who don't follow yours.

What difference are you from LKy then?

LKy also consider his PAp a democracy, and you are as right as he is because in your own narrow definition and boundary you are a democracy because you only included those who agree with you in your own narrow consideration! You excluded those who disagree with you! When people rejected what you had imposed on them, you then begin to attack them!

Isn't that exactly what LKy is doing with his Kangaroo Court?

Where are your White Pants & White Shirts? Put them on!
:rolleyes:

Most importantly, why should Singaporeans accept your version of democracy over LKy's falsehood? Where are the differences between the 2? :confused: You tell me!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Khmer Rouge consider itself a democracy in it's own rights.

It has it's own logic too.

Since it imposed it's own democracy by conducting genocide on those who opposed it regime, it only allowed those who don't oppose it's regime to survive.

Therefore in the end it is a democracy that is left in the country, while those who don't agree are just corpses in the famous Killing Fields.

Yeah! Right! Why not? Democracy too! Khmer Rouge Democracy!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah but what are the actual concrete results?

How do you define the actual concrete results in the first place?:biggrin:

Something that got yourself very rich like the famiLEE LEEgime?

To be fair every political persons & parties got their own different goals and destinations and we may not be sharing in this aspect. Lots of countries and governments see itself as great successes (including LEEgime & LKy) while others sees them as complete failures. This is entirely based on different points of views & different definitions of so called the actual concrete results in the first place.

That is why I asked you 1st to define yours as you posted your question.

Taiwanese have their own definitions, who are we to impose ours on them?