• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am afraid I can not congratulate Obama

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am afraid I can not congratulate Obama

I wished I could but on a serious mind I can not congratulate Mr. Obama being elected as US president.

This remain true even if McCain or any one else was elected, and this is based on practical consideration the rather political. Any one that takes over the WhiteHouse from Bush Junior will be engulfed in real deep shit, and this is indeed not anything that I could congratulate any one for. Yes it is a big election victory, but still it can not hide the fact that the president elect is walking into a WhiteHouse full of shit left behind by GW Bush Junior. I am sorry for Mr. Obama to be in that position indeed.

Bush Jr is a true piece of work, and he really left an unprecedented amount of shit behind in the WhiteHouse and regardless who is elected to take over this office, there is unprecedented amount of shit to clean up. That is really an ultra awful job for any leader to take.

I can only hope that Obama have some good plans and I can only wish him luck. 大吉大利。

小布斯所留下来的烂摊子实在是空前特烂的。无论是誰检了这样的一个大烂摊子,都是算倒霉的。我凭良心实在不忍心向小布斯的任何接班人道贺,因为接这个大烂摊子实在是空前特烂的,绝对不是什么喜事。这是良心实话。

John McCain may consider himself lucky to have Obama taking up this awful task to clean up shit left behind by Bush Jr, but neither can I congratulate McCain. :-)

Most people that I heard from have very high expectations of Obama, from the votes I read the same thing, and these I believe are just extra burdens for him. For those who had enough of Bush, I think they expect all the shit left Behind by Bush to vanish immediately once Obama is elected. This will never be an easy task for any leader, these people can actually expect some disappointment.

Obama is going to need lots of help and resources and time. It would be too naive to expect Obama to be Santa, and await for all your dream goodies from Obama by X'mas. This is what I want to caution fellow Singaporeans.

posted by uncleyap at 10:45 PM

<!-- End .post -->

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even the stock market seems to be reacting in over-joy.

But practically, what magic can any one expect Obama to turn?

The only assuring thing is Bye Bye Bush!

But still he left incredible amount of shit behind for the world to clean up after his ass.:oIo:up yours Bush!

DannyBoyBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey clown, who you think you are? don't talk big, obama don't need you. hahahahha
You can go tell your wayang chee that your rotten lancheow mouth have just burst its cover. Thru you the entire SBF now knows that SDP wayang moles like yourself its out to create chaos.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey clown, who you think you are? don't talk big, obama don't need you. hahahahha
You can go tell your wayang chee that your rotten lancheow mouth have just burst its cover. Thru you the entire SBF now knows that SDP wayang moles like yourself its out to create chaos.

PAP dog you are screwed deeply already! Your PAP Boss sucked the wrong cock in Washington. Now Obama's cock from Kenya is in your assholes!:oIo:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But still, somone has to lead the country right? and not just leave it there to die. We also believe pappy, just like TT durai, has left lots of shits in this country and does that deter the opposition from standing up to lead the country for change?

I think a great leader should have the courage to take shits and the capability to clear it and not just walk-over with all goodies lay for him. Otherwise when the next crisis come, he will not know how to handle them like our pinky PM.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bush Jr is a true piece of work, and he really left an unprecedented amount of shit behind in the WhiteHouse and regardless who is elected to take over this office, there is unprecedented amount of shit to clean up. That is really an ultra awful job for any leader to take.

I am dissapointed to read that someone like you who purports to support the opposition would look away when there is a mess. Instead I believe you should congratulate him for his considerable effort and eventually winning at the votes despite all the mess as it will give him the strength to face the challenges. That is a sign of a good leader to roll up his sleeves and deal with the problems face on.

In this respect I hope that you retract your statement for the good of the party that you are representing.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even the stock market seems to be reacting in over-joy.

But practically, what magic can any one expect Obama to turn?

The only assuring thing is Bye Bye Bush!

But still he left incredible amount of shit behind for the world to clean up after his ass.:oIo:up yours Bush!

Would you then be happy in disparity? Why the skeptism in the moment when people rejoice as it marks a possible change?

Similarly I hope you refrain from making statements which may prove unjudicious to the party that you represent.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
But still, somone has to lead the country right? and not just leave it there to die. We also believe pappy, just like TT durai, has left lots of shits in this country and does that deter the opposition from standing up to lead the country for change?

I think a great leader should have the courage to take shits and the capability to clear it and not just walk-over with all goodies lay for him. Otherwise when the next crisis come, he will not know how to handle them like our pinky PM.

Yes it is Expected of Obama to be prepared to clean up Bush's shit.

But don't expect magic and be over-expecting from him, that's the whole point. Bush left behind a mountain of craps, please pity Obama's burdens.

People should appreciate that at least some one is willing to take this challenge knowing bloody Bush left a mountain of shit behind.

I deliberately say this when these over optimistic people are celebrating, to remind people to be realistic. That is the point.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
將來老賊留下來給非直政党的爛攤子也可能是空前特爛的哦!

小布斯所留下来的烂摊子实在是空前特烂的。无论是誰检了这样的一个大烂摊子,都是算倒霉的。我凭良心实在不忍心向小布斯的任何接班人道贺,因为接这个大烂摊子实在是空前特烂的,绝对不是什么喜事。这是良心实话。

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

My caution will be similar for Singaporeans in the event that famiLEE LEEgime got ousted. I am a very practical person.

Don't be naive and over-juiced and hence lost touch with harsh reality.

Don't overlook the practical problems.

famiLEE LEEgime will leave behind also a mountain of craps after they are finished. Although just only a red dot they will leave behind shit not less than GW Bush Junior.

Whoever took over from famiLEE LEEgime, also worth no congratulations indeed, for the exact same reasons.

I always told fighters that it is not real shit today when bastard famiLEE LEEgime arrested charged or sued, it is actually only the real shit to begin when the famiLEE LEEgime finally fell apart. That is when Singaporean peasant expected you to deliver X'mas gifts immediately, and they are not willing to help nor pay the necessary price, they expect you to spoon feed them from then on.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am dissapointed to read that someone like you who purports to support the opposition would look away when there is a mess. Instead I believe you should congratulate him for his considerable effort and eventually winning at the votes despite all the mess as it will give him the strength to face the challenges. That is a sign of a good leader to roll up his sleeves and deal with the problems face on.

In this respect I hope that you retract your statement for the good of the party that you are representing.

I don't represent any party.

I am not asking you to look away from Bush's mess, I am reminding you not to look away from it and be serious instead of going crazy with celebrations.

You got the point?

I am pointing out again that Bush's mountain of shit is still there! Don't be too happy first.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
將來老賊留下來給非直政党的爛攤子也可能是空前特爛的哦!

对了!您所言的正中下怀了!

我所讲的正题,就正是这个!

阁下可以当改革的军师了!

:wink:

现在对Obama中选在大事庆祝的人们似乎都是乐不思蜀。忘记了现实的现况了。
我故意扫兴;泼冷水,就是要他们现实一点。:wink::cool:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes it is Expected of Obama to be prepared to clean up Bush's shit.

But don't expect magic and be over-expecting from him, that's the whole point. Bush left behind a mountain of craps, please pity Obama's burdens.

People should appreciate that at least some one is willing to take this challenge knowing bloody Bush left a mountain of shit behind.

I deliberately say this when these over optimistic people are celebrating, to remind people to be realistic. That is the point.

You are implying that we should not be optimistic if someday opposition overturn pappy because there are shits in it? or you think it will be safer if things remain as status quo and no one should overtake anyone and wait for the mess creator to clear mess by themselves until such time the country think it is cleaner now to transit power with roses passing hands?

I wouldn't want to habour such thought but will always give the beneift of doubt to obama for good or worst. At least that is what American peasants want to show their displeasure to republican not to take advantage of human rights and power and that is what obama wish to achieve. He has a dream to change the tide and that alone is honourable and in itself worth celebrating among other things - certain or uncertain. Cleanse and change in overdue corrupted power in itself is a joy to american too. Double celebrations. I wish Singapore learn some lessons here.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't represent any party.

I am not asking you to look away from Bush's mess, I am reminding you not to look away from it and be serious instead of going crazy with celebrations.

You got the point?

I am pointing out again that Bush's mountain of shit is still there! Don't be too happy first.

1) Don't be so defensive. When we talk about a party, it can also refer to an individual or a group of people who share similar views, not necessarily conjoined by any formal contract.

2) Question is about whether congratulations are in order for a man who would still fight for the job given the tasks ahead. It would be unprecedented but it may happen that the winner asks for a recount if he/she thinks that he is not cut out for the job.

3) Nobody denies that the shit has not been cleaned. But people hope that a change in govt may reduce that shit gradually.

I have enough of "end-of-the-world" rhetorics from the PAP and I don't see we need to have another independent party (or those who disliked to be associated to a party, whichever is applicable) to start the same rhetorics.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are implying that we should not be optimistic if someday opposition overturn pappy because there are shits in it? or you think it will be safer if things remain as status quo and no one should overtake anyone and wait for the mess creator to clear mess by themselves until such time the country think it is cleaner now to transit power with roses passing hands?

I wouldn't want to habour such thought but will always give the beneift of doubt to obama for good or worst. At least that is what American peasants want to show their displeasure to republican not to take advantage of human rights and power and that is what obama wish to achieve. He has a dream to change the tide and that alone is honourable and in itself worth celebrating among other things - certain or uncertain. Cleanse and change in overdue corrupted power in itself is a joy to american too. Double celebrations. I wish Singapore learn some lessons here.

Yes, that is my main point! Don't be too happy and don't expect too much when famiLEE LEEgime is finished. Be realistic and be practical. Please.

No, you stretched it too far!

I don't say that because there is shit left behind then keep famiLEE LEEgime nor Bush. Why you stretch it so far?

I can even tell you, that when Mr. Anwar take over from BN it is still rather similar in scenario. Don't forget the mountain of shit and be over-optimistic and over-expecting.

Obama's case is more extreme, and it is actually global.

Typically, democracy and human rights believers will be too idealistic when a chance like this arrived, I indeed want to caution against this.

This is absolutely nothing to do with benefit of doubt. This is for pure practicality.

You must see via a certain angle that false rosy pictures painted by famiLEE LEEgime to the peasants e.g. LKy's Golden Period or GCT's More Good Years etc, are just similar results of impractical optimism. As reformists you please never make this kind of mistake like them!

If a honorable reformist should be celebrated, it is not when he got elected to clean up a mountain of craps. Take the case of late Mr. JBJ, who is another honorable reformist, he should be also celebrated even though he past before his reform party got elected.

To be practical, even in the event that Mr. JBJ won election and replaced famiLEE LEEgime, I will still caution people against over-optimism and over-expectation, similarly because there will be a huge mountain of famiLEE LEEgime craps to be cleaned up, nothing worth congratulating indeed.

Not striking 4D nor ToTo, I am afraid, it is actually a huge amount of liability. Please take practical and realistic look at the scenario.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) I have enough of "end-of-the-world" rhetorics from the PAP and I don't see we need to have another independent party (or those who disliked to be associated to a party, whichever is applicable) to start the same rhetorics.

Precisely the tactic adopted by PAP that without price hike, we will not have comfortable service, without high pay we will not get good ministers, with oppositions in parliament this country will be degraded, without GST hike the poor will suffer. All these scare mongering, negative messages and pessimism painted has indirectly put 66.6% into fear and thus cast vote to pappy, Which country has no mess, which working environment has no mess and still the world goes round with changing of leadership.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
不敢當閣下嚴重了。小弟區區草民一個。奧巴馬將來當總統的日子將是一個艱辛崎嶇的旅程。在此祝他在整頓美國國運的過程好運順利。

对了!您所言的正中下怀了!

我所讲的正题,就正是这个!

阁下可以当改革的军师了!

:wink:

现在对obama中选在大事庆祝的人们似乎都是乐不思蜀。忘记了现实的现况了。
我故意扫兴;泼冷水,就是要他们现实一点。:wink::cool: