• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HOT @2357HR Anwar have number to celebrate LKY's birthday!!!!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://malaysiakini.com/news/89776

Anwar urges supporters to have faith
Sep 15, 08 10:32pm

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 </xml>MCPX
track

<![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]>
<style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim told a 25,000-strong rally tonight in Kelana Jaya stadium that he had the numbers to form a new government tomorrow.
"Tonight on the eve of Malaysia Day, we are ready to form the government tomorrow," he said to loud cheers from the jubilant crowd.

He said that he had the required number of parliamentarians to form the government.:wink::wink::cool:

According to him, Pakatan Rakyat has submitted a letter to Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi today seeking a meeting for a smooth transition of power.

"Tomorrow is the day we are ready to form government. But the best time, I tell you, is when we meet the prime minister.

"A peaceful transition is paramount," he added.

He was talking to the massive crowd which had gathered at the Kelana Jaya stadium in Petaling Jaya to celebrate Pakatan's 'Hari Malaysia' celebration.

Anwar, who began his speech at 10.15pm, emphasised the importance of Sabah and Sarawak to Malaysia.

He also criticised the ruling Barisan Nasional for pursuing a divide-and-rule agenda at the expense of the two east Malaysian states.

"This is the first time ever a celebration of this scale is being held to recognise that we are one - that Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia," Anwar told the crowd.

He added that he would declare Sept 16 a national holiday when he takes over the government.

Anwar also slammed the Abdullah-led government of practising racial politics, which he said led to the ISA arrests of three people.

He urged the majority Malays not to be swayed by BN policies.

"The Ketuanan Melayu (Malay supremacy) benefitted only the rich and elite Malays, not you," he said.

Most of those in the crowd are there in the belief that PKR leader Anwar would make an important announcement tonight on the formation of a new government, which Anwar has repeatedly claimed he would do by tomorrow.

Crowd expectation

Earlier Anwar entered the venue at 9.40pm to wild chants of ‘Reformasi!' and ‘Merdeka'.

Many Pakatan leaders were already at the venue, most of them also believing that Anwar would make an important announcement at the rally.

Penang Chief Minister and DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng, when asked if there would be a surprise announcement, merely said: "Wait for Anwar".

Guan Eng and DAP veteran Lim Kit Siang had earlier entered the stadium to loud cheers.

Many people on the ground whom Malaysiakini spoke to also expressed confidence of an impending change.

"He may reveal the first batch of defectors and maybe on how they will approach the king.

"I think they will wrap it up and form a new government by the end of this month," said retiree G Maniam.

‘I am surprised at how fast things are changing," said another Pakatan supporter at the stadium, Anthony Tong.

The 52-year-old accountant from Cheras said that he would not be disappointed even if Anwar managed to seize power by the end of this year.

[More to follow]

News Blog Release!
REFORMASI!:biggrin:

Last edited:
A

Alu862

Stop gloating lah Yap. ikt doesn't mean any change. Can he control the economy?

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop gloating lah Yap. ikt doesn't mean any change. Can he control the economy?

Actually, I think "ikt" is going to be a huge difference. Obviously, UY and I are not quite as versed in the intricacies of Malaysian politics as you though, Alu862.

A

Alu862

You can change the system but if you have no idea on what yto do or how to control you are just as worse off

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can change the system but if you have no idea on what yto do or how to control you are just as worse off

So, a former Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, 11-year Cabinet Minister and a 16-year UMNO member has "no idea" about the Malaysian system of government? I was right about your mastery of Malaysian politics, Alu862! Please, tell us more.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
to me,he still does not have the needed numbers to topple the present government.
if he has the numbers,there is no need to seek an meeting with Badawi.
just wait till the next parliament session,then table the motion.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

You main line of question is weather is Anwar Santa and WHERE ARE YOUR FREE GIFTS.

You know the answers actually. When you say "Control Economy" you actually meant that Mr. Anwar soar the indexes and enrich YOUR POCKET.:rolleyes::eek:

It may happen, but it shouldn't be the target at all. I my opinion, should NEVER BE.:wink::wink::wink:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
You main line of question is weather is Anwar Santa and WHERE ARE YOUR FREE GIFTS.

You know the answers actually. When you say "Control Economy" you actually meant that Mr. Anwar soar the indexes and enrich YOUR POCKET.:rolleyes::eek:

It may happen, but it shouldn't be the target at all. I my opinion, should NEVER BE.:wink::wink::wink:

I am sorry dude but why would the politicians switch over to Anwar if he does not promise $$$.

Do you think Sabah and Sarawak are not in it for the $$$?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read "The Road to uncertainty - Anwar's takeover Project" by Yang Razali Kassim in ST 16/9, quite an insightful analysis on the current political crossroads in Malaysia. However like the current albeit dissimilar political political turmoil in Thailand, the eventual outcome still remains unclear.

"...It would be foolhardy of UMNO to dismiss Mr Anwar. He may well be able to take over in the end. But it would be equally foolhardy of him to dismiss UMNO. going by lessons of other countries, long-established dominant parties have a way of coming back from the brink - over and over again."