• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WiFi Activism! Political Slogans as your ESSID :-)

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2010/02/wifi-activism-political-slogans-as-your.html

<!-- Begin #content --> <!-- Begin #main --> Monday, February 15, 2010

<!-- Begin .post --> WiFi Activism! Political Slogans as your ESSID :-)

I won't claim to be the 1st, but I got this idea out of my own and I am now inviting WiFi Users to start doing the same. :-) The history is also given here:

In the past years since 2008 till 2010 I had been attending Tak Boleh Tahan & WB/IMF & WB/IMF anniversary trials in famiLEE LEEgime's court among other trials such as GE2006 speeches'cases etc, day in and day out in famiLEE LEEgime's court which had turned into my office for the past few years since the previous election year 2006. There are many activists who also turned LEEgime's court into office bringing their laptops & stuffs into court to do business and political works :-) I brought a mobile broadband with WiFi to share with others, because depending on which court room we were at, some have very poor Wireless@SG connections.

To share broadband via WiFi I setup an access-point which ESSID is a political nature phrase, & I gave the WPA key to the other activists who were at the same trial. My idea had started from there regarding ESSID activism thanks to the LEEgime :-)

What is ESSID ? or this
How to change it?

You can simply select a political slogan as your WiFi ESSID and change it from time to time.

Who will see it?

Every WiFi / Laptop users who check or scan for WiFi network in the area within few hundred meters radius from your AP (access-point) will see it. If you make it very interesting they will remember it. If you shared your Internet then they will memorize it in their Handphones, Laptops, etc and use it frequently.

What are the examples of ESSIDs?

• Vote.PAp.OUT
  • GST_SUCKS
  • Ho_Jinx_STEP_DOWN
  • WKS_RESIGN_NOW
  • MSK_here
  • I-hate-ERP
  • LKY_OLD_DOG_THIEF
:-)

Actually, you can also change your MAC ADDR of your e.g. WiFi routers, from time to time. Read point #8 of this.

Will it affect your WiFi functionally?

You only have to re-set-up your laptops' or handphone's AP settings according to your latest ESSID, it is actually a safe and healthy practice to periodically change your WLAN ESSID & channel number, the reason is similar with periodically changing your passwords.

Is it LEEgal?

Unless your message is inciting murder or riot, there is no law preventing you to put a political message into your ESSID. It will be fun if famiLEE LEEgime starts to make this a law :-)

When the GE come, put VOTE_OPPOSITION in all of your WiFi! :-)

posted by uncleyap at 12:32 AM

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
BlueTooth Activism Also! Political Slogans in Devices' Names! :-)

http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2010/02/bluetooth-activism-also-political.html

<!-- Begin .post --> BlueTooth Activism Also! Political Slogans in Devices' Names!

Related Blog Post yesterday

Actually after posting the above blog msg yesterday I started to also conceive the idea of using Political Slogans as BlueTooth Device Names! :-)

What is BlueTooth Device Name?

Read about this! Bluetooth Users Against BUSH!

For BlueTooth Device Names the difference I think is you can even enter Chinese Language & other Asian Languages, like I did in my own handphone's BlueTooth.

That means you can enter 光鸟死李耀老狗贼 as your Device Name by which people can exchange music or ring tones with your handphone!

It is going to be very effective if you turn on your BlueTooth and and carry your handphone around, you are broadcasting the political slogans to any viewing BlueTooth users within 10 meters or so. Why not? The Americans had been using this trick against G W Bush for long time already, we can use it against famiLEE LEEgime of Old Dog Thief LKY!

posted by uncleyap at 2:13 PM

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting. The internet is really changing the landscape of many things.

Isn't it very lame and boring to use ESSIDs such as Linksys; D-Link; TP-LINK; 2wire123; etc? Or just broadcast your names just like David.Ong over the WiFi?

:p

Do something more exciting mah! Fuck the PAp & famiLEE over the WiFi mah! It is FOC!

:biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: BlueTooth Activism Also! Political Slogans in Devices' Names! :-)

banner2.gif
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: look at that moron Bush!:p

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correction reposted, error caused by wrong drag & drop.

http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2010/02/bluetooth-activism-also-political.html

<!-- Begin .post --> BlueTooth Activism Also! Political Slogans in Devices' Names!

Actually after posting the above blog msg yesterday I started to also conceive the idea of using Political Slogans as BlueTooth Device Names! :-)

For BlueTooth Device Names the difference I think is you can even enter Chinese Language & other Asian Languages, like I did in my own handphone's BlueTooth.

That means you can enter 鸟死李耀老狗贼 as your Device Name by which people can exchange music or ring tones with your handphone!

It is going to be very effective if you turn on your BlueTooth and and carry your handphone around, you are broadcasting the political slogans to any viewing BlueTooth users within 10 meters or so. Why not? The Americans had been using this trick against G W Bush for long time already, we can use it against famiLEE LEEgime of Old Dog Thief LKY!

SammyBoy.Com Thread

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all see beh creative.. I think you can also use your office server name with those nicknames or give your pet dog a nickname such as 宝珊。

Correction reposted, error caused by wrong drag & drop.

That means you can enter 鸟死李耀老狗贼 as your Device Name by which people can exchange music or ring tones with your handphone!

SammyBoy.Com Thread