• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Protest for your FORFEITED VOTING RIGHTS

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Question Singaporeans must seek answer

This is a question that LEEgime and parliament have to answer, but we know that they won't. So Singaporean people will have to seek this answer by ourselves.

When your GRC's MP is either dead or resigned or disqualified, who can vote for you in the parliament? Under the present law & constitution no one can vote on behalf of a vacant MP's seat. Your rights of representation is forfeited in this whole period, until next GE when a new MP takes that seat! Is this fair?
:confused::confused:

In a GRC of 5 seats, when one MP's seat is vacant, there is only 4 votes left. It will remain this way until the next GE because famiLEE LEEgime does not want to hold any by-election. Under their rotten system, there won't even be any by-election to fill any seat even if there is only just 1 MP left in any GRC where there could be up to 4 or 5 vacant seats. :eek:

That means e.g. a 6 seat GRC left with only just 1 vote, and still they will not hold any by-election! Is this fair to those people whose voting rights had been forfeited until next GE years away? :eek::eek:

Ask yourself and then ask your PM for the answer! Now you are allowed to protest at Speakers Corner LEEgally :-) :biggrin::wink:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Writ of election
24. —(1) For the purposes of every general election of Members of Parliament, and for the purposes of the election of Members to supply vacancies caused by death, resignation or otherwise, the President shall issue writs under the public seal, addressed to the Returning Officer.

(2) Every such writ shall be in Form 1 in the First Schedule and shall specify the date or dates (referred to in this Act as the day of nomination) not being less than 5 days nor more than one month after the date of the writ and the place or places of nomination (referred to in this Act as the place of nomination).

(2A) In respect of any group representation constituency, no writ shall be issued under subsection (1) for an election to fill any vacancy unless all the Members for that constituency have vacated their seats in Parliament. :confused::mad::eek:

(3) Upon receipt of the writ, the Returning Officer shall proceed to hold the election in the manner hereinafter provided.

http://uncleyap.blogspot.com/2008/08/most-significant-filth-with-familee.html

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk here aslo useless, organise one since papee already leegalise it and man in the streets will support you.

Last edited:

maynardjohn

I recommend reading the Constitution. This is the same Constitution which the President, the Cabinet and the Parliament have sworn to uphold. The relevant section is contained in Article 49:

Filling of vacancies
49. —(1) Whenever the seat of a Member, not being a non-constituency Member, has become vacant for any reason other than a dissolution of Parliament, the vacancy shall be filled by election in the manner provided by or under any law relating to Parliamentary elections for the time being in force.

(2) The Legislature may by law provide for —
(a) the vacating of a seat of a non-constituency Member in circumstances other than those specified in Article 46;
(b) the filling of vacancies of the seats of non-constituency Members where such vacancies are caused otherwise than by a dissolution of Parliament.

Article 49 states simply and clearly if the seat of the MP is vacant for ANY reason other than a dissolution of Parliament, the vacancy SHALL BE FILLED BY ELECTION [emphasis added]. The by-election is not optional.

The elections laws may determine how the by-election takes place but everything else is predicated on the premise that the by-election does take place.

Any other interpretation is contrary to the constitutional requirement. Any other laws including the Parliament Elections Act are subordinate to it.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk here aslo useless, organise one since papee already leegalise it and man in the streets will support you.

:p:p:p Well one is coming your way and please be prepared to take part in the very FIRST LEEgalized protest very soon.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But since it is LEEgalized I am not very interested to organize, I am only helping the organizers. :smile::rolleyes: To tell you the truth, protest banner had already been designed and printed. :eek::eek::eek:

So peasants GET READY!! The only thing that is not exciting about this is mata are not going to arrest any protesters. :smile::smile: And that is boring for me..:cool::rolleyes:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recommend reading the Constitution. This is the same Constitution which the President, the Cabinet and the Parliament have sworn to uphold. The relevant section is contained in Article 49:

Filling of vacancies
49. —(1) Whenever the seat of a Member, not being a non-constituency Member, has become vacant for any reason other than a dissolution of Parliament, the vacancy shall be filled by election in the manner provided by or under any law relating to Parliamentary elections for the time being in force.

(2) The Legislature may by law provide for —
(a) the vacating of a seat of a non-constituency Member in circumstances other than those specified in Article 46;
(b) the filling of vacancies of the seats of non-constituency Members where such vacancies are caused otherwise than by a dissolution of Parliament.

Article 49 states simply and clearly if the seat of the MP is vacant for ANY reason other than a dissolution of Parliament, the vacancy SHALL BE FILLED BY ELECTION [emphasis added]. The by-election is not optional.

The elections laws may determine how the by-election takes place but everything else is predicated on the premise that the by-election does take place.

Any other interpretation is contrary to the constitutional requirement. Any other laws including the Parliament Elections Act are subordinate to it.

famiLEE LEEgime VIOLATED all the laws and constitutions when elections are concerned frankly and honestly speaking. :mad::mad:

Please refer to following blog post of mine on the Potong Pasir part in 1992/93.
famiLEE LEEgime horrified by political defections

CNA News article

In their worst trepidation the famiLEE LEEgime is watching Malaysian by-election in Permatang Puah in which Mr. Anwar won by landslide and the plan to dethrone BN regime by the 16 September which is Malaysia Day and the birthday of Old Dog Thief Lee Kuan Yew :-)

Ass Loong Son in the parliament this week in great fear insisted that for STABILITY the MPs are not allowed to defect to other political parties like the Malaysians, and that any MP who resigned from their parties under which they were voted will automatically lose their seats. And they will still not call for any by elections!

I would like to point out that famiLEE LEEgime has no self-confident at all and they are indeed worst cowards than Malaysian BN regime. They are constantly in deep fear of political defections and instability indeed.

I would further point out that their law is only meant to retrain their own famiLEE LEEgime MPs from defecting to the opposition camp, this measure is made at great fear that famiLEE LEEgime will get dethroned by defection.

There is only a one-sided imposition of this law against the PAp MPs, while it obviously does not apply to opposition MP. Therefore the famiLEE LEEgime's MPs must all the more defect and renegade against famiLEE. :-)

The clear evidence for this broken law is that Mr. Chiam See Tong was in 1992/1993 sacked from the Singapore Democratic Party, however he did not lose his Potong Pasir seat in accordance with famiLEE LEEgime's law. I am not saying that Mr. Chiam should had lost his seat. But I am saying that famiLEE LEEigme is obviously practicing a one-sided application of law and that they are obviously foul coward selfish and corrupted to the core! :-)

Therefore the famiLEE LEEgime's MPs must all the more defect and renegade against famiLEE. :-)

The Malaysian MPs will, and why should Singaporeans not?

Sammyboy.Com Thread

posted by uncleyap at 7:47 AM

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
:p:p:p Well one is coming your way and please be prepared to take part in the very FIRST LEEgalized protest very soon.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But since it is LEEgalized I am not very interested to organize, I am only helping the organizers. :smile::rolleyes: To tell you the truth, protest banner had already been designed and printed. :eek::eek::eek:

So peasants GET READY!! The only thing that is not exciting about this is mata are not going to arrest any protesters. :smile::smile: And that is boring for me..:cool::rolleyes:

Careful hor, no mata doesn't mean no plaincloth ISD personnel hor..... talk nonsense will get you eat free ore tau pun....:p

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal

Im guessing the first "leegalized" protests are by SDP activisits then? I'm surprised your grouping has accepted this skinny olive branch from the PAP.