• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Congratulation to Mr. Anwar

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
预祝公正党安华补选胜利 Congrats to Mr. Anwar

本人谨此预祝马来西亚公正党领袖安华先生补选胜利。

明日是投票日了。

新加坡人民应该密切注意接下来一个月内的马来西亚政治斗争。多多学习。开开眼界。

老狗贼和孽党的井底蛙,都该擦亮狗眼,多见识见识。:biggrin:

:-)

I hereby extend my sincere congratulations to Mr. Anwar Ibrahim of PKR Malaysia for his by-election which polling is to take place tomorrow.

I urge again to Singaporeans to closely watch the political developments in Malaysia in the next one month to come. Please take reference and lessons and make comparisons for considerations for our own country.:rolleyes:

Being the closest neighbor and a twin brother nation, our close observations of Malaysia will teach us lots of valuable experience which no money can buy.:wink:

posted by uncleyap at 11:32 PM

A

Alu862

预祝公正党安华补选胜利 Congrats to Mr. Anwar

本人谨此预祝马来西亚公正党领袖安华先生补选胜利。

明日是投票日了。

新加坡人民应该密切注意接下来一个月内的马来西亚政治斗争。多多学习。开开眼界。

老狗贼和孽党的井底蛙,都该擦亮狗眼,多见识见识。:biggrin:

:-)

I hereby extend my sincere congratulations to Mr. Anwar Ibrahim of PKR Malaysia for his by-election which polling is to take place tomorrow.

I urge again to Singaporeans to closely watch the political developments in Malaysia in the next one month to come. Please take reference and lessons and make comparisons for considerations for our own country.:rolleyes:

Being the closest neighbor and a twin brother nation, our close observations of Malaysia will teach us lots of valuable experience which no money can buy.:wink:

posted by uncleyap at 11:32 PM

Anwar is an opportunist and not a leader. When he likes is, PAS is his friend. So Yap you are encouraging an Islamic state. No pork for you.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anwar is an opportunist and not a leader. When he likes is, PAS is his friend. So Yap you are encouraging an Islamic state. No pork for you.

:wink: what's your problem? Can not handle PAS?

So will you faint when you encounter JI? :eek:

NasiAyam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anwar is an opportunist and not a leader.
If Anwar is an opportunist, he would have just be a "YES" man 10 years ago and today he is Tun Anwar Ibrahim, the M'sian PM.

Of coz Anwar is a leader, only he can bind PAS and DAP and only a great leader can do that.

csi88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wa,UY before the polling starts and the result is not known, you already start to congratulate Mr Anwar.

Why bother about Malaysia Politics?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Anwar is an opportunist, he would have just be a "YES" man 10 years ago and today he is Tun Anwar Ibrahim, the M'sian PM.

Of coz Anwar is a leader, only he can bind PAS and DAP and only a great leader can do that.
:smile:

Even more so that he is a leader when he fought all the way from Karmoonting prison all the way to power. From ISA detention to 5 states victory.

Abudullah is similar to GCT, only an arranged take over.

Ass Loong Son is even worst, only a monarchy successor.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because Singapore was only independent from there as a part of the federation. Malaysia is Singapore's historic twin bother sharing too much of common things including hundreds of years of history.

:smile:
Some very interesting readings from letters to Malaysia kini:

'Khairy, we know your heart is with us'
Aug 25, 08 10:26am
3049d423cf2a2b4cf31638d6dc11139d.gif
‘Don't worry Khairy, we the public will forgive you because we know you will be the first person to join Anwar when he becomes prime minister.'

On Khairy: We've come to 'bury' Anwar

Dr M Raken: Khairy is caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. On one hand, he must please Mahathir, Najib, Hishamuddin and Mukriz because they all hate Anwar.

On the other hand, it is his father-in-law who is hated by Mahathir and his associates.

Pak Lah knows that he is not going to be in power, so he would like to leave the fate of the country to people who prefer Anwar.

So Khairy is caught between his father-in-law and Mahathir's associates. If Khairy does not say something to show that he hates Anwar, Najib will say ‘there you are, supporting Anwar silently.'

Khairy must say something, like that he has come to ‘bury' Anwar.

Don't worry Khairy, We know your heart is with us. Anwar will forgive you for what you have said, but he will not forget the harm that BN has done to him.

We the public will also forgive you, Khairy, because we know you will be the first person to join Anwar when he becomes prime minister.

Shafer: It astounds me how many people still insist on joining the chorus against Khairy by quoting his relationship with the prime minister. Is it not time to judge the man by his own merit?

As for his call to end Anwar's political career, the responses published here have been akin not to those in a newspaper, but a Pakatan Rakyat online forum!

Emotionally charged rebuttals with little argumentative elements ignore one very important detail: Khairy was delivering a political ceramah at the height of the campaign period.

Just as Anwar takes liberties in his speeches against BN and Umno - like vague accusations about corruption and cronyism within Umno - Khairy too was at the limit in his pleading for votes.

A politically mature citizenry would be amused by the whole political tit-for-tat occurrence during this period and would make judgments based on hard facts gained through research and knowledge.

What it wouldn't do is call for a politician to live in the jungle (as one here did).

Timo Finian:
It appears BN has unleashed Khairy to spew his brand of venom against DSAI. His attempts at humour can best be described as pathetic at the core.

He is another protégé actor of the Sandiwara Master himself, whose sterling performances have been well documented in 'movies' like ‘An evening in Port Dickson' and ‘High flying in Mongolia'.

Khairy goes on to say that if BN loses, Malaysia might as well be sold to the US. I mean, this guy must really think rural Malays are nitwits.
I urge Malays not to allow their intelligence to be insulted by him and to throw their weight behind the opposition.

On the subject of being sold to the US, Khairy should wake up and take a good look. This country has already been sold - not to the US, but to the devil himself for the last 50 yrs.

Every rational Malaysian should rally behind the opposition, making sure that Permatang Pauh doesn't fall into the sullied hands of the dark side.

Raptor 22: Khairy, do you still remember what you said about the Hindraf rally last November? Let me recall it for you - beruk-beruk di jalan raya.

But in this GE - when you stayed in one of the five-star hotels in Seremban for your Rembau parliamentary campaign - I saw you smiling at every Indian, bowing to them and going to the Indian-populated places to pinch their votes.

If your so-called father-in-law didn't misuse the law, do you think it would be so simple for you to become MP and deputy youth president in Umno?

First, you should answer Dr M's question ‘Who is Khairy?'

A Fed-up Citizen:
Let me just remind you, KJ, that you will see something that has never happened before.

The BN candidate will lose his deposit because they will get less than an eighth of the total votes cast in this by election.

Congratulations to KJ for helping BN achieve this record in Malaysian history.

May all the voters in Permatang Pauh understand what is happening right now in our country and do their part to ensure that we have a new government - the Pakatan Rakyat government.

What A Leader?:
Culture is far too deep-rooted to say that a race or a society has been allowed to ‘practice' its culture. Culture evolves - it is not forced.

So why talk about allowing a culture to exist?

Such a restricted and myopic view only frightens the already fragile unity, particularly when BN politicians talk uncontrollably during by elections. I feel sorry for them.

Adrian Lee: KJ feeds on the power of his father-in-law, Abdullah - a power-hungry man known to be behind a lot of unethical happenings. Why is there one law for the rich and mighty, and another one for the rest?

The Permatang Pauh by-election is about choosing between integrity, truth and good governance and lies, corruption and bad governance.

The majority of the rakyat are with Anwar Ibrahim! Let the rakyat ‘bury' the arrogant KJ and send him to oblivion.

Johan Azlan:
Anwar keeps on saying that he has foreign political leaders behind him. May I ask why?

We are Malaysians - we have the ability to manage our own country.

My view on this matter is that the US is trying to control our leaders and our economy. I hope the voters at Permatang Pauh can see this clearly.

Apprehensively Hopeful: Answer the accusations Anwa for there are real questions to be answered.

Why was Saiful brought overseas? Should we keep our undying faith in the Pakatan after the allegations involving two PKR state exco members?

Why choose Permatang Pauh as a battleground at the expense of a female MP when female representation in parliament already leaves much to be desired?

I wish my fellow Malaysians would put their cynicism towards the government aside and entertain the possibility that maybe, just maybe, Anwar is not that white knight after all.

On Say sorry for 'Anwar kacau my wife' remark

RS: My dear Hamzah, blame only yourself for your wife wanting to be ‘kacaued' by another man.

There is a Malay proverb that says mana kucing tak makan ikan - look into your setbacks first, for your wife could be wanting more attention from you.

A man would not make passes at another woman if he sees no response from her. It takes two hands to clap, you know.

Mark S Lee: Of late, I have been following your news closely, and I must say, this is the dirtiest and most desperate political campaign I have ever seen.

The video projection of Saiful on the big TV screen nightly is indeed a disaster for a Muslim nation like yours, Malaysia.

When all else failed, they invoked the name of God and now come out with all sorts of character-assassination ideas for their rival, Anwar Ibrahim.

My conclusion is that your BN government really puts me off. I definitely will have to think over my application for your ‘Malaysia, My Second Home' programme.

On Anwar Ibrahim's promise to the poor

Xroy: I was thinking of the song called ‘Come September' by Bobby Darren in the late fifties or early sixties.

I think it should be the campaign music for Permatang Pauh because come September, Anwar Ibrahim will reclaim Merdeka for Malaysia.

Yes, he will reclaim our independence from the bunch of tyrants who have ruled without morality for quite some time now.

Sept 16 will indeed be a great day, as it is the day when Malaysia will be declared independent - the real Merdeka Day for Malaysians.

Aug 31, 1957, was the day that Malaya (Peninsular Malaysia today) became independent.

The day Sabah, Sarawak and Singapore joined us and we became one independent nation was Sept 16, 1963.

So Sept 16 is indeed an auspicious day - a day that will be Merdeka day and remembered as the day Anwar Ibrahim reclaimed merdeka for the entire nation.

So remember the song that is called ‘Come September' - it's a fantastic piece. Ask your DJs to play it for you, because come September, we'll all be celebrating Merdeka.

On Anwar laments attitude of ex-buddies

Duakalilima: Dear DSAI - I don't think you should complain much about your 'ex-friends'. You are doing the same thing too.

You were deputy prime minister, finance minister, Umno's national deputy president, Penang Umno Liaison Committee chief and Permatang Pauh division chief before your sacking from the government and party in 1998.

By saying this, people may start asking who created the path for you to climb up the Umno and government hierarchy. Think before you speak, man.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

He is not an opportunist, he is a politician with a vengence. The anger in him gives him the drive, he want to take back what rightfully his.

I would lke this person in the Parliament but not leading the country, at least not this term.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
To say Anwar is an opportunist is to say every other political wannabe, leader and ball-carrier are not opportunists?

I think it is more accurate to say that Anwar is a politician, same as every other politician.

The racial/religious card has been played by a number of mainstream politicians in their past, though prudence dictates they shall not be named.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard from my friend in Penang. The elction in Permatang Pauh is hot. Like in Hougang in last election. Is like having fair. Some those stay neraby going there to join the FUN. Free food and drink. Many resident there event receive like rice and cooking oil.
Some singing Mongolia name Altantuya when DPM Najid arrive at the since and some showing money(mean buy vote) shouting want money I give you.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
......Some singing Mongolia name Altantuya when DPM Najid arrive at the since and some showing money(mean buy vote) shouting want money I give you.

This issue had disgusted me and made me ponder on two thoughts:

(1) is it really the truth?

(2) will the truth change if Malaysia is not dominated by UMNO?

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
mata arrested on PKR man, Tian Chua controlled crowd

斯里本南地投票站险酿冲突
警方介入扣一公正党支持者
8月26日 中午12点46分
国阵与人民公正党支持者今早在高巴三万的斯里本南地国小投票站险酿冲突,警方与镇暴队员及时介入,并逮捕一名身穿公正党衣服的男子。:eek:

事源公正党候选人安华于今早9点40分,抵达斯里本南地国小投票站进行投票时,共有大约1000名支持者在场摇旗呐喊支持,站在马路对面的约300名国阵支持者则不同高喊口号。

不过,当安华在早上10点10分离开投票站后,公正党和国阵两方阵营都没有散去的迹象,并继续互相叫嚣呛声。

不听从警方指示后退被扣:eek:

结果双方支持者逐渐靠向马路,距离仅有10公尺,眼见两营叫阵越渐激烈,因此警方要求双方支持者向后退。

正当大约400名公正党支持者听从指示往后退时,相信是其中一名支持者被逼向马路旁的沟渠时,突然喊口号呛声,结果被10多名警察蜂拥将他逮捕,并且强拉到离投票站不到100公尺的高巴三万警察局。

在逮捕的过程中,一对年迈的夫妻被撞倒。:mad:

蔡添强助指挥支持者后退

在场的公正党宣传主任蔡添强介入与警方沟通,指挥民联支持者退至特定范围,而警方也不阻止支持者喊口号。过后公正党党员皆遵从指示,退后到指定地点并沉静下来。

截至中午12点半,该名男子依然被扣留在警察局内,警方不运行记者进入警局采访。目前仍有大约400名公正党支持者与200名国阵支持者聚集在现场,不时传出一些叫嚣与呐喊声,但是双方都保持高度的克制。

希山凯里抵达引双方叫阵:biggrin:

不过,警方仍派出多达80名镇暴队队员,以便隔开民联及国阵支持者,并在支持者前面驻守戒备。

在中午12点40分,巫青团长希山慕丁与副团长凯里抵达斯里本南地国小投票站,巫青团支持者高唱党歌,敌营则高喊烈火莫熄和喝倒彩。整条高巴三万路一度寸步难行。
不听从警方指示后退被扣
蔡添强助指挥支持者后退
希山凯里抵达引双方叫阵

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This issue had disgusted me and made me ponder on two thoughts:

(1) is it really the truth?

(2) will the truth change if Malaysia is not dominated by UMNO?

Yeah. Those opposition suppoter really chanting Altantuya Altantuya............. and money money want money I give you . You can try serch in Youtube clip (search for "Permatang Pauh")
I really laugh and they really dare to speak up. Police at the side only control crowd. When the Fire engine pass thru they even chanting Hidup Bomba..... mean Long life Fireman.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo5ibhtJTSI

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
EXIT POLL = 61% Congratulation to Mr. Anwar

Uncle Yap, it is congratulationS.

Anwar won 61% of vote: PKR exit polls Aug 26, 08 3:56pm Opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim's PKR said today its exit polls indicate he has won 61 percent of the votes in a by-election expected to return him to parliament.
MCPX
track

"From our exit poll figures and what we are tracking, Anwar is safely leading in the polls and... I think that it is right to say about 61 percent," said Sivarasa Rasiah, PKR vice-president.
c845e586fb2bd9a036ee9524301ac56e.gif
Sivarasa said that Anwar's opponent from the Barisan Nasional coalition, Arif Shah Omar Shah, had garnered about 39 percent of the vote.
"We are still not declaring victory as we will wait for the official election results from the Election Commission," he told AFP a few hours before polling closes.

If the turnout is about 80 percent, this will translate into about 28,000 votes for Anwar against Arif's 18,000, with a majority of around 10,000.

This estimates discount the votes for the third candidate, Hanafi Hamat of Akim, who is not expected to pick up many votes.
Polling booths opened at 8am and closed at 5pm. Official results are expected to be known by 8pm.
Anwar has been widely tipped to win the vote in Permatang Pauh, an electorate in his home state of Penang which he held until he was sacked as deputy prime minister in 1998 and jailed on sodomy and corruption charges.'Lower turnout among non-Malays'

Anwar said that although the opposition-controlled state government of Penang had declared a public holiday to boost turnout, many workers were not given time off to cast their ballots.
821d88adb6bebb2b78abec46b07d66aa.gif

"Most of the core supporters of PKR are factory workers. My concern is the turnout and it's too low for comfort," he said.
Political pundits said they will focus on the size of the winning margin, compared to that attained by Anwar's wife Wan Azizah Wan Ismail who held the seat during his political exile.
"We are expecting Anwar's win to be the same as big as when Wan Azizah contested but we think that it will be less in terms of absolute numbers due to it being a working day for many," Sivarasa said.
Wan Azizah won about 64 percent of votes cast in March general elections, with a majority of 13,400.
The groundswell of support allowed the opposition to take control of five states and a third of parliamentary seats.
Turnout in March was 81 percent, but PKR information chief Tian Chua said only 60 percent of eligible voters had cast their ballot by mid-afternoon, and that numbers from ethnic minorities were low.
"Chinese and Indian voters are not coming out as much as we had expected. This could be due to intimidation," he said, with a couple hours of polling to go.
The opposition has accused the government of stoking tensions between Malays and the nation's ethnic minorities to try to undermine Anwar, by painting him as a 'Chinese agent' who has sold out Malay interests.
<!-- video begin --><!-- video end -->

A

Alu862

Yap only wants change for change sake. He has no idea what the alternative plan should be

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean Reformists should Celebrate Victory with Mr Anwar

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

<!-- Begin .post --> Singaporean Reformists should Celebrate Victory with Mr Anwar :smile::smile::smile:

Quote Malaysia Kini:

9.50pm: Official EC tally - Anwar got 31,195 votes, Arif Shah, 15,524, Hanafi, 92. Anwar won with a majority of 15,671.

Mr. Anwar and Reformasi movement had got a CLEAR MANDATE from the Malaysian voters, I congratulate Malaysia & PKR + PAS + DAP alliance, I congratulate Mr. Anwar again. :-)

Singaporean reformists share the joy of Malaysian reformists. This is a great celebration.

To Hell With The Corrupted Regimes! To Hell With Incompetent Cowards!

The Malaysians have awaken, we can see that. The greedy regime will be buried with their own sins. I wish my fellow Singaporeans will wake up like Malaysians.

Anwar gets BIGGER majority Aug 26, 08 7:17am MCPX
track

Malaysiakini goes live today with the by-election coverage, giving updates on the voting and other happenings in this constituency. Please click 'Refresh' or 'Reload' in your browser for the latest reports from Permatang Pauh.
[See map]

9.50pm: Official EC tally - Anwar got 31,195 votes, Arif Shah, 15,524, Hanafi, 92. Anwar won with a majority of 15,671.

Anwar's wife, Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, won the seat with a 13,388 majority at the March 8 general elections.

The official voter turnout was 81.1 percent, or 47,410 out of 58,459 registered voters - which was much higher than what the EC had stated earlier. There were 599 spoilt votes.
Meanwhile, outside Tuanku Bainun Teaching Institute, thousands of jubilant PKR supporters had gathered to embrace their leader's return to Parliament.

PKR vice-president Azmin Ali was there to address the crowd numbering some 6,000. Other party leaders like R Sivarasa and Tian Chua were also there.
Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng, DAP veteran Lim Kit Siang and PAS' Husam Musa were also there.

Anwar is expected to address this ecstatic group of supporters later as well. Tian said that the overwhelming victory showed that "the prime minister's racial politics is bankrupt".
The EC made the official announcement at 10.05pm. Only Anwar and Hanafi were present at the announcement. Also present was Wan Azizah.

After the announcement was made, Anwar said that he was touched by the victory.
The victor immediately went to meet his supporters after that.
9.25pm: Official EC results - With final five ballot boxes to go, Anwar has bagged 29,526 votes, Arif Shah (14,444) and Hanafi (89). Majority so far: 15,082.
9.12pm: Official EC results - With 11 more boxes to go, Anwar has won the by-election with a 14,551 majority. He garnered 27,977 votes while BN's Arif Shah obtained 13,426 while Akim's Hanafi Hamat got 85.
8pm: Unofficial results - Anwar Ibrahim wins with a majority of 16,210 votes. He garnered 26,646 votes while Arif Shah Omar Shah got 10,436.

However, PKR unofficial results - Anwar wins with a majority of 17,652, obtaining 31,949 votes. BN's Arif Shah garnered 14,297 while Akim's Hanafi Hamat got 74. Hanafi to lose his RM15,000 deposit. This figure would mean 46,320 voters cast their ballots instead of the EC's 38,144.

BN's website can be accessed here while PKR's site is located here.
posted by uncleyap at 7:51 AM 0 comments