• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Thais do the right thing!

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand cannot afford to go down the singapore way, it will lose its culture, its spirit, and everything else.

Look at singapore, what do we have ? You are proud of the Lee family and the HDB Flats and over-crowded MRT? What culture do singapore have??
Until today, potable water is never enough and you talk about Marina reservior ? Big joke !

The Thais are doing the right thing.

However messy now, Thailand will still emerge as a nation.

In singapore, one Dr Chee, the Lee Family and its police already kalangkabor!

Long live the Thais---fight for your country !

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, you condone the PAD supporter in firing their guns at their fellow citizens even though they are supporters of the ruling party?

What does one taking another one's life means ? Isn't it a Buddhist country ? How much do these people know about Buddhism ? No one has any f88king right to take an innocent life, only barbarians do it. As a Buddhist, you dun take another one's life, let alone hurting them.

The same thing goes to the barbaric government supporters for throwing bombs into the opposition supporters; an eye for an eye is not the teaching of Buddhism. F88king barbaric Thai protestors, you are a shame to your nation.

Learn a lesson or 2 from Dr Chee - non violent civil disobedience !!

Yes, Chee may be suffering from LKY's PAP ruthlessness, believe me, LKY lan cheow will rot till he dies !!!

Thailand cannot afford to go down the singapore way, it will lose its culture, its spirit, and everything else.

Look at singapore, what do we have ? You are proud of the Lee family and the HDB Flats and over-crowded MRT? What culture do singapore have??
Until today, potable water is never enough and you talk about Marina reservior ? Big joke !

The Thais are doing the right thing.

However messy now, Thailand will still emerge as a nation.

In singapore, one Dr Chee, the Lee Family and its police already kalangkabor!

Long live the Thais---fight for your country !

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thugsin and gang are still in control of Thailand.

These thugs will bring Thailand down to an enterprise like singapore ---a country ruled by businessmen.

Patriotic thais will not let this happen, Thailand is their country, not an enterprise like singapore.

Singapore will collapse (no need protest) if golden period is gone for good.

Thailand as a country will remain a beautiful country if there is no golden period.

Only bloodshed will save Thailand from Business thugs.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
many lambast thailand for its constant change of govt... but after so many coups and coups.. the country is still moving on... now switch to the pap singapore...

the pap always hint that singapore will collapse without them.. so does that mean the pap system is not robust enough for a change of govt ??.. so the pap has done a great disservice to the people by a weak system which cannot withstand changes...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thailand must move forward towards the abolishment of the monarchy...otherwise the thais will remain forever poor and subdued and enslaved...this is the golden opportunity for the thais to change their political landscape once and for all.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no question about that, but Singaporeans have to learn into details.

In a total reform or large campaign, although the overall may be right or good, but can never be perfect - don't try to be perfect you will never be. To learn you have to be able to see a complex mixture of rights and wrongs within a long term large political activity of confrontation and reform.

There are definitely prices to be paid, and doing some of the wrong are unavoidably being part of the price.

You always have to face criticism in such things. Without the relatively smaller wrongs you can never get the bigger rights done.

:smile::wink::cool:

We must watch closely and learn from the Thais.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"...In a total reform or large campaign, although the overall may be right or good, but can never be perfect - don't try to be perfect you will never be. To learn you have to be able to see a complex mixture of rights and wrongs within a long term large political activity of confrontation and reform..."

uncle i don't understand what you're trying to say...can write in simple english so that peasants like me can understand what u r trying to say...if u speak like this...the heartlanders don't no what you toking...

i listen to the news...and those high flyers speak a brand of english i don't understand...what the hell are they trying to say using very powerful words which i can't even find in the dickionary....when communicating with the public,esp for a politician, use simple words and use simple analogies so that people understand...all the great preachers of the world use simple analogies and The Word spread far and wide and last forever...understand uncle? good. thank you.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
thailand must move forward towards the abolishment of the monarchy...otherwise the thais will remain forever poor and subdued and enslaved...this is the golden opportunity for the thais to change their political landscape once and for all.

And replace the monarchy with what? Can you find someone who has the potential to become even a future Thai President?

Besides the PAD is pro-monarchy. They have fought against Thaksin's forces in the name of their King.

There is no question about that, but Singaporeans have to learn into details.

In a total reform or large campaign, although the overall may be right or good, but can never be perfect - don't try to be perfect you will never be. To learn you have to be able to see a complex mixture of rights and wrongs within a long term large political activity of confrontation and reform.

There are definitely prices to be paid, and doing some of the wrong are unavoidably being part of the price.

You always have to face criticism in such things. Without the relatively smaller wrongs you can never get the bigger rights done.

We must watch closely and learn from the Thais.

Its all very well, but Thailand depends heavily on tourism for their economy, and such disruptions often have a long term effect. If less people visit Thailand because of this, even if there's more democracy later, thai people who depend largely on tourism dollars will not earn enough money to put food on the table.

That's when these people will start yearning for the days of Prime Minister Thaksin.

As I said, democracy is the facilitator, in which it incorporates freedom, transparency and accountability with economics- among others- to form a system that works for people, the country and its government. But if either one is lacking, a lot of people will be dissatisfied enough to yearn for a return to autocracy and, albeit, short term stability. FDR once said that dictatorships are formed when people are poor and destitute enough- that still rings true today.

So, Uncle Yap, as much as you think democracy is enough to solve everything, the real world, realistically insist that if you want democracy, then you need to bring in money, and overall stability. Obama didn't win the Presidency by just promising democracy. He actually had policies that would help people to keep their jobs and earn more money to at least put food on the table.

Last edited:

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
sw.jpg

"Riot to tell me step down? No way yet as I need to find ways to transfer some $ to my brother-in-law who is stranded somewhere outside land of lust. Gee hee.."

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"...i wanted to go to phuket.." shouted and screamed one angmoh tourist at the bangkok airport. knn! damned disgraceful this angmoh...you want to go to phuket then go lor..walk also can, swim also can...go lor!!!

damned disgraceful...now angmohs are behaving like rogues and hooligans...and our sinkie women find them so attractive...pui!!!

C

cliffstyle

i think the thai is getting into much trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"...i wanted to go to phuket.." shouted and screamed one angmoh tourist at the bangkok airport. knn! damned disgraceful this angmoh...you want to go to phuket then go lor..walk also can, swim also can...go lor!!!

damned disgraceful...now angmohs are behaving like rogues and hooligans...and our sinkie women find them so attractive...pui!!!

Leave also cannot, stay also not a solution. If he have brain, get out of the airport and take a taxi/bus or hire a private driver take him to Malaysia that only taking him about 16hr on the road will reach the Malaysia border.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
"...In a total reform or large campaign, although the overall may be right or good, but can never be perfect - don't try to be perfect you will never be. To learn you have to be able to see a complex mixture of rights and wrongs within a long term large political activity of confrontation and reform..."

uncle i don't understand what you're trying to say...can write in simple english so that peasants like me can understand what u r trying to say...if u speak like this...the heartlanders don't no what you toking...

i listen to the news...and those high flyers speak a brand of english i don't understand...what the hell are they trying to say using very powerful words which i can't even find in the dickionary....when communicating with the public,esp for a politician, use simple words and use simple analogies so that people understand...all the great preachers of the world use simple analogies and The Word spread far and wide and last forever...understand uncle? good. thank you.

I can try but sorry I am not high flyer I am Ah Beng. :wink::biggrin:

To do a bigger good thing you have to accept that some undesirable or wrong thing have to be done in smaller ways. That is what I said.

Let me give you example.

It is a hurtful and damaging thing if your body had to be poked by needles or cut by knifes, not to say remove your internal organ from your body. Right? And cause you to bleed... etc.

But in the OT, that is exactly what the doctors need to do some time unfortunately just to try to save your live mah. Correct?

You will suffer bleeding, wounds, hurts, and be rendered unconscious, and had your internal organs removed during surgery. These are smaller BAD THINGS you have to accept, in order that bigger thing of saving your live could be done.

That is the analogy. Can you understand?

In order perform a political change to a country for a greater good, much prices have to be paid, and often destructions and death and financial losses are just part of it. Look at the civil war of USA, without which there is no USA superpower today. :wink::cool:

Just to be fair these high prices are some time paid without getting desired results, there is some risk. Just as surgeries are not 100% success rate. Some time people do die of surgeries also. That is a risk to take, and prices to be paid, hoping to successfully gain better & greater goods.

The Thais know it, Singaporeans must also learn it. Many other countries people did it before. When the time arrived it can not be avoided. :rolleyes:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leave also cannot, stay also not a solution. If he have brain, get out of the airport and take a taxi/bus or hire a private driver take him to Malaysia that only taking him about 16hr on the road will reach the Malaysia border.

Thanks for highlighting the word "insensitive" again, brothers. I mean, people go to Thailand for tourism, not for their politics right?

And it so happens that tourism is one of their main industries, and now the PAD has to occupy the airport. Sometimes when one group- hardly democratic in nature despite its name- goes too far in that direction, it often doesn't send the right signal.

The right signal is one which HK demonstrated in 2003 against Tung Chee Hwa. The wrong one would be the 1968 riots in Chicago during the Democratic convention due to clashes over Vietnam. And these actions have a nasty- for the latter- habit of giving off a very long term impression.

I mean, they will have democracy soon- or not- but at the expense of a bad economy, democracy will not do anything. And people, and I repeat this again, will not support democracy if they have nothing to eat. And tourism happens to be an industry that supports a lot of people in Thailand. If the tourists go, so does the jobs, and spending, and the economy takes a very big hit. And it can last for several years.

Is that really what you want for ordinary thais?

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thailand is a big country with multiple international airports unlike red dot.

There are available alternatives still. 2 airports close does not entirely close civil aviation traffics to and from Thailand. Even within West Malaysia, there are so many international airport.

Uniquely Singapore there is just one and only. If JI closed it. That's it for SINKapore! :biggrin::biggrin::wink::rolleyes::eek:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thank u uncle..you ingerish very terok one...okay okay...must learn to sacrifice -sometimes even die - to achieve the greater good....u think u r doing the right thing now...getting all your organs cut out by the surgeon...u think u can still survive...by protesting like a clown in singapore....? why bet on the wrong horse? mr nair came and made a mockery of our system...came and called our top judges prostitutes...came and made a fool of our leaders...you condoned such a treacherous act? uncle you tell me right or not? thank you.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can try but sorry I am not high flyer I am Ah Beng. :wink::biggrin:

To do a bigger good thing you have to accept that some undesirable or wrong thing have to be done in smaller ways. That is what I said.

Let me give you example.

It is a hurtful and damaging thing if your body had to be poked by needles or cut by knifes, not to say remove your internal organ from your body. Right? And cause you to bleed... etc.

But in the OT, that is exactly what the doctors need to do some time unfortunately just to try to save your live mah. Correct?

You will suffer bleeding, wounds, hurts, and be rendered unconscious, and had your internal organs removed during surgery. These are smaller BAD THINGS you have to accept, in order that bigger thing of saving your live could be done.

That is the analogy. Can you understand?

In order perform a political change to a country for a greater good, much prices have to be paid, and often destructions and death and financial losses are just part of it. Look at the civil war of USA, without which there is no USA superpower today. :wink::cool:

Just to be fair these high prices are some time paid without getting desired results, there is some risk. Just as surgeries are not 100% success rate. Some time people do die of surgeries also. That is a risk to take, and prices to be paid, hoping to successfully gain better & greater goods.

The Thais know it, Singaporeans must also learn it. Many other countries people did it before. When the time arrived it can not be avoided. :rolleyes:

Its all very true until people realise that the US civil war took place at a time when news from a major city took several days before it reached a small town in Ohio.

Now with a globalised world, a country wrecked with internal immense turmoil often don't have the luxury of what 19th century US had after the end of the civil war.

I mean, sure, sometimes a country has to go through a immense period of turmoil. Indonesia is one example. Serbia is another. As with the former Yugoslav republics. Even the break-up of the Soviet Union can be counted. But as all these countries have also prove that with the time spent on sorting out these conflicts, much valuable time has been wasted while the other countries in peace have marched ahead beyond them.

And as a result, many of those I mentioned are still in a state of recovery despite the years since the conflicts have ceased.

So do be careful what you wish for. I mean all these countries for all they are, have natural resources in which they can export to get themselves out of trouble. Business is the main lifeline for Singapore, and if immense political turmoil- in the form of literal bloodshed- takes place in Singapore, foreigners will not come due to a lack of confidence in the country, and locals will migrate increasingly. The economy would be wrecked almost completely- and this will have a permanent effect on the country for a very, very long time.

That's why a political revolution means actually a political evolution. It only gives us a higher moral standing against a ruling party that has none. But if we resort to the same dirty tactics which have been used openly by the PAP, then it just defeats the purpose of kicking them out. There are many ways to go around it to get a good victory.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
dear the latestH, you boleh lah....

singapore cannot afford to copy others blindly and mindlessly like sleeping in the airports and camping in the seaports or cooking in the parliament and putting up tents in the istana.

we should be more subtle and more sophisticated in initiating a smooth and peaceful political evolution.

no use having a democracy when people are just waiting to die in their huts and slums...and live in ghettos....u r the man man!!!