• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The apparent sacking of LvG and hiring of Mourinho has been an absolute disgrace. I am no fan of LvG but the way he has been treated by the Man Utd board/owners has been embarrassing. The guy is told that he is to be replaced by Mourinho by the media instead of Ed Woodward? WTF!

At least they should have let him celebrate his achievement of winning the FA Cup before sacking him. This whole incident leaves me wondering whether Mourinho will be any better than LVG or Moyes before him. Given his reputation for silly mind games and ignoring young talent from grassroots and academy, I'm not sure he will really be that successful at United. However, I am looking forward to him locking horns with Pep Guardiola in the EPL.

Whatever you may think of LvG, he didn't deserve to end his career at Man Utd like this, especially after winning silverware.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
The apparent sacking of LvG and hiring of Mourinho has been an absolute disgrace. I am no fan of LvG but the way he has been treated by the Man Utd board/owners has been embarrassing. The guy is told that he is to be replaced by Mourinho by the media instead of Ed Woodward? WTF!

At least they should have let him celebrate his achievement of winning the FA Cup before sacking him. This whole incident leaves me wondering whether Mourinho will be any better than LVG or Moyes before him. Given his reputation for silly mind games and ignoring young talent from grassroots and academy, I'm not sure he will really be that successful at United. However, I am looking forward to him locking horns with Pep Guardiola in the EPL.

Whatever you may think of LvG, he didn't deserve to end his career at Man Utd like this, especially after winning silverware.
Lvg will be sport director at man u

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van Gaal already knew he will be sacked before the FA final, he lost his job after the lost to West Ham about 2 weeks ago which kicked Man U out of the top 4.

I remember during preseason Ed Woodward set the season goal at top 4 finish / Champions League spot, which is a clause set by Adidas in the billion dollar kit deal. Van Gaal agreed to Woodward's season goal and even set his own target at top 3 finish. Van Gaal knew he would be sacked if he fail to finish top 4.

I like Van Gaal but it was boring to watch Man U play football for much of this season, there were few shots at goal as they had difficulty creating and scoring, and their defence was terrible. Fortunately their youth players Rashford and Lingard scored some crucial goals to rescue them from disaster. Martial is a good buy and probably their best player now along with David de Gea.

Wonder if Mourinho can make the team attack and defend much better, if not it will be another boring and awful Man U to watch next season.

jw5

Loyal
Van Gaal already knew he will be sacked before the FA final, he lost his job after the lost to West Ham about 2 weeks ago which kicked Man U out of the top 4.

I remember during preseason Ed Woodward set the season goal at top 4 finish / Champions League spot, which is a clause set by Adidas in the billion dollar kit deal. Van Gaal agreed to Woodward's season goal and even set his own target at top 3 finish. Van Gaal knew he would be sacked if he fail to finish top 4.

I like Van Gaal but it was boring to watch Man U play football for much of this season, there were few shots at goal as they had difficulty creating and scoring, and their defence was terrible. Fortunately their youth players Rashford and Lingard scored some crucial goals to rescue them from disaster. Martial is a good buy and probably their best player now along with David de Gea.

Wonder if Mourinho can make the team attack and defend much better, if not it will be another boring and awful Man U to watch next season.

LVG's team played sleep inducing football at the theatre of dreams and he didn't meet his target of champions league qualification. That's why he had to go. :wink:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LVG's team played sleep inducing football at the theatre of dreams and he didn't meet his target of champions league qualification. That's why he had to go. :wink:

But he was a comical genuis. I will miss his quirky contributions to the game. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
But he was a comical genuis. I will miss his quirky contributions to the game. :smile:

He was definitely a character with great knowledge about football. And he was not solely to blame for Man Utd's boring football or their failure to finish top 4 either. Nobody complained that the Dutch national team played boring football or about their style of play or results during the last world cup. :wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nba confernece finals. East and western favourites golden state warriors and cleveland might not win their finals so it could be new teams torronto vs oklahama city thunder.

jw5

Loyal
nba confernece finals. East and western favourites golden state warriors and cleveland might not win their finals so it could be new teams torronto vs oklahama city thunder.

Hopefully it will be the turn of Oklahoma City Thunder and Durant/Westbrook. LBJ has won enough with the Heat. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
This Saturday 2 Big Games:

Champions League Final: Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid

English Championship Promotion Playoff: Hull City vs Sheffield Wednesday