• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

jw5

Loyal
If we can't beat teams like Preston North End at Loftus Road how can you expect us to fare against the likes of Burnley and Bournemouth?
We just are not Premiership quality.

Maybe not, but neither are the other 23 teams in the Championship. QPR were top of the table before this match, it could be just a blip. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
So moody. :biggrin:

i

Liverpool's day to forget

After a euphoric win vs. Arsenal, Jurgen Klopp's men were stunned at Burnley. Liverpool started poorly at Turf Moor but, unlike last weekend, were unable to get back into the game and were deservedly beaten.

jw5

Loyal
Looks like Joe Hart's days at Man City are numbered. :biggrin:

i

Claudio Bravo heading to Man City as Barcelona confirm deal in principle.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe not, but neither are the other 23 teams in the Championship. QPR were top of the table before this match, it could be just a blip. :biggrin:

Teams that get relegated from the Premiership will find it increasingly difficult to climb back up in the next season. Sadly, QPR are no exception.

Unless you've owners with deep pockets from the Middle East or Asia, expect to spend extended periods in the lower leagues. I fear for teams like Newcastle, Aston Villa, Norwich etc who have a strong history in the Premiership may never get promoted anytime soon (or if they do, will get relegated the next season).

Just look at the chicken sellers at Blackburn Rovers (former EPL Champions back in the 90s) but now languishing at the bottom of the Championship table.

jw5

Loyal
Teams that get relegated from the Premiership will find it increasingly difficult to climb back up in the next season. Sadly, QPR are no exception.

Unless you've owners with deep pockets from the Middle East or Asia, expect to spend extended periods in the lower leagues. I fear for teams like Newcastle, Aston Villa, Norwich etc who have a strong history in the Premiership may never get promoted anytime soon (or if they do, will get relegated the next season).

Just look at the chicken sellers at Blackburn Rovers (former EPL Champions back in the 90s) but now languishing at the bottom of the Championship table.

Yes, and that is why almost every team in the Championship has a chance at getting promoted, including QPR. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
curse of Moyes...antedote, to buy more rejects from Man Utd.
Phil Jones is highly recommended.

He already bought Donald Love and Paddy McNair and Januzaj is there on loan. Yah, he should take Phil Jones and maybe Ashley Young also. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Bale, Asensio help Real Madrid to winning start; Atletico suffer late draw

Gareth Bale made it five goals in four trips to San Sebastian as his early goal set Real Madrid on the way to a comfortable 3-0 victory away to Real Sociedad.

The Wales forward headed home with just over a minute gone and the second arrived in the 40th minute when young midfielder Marco Asensio applied a composed finish to a long ball forward.

Bale book-ended the night with virtually the last kick of the game as he took the ball around Geronimo Rulli to score a third.

Zinedine Zidane had a number of first-team regulars missing for Real's opening La Liga match, with superstar forward Cristiano Ronaldo still not fully recovered from the knee ligament injury he suffered playing for Portugal in the Euro 2016 final.

Atletico Madrid dropped two points in extraordinary fashion after conceding a stoppage-time equaliser to Alaves in a 1-1 draw having only gone in front two minutes earlier.

Coach Diego Simeone had seen Atletico's principal La Liga title rivals Barcelona and Real win their opening games and it seemed they had finally made the breakthrough when debutant Kevin Gameiro, who had wasted earlier chances, converted from the spot after a penalty was controversially awarded for a foul on Fernando Torres.

Incredibly though, Alaves conjured a leveller when Manu drilled a sweet 25-yard shot beyond Jan Oblak, who had barely had a save to make in a match Atletico dominated.

Sporting Gijon scored twice in the space of three minutes at the start of the second half to beat Athletic Bilbao 2-1 at El Molinon.

It was a positive start from the hosts, who had narrowly avoided relegation last season.

Duje Cop and Victor Rodriguez struck swiftly after half-time before Borja Viguera netted a late consolation, with the contest overshadowed by racist chanting from a section of the home support.

Midfielder Moi Gomez, a summer signing from Getafe, shot over before Bilbao forward Inaki Williams saw an effort saved -- the latter causing a pause in play as the referee asked for a stadium announcement to be made after Williams was subject to racist chants, with Athletic Bilbao later confirming the incident on their Twitter account.

jw5

Loyal
i

Sterling and Zlatan star in Manchester

Raheem Sterling and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are thriving in Manchester this season. City winger Sterling looks reborn under Pep Guardiola, while United striker Ibrahimovic has four goals in his first three games.

jw5

Loyal
So why does he play so shit for England? :confused: Personally, I think he's in the over-rated category whereas Zlatan has already proved himself as a world class striker.

I think Sterling is over-rated too. He looks good because he plays alongside world class players like Aguero, Silva and De Bruyne. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Man Utd's Paul Pogba not Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo - Patrick Vieira

Paul Pogba needs to be himself rather than try to emulate Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, according to former Juventus and France midfielder Patrick Vieira.

France midfielder Pogba made his United debut on Friday, after signing from Juventus for a world-record fee of £89 million, in a 2-0 home win over Southampton.

New York City manager Vieira told the Daily Mirror: "I'm a massive fan of Pogba. I think he's a fantastic player -- no doubt about it -- but, at the same time, I believe the Premier League is different, and there will be a lot of pressure on his shoulders because of the price tag and expectation.

"He will have to find the right balance because, if he thinks he will win games by himself, that will be a massive mistake for him. If he tries to do something that he can't do, that will be a massive mistake as well.

"I read something interesting from [United manager Jose] Mourinho that he will win as much as Messi or Ronaldo. If people are expecting him to score 40 goals a season, that will not be the case, but he can make a difference with his physical and technical ability.

"He needs to find the right balance and do what he can best and not try to play as somebody else."

Vieira was a Juventus teammate of another of United's summer signings, Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The pair were together at Juventus during the 2005-06 season, under the management of Fabio Capello, and Vieira thinks that his former colleague will be a positive influence on Pogba.

The former Arsenal and Manchester City midfielder said: "Ibrahimovic, the way I know him, will be a really good person to help him to find the way and perform the way he can. He will have no choice any way but to listen to him."