• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A PR contingent at next year's parade

White Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
A PR contingent at next year's parade?

Letter from Kong Pih Shu
04:46 AM Aug 11, 2011
I write this as I watch on television the National Day Parade, (picture) which I have been watching since I came to Singapore five years ago.

In the last three years, I have been looking forward with increasing excitement for the Parade to start - the songs, the colour, the crowd, the military marches and the stories are stirring to me, a Malaysian and a Singapore permanent resident (PR).

I guess the atmosphere and the emotions that the organisers try to evoke are universal: The pain of growing up, the sacrifice that all have made, the solidarity of the different races, the uniqueness of Singapore today ... and the beauty of Marina Bay.

People from different backgrounds all like to hear a rags-to-riches story, which is always inspiring and touching. And Singapore is a winner because "giving up" is not part of the vocabulary - a spirit shared by its people.

Next year, maybe we should have a Singapore PR contingent for us to show our appreciation and gratitude to all Singaporeans.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you convert to Singapore citizen? Like this you can celebrate with us too in the army camp serving NS! And no need to wait for NDP!

A PR contingent at next year's parade?

Letter from Kong Pih Shu
04:46 AM Aug 11, 2011
I write this as I watch on television the National Day Parade, (picture) which I have been watching since I came to Singapore five years ago.

In the last three years, I have been looking forward with increasing excitement for the Parade to start - the songs, the colour, the crowd, the military marches and the stories are stirring to me, a Malaysian and a Singapore permanent resident (PR).

I guess the atmosphere and the emotions that the organisers try to evoke are universal: The pain of growing up, the sacrifice that all have made, the solidarity of the different races, the uniqueness of Singapore today ... and the beauty of Marina Bay.

People from different backgrounds all like to hear a rags-to-riches story, which is always inspiring and touching. And Singapore is a winner because "giving up" is not part of the vocabulary - a spirit shared by its people.

Next year, maybe we should have a Singapore PR contingent for us to show our appreciation and gratitude to all Singaporeans.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreign Legionnaires in the S'pore Army? Wld encourage more females FTs to join though...hahaha!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eh.....trying to incite and inflame emotions is it?

You think ISD will be easy on fuckers like this Kong Pih Shu? A foreigner trying to play politics in Singapore?

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
ISD? Sedition Act? Tolong. Remember Sanjay Bhatia? Remember the Pinay who now waiting for NHC reply? ISD got invite them drink coffee?
The Sanjay Bhatia is get away without even a sound from anyone. Sweep under carpet. Call me racist, but why tekan the PRC and the Pinay but let off the Ah Neh? All of them commit Sedition!

Eh.....trying to incite and inflame emotions is it?

You think ISD will be easy on fuckers like this Kong Pih Shu? A foreigner trying to play politics in Singapore?