• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean Indian man arrested after body found in fire at Afro Asia building

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
POLICE have arrested a 66-year-old Singaporean Indian man for suspected murder, following the discovery of a body in a fire at Afro Asia Building at Robinson Road on Wednesday.

A police press release said that, after responding to the fire, officers from the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) discovered a badly burnt body, believed to be that of a female victim, at the scene on the 6th floor of the building.

Investigation Officers from Central Police Division and the Criminal Investigation Department's Special Investigation Section were at the scene to conduct investigations while officers from CID's Forensic Management Branch and scientists from the Health Sciences Authority were present to gather forensic evidence.

Working on leads established through investigations, police arrested the suspect in Jurong at about 10.50pm on Wednesday. The arrest was made 13 hours after the fire was reported, said the police.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_700951.html

The case just got REALLY interesting

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This time I cannot say bad about our SPF. Kudos if they do find the man guilty and good detective work.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This time I cannot say bad about our SPF. Kudos if they do find the man guilty and good detective work.
on one hand, you could be right but on another, you might say differently....
Jack H 17 hours ago Report Abuse
I was in the next door building as the fire broke out and watched how absolutely useless the SDF and Police were.
Firstly fire trucks and other emergency vehicles were stuck in traffic. Although they had lights on - they did not use their sirens. Police were at a loss as to how to clear the traffic. Singaporean drivers did not give a @#$%. In New York the fire trucks would have rammed anyone who was in the way.

Secondly, there were so many firemen and police standing around, allowing pedestrians to walk UNDER the building as it was on fire. I saw a window smash and fall to the ground just missing a woman walking to work - seemingly oblivious to what was going on - and Police watching her.

It seems that all those glam action movies about Singapore's "Total Defense Lah" that they showed yesterday at the NDP was 1000 miles away from the readiness and ability of the local forces.

How come that the fire department did not go into the building and search it for people still there...

They stood around and watch it burn.

Shame......

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot let bro KNNBCCB see these, he sure shoot.....

hi there

1. bro simi tai ji
2. That keling must be ah neh converted to sinkapoor lang.
3. we need more ah nehs like him to eliminate another ah neh.
4. That will save my bullets
5. hahaha...

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. bro simi tai ji
2. That keling must be ah neh converted to sinkapoor lang.
3. we need more ah nehs like him to eliminate another ah neh.
4. That will save my bullets
5. hahaha...

alamak u clone of streetsmart73?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
on one hand, you could be right but on another, you might say differently....

Somehow I think this dude is exaggerating.

The guy talk like there is a freaking traffic jam at the place. Anyone who works at the CBD area will be able to tell you there is very little traffic at that time of the day(around 11am-12pm and I know coz the fire was just at the end of the same street where my office building is)

And my eyes may have some issues here. I see water being shot at the fire. Like that call doing nothing meh?
fire19jpg1312946929245-data.jpg

And the surrounding area seem to be blocked off
picture017jpg1312961473558-data.jpg
picture019jpg1312961496371-data.jpg

jw5

Loyal

I'm sure there's evidence pointing to the suspect.

There was a man who was killed and his body was found in a church beginning of this year in Jan.
Till today, there is not a single news report or update on any suspects.
It appears that the case may have gone cold.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know which office was burnt ? I understand there are many third-rate law firms in Afro Asia Building, an incubator for small size start-up law practice.

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal
From today's newspapers, it is not the husband. The family is suffering. Unnecessary acquisition and unkind words are not necessary. Check facts before posting

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sure there's evidence pointing to the suspect.

There was a man who was killed and his body was found in a church beginning of this year in Jan.
Till today, there is not a single news report or update on any suspects.
It appears that the case may have gone cold.

From my limited experience, if a murder case cannot give you leads in 3-4 days, it will be difficult to solve. Leads will come from house/handphone calls, messages, computers, DNA, fingerprints etc. Many cases remain unsolved, especially if a foreigner is involved. If offence committed by a single person, makes it more difficult too. Btw, I was never from SIS of the CID. Just using common sense!

jw5

Loyal
From my limited experience, if a murder case cannot give you leads in 3-4 days, it will be difficult to solve. Leads will come from house/handphone calls, messages, computers, DNA, fingerprints etc. Many cases remain unsolved, especially if a foreigner is involved. If offence committed by a single person, makes it more difficult too. Btw, I was never from SIS of the CID. Just using common sense!

My understanding is that the victim found in the church was a Singaporean Chinese man.
Till today, not a single news report or update.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My understanding is that the victim found in the church was a Singaporean Chinese man.
Till today, not a single news report or update.

When no leads, they will keep quiet hoping people will forget. The majority will. Except friends and relatives of the victim. And the murderer(s) too.